** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

kevshat

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Unlucky mate. That is the second biggest choke I have ever seen in any sport have ever watched. Only behind SA in the 1999 WC semi. Honestly can't believe my eyes. KKR outright is finished now save for a miracle 3 wins in a row. :(

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Chennai good value now to win. Can't see RCB winning as they rely too heavily on Gayle, and it is incredibly difficult to win from 3rd or 4th. 3 in a row in this format is difficult.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 I was watching delayed having recorded the match. Actually don't believe it. Fxcks the outright completely too you're right. They're going to go the Wankhede to play Mumbai again completely deflated whilst Mumbai are going to be the complete opposite. If they beat them, then they have to come through Chennai or Bangalore before winning the final also. Unbelievable :sad

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Now that I've calmed down I was looking at the prices on teams outright. Bangalore are a best price of 7/4 whilst Chennai are best at 2/1. Mumbai find themselves at 4/1 with Kolkata now out to 15/2. In terms of value, I don't think there is too much flying around. To be truthfully honest, I think Chennai will win the thing. As much as I want KKR to win, I think three straight wins is a bit beyond them. I agree with Lahrio in the sense that so much pins on Gayle with Bangalore so getting on them, especially at that price is abit dodgy. Mumbai, like KKR need 3 straight wins to win the thing outright but for some reason, I see them doing that more than I do Kolkata. What do you all think?

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 With Chennai guaranteed home advantage in the final and the qualification final if they need that, then you'd have to make them favourites despite today's result but there's no reason why Kolkata can't win 3 on the bounce. You'd think whoever wins the eliminator would have momentum over the side who loses the freebie qualifier for the final wouldn't you?

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Well it's a case of lightning striking twice for me in this 2nd qualifier. - 4pts Kolkata Knight Riders (vs. Mumbai Indians) @ 2.44 [Cricketbetlive] There's been a big shift on price in KKR in the last half an hour or so as they have gone from around 2.25 with most bookies to 2.38 in places. I don't know why as of yet but I still think they're the team to back in this 2nd qualifier today. Let's be serious, they controlled Mumbai for 39 overs in the last match and really should've won the game. Their batting clicked beautifully. The bowling was actually good in places; especially Iqbal Abdulla and Raji Bhatia in the middle overs and their side is definitely the better of the two in terms of form. Despite defeat I think they could take more positives from the match then their opponents. Mumbai still look shaky. Malinga hasn't fired for a few games now whilst there have been more than a few grumbles about the pace at which Tendulkar bats. Yes they will go into this match on a high but I think Gambhir will rally his troops and I fancy them to take this. I think these two teams are much closer to each other in terms of quality than the odds suggest so I'm more than happy to be on KKR at this price. - 1.5pts Top Kolkata Batsman: Manoj Tiwary @ 11/2 [bet365] Manoj Tiwary and Virat Kohli are my favourite batsmen in this competition. Despite me not posting I had Kohli to top bat yesterday and he brought in the goodies like he has done so consistently this year. Tiwary has done similar things for KKR with some steady and assured performances. He looked in top nick the other day too against Mumbai but was painfully run-out on 35. He can dig in and grind out scores whilst also up the pace and score big too. He has hit more sixes for KKR this IPL than any other player which further backs up that point. Goswami at the top will probably not be a round for long. Tiwary coming in at 4 is ideal for him as there will probably be enough runs on the board set by Kallis and Gambhir for him to not have that much pressure on him and that's where he can thrive. 355 runs with the bat already in IPL4 shows he's no slouch so I'm going to get on him to produce again this time. Tiwary for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 It's amazing how 1 over can lose you the trophy like that. If Balaji bowls one good ball in that 20h over, KKR are in the final at the moment I reckon. Instead, tey lost all confidence and are getting completely cleaned up by Mumbai. A long way back now.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Well my first foray into regular T20 betting was a painful one. Was only in profit at one point in the whole tournament and that was on the very first day. THAT Sehwag innings proved to be a killer for me, as did that horrible Balaji over. Such is the nature of Twenty20 cricket though so one can't moan too much. Chennai were the rightful winners and to be honest it has been a pretty awesome tournament to watch from start to finish. All part of the learning curve though. Will be back for other tournaments later on in the year no doubt. Well done to any other regulars in here and obviously all the other contributors. :ok