** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: April 3rd 2011 Picks

Re: MLB: April 3rd 2011 Picks Florida -1.5 @ 2.54 pinnacle Riding the marlins again, as they do have the better pitcher yet again. Vazquez should be able to pitche much better away from Yankee Stadium, and has done well against the Mets in the past, with a 0.90 ERA in winning 2 of his last 3 starts against them. Dickey pitches for the Mets, and he struggled with run support last year. Also Florida seemed to be able to work him out, going 1-1 with a 6.38 ERA in 3 starts vs the Marlins, so like them to do well against here, as they look to win the deciding game in this series. April picks: 1-2 (-0.72)

Re: MLB: April 3rd 2011 Picks MLB Overall 2011 4-2 +2.47 units (66.66%) TB Rays -145 to win 1 unit @ Pinnacle - Price is to high considdering that Britton just is a Double (7-3 W/L) and Triplle A (3-4 W/L) experienced pitcher. I feel the line is reflecting Orioles 2 wins and not todays matchup, and see small value on the Rays. CHI Cubs -169 to win 1 unit @ Pinnacle - Ohlendorf got less than 4 runs support in all his 26 starts last season, and I don't see a large improvement this season. I do reckon that Overbay should help Pirates improve in this matter, but yesterday proved that most of the Pirates wins will come from Maholm and hopefully Hochevar. Cubs starts Garza on the mount, and proves why I'm not a MLB coach. I'd put him up front in the rotation and sent Zambrano packing..... maybe it's that anger problem that makes the coaches afraid of his reaction if they fire him. NY Yankees -161 to win 1 unit @ Pinnacle - As i mentioned it's juice day. Putting Scherzer on the mound at Yankees Stadium is a bold move. He usually gives up a lot of flyballs and Yankees batting or Yankees Stadium doesn't seem like af place for his game/pitching style. TEX Rangers +126 to bet 1 unit @ Pinnacle - Like the spot for Rangers in this one. They've been batting great and Buchholz is not a strikeout pitcher. Definatly more close game than the line indicates and value on the home team. No line on the Phillies matchup but I'm willing to lay plenty of juice. I'll ride the Phillies offense as long as they keep delivering.