** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: US Masters 2011

hereforthep

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011

Lowest Round Score of Event - Anthony Kim @ 67 Sportingbet Kim has shot a 65 in both his Masters appearances and in both instances this was good enough to win this market (albeit tied with one other on both occasions). As has been mentioned he is a bit eratic at times but in this kind of market that's a good thing. A guy who shoots 65 or 75 is better than a guy who shots four rounds of 69 (at least in this type of market). Clearly found form last week so this is just sucg a stonking good bet that I wasn't even able to get my full requested stake on!
Incredible odds CP, the best you can get at the british bookies is 26...great bet though :ok

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 Normally I'd have 3-4 players in the outright market but I'm really keen on Bubba this week so I'm happy to leave it with him. I'll hit two sides markets though. 2pts ew L.Donald Top GB & Ire Player 6/1 Blue Square (1/4 1,2,3) I like Luke Donald this week. I know he historically can't win having won the par 3 tournament but that's a load of bollocks really. I don't think he'll win the tournament anyway but I do think he can lead the British/Ire charge this week. Luke is playing some lovely golf at the minute. He was foot perfect in the Matchplay earlier in the year and he has everything you need to tame this course apart from the length. However it's not going to be wet. It's actually going to be warm this week so he'll get it out their further. Irons into the green he's very good. He's got a wonderful short game which is an absolutely must around here and he's one of the best putters out there. It's a strong lineup from GB&I this year but with Donald now over his injury problems and full of confidence from the Matchplay win, I think he's the one to beat in this mini field. 1pt ew B.Watson to win Amen Corner 14/1 Totesport (1/5 1,2,3,4) I've had a have a tickle at this. Bubba's length could destroy Amen Corner to pieces. Certainly 11 and 13 anyway. 11 is a 505 yard par 4 and while some of the players are hitting long irons into the green Bubba will be going with a much shorter iron, even as short as an 8 or 9 iron which will be a huge advantage. Ok the drive itself doesn't help his cut drive but the slope of the fairway does there. Bubba's got a wonderful short game so 12 shouldn't worry him too much and again he'll be hitter short iron in there. He could even be hitting wedge in which is an incredible thought. Then there's 13. 510 yard par 5. I would expect Bubba to be birdieing that more often than not if not eagleing it and unlike 11, 13 does set up perfectly for him. He could destroy that hole this week. 14/1 seems a perfectly acceptable price on someone I'm convinced will go well overall as well.

1st round leader McILROY 35/1 E/W Can come out of the traps like a rocket like he did in the british open can tear any course up if it all clicks 35's is a decent price. GOOSEN 60/1 E/W another well capable of have a very low round on any given day worth a small dabble at the odds.
Currently 1st & 2nd. Good luck Ted:hope

1st round leader McILROY 35/1 E/W Can come out of the traps like a rocket like he did in the british open can tear any course up if it all clicks 35's is a decent price. GOOSEN 60/1 E/W another well capable of have a very low round on any given day worth a small dabble at the odds.
Not a bad start Ted :hope

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 funny how i have backed rory many a time for 1st round leader and didnt really consider him for this tourney, possibly juat thinking about certain golfers only i suppose, well done TED and hopefully he hangs in there unless my pick ROSE, CASEY OR CINK suddenly find a few birdies etc !!

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 Was just on Betfair and there is a market on 2nd round leader and was amazed that over £200 matched at 13.00 :eek on McIlroy wish i could have got a wack of that, seems huge! I took some of the 8.00 which is more realistic though still high imo. A lot on people underestimating the kid with some of the prices matched. Only 5/2 with PP. I reckon he's got the bottle to take this we will see by Sunday night but bring it on :nana

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 Jerry Kelly to win 3 ball 2/1 skybet vs Overton/Villegas i think Kelly should win this one the other two have not been impressive but Kelly is experienced at Augusta Bubba Watson to 3 ball 6/4 skybet vs Casey/E.Molianari in the second round Casey sometimes does not play as good and Molinari is not a good enough putter for the fast greens of Augusta Stewart Cink to win 3 ball 6/5 skybet vs Furyk/Ikeda i think cink should win this Furyk has not got a good record at Augusta which is surprising Anthony Kim to win 3 ball 5/6 skybet vs Marino/Stenson i think the second round Kim will come good because usually takes a while to get going

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 just looking at some of the odds on BF now Mcilroy 4.3 - 2 shots clear Woods 6.0 - 5 behind the leader with a few to play Mickelson 28.0 - tempting! i took a bit of the 80.0 on Dustin Johnson after a much better round today, he needs a 65 tomorrow i feel to get into this but rory may find the pressure too much tomorrow in front of this field.

I took some of the 8.00 which is more realistic though still high imo. A lot on people underestimating the kid with some of the prices matched. Only 5/2 with PP
This is all but in now with just a few players still to finish :nana. Rory's a license to print money at the moment lol. Be bloody hard to beat now with a couple of shots lead going into the weekend. He's in the zone some will feel the pressure will get to him but i think he will handle it find will have learnt a hell of a lot from the British open last year talking of which PP has cut him 4 point for it already. Go on my son show them a clean pair of heels:hope

Was just on Betfair and there is a market on 2nd round leader and was amazed that over £200 matched at 13.00 :eek on McIlroy wish i could have got a wack of that' date=' seems huge! I took some of the 8.00 which is more realistic though still high imo. A lot on people underestimating the kid with some of the prices matched. Only 5/2 with PP. I reckon he's got the bottle to take this we will see by Sunday night but bring it on :nana[/quote'] Well played mate. 8.00 looks ridiculous now. I was surprised with how composed he looked. Maybe he's learnt a lot after what happened at last year's Open Championship.

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 Sport Golf Event Masters outright Selection Woods Strength 10/10 Date 10/04/2011 Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 4.33 Reasoning I'm willing to bite on Tiger at this price. He was excellent on the back 9 yesterday, really solid and putting like the old days. He did it at just the right time too, with McIlroy and Day surely watching. McIlroy has been excellent so far but it's going to be very tough for him to play that well all the way through and win 'wire to wire'. I may be getting suckered in by Tiger at this price, but I think he's favourite to win it from here, and I'll have a go.

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 What an awesome weekend we've got lined up at the Masters! The two young guns right up at the top with Tiger on their trail - is he back? Well personally I think he just woke up to the fact he fits the hornet criteria so has to have a decent run at it :lol but it'll be interesting to see how his swing holds up under a bit of pressure over the weekend. Looking further down the list we've even got major champions such as Yang, Couples, Ogilvy, Furyk, and Cabrera who could all still very much make their mark on this championship...and then there's Sergio in there too. Hitting the ball as well as anyone...if that boy could just hole out more often from within ten feet he'd be masterful (sound familiar Rory?!). Lee Westwood says that he's missing a lot of putts and if that comes together he could go low - and that his round yesterday of 67 wasnt low. Would love to see him win a major. I think from a value perspective, YE Yang holds the trump card here. Major champion who I really think should be -8 at least the way he's been playing...missing so many birdie chances and his 3 putt from 10ft at the 16th yesterday says it all. But definitely a player under the radar who could creep up on the leaders without them even noticing until it's too late. Tiger probably wont miss him though...he knows all about him. 40s is a pretty fair price if you're willing to take a little punt. Enough of my ramblings...enjoy the weekend, it's going to be a good one! :ok

What an awesome weekend we've got lined up at the Masters! The two young guns right up at the top with Tiger on their trail - is he back? Well personally I think he just woke up to the fact he fits the hornet criteria so has to have a decent run at it :lol but it'll be interesting to see how his swing holds up under a bit of pressure over the weekend. Looking further down the list we've even got major champions such as Yang, Couples, Ogilvy, Furyk, and Cabrera who could all still very much make their mark on this championship...and then there's Sergio in there too. Hitting the ball as well as anyone...if that boy could just hole out more often from within ten feet he'd be masterful (sound familiar Rory?!). Lee Westwood says that he's missing a lot of putts and if that comes together he could go low - and that his round yesterday of 67 wasnt low. Would love to see him win a major. I think from a value perspective, YE Yang holds the trump card here. Major champion who I really think should be -8 at least the way he's been playing...missing so many birdie chances and his 3 putt from 10ft at the 16th yesterday says it all. But definitely a player under the radar who could creep up on the leaders without them even noticing until it's too late. Tiger probably wont miss him though...he knows all about him. 40s is a pretty fair price if you're willing to take a little punt. Enough of my ramblings...enjoy the weekend, it's going to be a good one! :ok
Ramblings = word perfect summary of events thus far :lol

Good Luck everyone Outright not a tournament i get heavily involved in,tend to play more on the 18 hole matches Those who Pmed me know that ive had small ew bets on Stewart Cink & Robert Allenby @ 125-1 Cink though missed the cut last couple of years has overall decent cd form and i like the way he is getting his game together the last few weeks.Allenby has a patchy masters record but is a guy ive always thought capable of winning a major Im adding another 100+ player to my portfolio..Francesco Molinari @ 100-1 [Ladbrokes]..this guy is a man who ups his game for the big occasion and i think after this tournament wont be these sort of odds in a major
Pretty consistent..all three missed cut by 1 shot:sad

Looking further down the list we've even got major champions such as Yang, Couples, Ogilvy, Furyk, and Cabrera who could all still very much make their mark on this championship...and then there's Sergio in there too
Would like to see some of them all in with a shot on final day :ok

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 I might be completely off the mark but I think Rory being paired with Angel Cabrera instead of Jason Day for the final round may have a bearing on this tournament. Rory is now a massive favourite and it is his championship to lose and as such, the pressure will be greater. I think with the big Argentinian who doesnt speak English, has won two majors and will have that bit of a carefree swagger, it wont be quite so easy for Rory. Plus, he's not the greatest front runner anyway. It's his to lose and personally I think the two guys who met 9 of the 10 criteria (Choi and Cabrera) have massive chances of snatching this away from him. Of course, if I'm wrong and he saunters his way to victory then fair play and I'll hold my hands up! :\

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 i've got carbera top 10 (8/1) but didnt back him to win (!) however Choi is best winner for me with some outside PL bets with a few mates who clubbed together, took a nice price on him pre tourney as long as Carbrera gets top 10 i will have some return on my 20pt stake but not enough to secure profit. might have some bets tonight though once i get through the day !! Good luck to Rory though, not sure how to feel about one of our young lads winning a major so young? is it a good thing or bad thing if you know what i mean?

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 I actually think Rory will hold on tonight. For me, the interest is who will emerge out of the pack as the main challenger so I'm going to take 4 in the w/o Rory market. L.Donald, 2pts win @ 6/1 Stan James G.Ogilvy, 1pt EW @ 28/1 SportingBet B.Watson, 1pt EW @ 25/1 Boylesports F.Couples, 0.5pts EW @ 50/1 Betfred (all 1/4 odds 1-2-3) Donald has played some tremendous golf and won the Par 3 event on Wednesday. Excellent scrambing skills and only had 1 bogey yesterday when making an absolute hash of the par 5 13th. Is one shot off the pace in this market, is a man in form and looks a decent price at 6's. The other 3 bets are more speculative and are all 3 shots off the lead in this market, however there are only 7 players above them. No surprise if Van Pelt, Schwartzel and Day fall away today, whilst Cabrera & Choi are generally inconsistent. Adam Scott had a cracking round yesterday but is not sure to repeat it so I feel those tucked in behind could make a move. Bubba was superb with 7 birdies on Saturday and seems very relaxed so I can see another similar round today, whilst Ogilvy is an excellent player and a poor front 9 yesterday put paid to his chances. 28's is way too big. The experience comes from Freddy Couples and he could just sneak under the radar and I'm happy to have a small stake on him at 50's.

Re: Golf: US Masters 2011 I'm of the opinion that experience really counts on the last day of a tournament like this. I think that any player in contention who has experience of winning should definitely be considered. With that in mind, I'm taking three on the outrights. A. Cabrera to win US Masters, 2pts @ 13/1 Betfair T. Woods to win US Masters, 2pts @ 35/1 Betfair F. Couples to win US Masters 2pts @ 239/1 Betfair I considered adding Mickelson to the above, but I feel he has too much to do. I'm also going to fade McIlroy as I don't think there is any value in backing him. So many times we see a player with a healthy lead heading into the final day of a Major, only to fall away. I can still remember Dustin Johnson doing it last year, and even Tiger Woods has done it in the past. I also think that there is added pressure on McIlroy because of the possibility of him going wire-to-wire. I'm going to stake this in such a way that should McIlroy win, I will be down 11pts. If one of my picks wins then happy days, and if anyone else wins I'm virtually break-even. Lay R. McIlroy to win US Masters, 6.5pts @ 8/11 Betfair

This is my first time posting my golf bets in-depth on here so be gentle! I must say i have followed the 'Hornet Criteria' pretty closely and you will notice most of the picks will meet the majority if not all of the criteria. All bets placed with Paddy Power (EW 1st 6 Places) last night and glad to see some fellow punters on here have put forward cases for the same players today. Anthony Kim EW @ 40/1 Alot has been said about AK on here and with his fantastic record at Augusta albeit based on a short career (3rd and T20th). His final round last year sticks in my memory and i simply couldn't pass up the odds on a player like Kim who i feel has the game to win majors. Steve Stricker EW @ 45/1 I find the odds on Stricker generous given his class. I feel he is in nice form, backed up by a good top 5 performance last week and if he can get the putter working like we know it can i feel he can have a good go at claiming the green jacket. I had my eye on him before Hornet's research and that encouraged me even more. Ian Poulter EW @ 50/1 Big fan of Poulter, like his style and he has made 6 cuts in 6 appearances with his last 4 appearances reading T10th, T20th, T25th and T13th i am hoping his run of progression in the last 3 years continues leaving backers with a good chance of collecting. YE Yang EW @ 95/1 Yang again fits Hornet's criteria, finished top 10 last year and is very much a player in the major fields these days. Had a small play at 95/1 as i feel these are very generous odds for a major winner in decent form. Ryan Moore EW @ 66/1 I regard Moore as an up and coming player and was surprised that in his only 3 appearances (over last 8 years) he hasn't missed a cut at Augusta with 2 top 15 finishes. Happy to have a dabble on him and glad to see others agree. Charl Schwartzel EW @ 90/1 Charl had 3 top 20s in the majors last year and a T30th here. He's competing regularly at the top of leaderboards and although i don't think he has won on US soil i feel he's in a similar mould to Immelman when he won and feel Schwartzel can give a good account of himself this week. I feel 90/1 is more than generous! Really excited about the weekends golf ahead and will be disappointed if 1 or more of the above are not in the thick of action come Sunday evening. Good luck Chaps!:hope
:clap

This is my first time posting my golf bets in-depth on here so be gentle! I must say i have followed the 'Hornet Criteria' pretty closely and you will notice most of the picks will meet the majority if not all of the criteria. All bets placed with Paddy Power (EW 1st 6 Places) last night and glad to see some fellow punters on here have put forward cases for the same players today. Anthony Kim EW @ 40/1 Alot has been said about AK on here and with his fantastic record at Augusta albeit based on a short career (3rd and T20th). His final round last year sticks in my memory and i simply couldn't pass up the odds on a player like Kim who i feel has the game to win majors. Steve Stricker EW @ 45/1 I find the odds on Stricker generous given his class. I feel he is in nice form, backed up by a good top 5 performance last week and if he can get the putter working like we know it can i feel he can have a good go at claiming the green jacket. I had my eye on him before Hornet's research and that encouraged me even more. Ian Poulter EW @ 50/1 Big fan of Poulter, like his style and he has made 6 cuts in 6 appearances with his last 4 appearances reading T10th, T20th, T25th and T13th i am hoping his run of progression in the last 3 years continues leaving backers with a good chance of collecting. YE Yang EW @ 95/1 Yang again fits Hornet's criteria, finished top 10 last year and is very much a player in the major fields these days. Had a small play at 95/1 as i feel these are very generous odds for a major winner in decent form. Ryan Moore EW @ 66/1 I regard Moore as an up and coming player and was surprised that in his only 3 appearances (over last 8 years) he hasn't missed a cut at Augusta with 2 top 15 finishes. Happy to have a dabble on him and glad to see others agree. Charl Schwartzel EW @ 90/1 Charl had 3 top 20s in the majors last year and a T30th here. He's competing regularly at the top of leaderboards and although i don't think he has won on US soil i feel he's in a similar mould to Immelman when he won and feel Schwartzel can give a good account of himself this week. I feel 90/1 is more than generous! Really excited about the weekends golf ahead and will be disappointed if 1 or more of the above are not in the thick of action come Sunday evening. Good luck Chaps!:hope
First write up on here and managed a winner...big thanks to Hornet for the trends of which i delved into and Charl Schwartzel met every trend i think...he was highlighted on the trend list anyway whilst the vast majority had a line stroked through them! Really pleased so thanks again for the help on here...first time i've really studied for my golf bets! :beer