** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NHL April 2011

Sport Ice Hockey
Event St. Louis - Calgary
Selection St. Louis -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 3.50
Reasoning St Louis just manage to score 10 times at Detroit, one of the best team from NHL, not only they score 10 times, but Detroit to take 10 goals at home? wow, I'll never think that I'll see something like that in my life. Once again they prove that NHL can product any kind of result. For Calgary is all or nothing, if they lose the play off is off definitely, if they win, they still can hope, but even like that chances are under 1%, so I don't see them well if they take one, they'll take more after! My tip 4-2. Good luck!

Re: NHL April 2011

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Phoenix - Colorado
Selection Colorado
Strength 10/10
Date 01/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 4.80
Reasoning Triple revenge here, this year Colorado lost all 3 matches with Phoenix, now hosts are push to win this one, there is no place for mistakes, the fight for play off is very interesting and isn't sure who will go and who will stay, this should normally be easy home win, but I think is a to low odd for the reality, the match is much more harder that bookie presents, if a team need to win, doesn't means that will win. This is NHL! all teams can make any result, so I go on a surprise here, away win! Good luck!

Re: NHL April 2011 New York Islanders - Carolina Hurricanes Carolina +OT, odds 1.78 @ SBOBET In short, with five wins in a row Carolina is in form and they have beaten the Islanders three times this season. Most importantly, Carolina has something to play for whereas the Islanders does not. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Nashville - Atlanta
Selection Nashville -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.65
Reasoning Predators are very close to play offs, the only question is on what place they'll finish the regular season, who will be the play off opponent, for me is good if they play with Detroit, i believe they can take them out, are 4-2 this year with they, but they must focus on this last 3 matches, all easy on paper but if they don't win... problems are coming, so in front of a non motivated team with a bad season I expect a clear win for predators. 4-1 is my tip. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Edmonton - Vancouver
Selection Vancouver -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.50
Reasoning This should be a revenge for last match, when two days ago Vancouver lost home 1-4 wit Oilers, so first place from regular season from NHL with last place, can this be a double win for Edmonton? no, it can't even if Canuks won the regular season and wait the play off, the difference is to big between this team, I expect at least for that 1-4 lost, a 2 goals ah win. My tip 0-3. Good luck!

Re: NHL April 2011 Calgary Flames - Edmonton Oilers Calgary -0.5, odds 1.65 @ Expekt 5 / 10 Calgary -1.5 +OT, odds 2.07 @ Pinnacle Sports 5 / 10 Calgary needs the points in order to qualify for the play-offs. The Oilers have nothing to play for. The motivation is thus on the side of Calgary. Earlier matches this season between the two teams resulted in four win for Calgary in five matches. Chicago Blackhawks - St.Louis Blues Chicago -0.5, odds 1.81 @ 5Dimes 5 / 10 Chicago has two injured players which makes this bet tricky. For tonight they will be highly motivated because they still need points whereas the Blues do not. They won three out of five matches between each other this season. Good luck. :dude

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Washington - Florida
Selection Florida
Strength 10/10
Date 06/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 4.85
Reasoning Too many matches with high stake tonight, don't know what to chose, but I hate when teams are overrated by bookies, is NHL, not Italian Serie A when again the x will start to have soon 1.15 odd, the best example is last place Edmonton with Vancouver, 1st place, two matches in two days two wins for last place, I also agree that Washington need a win to win the East conference but Florida isn't a team for last place, is definitely better that NJ, or Toronto or NYI so I take the this great odd, even if I risk to lose badly. my tip 2-4. good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Chicago - St. Louis
Selection Chicago -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.55
Reasoning Here is no place for other result that win for Chicago, even if they win all 3 matches left they have big chances to miss the play off, but if they don't win, they just simplify the equation for opponents. Louis, with some crazy results, 3-10 at Detroit, or last 3 away matches ended win not normal scores for Louis, 3-6 win at Minnesota, 1-6 at Colorado and the season high 3-10, but that was a good run, I don't think they manage to score again more that one goal, I take the home win, 4-1 my tip. Good luck!

Re: NHL April 2011 New York Rangers - Atlanta Thrashers New York Rangers -1.5 +OT, odds 2.40 @ 5Dimes 6 / 10 Though the Thrashers beat the Rangers two out of three matches this season, I beleive the value is on the Rangers. The Rangers can qualify for the play-offs whereas the Thrashers have nothing to play for. They will be the motivated team tonight. :dude

Re: NHL April 2011 big game tonight! Game of the Month goes tonight... GOM = HURRICANES To Win (-145) Atlanta pulled off a big upset as +200 dogs last night in New York beating the Rangers 3-0, but are in tough against the Hurricanes tonight. Carolina sits 2 points out of eighth place in the Eastern Conference with a game in hand on the New York Rangers. The Hurricanes are coming off a 3-0 win on Wednesday night at home against the Red Wings, where Cam Ward stopped 42 shots for the shutout. The Hurricanes have won 7 of their last 9 games fighting for the postseason. Cam Ward has played exceptional allowing 2 goals or less in his last 5 starts and has only one game in his past 9 starts with a SV% below .900. Not only has Cam Ward been great, but he is getting some support. The Canes have averaged 3.20 goals per game over their last 5. Carolina has won 4 straight road games and are 17-6 in their last 23 games as a favoite of -110 to -150. The Hurricanes love playing in Atlanta as they are 23-7-3 in their last 33 games in Atlanta. Also note they have taken 4 of the 5 meetings between these two teams this season. Like I had mentioned, the Thrashers played in New York last night, and they are just 3-8-3 with no days of rest on the season (1-5-1 in their 7 games with no rest after a win). Also take note the Thrashers are coming home after a 5 game road swing. Atlanta is just 2-5 in their last 7 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days. They have been one of the worst teams in the NHL in the second half, going 12-25 in their last 37 games overall. Carolina is a focused team right now and they are determined to make the playoffs. Cam Ward is on top of his game and that is bad news for this Thrashers team. Returning from a long road trip on no rest, I can't see the Thrashers matching the energy that Carolina will bring. I am laying down on Carolina on the moneyline as my Game of the Month with confidence. I have a feeling that this line will be moving against us, so get on it quick if you're playing the GOM with us.

Re: NHL April 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning @ Carolina Hurricanes –HURICANES TO WIN (-163) – The Hurricanes can clinch a playoff spot tonight with a win over the Lightning, or will be in if the Rangers lose this afternoon to the Devils. The Lightning have locked up 5th place in the East and this game is very much meaningless to them. Back up Mike Smith will be in net for the Lightning and I expect them to rest any players who have minor injuries (Victor Hedman) in order to gear up for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Cam Ward has been exceptional lately for the Hurricanes posting a 5-0-1 record in his last 6 starts. The Hurricanes are averaging over 3 goals per game at home this season and 4 goals per game in their last 5, while only allowing 1.40 goals against per game in their last 5. Although Tampa will try to bring some intensity, they won’t have near the motivation as Carolina who should be in a do or die scenario at home. Look for the Hurricanes to ride this momentum and book themselves a spot in the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs with a win tonight in front of a rocking home crowd.