** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Premier League Week 8

Tyler

Thursday 31 March 2011 Player 1 Draw Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Wade, J v Anderson, G (19:00 BST) 3.9 6 1.72 100.45 %
maximize.gif Whitlock, S v Jenkins, T (19:40 BST) 1.73 6 3.9 100.11 %
maximize.gif Taylor, P v Van Barneveld, R (20:20 BST) 1.44 7.4 6 99.41 %
maximize.gif Lewis, A v Webster, M (21:00 BST) 1.83 5.6 3.6 100.28 %
My tips for the evening: - 9pts Simon Whitlock to beat Terry Jenkins @ 4/6 via Coral I'm not a fan of Terry Jenkins at all. He sits 1 point off the bottom of the Premier League table after 7 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended at the base of the table come the end of the group stages. Definitely feel that he came up against a sub-par Lewis last week who missed a couple of easy darts to go 7-4 up in the match plus a ridiculously out of sorts James Wade beat him the week before. He throws a lot of 1's and 5's in with his 20's and I am sure that will get punished by a resurgent Whitlock who secured his biggest win of the season last week. I just can't overlook Whitlock here who will throw first and am willing to play big on him to see it through. Whitlock will look to this week to push on into the Top 4 and I think he'll do just that. Heavy on Whitlock here. - 4pts Raymond van Barneveld 3-Dart Average Under 99.5 @ 5/6 via Stan James As soon as I saw this fixture I was looking to oppose Barney in some way shape or form. Taylor seems to have a hex over Barney and in recent years, there only ever seems to be one result when they play each other. Despite Barney being in a great run of form, I can't help but feel the widely given 4/1 is still justified on him to win. Taylor just seems to be getting better and better as the years roll on and the 113.00 3-dart average he produced when these two played each other in Holland two weeks ago shows what kinda form he's in. Barney has never seen an average higher than 96.6 in the last SEVEN times these two have played in the Premier League. On average in those seven matches, Barney averages a smidgen over 93.00. Definitely feel that this line is generous and I feel Taylor will take this one with a surprising amount of ease. He's got Barney on lock mentally and I think this one will be an 8-4. Definitely unders for me.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 8 Going with a few tonight. Took the Taylor average at 5/4 but PL was down for a few minutes and it's evens now so I'll put it up as evens. 6pts P.Taylor Highest Week 8 average Evs Stan James I still think Evs is a huge price. As we all know Taylor beat Barneveld in Holland 10 days ago and nailed him with a 113 average and although I don't think he will, if he does do that again then the rest are making up the numbers in this market. Even if he doesn't I still expect him to put up a good average here. He's won this market for the last 3 weeks sticking up 100+ averages in each match and I don't expect anything less tonight. The other 3 matches all have a favourite who should win fairly comfortably so they may all take their foot off the gas or not even need to hit top gear in the first place. Given Taylor's record over Barney and the fact he raises his game for him I really think he can lead the averages tonight. 4pts P.Taylor (-3) to beat R.Barneveld 5/4 Skybet Barneveld is beaten before he even goes up on stage these days. The way he was bigging Taylor up in interview last week was pretty sick from a darts fan point of view. If Barney had belief in himself he could give Taylor a game but he hasn't and so he won't. I fully expect Taylor to win this no worse than 8-4 even if it does require 2 unanswered breaks. Taylor's covered this in every Premier League meeting since 2007 and every meeting they've had since the Desert Classic final in 2009 and I think he'll do it again tonight even though Barney's actually playing well coming in here. 4pts M.Webster's Highest Checkout - Over 100.5 5/6 Paddy Power Mark Webster's only won 32 legs in this tournament but 10 of them have been with ton plus checkouts. He hit 3 against Lewis in his 8-2 win in Exeter and will probably need to hit one or two to stay close to a rejuvenated Lewis here. This line looks low and I'm happy to take it. 3pts G.Anderson (-1) Most 180's vs J.Wade 5/6 Stan James I like this line. James Wade has only hit 4 180's in the last four weeks of this competition, two of those weeks being blanks so against a heavy 180 hitter like Anderson if he continues that ratio he's going to be murdered in the 180's here. Anderson hasn't been as fluent recently but there's still only one week that he's hit less than 3 180's. Wade's only hit more than 3 in one week which was the 2nd week when he walloped Lewis. Since then he's been worse than shit and with that run expected to continue if Wade's results at the weekend were anything to go by, then I think Anderson will outscore him by at least 2 180's tonight.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 8 2 pts James Wade v Gary Anderson - Highest Checkout under 120.5 2.1 Corals Anderson hasn't been checking out his last 5 matches (apart from a 121 last week). Wade is capable but he isn't getting the chances so think this is a good line. 5 pts Simon Whitlock v Terry Jenkins:- Highest Checkout under 120.5 2.1 Corals I haven't seen much about Jenkins and he hasn't finished above this all season, which leaves it down to Whitlock. Whitlock isn't the best finisher either (doing this twice this season and less than 40% in PL history). 2pts Taylor highest checkout under 106.5 Paddy power Taylor looked fantastic last week and is hitting the high 3 dart averages. However, his finsihing hasn't been world class. In the PL league format he beats this 48% of the time. This season he is missing the checkouts and only done this in 2 out of his 7 league games this term 1pt Webster to beat Lewis 4 Betfred OK I expect Lewis to win, but this price seems a bit on the big side. Webster can finish and can hit some nice average 3 darts. Lewis has been a bit off colour, so think there is some value here.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 8 2pts double Whitlock win @ 8/13 and highest checkout over 106.5 @ 5/6 Paddypower Whitlock is getting back to his very best form and starting to take out the big checkouts. Can't see jenkins getting anything here and really fancy a big checkout from whitlock.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 8

Adrian Lewis v Mark Webster - Mark Webster @ 9/4 - William Hill Webster hasn't won in three games, but his last win was against Lewis in Exeter. He's in his home town tonight and I think the price on offer is a little too high considering Lewis always struggles when he's the favourite.
That was poor.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 8

WIN - 9pts Simon Whitlock to beat Terry Jenkins @ 4/6 via Coral WIN - 4pts Raymond van Barneveld 3-Dart Average Under 99.5 @ 5/6 via Stan James
Whitlock did the business and Barney returned an average of 96.53. +8.99 for the night. Congrats to all winners. :beer