** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament

BillyHills

Ok guys, after my initial post about Private Poker Tables, there seems to be enough of us interested in having a go at this thing. Never done it before but i'm willing to try and set it all up unless someone else has the know how, experience, time etc... Downloaded the Software from http://www.pokertropolis.com/privatetable.asp and had a look at the tables, looks ok to me. Read the rules about setting up Tourney and it appears fairly straight forward. Can only see a couple of problems; (1) All players will obviously have to register with the site, (Use Punters Lounge usernames) which means downloading the software, some may not want 'another' poker set-up, so if there is an alternative then let us know. (ie; if Laddies do one and most of us are already members at that site then it would make sense to do it there, although this one seems ok, as i said earlier) (2)We will have to pay an entry fee, of which the site takes a cut for the pleasure of having us (usual rake%) Obviously this will mean putting cash into account so access to payment method will be needed. (Only 10cent minimum) If after these conditions are met then we have to decide a few things; (1) Date of Tournament Obviously we need to select a day and time that suits the majority, may be impossible to suit everyone. Something like Sunday at 7pm for example. (2)Type of Tournament I imagine this will be NO LIMIT Texas Hold-Em. (3)The amount of Starting Chips This will be fixed at 1500, we need to choose the starting Blinds. Eg; $10/$20 (The site deals in Dollars) (4)The Entry Fee This will determine the Prize Money, i think it will be split in the usual way but by request we can do what we like. A couple of ways of looking at this but for the first one we may want to keep it at $5 or something and see how we go. The extra for the Site would be 10% ie; 50cents. I thought we could have a go early in the New Year when everybody is back online after the Hols. From the posts already recieved the players interested so far were; BillyHills Jay Oskar StaffordRangersFan Topnotchbloke Jezza Dave George MFC MARK NorfolkEnchance There is no limit to the amount of players, the tables will be automatically provided to suit the entrants. Max 10 per table. Anyway, its all trial and error just now so if anyone 'really' interested in playing put their thoughts up and we can take it from there. My suggestion: Sunday 7pm in january No Limit Texas Hold-Em Blinds= $10/$20 Entry Fee= $5 I am fairly flexible, but Mondays/Fridays are a bit of a problem. Cheers BH

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament If it's early enough to be before the 9th I'm fine, but then I'm back at uni so can only really do Saturday nights (Can be at the girlfriends and use her PC) due to uni firewall. Saturday 8th would suit me perfectly. If anyone wants to up the stakes that's fine by me as well, especially with the extremely weak dollar. Anything up to a score would be fine.

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament Ok lads, Saturday 8th January looks like a good starting point and we have to make some definite decisions sooner or later. Not bothered about the stakes but origionally thoughts to keep it low to create enough interest. I'm thinking bragging rights after the event would be reward enough for the first one! Let me know, majority rules. So Anybody interested in: Texas Hold'em No Limit Tournament Venue; Pokertropolis.com Date; Saturday January 8th 2005 8pm Buy-In; $5 or $10 plus 10% to site. (any thoughts on this, not sure what people usually play for but dont want to get too serious, rather have lot of players of all levels to encourage beginners to come and play) Chips; 1500 to start, $10/$20 opening blinds (any thoughts? want to make game last long enough) Try to get Usernames that will identify you to Punters Lounge. When registering you will get a 5 digit Ac Number. I may need this to enter people in to the event. Only problem i see is that they only accept Visa/mastercard Credit cards plus some other stuff i'm not sure about which is probrably for US citizens.?? Let me know if your definitely agreeable to the above and are able to enter. In the meantime i'll e-mail them and ask a few questions like when do we deposit money, how close to the date can we add names etc... Tried to look around for UK sites that does private tables and accept Switch. Heard that VC does private rooms but cant find any info on the site. Laddies dont. Hills dont. Bet365 dont. Cheers BH

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament Sounds good to me. Some alternatives that may offer different services/funding options: http://www.paradisepoker.com/tournaments/private_tournaments.html http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournamentPrivate.asp I've played at Paradise before and the software is ok but needs 20 entrants to the tournament, know nothing about Absolute though.

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament Am up for any PL poker tournament going :clap (I am easy going for the time and date also). Unfortunatley I do not have a credit card, only debit sow ould have to be a site that took one of these (most do these days and Ihave accounts at them all just about). The best resolution would be if wayne could possibly get the PL ladbrokes tourney going again but I dunno if they would have it after we backed out last time or if its even possible at all. If not I am sure we can sort something out anyway Jez

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament I'll keep searching Jezza, but so far cant find any sites that will entertain us that use switch! Laddies told me they dont do private tourneys? So did VChandler. Some other sites either only allow players that have been members for ages or only do Single Tables which isnt what i had in mind. Other problem with pokertropolis is that its $20 minimum deposit. I'll keep trying.

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament I make it 12 people have expressed an interest so far, we now need confirmations for Saturday Jan 8th, 8pm. BillyHills Norfolk Jezza MFC Mark Dave Topnotchbloke Oskar George Jay MrMuzeman Laidbackbloke StaffordRangersFan So we need another 8 at least, thats if the above will play? If you can definitely play in the following please state below. If you deffo cant then let us know also. Texas Hold'em No Limit Jan 8th at 8pm Be able to open account at Paradise Poker $10 entry fee (minimum on that site) Switch/Maestro/Visa/Mastercard all accepted. Obviously the more the merrier so anyone you know on the lounge that would give it a blast then recruit them now. Lets get this on lads! Cheers BH

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament Im in! since im going to be off the net for a week i've just opened an account at paradise poker- couldn't fit in laidbackbloke (one letter short) so i ended up with the user name laidbackblok :sad (just in case you need user names in advance) anyway Roll on the 8th January :cow:nana :cheers and here's hoping i don't make an :moon of myself :lol

Re: Punter's Lounge Poker Tournament Dont worry mate, quite a few of us are just first year apprentices, with the odd shark or two, be a good laugh and who knows may become a regular thing, its up to us really. Definites BillyHills Jezza MFC Mark (thanks for your help) Aliensyndm Laidbackbloke Got a couple of mates who are going to join PL in the new year anyaway now we have a poker section, so i'll get them to register with PL asap. I'm sure they will play.