** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL Round 2

gurudave

Parramatta $1.57 @ Sportingbet 10 units Parramatta suprised many with an upset over the Warriors in NZ in round 1 while Penrith were embarrassed by a rampant Newcastle side. While I thought Newcastle would beat Penrith I certainly didn't imagine such a scoreline and Penrith looked completely underdone. Parramatta Stadium on a friday night and barring numerous lucky tries from kicks which seems to be the only way they believe they can score, I can't see Penrith doing anything in this one.

Re: NRL Round 2 Luke Burt Top Scorer Round 2 $11 @ Sportsbet 3 Units Some good odds on this pick as third favourite for the round. The main threat of course is Jamie Soward but if the Eels embarrass Penrith which I think is a very good possibility, Luke Burt should rack up the points. He was joint leading scorer last weekend with 16 points and I think the Sharks v Dragons will be closer than many are predicting.

Re: NRL Round 2 Parramatta -6.5 @ 2.02 centrebet West Sydney derby here with Parramatta kicking the season off in style with a very good win on the road at the NZ Warriors while Penrith were abysmal in the belting they got from Newcastle. While they sould improve considering these two teams like to rise to the occasion, the fact that Penrith showed little in their loss while the ees were solid on defence, and their attack was patient and clinical, so like them to continue what new coach Kearney has provided to the team, with a simple game that has shown to be effective Raiders -7.5 @ 2.03 centrebet Canberra were very good in beating a poor Sharks side who are likely to struggle once again this year. Their forward pack has plenty of size and power so they are likely to roll over a young Broncos pack that has a couple of old heads but it is too much to assume that they can withstand time and time again this big raiders pack coming after them. Like last week, this should give the halves time to find the spaces as the line gets opened up, and like the home team to record back to back wins here

Re: NRL Round 2 Gold Coast Titans Win $2.70 @ Sportsbet 8 Units I'm not convinced with Melbourne Storm this year and at these odds Gold Coast are definitely a value bet. Melbourne came away with a smooth win over a poor Manly last week while Gold Coast played valiantly and just missed out against the Dragons. The short history between the teams shows the Titans can get a result with 3 wins to the Titans and 2 to the Storm. Melbourne were lucky to play a really poor side last week in Manly who had just over a 50% possession rate. With those kind of stats one would think the Storm would have put on more than 3 tries. Gold Coast however against the top side in the comp had excellent ball control (3/4 completed sets) and had an unlucky try conceded against them (referee incident). The start of the season has shown no game as a certainty so I'm happy to take the good odds on offer on the Titans here.

Re: NRL Round 2 Horror night for the Raiders last night. :( See if I can win some money tonight to make myself feel better. :lol NZ Warriors +6.5pts @ 1.92 (Sportsbet) NZ Warriors 1-12 @ 4.10 (Sportsbet) I like this line a lot. I think Wests are being priced up based on last years form, but everything just clicked for them last year, similar to 2005 when they won the premiership. I can't see them doing the same again this year. The Warriors are usually a very solid side, and don't often get blown away on the scoreboard. I think it will be a close game with NZ having every chance to grab a win. NQ Cowboys -5.5pts @ 1.92 (Sportsbet) Newcastle are my Wooden Spoon tip this year, and while last week made the tip look slightly foolish, I am still not convinced by them. The Cowboys managed to grind out a win against the Broncos last week, whereas the Panthers practically beat themselves. Cowboys will be playing up in the humidity of Townsville which should be difficult for Newcastle to acclimatise to. Add to that the fact that Newcastle are playing on a short turnaround while NQ have had 8 days rest. I think the Storm/Titans line is pretty well spot on so I don't think i'll touch that game. :hope

Re: NRL Round 2 Watch out for the wounded panther haha... Gus Gould is a tool but he was so right in wat he said... Anyway bad luck last night guys penrith really hooned ya's... Tonight I'm leaning: Titans 1-12 @ $4.30 Warriors 1-12 @ $4.30 Hopefully I dont lose too much on the horseys today... Haha maybe I should bet them now... GL tonight guys... :D :D :D :D :D

Re: NRL Round 2 Melbourne 1-12 @ 3.10 - Thought the Titans were good last week and unlucky against the Dragons, Storm were abit rusty only completing around 60% of their sets, Manly also had a few key injuries early in the game making their night that much easier, i still think the Titans missing alot of their work horses (Friend especially) will come up abit short against a team that is notoriously good at home and grinding out close wins. Tigers -7.5 @ 1.90 - The Tigers were very flat against the Dogs on Monday, i think they will turn up in a big way for this game, the Warriors were a few bars short of dreadful last week, they looked like the Warriors of old, going side to side with no real idea where the points were coming from, with Manu out i can't see anything but a comfortable Tigers win. Thinking overs for Cows/Knights, see when we get the line, good luck all.

Re: NRL Round 2

Watch out for the wounded panther haha... Gus Gould is a tool but he was so right in wat he said... Anyway bad luck last night guys penrith really hooned ya's... Tonight I'm leaning: Titans 1-12 @ $4.30 Warriors 1-12 @ $4.30 Hopefully I dont lose too much on the horseys today... Haha maybe I should bet them now... GL tonight guys... :D :D :D :D :D
Woooo... No need to worry about that... Just got a $41.00 pop in the first in sydney... Thanks Battle Ready... :D :D :D :D :D

Re: NRL Round 2 Storm 1-12 @ 3.10 (Sportsbet) As I said in my last post, I think the bookies have the line spot on, so expecting the Storm to win it by about 6 I will go for this winning margin. I expect the speed of Slater to be too much up the middle for an aging Titans forward pack. That being said, the Titans have more then enough to keep themselves in this game so 1-12 is what i've gone for.

Re: NRL Round 2 Parramatta -6.5 @ 2.02 :@ Raiders -7.5 @ 2.03 :( Massive form reversals from the previous week with both winners also winning by 13+ points. :spank Titans -3.5 @ 3.45 centrebet Though the Titans were a bit unlucky not to beat the Dragons last week, and they look a much more settled side here. They have most of their squad from last year, and expect them to bounce back here as they have a good record against Melbourne, having won 3 of their last 4 meetings. The Storm will be reling on the trio of Slater, Smith and Cronk quite heavily this year, and in hindsight, should have beack them last week to beat Manly as they would have been pumped after last year's turmoil to come out firing. Hard to play on emotion for 2 straight weeks, and the Storm do not have the spread of talent the Titans have. Already seen form reversals in both last nights games, and hoping we have another one here Tigers -7.5 @ 2.03 centrebet Like the Tiger to bounce back here as they were off the pace against the Bulldogs, but expect them to make up for it here, as they do like to play at Leichhardt Oval. Also expecting Marshall to produce more than he did first up, and the Warriors showed last week that they are underdone. Even though they made a late rally, they were second best for most of the game, and with several players out, their depth will be tested, as Sheens will be looking for a much better effort from this team Knights -3.5 @ 3.45 centrebet Both teams have showed that they will be looking to attack much more this year, and recorded good wins last week, with Bowen and Thurston for the Cowboys, and Mullen for the Knights, standout performers. Their respective results saw the teams they beat last week cause upsets last night, so expect both teams to throw the ball around here. Thought the Knights were much more impressive in beating a big Panthers pack, and like them to use similar tactics here, as they will run at the smaller players like Bowen and Thurston in order to tire them out. Newcastle have won 4 of the last 6 meetings so they have a good recent record against them, and if Mullen has another blinder here behind his forwards, then like the Knights to have too much for the Cowboys here

Re: NRL Round 2 Titans -3.5 @ 3.45 :( Storm were very good. Maybe they will be able to recover after all and be a top 8 side at the end of the season. Certainly if they play the way they did in the first two games Tigers -7.5 @ 2.03 :) Knights -3.5 @ 3.45 :)

Re: NRL Round 2 Melbourne 1-12 @ 3.10 :$ Melbourne turned up in a big way and the Titans just rolled over, shocking performance. Tigers -7.5 @ 1.90 :D Easily the worst game of the year but Tigers did enough. Cows/Knights Over 48.5 @ 1.90 :D Cows look to be in for another long year. Dogs -6.5 @ 2.25 - Dogs looked the goods last week, if they can come out with that kind of enthusiam again i can see them rolling the Bunnies. Roosters 13+ @ 2.20 - Manly will be missing a host of players for this one, Roosters will play Carney and should really make this a long afternoon for Manly.

Re: NRL Round 2 Agree with the tips Bulldogs -6.5 @ 2.07 centrebet The Bulldogs tend to keep it simple and it is effective, as they do not make the same amount of mistakes other teams do, like the Rabbitohs, who can produce some magic, then have a shocker to follow. They were awful in the first half but then came back in the second. Hard to trust them when they play like this, so go with the Bulldogs who have a good record against the Rabbitohs, winning 6 of the last 8 games, while also beating them 8 of 10 games held at ANZ Stadium. Roosters -12.5 @ 2.00 centrebet Sure to be plenty of feeling in this game from last year's spiteful encounter, but looking at last weeks games, the Roosters had a great first half and then relaxed to allow the Rabbitohs back in the game, while the Sea Eagles were awful against the Storm. Though teams have reversed their form in this round, the Sea Eagles do have some more injuries to contend with which makes them weaker and harder to see them topple the Roosters who will be looking to be much more clinical in putting teams away. Doubt that coach Smith will allow them to give Manly here a second chance.

Re: NRL Round 2 Dogs -6.5 @ 2.25 :D Never in doubt...after Ryan went in with 15 seconds remaining :tongue2. Roosters 13+ @ 2.20 :$ Manly turned up for this one and the Roosters were still stuck in the second half of last weeks game.