** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

USA - MLS 2011 Thread

Bagzi

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread

Friday 30 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Philadelphia Union v DC United (01:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.75 101.53 %
Saturday 1 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Houston Dynamo v Chicago Fire (21:00 BST) 1.91 3.4 4.45 104.24 %
Sunday 2 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif New England Revolution v Seattle Sounders (00:30 BST) 3.24 3.2 2.25 106.56 %
maximize.gif Colorado Rapids v FC Dallas (02:00 BST) 2.23 3.2 3.5 104.66 %
maximize.gif Los Angeles Galaxy v Real Salt Lake (03:30 BST) 1.77 3.4 4.5 108.13 %
maximize.gif San Jose Earthquakes v Sporting Kansas City (03:30 BST) 2.44 3.2 2.8 107.95 %
maximize.gif Columbus Crew v DC United (21:00 BST) 2.23 3.2 3.2 107.34 %
maximize.gif Vancouver Whitecaps v Portland Timbers (21:30 BST) 2.48 3.2 2.75 107.94 %
Monday 3 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Chivas USA v Philadelphia Union (01:00 BST) 2.53 3.2 3 104.11 %

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday 7 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Vancouver Whitecaps v Real Salt Lake (02:30 BST) 3.8 3.45 2.2 100.76 %
Sunday 9 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif New England Revolution v San Jose Earthquakes (00:30 BST) 2.36 3.4 3.2 103.03 %
maximize.gif Seattle Sounders v Philadelphia Union (03:00 BST) 1.9 3.45 4.5 103.59 %

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Vancouver - Salt Lake = under (1.75) Eurobet Vancouver (West) position 9° points 22 Salt Lake (West) position 3° points 51 Preview: Vancouver: Suspended: Hassli (striker 23/10); in doubt: John Thorrington (midfielder 7 / 0); injured: Atiba Harris (forward 5 / 2), Jonathan Leathers (defender 22 / 0), Brian Sylvestre (goalkeeper 0 / 0), Russell Teibert (midfielder 11 / 0). Salt Lake: Suspended: Fabian Espindola (striker 25/10); injured: Tony Beltran (defender 22 / 0), Kyle Reynish (goalkeeper 1 / 0), Nelson Gonzalez (midfielder 6 / 1); in doubt: Javier Morales (midfielder 7 / 2), Robbie Russell (defender 23 / 0), Nick Rimando (range 30 / 0); absent due to national commitments: Kyle Beckerman (midfielder 29 / 3), Alvaro Sabor (striker 21/10), Jean Alexandre (midfielder 18 / 1), Arturo Alvarez (striker 15 / 0), Will Johnson (midfielder 24 / 2) . Vancouver has a score in the house w4-d5-l5 goals scored 18 goals against 21 while Salt Lake has a score out of the house w5-d3-l7 goals scored 15 goals against 18. The home team is significantly lower scores and quality of individual players. But both teams have problems in training for the many absences so I think a game with few actions to goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Vancouver +0.25 @ 2.17 ?!?! Under 2.5 @ 1.84 ?!?! Is this for real?! Does the market not realize that Vancouver is missing their top goalscorer and RSL is missing 5 out of 6 of their best players ?? HUGE value on the bets above IMO ..

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday 22 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Toronto FC v New England Revolution (17:30 BST) 2.1 3.5 4.1 100.58 %
Sunday 23 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Vancouver Whitecaps v Colorado Rapids (00:00 BST) 3 3.35 2.7 100.22 %
maximize.gif DC United v Sporting Kansas City (00:30 BST) 2.78 3.5 2.8 100.26 %
maximize.gif Chicago Fire v Columbus Crew (01:30 BST) 2.44 3.3 3.2 102.54 %
maximize.gif Real Salt Lake v Portland Timbers (02:00 BST) 1.61 3.95 6.8 101.93 %
maximize.gif Chivas USA v Seattle Sounders (03:30 BST) 2.75 3.3 2.74 103.16 %
maximize.gif San Jose Earthquakes v FC Dallas (03:30 BST) 2.92 3.3 2.51 104.39 %
Monday 24 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Houston Dynamo v Los Angeles Galaxy (00:00 BST) 2.3 3.3 3.35 103.63 %

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Colorado -v- Columbus Crew I personally think the odds for Colorado are too low, and therefore I think Columbus Crew +0.5 AH / lay of Colorado @ evens with betfair is a good value bet. Colorado Rapids are missing their captain and midfielder Mastreoni through concussion, and Conor Casey, their best goalscoring striker. In Mendoza and Renteria, the Crew have two good goalscorers, and therefore are going to cause problems. All in all, this being a one off playoff game, and with both teams being fairly evenly matched in ability, I don't believe the home advantage is strong enough reason to leave Colorado evens to win this game. So my advice is to take a small punt on the line above.

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread RSL vs. Seattle Sounders Tough game to call. RSL is finally back to full fitness and will be able to field their best 11 for the first time since May. Seattle is nearly fully fit but they have 1 key "missing" .. their playmaker Mauro Rosales was injured in the last game of the regular season and didn't even make the trip to Salt Lake, preferring to stay home to try and regain fitness for the 2nd leg in midweek. So considering it's been a while since RSL's starters have played together and Seattle is missing the player that makes everything click, my play has to be Under 2.5 goals @ 1.75 (Expekt).

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Colorado Rapids -v- Sporting Kansas Once again, Colorado are short of two key players - Connor Casey their main goalscorer and their captain in midfield Mastroeni, although he could feature. But once again, I should stress that Colorado's odds @ 2.4 are very over-priced. Colorado are a good defensive unit, and are playing at home tonight. However, they are very lucky to be at this quarter final stage of the MLS playoffs. On the other hand, there is Kansas who are a very good attacking team, and the team I follow most in the MLS. They have five great attacking threats; their best player and highly capped Mexican striker/winger Omar Bravo, a young US striker who has been recently capped; Teal Bunbury, Kei Kamara, Graham Zusi and Charles Sapong. Now not all of these will start, but Kansas like to play with three of these players at the very least, and they all provide great attacking threat. Kansas come into this game high on confidence, without any injuries, very capable of scoring, unbeaten against Colorado this year, and basking in the knowledge that if they take some sort of result back to Kansas, they will have a great chance to see the two legged tie through with their excellent home record in their brand new stadium. It therefore makes perfect sense to lay Colorado Rapids @ 2.3 with betfair and/or back Kansas AH +0.5 at something like 1.7 elsewhere. I just don't see Kansas losing this game.

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread 2-0 to Kansas, Colorado down to 10 men. 30 mins left and Colorado have no more subs either!! They've lost Kimura and Folan to injury. Unless some sort of Halloween apocalypse occurs, this bet has won! :nana Hope some people followed me.

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Thinking about going for a draw for Kansas - Rapids game, as well as Kansas returns home with a comfortable lead and Rapids wouldn't want to lose again and a -1.5 win for the regular season's mighty Seattle who took a shock defeat on road against Salt Lake and still believe in qualification with their amazing home performance in regular season. Comments would be appreciated, help me please :)

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Great write up MaierhofersNeck. I was on SKC and I'll be backing them again tonight for many of the reasons you stated. That and the fact that Colorado will be without 7/11 starters. I grabbed KC early @ 1.97 but I believe that there is still plenty of value at 1.90 .. Also laying Seattle @ 2.00 on Betfair. Mad at myself not getting on this earlier cause RSL +0.5 was as high as 2.20. However, with the confirmation that Rosales will be out again and the RSL front 6 picking up right where they left off when they last played together (dominating a Rosales-less Seattle midfield for 90 minutes over the weekend) I'd price Seattle up closer to 2.20 then evens, which makes them an easy lay for me.

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Thanks Lennon. Tonight I would be somewhat confident of Kansas winning. It's always hard to know with play-off games, especially when Kansas have done all the hard work in the first and away leg. They have a great record at their new home ground, and I don't see them losing. But it is hard to know how willing they will be to go out and win the match. They could as easily play out a draw to see themselves through. I'm more confident in the fact that Colorado are a poor goal-scoring team, and as such I've decided to lay Colorado @ 4.9 with betfair, which is effectively a 1.25 odds bet on Kansas/Draw double chance bet. Alternatively a Kansas Draw No Bet @ 1.4 with betfair is also a good bet. At the end of the day, Kansas are a good attacking side and will more than likely go out to score goals, rather than playing out a boring 0-0. Kansas should win, given the paper stats going into this game. But we the punters can never be certain of the manager's approach to the game or even the player's mindset. Thus I believe a bit of caution should be taken towards this game and either DNB or double chance of Kansas are best betting options. Good luck. :ok

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread over 3.5 , 3.50 at sportingbet , 10units Real Salt Lake won 3:0 athome in the first leg. Now Seattle need to show what they can do because they need to score at least 4 times in order to progress to the next round. If there is a team in MLS that can overcome a 3:0 defeat that is Seattle. They are playing crazy offensive football at home and it is not rare to see 4+ goals when they are hosts. Today they will need to be efficient because Real Salt Lake will not allow them a lot of chances to score , but they should be able to create at least 8 good chances on this game. Also Real Salt Lake will not just sit back and try to clear the ball , they will look for any chance to counter and score at least one goal in order to cement their place in the next round. Also with that amount of aggressiveness from both sides don't be surprised to see at least one red card. My guess here is a 3:2 or 4:2 home win. Injured players for Seattle : OUT - GK Terry Boss (concussion); MF Michael Seamon (lateral ankle tendon); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); FW O’Brian White (leg surgery); DOUBTFUL - GK Josh Ford (knee pain); QUESTIONABLE - MF Mauro Rosales (MCL sprain); PROBABLE: MF Amadou Sanyang (knee sprain). Injured players for Salt Lake : OUT - MF Nelson González (R foot fracture); DOUBTFUL - GK Kyle Reynish (R ankle bone spur); FW Cody Arnoux (L hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE - DF Jamison Olave (R quadriceps strain), DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain).

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Houston Dynamo vs Philadelphia Union Funny thing that, when these two sides have met, the home team never won. This is the second leg as in the first leg, Houston won 2-1. So Union will need to search for goals asap. But I think we will see a change in the tradition as Dynamo was very good at home in the regular season: 10 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats only 10 goals conceded and 32 scored. Good I should say. Union were poor away with 4 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats. I expect home side to win! home -0.25 AH @ 1.95 with 188bet LA Galaxy vs New York Home side has the supremacy this season and the bringing of Beckham shows the value now. They are looking very good and very compact side. They won the Western Conference with great style, and at home were very good with 12 wins and 5 draws.New York came after the Play Off. Away they are strong with 10 draws and just 5 defeats and 2 wins.Expect away side to lose the match. home win @ 1.83 with >William Hill

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread Value is clearly on RSL. LA was 1.87 to win vs. NY and now they're 1.6 vs. RSL ?! LOL. I love RSL +1 @ 1.8. There really isn't that much between the two teams .. and even if LA do go in front, I don't expect them to push too hard for a 2nd .. they're just not that kind of team. Should be a great game, don't be surprised if RSL wins this in regulation time ..

• 2 weeks later...

Re: USA - MLS 2011 Thread LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo Normally LA should win this match, but being the final I insist on a draw as a respect for what the guests have done in all this tournament. They were good and mainly in the Play Off. They have just 2 draws in last 9 games. LA were also good, except the 2 defeats to New York and to ... Houston Dynamo. Two evenly teams here. draw @ 4.00 with >Victor Chandler