** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011

Odds avaliable from BWIN. Time not on my side for lots of preview and will be brief for today. All Stars v New Edubiase Home side will make the best of their home grounds in Wa and will want to present the president of the Ghana FA Kwasi Nyantakyi who is also the owner of All Stars a gift for his election into CAF executive commiittee. A narrow win for the home side is available @ 2.25 Ashanti Kotoko v Aduana Stars Kotoko will like to add to the misery of Aduana as the fans of Aduana are not happy with coach Herbert Addo. Kotoko will want to win this game before playing Hearts of Oak next week in Ghanas version of el classico. With developments in aduana not being the best this should be the right time for Kotoko to beat Aduana. Home win for me @ 1.78 Ashanti Gold v Real Tamale United RTU are gradually climbing up the league ladder but travelling to face AshGold in Obuasi is a very difficult task. I will go for under 2.5 goals in this game as Ashgold rarely concede at home and they are not that deadly in attack. Most prbable score will be 1-0 or 0-0. Under 2.5 @ 1.40 my call and will do a double of it with Heat of Lions to beat Arsenal. Heart of Lions v Berekum Arsenals Lions had a big whopping away in Tamale last 2 weeks but playing at their favourite Kpando stadium i expect them to bounce back from their defeat and take home all 3 points. Arsenals are finding things difficult in the second round are they arent too good on the road. Home win @ 1.70 my call here. Bechem Chelsea v Kessben First in the league meets second. The odds offered for both teams to score is very valuable to me as these two teams are attack minded as that is the philosophy of their coaches Orlando Wellinton and Bashiru Hayford respectively. Odds available at 2.55. My main bets are Kotoko to win Heart of Lions to win Heart of Lions + under 2.5 AshGold v RTU Both team to score in Chelsea v Kessben

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD All Stars v New Edubiase Home side will make the best of their home grounds in Wa and will want to present the president of the Ghana FA Kwasi Nyantakyi who is also the owner of All Stars a gift for his election into CAF executive commiittee. A narrow win for the home side is available @ 2.25 FT 2-0 :nana Ashanti Kotoko v Aduana Stars Kotoko will like to add to the misery of Aduana as the fans of Aduana are not happy with coach Herbert Addo. Kotoko will want to win this game before playing Hearts of Oak next week in Ghanas version of el classico. With developments in aduana not being the best this should be the right time for Kotoko to beat Aduana. Home win for me @ 1.78 FT 3-0:nana Ashanti Gold v Real Tamale United RTU are gradually climbing up the league ladder but travelling to face AshGold in Obuasi is a very difficult task. I will go for under 2.5 goals in this game as Ashgold rarely concede at home and they are not that deadly in attack. Most prbable score will be 1-0 or 0-0. Under 2.5 @ 1.40 my call and will do a double of it with Heat of Lions to beat Arsenal. FT 2-0 WON Heart of Lions v Berekum Arsenals Lions had a big whopping away in Tamale last 2 weeks but playing at their favourite Kpando stadium i expect them to bounce back from their defeat and take home all 3 points. Arsenals are finding things difficult in the second round are they arent too good on the road. Home win @ 1.70 my call here. FT 2-0:nana Bechem Chelsea v Kessben First in the league meets second. The odds offered for both teams to score is very valuable to me as these two teams are attack minded as that is the philosophy of their coaches Orlando Wellinton and Bashiru Hayford respectively. Odds available at 2.55. FT 1-0:@ My main bets are Kotoko to win:nana Heart of Lions to win:nana Heart of Lions + under 2.5 AshGold v RTU WON Both team to score in Chelsea v Kessben:@

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011 Medeama v Heart of Lions Medeama lying second on the league log entertain Lions at their favourite Tarkwa stadium. Lions are a typical home team and quite poor when they play away games. Bot teams have no important losses but Medeama possess much more fire power with the likes of Louis Agyemang and Larbi Koomson and taking into account the poor away form of Lions i expect Medeama to come out tops. PICK: Medeama @ 1.67 BWIN 2/10 FT 1-1:spank Real Tamale United v Mighty Jets RTU the pride of the north are also a typical home team. Both teams lie in the relegation zone but Jets are 3 points ahead of RTU. If RTU want to survive the league then these are games they should be winning and with their home form in recent times, Jets shouldn’t be a problem for them. Tamale is a difficult ground to play even for the best teams in Ghana and with Jets having to travel all the way from the south up north to face wounded RTU, we can only expect a victory for the home side. PICK: RTU @ 1.91 BWIN 3/10 FT 1-0:nana My thought on other games New Edubiase v Dwarfs under 2.5 goals @ 1.40 FT 0-0 Aduana Stars v All Stars under 2.5 goals @ 1.30 FT 1-0 Double of unders @ 1.82 BWIN :nana

• 3 weeks later...

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011 Wa All Stars v Hearts of Oak All Stars are a typical home team where they pick up most of their points. They face one of the traditional giants who are struggling this season. For this game All stars will be without their head coach Maxwell Konadu who is the assistant coach of the national U23 team. Konadu has been in the camp of the national u23 team throughout the break preparing them for the Olympic qualifiers and is currently in Sudan. They will also miss the services of key defenders Adnan Saed and Seidu Shaibu who have also been in the camp of the national u20 team throughout the break and have left for Kenya to prepare for the CAF u20 championship. Hearts will also miss the services of key striker Mahatma Otoo and key defender Karim Alhassan who is also the captain of the side as they are also with the U20 national team, however, Hearts have been motivated by the signing of ex Ghana international and former Heart of Midlothian midfielder Larry Kingston who signed for the club this week. He will play for the rest of the season to keep in shape before moving to Europe over the summer. In a trial match this week he scored 2 goals in a 4-0 win and his presence is seen by most of the players as a booster as Hearts seek to move up the table from their bad position which doesn’t befit their status. The odds presented on away win are valuable to me considering the impact of missing staff of All Stars as compared to Hearts. PICK 1: Hearts win or draw @ 1.91 BWIN 2/10 PICK 2: Hearts win @ 4.40 1/10 FT 1-0:@ Liberty Professionals v RTU Liberty will welcome RTU to their Dansoman base and will be looking to collect the maximum points at stake. Both teams have no players missing this game, however, RTU don’t travel well and are most certain to lose this game. The break will have afforded them enough rest and enough time to make the journey all the way from the north to play Liberty in the south. Liberty will want to win this game so as to climb the table from the uncomfortable position they find themselves. Though RTU will give them a difficult game, Liberty have the men and quality to scale through. PICK: Liberty win @ 1.80 BWIN 2/10 FT 2-0:clap Ebusua Dwarfs v Aduana Stars Whenever we see Aduana, we see under written all over them. In midweek they managed a 2-2 draw game with Kotoko in the FA cup. However, in this match i don’t think we will see more than 2 goals. Dwarfs miss the services of their best player this season in keeper Adade Foli who is with the national U20 team as well defender Rashid Sumaila. They are a very compact team and very good when they play at home. Aduana are also a defensive unit and i don’t expect any of the sides to score more than a goal each as both sides dont possess quality strikers. The under is available at 1.40 and i will have a combo play with this. Ashanti Gold v Heart of Lions Another game which has 1-0 and 0-0 looking as the most probable score line. AshGold won against ES Sahel 2-1 in the confederation cup last week but were eliminated because they lot 0-3 in the first leg. In the Ghana league however, they don’t usually concede goals at their home grounds and also find difficulty in scoring. Most of their games end 1-0. Lions are also a good team but will miss the services of their dependable goalkeeper Joseph Addo who is with the u23 national team in Sudan as well as their playmaker Gladson Awako also with the national u23 side. To me the under in this game is a cert and AshGold have the edge over Lions so i expect them to come out tops. PICK 1: Double of under 2.5 in Dwarfs game + AshGolds game @ 1.82 BWIN 2/10 :nana PICK 2: AshGold to win @ 1.90 BWIN 2/10 :nana FT AshGold 2 Lions 0 Dwarfs 1 Aduana 0 My thought on other matches Ashante Kotoko v King Faisal This is a local derby and Fiasal have always been a bogey team for Kotoko. Kotoko are an attacking side and Fiasal will respond if Kotoko score. Goals very likely and my choice here is Over 2.5 @ 2.40 FT 2-1 Berekum Chelsea v New Edubiase Chelsea are the league leaders with a 12 point lead. They will miss the services of their coach and 4 other players on national duty. Value lies in the away team and a double chance of Edubiase is available @ 3.50 and looks very juicy.FT 3-0 B A Stars v Medeama Bottom placed team B A Stars managed to beat league leaders 2-0 in their last game and i wouldn’t be surprised to see them pulling this feat against 2nd placed team Medeama. Medeama will miss the services of 2 key strikers in Larbi Koomson and Kabiru Imoro who are with the national u23 team in Sudan. Home win of 2.65 wouldnt be a surprise at all to me. FT 0-0

• 2 weeks later...

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011 Ghana Premeir League 20 April I will be brief as I am in class Aduana Stars v Bechem Chelsea I have talked a lot about the way Aduana play, very defensive and dont score much. They average a goal per game and hardly concede when they play at home. Chelsea are the league leaders with a comfortable lead. This match wouldnt see more than 2 goals if any and fair odds for any Aduana home game should be at most 1.30. I will take the under of 1.34 available for a double. Heart of Lions v Mighty Jets Lions have intentions of playing in the top 4 and are a very strong home team. They have their players who missed their 0-2 defeat to Ashgold back in camp and should start todays game. Mighty Jets are fighting against the drop and they are poor travellers. Both teams need the points at stake and Lions will want to pick points after their 0-2 loss in their last game. The 1.48 offered is good as i expected about 1.40 max for home win. PICK: Double of Heart of Lions + under 2.5 = 1.98 @ BWIN 3/10 Hearts of Oak v Ebusua Dwarfs Hearts being the traditional giants are in dire situation and desperately need to pick up points to escape the drop. They are still struggling to secure the ITC of ex international Larry Kingston who signed for them to revive their fortunes. The club has applied for a provisional ITC to be released to enable Larry feature. Being the traditional club they are and their strong following, the fans will push them for a victory. Dwarfs also miss the services of their best player this season in goalkeeper Adade Folley who is with the national u20 team in South Africa as well as 2 defenders. Hearts of Oak should edge this one. PICK: Hearts of Oak @ 1.91 BWIN 2/10 Thought on other games King Faisal v Wa All Stars Both teams in need of points but Faisal needs it desperately and will ensure they captalise on their home advantage. Home win @ 1.80 acceptable and both yeams to score NO @ 1.48 good for combos as it looks like a 1-0, 2-0 game. Medeama v Ashanti Gold I can see both teams scoring and the likelihood of the game going over. Both to score is available @ 2.85 and over 2.5 @ 3.00 Good Luck:D

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011 Aduana Stars v Bechem Chelsea I have talked a lot about the way Aduana play, very defensive and dont score much. They average a goal per game and hardly concede when they play at home. Chelsea are the league leaders with a comfortable lead. This match wouldnt see more than 2 goals if any and fair odds for any Aduana home game should be at most 1.30. I will take the under of 1.34 available for a double. FT 1-0 Heart of Lions v Mighty Jets Lions have intentions of playing in the top 4 and are a very strong home team. They have their players who missed their 0-2 defeat to Ashgold back in camp and should start todays game. Mighty Jets are fighting against the drop and they are poor travellers. Both teams need the points at stake and Lions will want to pick points after their 0-2 loss in their last game. The 1.48 offered is good as i expected about 1.40 max for home win. FT 0-0 PICK: Double of Heart of Lions + under 2.5 = 1.98 @ BWIN 3/10:wall:wall Hearts of Oak v Ebusua Dwarfs Hearts being the traditional giants are in dire situation and desperately need to pick up points to escape the drop. They are still struggling to secure the ITC of ex international Larry Kingston who signed for them to revive their fortunes. The club has applied for a provisional ITC to be released to enable Larry feature. Being the traditional club they are and their strong following, the fans will push them for a victory. Dwarfs also miss the services of their best player this season in goalkeeper Adade Folley who is with the national u20 team in South Africa as well as 2 defenders. Hearts of Oak should edge this one. FT 1-0 PICK: Hearts of Oak @ 1.91 BWIN 2/10 :nana:nana:nana Thought on other games King Faisal v Wa All Stars Both teams in need of points but Faisal needs it desperately and will ensure they captalise on their home advantage. Home win @ 1.80 acceptable and both yeams to score NO @ 1.48 good for combos as it looks like a 1-0, 2-0 game. FT 1-3 Medeama v Ashanti Gold I can see both teams scoring and the likelihood of the game going over. Both to score is available @ 2.85 and over 2.5 @ 3.00 FT 1-1

• 4 weeks later...

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011 Berekum Chelsea v Real Tamale United League leaders Chelsea will definitely secure the title if they win todays home game against relegation threatened RTU. Chelsea lead the log with 11 points and with Kotoko and AshGold breathing down their necks, its important they grab max points today as its obvious their away form has been abysmal this second round. They miss striker Bismark Idan who is injured but they still have their topscorer Emmanuel Clottey who is second on the national goal king chart and Banahene. RTU lie 14th with 29 points and fighting to escape relegation. Their task looks difficult as Chelsea will want to secure the title, and at the Golden City Park in Berekum, I expect Chelsea to carry the day and win easily. Home win is available @ 1.31 FT 1-0 Liberty Professionals v Mighty Jets Both teams do not need to slip as it will have an effect on their standings. Liberty have 37 points and lie 7th whereas Jets have 28 points and lie 15th. Both teams will have the full compliment of their squad but Liberty with the likes of Helegbe have much more quality than Jets and should win to further push Jets to relegation. Home win available @ 1.40 FT 0-1 PICK: Double of Chelsea + Liberty @ 1.83 Bwin 2/10 :puke Ebusua Dwarfs v Berekum Arsenals Dwarfs lie 8th with 35 points, 3 points ahead of Arsenals who lie 12th with 32 points. Dwarfs lost 0-4 to RTU in their last league game away from home. It was expected that they were going to lose but not by that margin. In these final games, teams needing points are most likely to get them at home and Dwarfs are a good home team and should beat Arsenals at the Cape Coast stadium. They have all their players in camp likewise Arsenals. PICK: Ebusua Dwarfs @ 1.60 Bwin 2/10 FT 5-0:drums All Stars v Heart of Lions The explanation for the Dwarfs and Arsenal game also applies here. Both teams need points to boost their standings. All Stars get most of their points at home and Lions are blowing hot and cold. This should be a narrow home win. PICK: Wa All Stars @ 1.70 Bwin 2/10 FT 1-2 :spank B A Stars v King Faisal B A Stars are relegated and have nothing to play for except pride. King Faisal lie just 1 point above the drop zone and will want to win this game at least for security as the club immediately below them is RTU who have a difficult game away to leaders Chelsea. BA Stars are no pushovers at their home turf but i doubt they will be putting much effort into this game. Faisal desperately need the points and should be able to secure it. PICK: King Faisal @ 2.50 Bwin 2/10 FT 0-1:cow:cheers Other games and just thoughts Kotoko v Ashanti Gold Battle between 2nd and 3rd placed teams who have the same points of 42. Encounters between them are very close. Kotoko have a slight edge over Ashgold due to their strikers who are deadly, but the defence isn’t the best. Ashgold don’t score much and quite defensive. Kotoko should edge this one which is available @ 1.60 FT 0-0 New Edubiase v Hearts of Oak Its a season traditional giants Hearts will want to forget. They are still not safe yet and need points. New Edubiase are some how safe but want to play in the top 4 competition at the end of the season. They currently lie 4th same points with Medeama who have a difficult match away to Aduana. Both clubs have good relations and though Edubiase are favourites, an away victory wouldn’t surprise me or a drawn game. Away is available @ 7.50 and double chance which is valuable @ 2.45 FT 0-2:dude Aduana Stars v Medeama Another though tie. Aduana are conceding goals lately and Medeama are one of the best attacking sides and I expect both teams to score. Both teams to score is available @ 2.45 FT 1-0

Re: GHANA LEAGUE THREAD 2011 Berekum Arsenal v Bechem Chelsea This is a local derby as both teams use the Golden City Park in Berekum. Chelsea have already been crowned champions and have nothing to play for in this game. Arsenal are currently fighting relegation with 3 games to the end of season. Last week they were destroyed by Dwarfs by 5-0. Last season teams from the Brong Ahafo region (Aduana Stars, Berekum Arsenal and Chelsea) were seen as doing favours for themselves which saw Aduana Stars winning the league title and breaking the duopoly title winning of the traditional giants Hearts of oak and Ashante Kotoko. This season Chelsea have also won the title and am sure the purported Brong Ahafo confederation as been stated by fans will continue. Mighty Jets surprisingly managed a 2-0 win over Kotoko yesterday and am sure Chelsea will like to favour their city team as they have nothing to play. It must be noted that Arsenal allowed Chelsea to share their home ground with them so its time to repay Arsenals who desperately need points. PICK: Berekum Arsenal @ 2.05 Bwin 3/10 FT 4-3 :dude Real Tamale United v B A Stars B A stars are already relegated and travel all the way up north to face the pride of the north RTU. RTU have been in this position continuously for some years now always fighting and escaping relegation. They are a strong home team and very poor on the road. It looks like they wont escape this season but they wouldn’t do it without a fight as they can still escape relegation if they win their games and expect the other strugglers to drop points. RTU home win is a banker @ 1.31 which is good for sure combos but am more interested in the total goals. The over 2.5 goals look valuable to me. Am certain BA Stars wont score but am expecting at least 3-0 win for RTU. Its tiring travelling up north and Dwarfs were giving a 4-0 thrashing in their last home game. RTU lost controversially last week to Chelsea conceding a late penalty in the 88min which enabled Chelsea secure the league title. Another thrashing can be expected. PICK: Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.75 Bwin 2/10 FT 3-0 :beer Hearts of Oak v Aduana Stars This is a bet against Aduana Stars as there is total chaos in their camp. Last week in their home match against Medeama they were leading 1-0 and coach Herbert Addo was about to effect a substitution and their CEO Kofi Manu who was then in the stands, bizarrely entered the inner perimeter and stopped the substitution. This didn’t go down well with coach Addo so he left the dug out and went to the dressing room. He later returned to his technical area after some management members pleaded with him. Their star player Bernard Don Bortey who is known for all the controversies was also in the news as usual. He owed a taxi driver 150 Ghana cedis (75 euros) and the taxi driver and some friends came to stadium before the start of their game and gave him a good beating. Aduana are already safe and have been poor in their away games. Hearts of Oak who were struggling are now breathing life after their 2-0 away win in Edubiase. I see a 1-0, 2-0 home win for the Phobians. PICK: Hearts of Oak @ 1.80 Bwin 2/10 FT 1-0:nana These are other games and thoughts Ashanti Gold v Wa All Stars All Stars surprisingly lost at home to Lions last week and now have to fight relegation. AshGold will take 2nd place if they win after Kotoko lost yesterday. The 2nd slot is not of any relevance as its the 1st placed team who plays in CAF champions league and the FA cup winner plays CAF confederation cup. The only motivation for the first four best placed teams is the off season top 4 competition. Wont be surprised with a 0-0 or and away win. All Stars double chance is 2.95 and away win is 13.5 FT 0-0:clap Heart of Lions v Dwarfs This looks like a home win as Dwarfs are safe and don’t fare well away. Home win for me @ 1.70 FT 1-0:D King Faisal v New Edubiase After Mighty Jets victory yesterday, i expect all relegation threatened teams to win and as such i expect King Faisal to win @ 1.95 FT 3-0:drums Medeama v Liberty Professionals Medeama are the most overish team in the league. I expect both teams to score @ 2.60 and over 2.5 @ 2.75 FT 2-1:drums Nice weekend. See you next round:cheers:cheers:gimme