** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March

Both to score and over should be played high' date='I guess.[/quote'] Don't know how one players wife dying can be used for betting logic? Clutching at straws methinks, don't think you can make a logical argument as to whether it will 'motivate' them or not, could go either way for me and don't see it as something that can be used. This is as hard a card as I can remember in the Europa, I love a good bet on it but nothing jumps out tbh, Kiev on a handicap looks solid but I wouldn't like to predict how Man City will play this one, Kiev look a good side though and will take some beating in the comp.. Might have a dabble on the corners market as DD suggests, I have watched PSV a bit this season and they are being very much talked up imo, they haven't looked so good since xmas and certainly haven't been scoring so freely, there seems to be a bit of value in Rangers tonight but I'm not betting on a Scottish side in Europe. Rangers will prob see a set piece as their best route to a goal, and I can't see either team sitting back too much, over 10AH looks as good a bet as any tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Been a while so apologies if my posting style isnt up to scratch. Just the one bet for me tonight and that is ZENITH. I fully belive that Zenith is well able to qualify from this despite the 0-3 deficit. Odds on them to qualify vary from 9.0 at William hill and skybet to 8.6 on Betfair but even at this stage, if you put an unmatched bet in, Im sure you could get 9.0-9.2 as there has been money already matched. However to qualify from this, Zenith will need to win by 3-0 and hope for no away goal by the dutch and even then they will have to go on and score again or else they may need to score 5. Its a big ask of them as the away goal would be crucial. I've looked at the handicaps and VC Bet offer Zenith (-3) at 11.0 which allows for a 4 goal cushion, i.e a 3 goal win would result in a handicap draw therefore a loser so for me at this early stage and with the thoughts of Twente possibly scoring at some stage, I was a little unsure of where the value lay as the possibilities are endless so I've decided to go for Zenith -3 with VC bet and place a waiting bet with betfair @ 9.0 and hope it gets matched. now for the reality check... Zenith St Petersburg (-3) EH @ 11.0 VC bet Zenith St Petersburg to qualify @ 9.2 Betfair (matched since I was writing this) both 0.5 unit each (1 unit repersent 1% of total bank)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Liverpool v Braga Liverpools home record this season in the competition is W5 D1 L0. They are seeing a bit of form of recent and Dirk Kuyt has banged in four goals at Anfield in his last two. Tonight may see the start of Andy Caroll who could cause the Braga defence a lot of problems with his strength and physicality. Braga return to England for the second time this season having been spanked by the Gunners 6-0 in the CL. Yes they hold an advantage, but its slim pickings and was thanks to a penalty. I can only see one winner tonight with Liverpools whole season hinging on a win, its all or nothing for them this evening. With a one nil to overturn there going to need to two goals to win so my feelings are a AH-1 or a win to nil. On St Patricks day anything but a drunken display for the Scousers should see them through. Liverpool AH -1 5pts @ 1.70 A few multipliers for fun read as follows: Purely for the away odds PSV Ajax Benfica 1 pt @ 15/1 Spartak Moscow v Ajax Over 2.5 goals Man City v Dynamo Kiev Over 2.5 goals Porto v CSKA Moscow Under 2.5 goals Zenit v Twente Over 2.5 goals 1 pt @ 10/1

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Zenit v Twente As in first leg, i'm waiting for a match with many goals here. First of all, first leg ended with a result of 3-0 for Twente, so, Zenit needs to attack. in the russian team will return both strikers Kerzhakov ( 26+2 14goals last season) and Bukharov ( 11+1 4goals last season), that surely are a great boost in attack to try to make at least three goals. But - at the same time - Zenit lost first goalkeeper Malafeev that will not play after that his wife died in a car accident. Twente has a great advantage, but i think that also for them will be possibility to score at least one goal with first goalkeeper absence in home team, and the great spaces that russian leave staying for most part of match in attack trying to score, so there is a good possibility that both teams will score.

Don't know how one players wife dying can be used for betting logic? Clutching at straws methinks, don't think you can make a logical argument as to whether it will 'motivate' them or not, could go either way for me and don't see it as something that can be used. This is as hard a card as I can remember in the Europa, I love a good bet on it but nothing jumps out tbh, Kiev on a handicap looks solid but I wouldn't like to predict how Man City will play this one, Kiev look a good side though and will take some beating in the comp.. Might have a dabble on the corners market as DD suggests, I have watched PSV a bit this season and they are being very much talked up imo, they haven't looked so good since xmas and certainly haven't been scoring so freely, there seems to be a bit of value in Rangers tonight but I'm not betting on a Scottish side in Europe. Rangers will prob see a set piece as their best route to a goal, and I can't see either team sitting back too much, over 10AH looks as good a bet as any tonight.
I already backed those two bets before but with first goalkeeper out,I am even more convinced of my bet.A second goalie always brings some weakeness.St.Petersburg have to attack and Twente will score at least once to make it impossible for zenit to achieve the next round.Probabaly Zenit will win 2-1 or 3-1,after Twente has scored and when they are relaxed to be in the next round and let their opponents win.

them or not, could go either way for me and don't see it as something that can be used. .
Yes you can.Win to support Malafeev,Win in memory to his wife...Fans will support both-team and Malafeev.Zenit looked stronger in 1st leg anyway despite losing 3-0.Today they will teach Twente a lesson.Bukharov and Kerzhakov should be fit for today's clash. Zenit win @1.57 large Zenit -1.5AH @2.60 medium Zenit to qualify @8.00 small GL R.I.P Marina

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Spartak Moscow v Ajax It is difficult for all teams play on Spartak's artifical fields, also for weather conditions and for this match Ajax will be forced to attack to gain next round with, at the same time, a difficult situation in defence. Infact both first and second goalkeeper are out. First choice Stekelenburg injuried in training, while second Vermeer remain injuried. i can see open game over 2.5 goals

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Zenit lost 0-3 first leg. Everyone say they were better side but not once it was prouved that beeing the best, attacking all time, missing huge chances will see you after 90 min with victory in pocket. Ayaks - Spartak Moskva 0-1: It was one way traffik, shoots on goal, corners, possesion but at the end who won? SPARTAK because football is football and all the missing opportunitiess turn against you at the end. I bet on Spartak @ 6.25, odds represented huge value and Dmitri Kombarov to score (think he will do it tonight because more spaces will be given by Ayaks Amsterdam) CSKA Moscow - Porto 0-1: If end 3-0 HT for CSKA wouldnt be surprised, but ask who to score for CSKA? "Letal" duo Doumbia- Vagner Love who missed I cant remember how many good chances from inside area. I bet Porto DNB @ 2.00 Stake 9 Bayern Munchen - Inter Milan 2-3: HT should end easily 5-1 but guess what? Missed chances turned against you. I have only Spartak - Ayaks bet.. regarding Zenit I think a team like Twente who scores 4 times in two games against defensive Rubin team, round before.. score 3 against Zenit why shouldnt score today too when Zenit miss 1st choice gkper and I bet players they will want to qualify but from wish,dreaming to reality is much way. Now, if you miss golden opportunities this doesnt make you better, after all what it really counts is final score. GL to Dinamo Kiev, CSKA Moscow, Zenit and Spartak - all will need it!

:welcome to PL :ok What do you think ia key, because no one can tell you what to put your money into. If you want two selections without putting the effort in yourself, then this thread contains as many selections to fill more than a few coupons....my advice would be to pick two at random....
I have £100 and want to reach £150ish by end of night in 1 or 2 bets any suggestions guys?

I have £100 and want to reach £150ish by end of night in 1 or 2 bets any suggestions guys?
Can't you read or something?there is loads of suggestions here.Just pick any if you are so lazy to do your own research. Hate people like that...everyone wants easy moeny,init...

Yes you can.Win to support Malafeev,Win in memory to his wife...Fans will support both-team and Malafeev.Zenit looked stronger in 1st leg anyway despite losing 3-0.Today they will teach Twente a lesson.Bukharov and Kerzhakov should be fit for today's clash. Zenit win @1.57 large Zenit -1.5AH @2.60 medium Zenit to qualify @8.00 small GL R.I.P Marina
Hmm, I don't agree but good luck. Don't think this will be as easy for Zenit as others seem to think, I have made reference to the weather before in these games in Russia but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Zenit should win but I don't think I would be comfortable placing them on a handicap, good luck though.

Can't you read or something?there is loads of suggestions here.Just pick any if you are so lazy to do your own research. Hate people like that...everyone wants easy moeny,init...
Crazy Mahno :lol, he takes no prisoners!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Ajax to Qualify @ 3.05 The home game was Ajax's game all the way. They where 10 times better than their opponent, but they failed in the most important thing there is in football and that's scoring a goal. The fact Ajax where a lot better gives me confidence they'll do better today. Today They won't need that much chances to score a goal and I really believe Ajax can outplay Spartak again. Besides that Ajax has a fully fit team, and that's only a good thing. Man. City to Qualify @ 3.6 City lost in Oekraine, but at home its an different game. Man. City knows what they'll have to do and that's scoring 2 times in 90' (at least) to go to extra time and score 3 times to qualify. That is without giving Kiev a goal. I think City has enough quality to do so and go trough to the next round. This Euro League is one of the goals this year and they won't give it up that easy!

Please stop putting up posts like these. As you've seen, it aggravates posters who put time and effort into putting their write-ups on here. There are 4 pages worth of tips and analysis in this one thread alone, so have a look through and see what you fancy or, better still, put up your thoughts on how tonight's games will go and see what feedback you get. :ok
Go easy tiger! :lol

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Porto - CSKA Mamaev is injured however Honda, Gonzales, Doumbia should be available. Previous 2 away matches against FC Porto CSKA drew 0:0. I think today CSKA will not lose as well. Moreover, we have not seen much from Wagner Love and Seydou Doumbia lately, no doubt today they will try to do their best which means we can even expect a surprise away win. stake: 2/10 pick: CSKA odds: 7 bookmaker: bet365

Event LIverpool vs Braga
Selection Braga
Strength 5/10
Date 17/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 9.00
Reasoning Braga won in first leg 1:0 after penalty and Liverpool has to show something if they are to qualify. I would say something more than against Sparta where it could have ended with a big surprice in the last minutes of the game. If Sparta could have hold for a draw most of the game than Braga has even more chances threw counters. Premier league has priority for Liverpool and an important game @ Sunderland could be a distraction. Suarez is out for Liverpool as is Gerard which is a big handicap in the creativity depertment so will have to go with brut strengt of Kuyt, CAroll, Moreiles to achieve a good result. Braga will definetly try counters as a primary weapon. Braga has been improving lately with 3/5 wins away in the league and a good performance @ Lech where they lost unfotunately although had all the chances. Therir domestic win over Benfica will also give a boost of confidence. Liverpool is not such a huge favorite and can lose this.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March I'm going for Man City (-1.5) @ 2.50 (Bet365) Man City have no choice put to try and go for a win by two clear goals or more in this game. Dinamo Kiev are a decent team but Man City are in a different class in my opinion and back at home on a pitch that Balotelli isn't allergic too. ;) Fancy Man City to score at least two goals in this and I expect them to progress along to the next round with Liverpool and Rangers also. Can see all three British sides progressing to be honest, that seems a good treble for anyone that likes multiples.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March my betting for tonight are as follows: (all to win) man city PSV Liverpool Porto Spartak Zenit my reason for these are purely down to i have a feeling lol. £100 @31.86 on ladbrokes. :hope :notworthy heres hoping lol ps. Hello all. this is my first post lol. good luck to everyone tonight. :ok

my betting for tonight are as follows: (all to win) man city PSV Liverpool Porto Spartak Zenit my reason for these are purely down to i have a feeling lol. £100 @31.86 on ladbrokes. :hope :notworthy heres hoping lol ps. Hello all. this is my first post lol. good luck to everyone tonight. :ok
I would skip all of them.The odds for all teams are never fair,Porto just getting 1,55 for a victory:unsure

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Man City v Dynamo Kiev - Man City - 2 Corners @ 1.70 Kiev travel to England with a 2 goal advantage and don't have to win this match. City need the goals, which I don't think they will get, however the pressure will be vital as it usually pushes the corner count up. City won the corner count 6-2 in Kiev. Liverpool v Braga - Liverpool - 2 Corners @ 1.61 Pretty much as above however Braga only have a goal advantage to take to Anfield. Liverpool usually struggle to break teams down, however forcing more corners. They won the corner count 6-3 in Braga. Double @ 2.75 with William Hill 10pts