** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March

Thursday 17 March 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Manchester City v Dynamo Kyiv (18:00 GMT) 2.75 4.18 6.47 75.74 %
maximize.gif Paris Saint-Germain v Benfica (18:00 GMT) 2.58 3.17 2.78 106.28 %
maximize.gif Spartak Moscow v Ajax (18:00 GMT) 5.5 3.5 2.83 82.09 %
maximize.gif Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FC Twente (18:00 GMT) 1.74 3.6 4.6 106.99 %
maximize.gif FC Porto v CSKA Moscow (20:05 GMT) 1.54 4.1 6.69 104.27 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Sporting de Braga (20:05 GMT) 1.47 3.97 7.44 106.66 %
maximize.gif Rangers v PSV Eindhoven (20:05 GMT) 2.82 3.25 2.72 102.99 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (20:05 GMT) 1.97 3.68 3.95 103.25 %

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Dynamo at @8.50?Fcuking joking again?Dynamo is a class team.Man.City strugle lately and don't score mor ethen 1 goal.players are tired.Mancini doesn't rotate squad much.they play games almost every 3-4 days in the past 2 weeks.Where will energy come from?The only bad news for Kiev is Mylevsky broke his arm today and he is out for 2 weeks.Still don't see City winning by more then 2 here. Dynamo Kiev +1.5AH @1.60 :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Hi all; I thought that Rangers did well to play for a draw in their previous game where they played away. I was thinking of playing the double with Liverpool -although they lost away 1 nil; I feel they know they have to up their game in order to progress. My Bet - double Rangers & Liverpool to win. Some input on this double will be welcomed? Spooner - It appears that some of your betting is incorrect mate.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March PSG-Benfica Both teams to score @1.83 (b365) PSG managed to score in most of their EL games, and they have the players to do so again at home vs Benfica. On the other hand, Benfica is certainly going to fight harder for EL than the French side, since Liga Sagres is pretty much sorted out already and that should be their main objective - whereas PSG is currently drifting in Ligue 1. The Eagles have played quite well in 2011, and it would be a surprise to me if they couldn't score at least once next Thursday.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Totally agree with Mahno that Kiev are overpriced as are my team Rangers @ 3.1 on Betfair. Trust me thats not a biased view. PSV are a good team but nothing more and Rangers are unbeaten in their last 10 in this competition at Ibrox. Our injury problems have eased since the game last Thursday and we should be fielding a pretty strong and more experienced team for this game. In the Champions League at home only Man utd beat us with a late penalty, but we beat Bursaspor and and against Valencia we should have beaten them by 3 or 4 in what was our best performance of the season. Rangers are being underestimated again in Europe and i simply don't see why PSV are favourites for this match. SJ can't split them going 13/8 which i think is about right, so imo there is definite value on Rangers here @ 3.1 but i will be looking to take them on one of the Asian lines.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March

Hi all; I thought that Rangers did well to play for a draw in their previous game where they played away. I was thinking of playing the double with Liverpool -although they lost away 1 nil; I feel they know they have to up their game in order to progress. My Bet - double Rangers & Liverpool to win. Some input on this double will be welcomed? Spooner - It appears that some of your betting is incorrect mate.
Also taking this

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March I'll be looking to play both to score for the Rangers game. I agree with BoyBroon that Scottish teams are often underestimated in Europe. Away from home they are atrocious usually, but at home with a strong crowd behind them things are often are lot more equal that the odds possibly suggest. (if we ignore Rangers horror showing lasts season of course ;)) However, I can't see them keeping this PSV side at bay for another 90 minutes.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March I'm usually all over the unders with Rangers in Europe but I am having to think twice here, even though it is at a tasty price (10/11 generally). The longer it stays at 0-0 the more chance of extra time which rangers will want to avoid with a cup final on the Sunday against Celtic. This makes me think they will have to go for it at some point although they may wait until the last half hour. Something to think about.

I'll be looking to play both to score for the Rangers game. I agree with BoyBroon that Scottish teams are often underestimated in Europe. Away from home they are atrocious usually, but at home with a strong crowd behind them things are often are lot more equal that the odds possibly suggest. (if we ignore Rangers horror showing lasts season of course ;)) However, I can't see them keeping this PSV side at bay for another 90 minutes.
I like it too, Rangers will probably be able to score at home, and PSV have not been able to keep many clean sheets in European games. Yet, they do have some good firepower on the attacking side, and they are likely to score too. Both teams to score @1.83 (b365)

I'm usually all over the unders with Rangers in Europe but I am having to think twice here, even though it is at a tasty price (10/11 generally). The longer it stays at 0-0 the more chance of extra time which rangers will want to avoid with a cup final on the Sunday against Celtic. This makes me think they will have to go for it at some point although they may wait until the last half hour. Something to think about.
This is a massive game for Rangers mate and trust me, the last thing on the Players and managing staffs minds will be the final on sunday, so in that respect, i very much doubt the tactics/formation will change just to try and avoid extra time if it is still 0-0 late on.

Dynamo at @8.50?Fcuking joking again?Dynamo is a class team.Man.City strugle lately and don't score mor ethen 1 goal.players are tired.Mancini doesn't rotate squad much.they play games almost every 3-4 days in the past 2 weeks.Where will energy come from?The only bad news for Kiev is Mylevsky broke his arm today and he is out for 2 weeks.Still don't see City winning by more then 2 here. Dynamo Kiev +1.5AH @1.60 :ok
I really hope for a quick City goal so that I can place a big bet on Kiev to achieve the next round:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March St.Petersburg-Twente both to score 1,83 bet365 medium stakes I think a few goals will be made.Twente won the first leg with 3-0 and is already in the next round.The russian will go and try to win at home as some kind of revenge while Twente wants to score to make it really sure.Possible result for me is 1:1 or 2:1 for St.Petersburg.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Spartak Moskau-Ajax Amsterdam DNB 1 1,80 Victor Chandler small stakes Spartak won the first encounter with 1-0 in the Netherlands.Ajax will be withot their goalkeeper Stekelenburg who has broken his thumb and therefore he will be out for a couple of weeks.The 2nd keeper is also injured and so number 3 has to play. I am going for the save way.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Rangers again are being underestimated in Europe.We got a good result in Holland and could have won it and with Naismith and Ness lloking likely to come back on Thursday on top of Lafferty and Weiss making their comeback on Sunday then we have a better shape and goals...PSV looked ok and not as dangerous as we were led to believe..They do have decent firepower and i think they will score but i expect Rangers to get a victory and Rangers 2-1 at 10/1 at hills is worth a small wager to me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.30 pinnacle Though Braga won the first leg 1-0 at home, they did not really show much to say that they will be able to hold out Liverpool at Anfield. Liverpool were once again pretty poor on the road, with some players like Poulsen and Spearing playing when they are not up to the standard expected at Liverpool, but they were not really troubled, and the goal they conceded was a penalty was for a poor tackle by Kyrigiakos. Apart from that they were not really troubled, and knowing that Braga do tend to struggle away from home, while Liverpool usually save their best when they play at home, then can see them to score the 2 goals to get them into the quarter finals of this competition.

Totally agree with Mahno that Kiev are overpriced as are my team Rangers @ 3.1 on Betfair. Trust me thats not a biased view. PSV are a good team but nothing more and Rangers are unbeaten in their last 10 in this competition at Ibrox. Our injury problems have eased since the game last Thursday and we should be fielding a pretty strong and more experienced team for this game. In the Champions League at home only Man utd beat us with a late penalty, but we beat Bursaspor and and against Valencia we should have beaten them by 3 or 4 in what was our best performance of the season. Rangers are being underestimated again in Europe and i simply don't see why PSV are favourites for this match. SJ can't split them going 13/8 which i think is about right, so imo there is definite value on Rangers here @ 3.1 but i will be looking to take them on one of the Asian lines.
Really..? You reckon they are overpriced? I'd Lay them all day long at 13/8.. What's your teams recent home record in Europe.? Say last ten games or so, how many have you actually won? I don't think 3.1 is over priced to be honest given what I have seen from Rangers in Europe this last few seasons and the style the play with.. Not to mention your best striker is still ineligible for this game. Player for player PSV are a better them, that's why they are favourites.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Rangers have a lot of heart, but PSV are no wimps either, and as it has been said, they have the better players. I still think the home factor will play its role, and Rangers should be able to get past the Dutch defense at least once - while preventing PSV from scoring for 90min will be a very hard job.

Really..? You reckon they are overpriced? I'd Lay them all day long at 13/8.. What's your teams recent home record in Europe.? Say last ten games or so, how many have you actually won? I don't think 3.1 is over priced to be honest given what I have seen from Rangers in Europe this last few seasons and the style the play with.. Not to mention your best striker is still ineligible for this game. Player for player PSV are a better them, that's why they are favourites.
Yes, i think thats what i said.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Gone for 3 overs at the moment. Zenit/Twente @ 1.90 canbet Russians have to win by 3 to get the extra time, Twente is note a team know for their lack of goals or good defense outside Holland. Zenits level is one or two beyond Twente in their best moments and a good day they will break this line without help. They will go on knock out from the start and if they start scoring Twente needs to respond. City/Kiev @ 2.0 Coral City likes the overs in Europa League on City of Manchester Stadium, they have enough quality to bag 3. Kiev will try to defend their lead, and they are a top side as well. Milevsky will probably miss the game after breaking the arm? But Sheva will score on a tired City defense if he will get the chance. PSG/Benfica @ 2.136 Betfair (after com) Over starts at arround 2.20!? Both sides has goals in them and the game is wideopen, either team needs to go forward if conceeding. We have allready seen the Benfica defense leaking goals in CL, El should be no difference. Entering Parc de Princess is no game and if PSG goes full strenght I am going for +0 aswell.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Here the team Semin took to Manchester: keepres: Shovkovsky,Koval,Boyko defenders: Betao,Ussuf,Almeida,Danylo Silva,Popov,Nesmachny,Hacheredi midf: Vukoevich,Eremenko,Gusev,Ninkovich,Garmash,Rybalka strikers: Shevchenko,Kravets,Yarmolenko,Gilherme,Zozulya Very strong line up i would say.I think Semin will apck midfield as Dynamo doesn't have to win.Draw or lose by 1 goal is enough.Kiev will be hard nut to crack i still don't think Man.City will win by more then 2 IF they win at all ;)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Hi! I post in America´s thread. I´m looking to bet in a parlay PSG wins/PSG qualify, because I see odds for win in PSG vs Benfica very equilibrated but the odds to qualify are totally different. If PSG wins Betfair pays 2.88, but if they qualify equally Betfair pays 3.05. The two events are totally correlated, for if one happens the other too. If we consider PSG win have more than 2.88 chances, then play qualification alone have value, but to play in a parlay offer better odds. In this stage all could happen, but if we stick with the bookmakers win of PSG at 30%, then if we could find a bookie who offers a parlay in this combo the odds will rise to 9/1, far away better than the original odds on win, and with the same chances. Aditionaly PSG have been not beaten in home in this Europa and Benfica besides leaking goals don´t score many as visitors. How I say all could happen but this seems very good to me to be real.

Hi! I post in America´s thread. I´m looking to bet in a parlay PSG wins/PSG qualify' date=' because I see odds for win in PSG vs Benfica very equilibrated but the odds to qualify are totally different. If PSG wins Betfair pays 2.88, but if they qualify equally Betfair pays 3.05. The two events are totally correlated, for if one happens the other too. If we consider PSG win have more than 2.88 chances, then play qualification alone have value, but to play in a parlay offer better odds. In this stage all could happen, but if we stick with the bookmakers win of PSG at 30%, then if we could find a bookie who offers a parlay in this combo the odds will rise to 9/1, far away better than the original odds on win, and with the same chances. Aditionaly PSG have been not beaten in home in this Europa and Benfica besides leaking goals don´t score many as visitors. How I say all could happen but this seems very good to me to be real.[/quote'] Very true boss. Not totally sure why this is myself. Maybe bookies are convinced that Benfica go through here based on they're overall performance in the last leg coupled with their impressive away results so far. I guess they expect Benfica to score in this game (which they probably will) meaning PSG will need 2goals just to take it to extra time. Personally i really want the 2/1 on PSG to qualify here but i think im slightly blinded by the odds rather than the pobable outcome of the match itself. Any french league followers here know if PSG are taking this competition as seriously as the league? They have Marseille away on Sunday so maybe they might start with one or two of their better players on the bench.

Any french league followers here know if PSG are taking this competition as seriously as the league? They have Marseille away on Sunday so maybe they might start with one or two of their better players on the bench.
Benfica takes it far more seriously than PSG. The latter didn't send their best teams to the Estádio da Luz for the 1st leg (some players were even upset). Domestic league and cup are the priority for PSG.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 17 March Cheers yea im not really sure now. If they win with a clean sheet they progress but its unlikley . Considering overs even over 3.5 goals at 12/5 but my betting has gone well south latley. Its asking for trouble i think.

Benfica takes it far more seriously than PSG. The latter didn't send their best teams to the Estádio da Luz for the 1st leg (some players were even upset). Domestic league and cup are the priority for PSG.
They still went one up though.....that's the thing with team news, you're never quite sure how the incoming players will respond.

Benfica also rested the entire starting XI for the league game on Sun night, they know they won't catch Porto now so the Europa is the main priority, will prob have a small stakes on Benfica tomorrow or overs.

They still went one up though.....that's the thing with team news' date=' you're never quite sure how the incoming players will respond.[/quote'] Yes they did, vs the Mighty BATE :) The line-ups talk for themselves, in my opinion: many key players are rested, and let the subs do what they can. Even with their best team, I would still rate Benfica as a favorite.