** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 7-20 March

Re: Tennis 7-20 March

Sport Tennis
Event Kaia Kanepi v Yanina Wickmayer
Selection Wickmayer (-1.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.01
Reasoning Well, at the moment Kaia Kanepi is the better rated player on the WTA Rating, but despite this statistical fact there are many other factors, much more important which should have a essential influence in this game. Kaia Kanepi did had better results recently than Yanina Wickmayer who don't have the same impressvie record of recently. Speaking from the class point of view I have to mentionate that Yanina Wickmayer is just the better player Kaia Kanepi, not by much, but there are surely some difference in the qualities between these two players. Both players are playing clear a more offensive tennis, they attack any time they have the chance to do that, so a game with quite many winners should be this one. Yanina Wickmayer possess some better qualities than Kanepi and here I will mentionate her footwork and her deffesnive skills besides her great attacking qualities. Kanepi is overrated at the moment and that is all about here, no doubts that she did improved a lot but still she is not at the same level with Wickmayer. Good Luck!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 7-20 March IW mens matches for Monday. 1) Ivo Karlovic +2.5 AH vs Gilles Simon. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Kinda lame odds in this match. Karlovic had a fantastic win against Ferrer in previous round. Was not broken a single time and all that against one of the best returners in the game. Of course, Ferrer made lots on unforced errors and mentally checked out after losing the tie-break, but take nothing away from Karlovic. He has dropped a lot in the rankings (239th this week) and obviously wants to get back. Don't think Simon will have many chances to break him and even if he gets a chance, there's always a possibility that an ace will follow. They have had some close matches and Karlovic with his serving ability certainly can keep this close. Lose in two tie-breaks and I'm not be disappointed. 2) Somdev Devvarman to beat Xavier Malisse. 2.22 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Mighty impressed with Devvarman, was not expecting him to crush poor old Baghdatis. Malisse has done nothing special this week, beating Cipolla is not great deal of achievement, considering that Cipolla is a Challenger player and prefers clay, Tsonga also was not in the shape playing his first match after yet another injury. Devvarmand is yet to drop a set in 4 matches and in fact has never lost to Malisse, 2-0 he leads their H2H. It was 6-4, 6-2 in Johannesburg last year and he also won via Malisse's retirement in 2008 when they played in Lexington Challenger. 3) Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Robin Soderling. 4.80 @ Local bookie (4/10) This is my underdog bet of the tournament. I'd suggest to anybody take handicap here on Kohly @ 4 games. I'm gonna go for the big one here. Sodering has always struggled to play against Kohly, he has beaten him only once in 5 attempts. That happened in Rotterdam indoord (Soda's favorite surface, of course) tournament. Prior to that he had lost all 4 matches against the German number one. And I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he held a matchpoint or two in that Rotterdam match as well but failed in the end. Outdoors slower surface, Soderling might struggle and from what I've seen in their matches, Kohly drives Soderling mad with his cross court backhand which is very similar to that of Stan Wawrinka. Soderling had 10 break points against him in last match v Berrer. The German player took only couple chances, Kohly has got quality to take more. Like I said, handicaps is a sure thing here, take that, I'll however go for the big one.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March And women... 1) Christina McHale +4.5 AH vs Nadia Petrova. 1.94 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Kinda biased here regarding McHale as she is one my favorite youngsters but really fancy her if not win then certainly cover this handicap line which looks quite huge considering she just beat Kuznetsova who despite being out of form still is a quality palyer. Petrova played McHale last year in Cincy and had a mighty struggle, she was forced to retire in the end. McHale was leading 7-6, 5-3. No idea what happened there but retiring one game away from the end is kinda silly. Must have ruined some bets for sure... 2) Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez +6 AH vs Caroline Wozniacki. 2.02 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Once again we've got incredibly silly odds. Sanchez totally owns Wozniacki having beaten her all 3 times they've played. Couple of those have been on clay which you kinda can understand, but she has beaten her also on hard which would not make a sense to a lot of people. The thing here is huge match-up problems for Wozzi. Sanchez is kinda similar to Schiavone in a way that she plays very old school tennis with lots of slices, dropshots and serve & volley also comes into the picture quite often. Wozniacki has got huge problems to react to change of pase, that's why she has lost to her all 3 times. If you want an underdog bet of the womens' tournament, this is the one. I'm taking +6 games on Sanchez which I'm very confident about. GL! 3) Urszula Radwanska vs Viktoria Azarenka. Under 19 games. 2.05 @ Pinnacle (7/10) I think the younger of the two Radwanska sisters will be done today and might suffer a real humiliation, it depends on Azarenka what sort of scoreline she wants, really. Urszula has played couple tough three-setters winning them both against Jovanovski and Zakopalova, that will have taken a lot out her for sure. Stats normally don't lie - she was broken combined 16 times in those two matches. Azarenka will be all over here 2nd serve and occasionally the first one as well. Vika's agressive game will do the job here and I'm confident about unders. It's just 19 games we're talking here. Too short in current circumstances.

Ok, let's go for some today. (4/10) S.Wawrinka to beat N.Davydenko @ 1.75 at Pinnacle :ok:ok (4/10) T.Berdych/L.Kubot Under 20.5 games @ 1.95 at Pinnacle:ok:ok (4/10) M.Raonic to bt. M.Fish @ 1.86 at Pinnacle:ok:ok (3/10) F.Schiavone/A.Cornet Under 20 games @ 2.00 at Pinnacle:ok:ok
Nice. :nana:nana

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Some excellent shouts over the weekend gents :ok Not seeing many bets myself today. Totally agree with Psycho that Kohlschreiber will run Soderling close ... and I do like Dolgopolov on the plus against Del Potro ... but I have enough question on both to give them a miss. Hopefully see something tomorrow to get my teeth into. Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Ana Ivanovic vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. Under 20.5 games. 1.80 @ >Bet365 (7/10) WIN Tomas Berdych vs Lukas Kubot. Under 20.5 games. 2.01 @ Pinnacle (7/10) WIN Julien Benneteau +3 AH vs Jurgen Melzer. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Igor Andreev vs Roger Federer. Over 19 games. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN Milos Raonic -2 AH vs Mardy Fish. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Shahar Peer. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS Jelena Jankovic vs Julia Goerges. Over 19 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (5/10) LOSS Andrea Petkovic -2 AH vs Marion Bartoli. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS Petkovic back to old dirty things and to blacklist where she belongs Goerges = unforced errors machine Pavlyuchenkova = epic fail

i'm thinking on Sharapova to beat Rezai' date=' what are your thoughts atko? ty[/quote'] Wrong man to ask lato, I don't do WTA from a betting perspective. Psycho, Czech, IAG and fishy are your men to call on in that domain, they'll be best to advise you there.

i'm thinking on Sharapova to beat Rezai' date=' what are your thoughts atko? ty[/quote'] Could go either way in my opinion. Shara struggled in her first match. Rezai is a quality player and on her day can be unplayable, though she has been playing something else than tennis lately if you know what I mean. Took her in last round but that was one off. If you really want to get involved, perhaps try unders. My thinking about this match is that either Sharapova will beat her easily = Rezai will beat herself or Rezai will show up and play real thing which she has been doing very little over the past year. In that case she could go for it. If this match is in in-play section (haven't checked) maybe have a look at 2-3 games and then have a clue what's going on there.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Malisse to beat Devvarman @ 1.862 Odd have gone up slightly on Malisse here and I have no problem taking them, he is the better player here and after winning 2 matches at IW over Cipolla and Tsonga he should be ready for this one. Tsonga not quite playing his best but still a strong win for Malisse who played and served quite well. Devvarman also has won alot of matches here with qualies and then Mannarino and Baghdatis.....to be fair the Cypriot completely gave up once the first set was going away and didnt want to be there.Devvarman has a decent serve, he's a pusher alot of the time aswell....nothing great about him. If Malisse serves well here I think he takes this. Taken a couple of others for smaller stakes: Azarenka vs U Radwanska UNDER 19.5 games @ 5/6 Karlovic vs Simon OVER 22.5 games @ 4/6 End of the road for the weaker Radwanska I think. Tough matches all the time it seems and that should count against her here. Azarenka has also had trouble with her serve this year but she should be able to overpower her opponent and come through well. Ivo and Simon should be tight, usually a tie-break in their matches...Simon far better off the ground, Ivo with the free points on serve....can see a tight one here.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March For me I wouldn't trust Sharapova against anyone yet unless she is around evens. Still a double fault machine on serve and not the most agile around court. Too much risk involved in taking her. Agree with Psycho with the point of live betting on it. Within the first few games you can often see how Sharapova's matches are going to go. GL on the bets guys, I'm probably off till the weekend. :ok

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Dont think Sharapova would lose to out of form Rezai on hard court........but stranger things have happened. She needed 3 sets to beat AMG who is a clay-courter really, solid with no big weapons. I bet Rezai would have lost to Zhang if the 1st set breaker went the other way. Could be a mess of a match..........i tend to stay away from the likes of Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic alot of the time.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Running good the last couple of days, see this as a day to take some chances Sport Tennis Event Robredo v Young Selection Lay Young (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 14/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.01 Reasoning Price heavily factors in the win over Murray, which was a brilliant win, but have to be considered mostly down to Murrays very poor level. Young also played well, and after that game it's tough to see him playing that well again. Robredo is a true pro, and should do a job on him here. He's playing fairly well, and has a decent record in this event. Sport Tennis Event del Potro v Dolgopolov Selection Dolgopolov Strength 10/10 Date 15/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.77 Reasoning As already mentioned I'm a big Dolgopolov fan. He's awesome, and has the game to cause an upset. del Potro is getting back to his old level, but against Ljubicic he struggled and not sure how well he's playing here. Dolgopolov has the game to not give him any rythem, really mix it up and cause a lot of problems. Really good price here I feel. Sport Tennis Event Soderling v Kolhschreiber Selection Kohlschreiber Strength 10/10 Date 14/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 4.50 Reasoning Agree with the other thoughts on this match, and see it being really tough for Kohlschreiber. H2H is very positive for Kohlschreiber, and they tend to play close matches. Kohlschreiber struggled a lot in his first match, but he often does against lower ranked guys. Need him to step up, and if he does has a very good chance. Sport Tennis Event Malisse v Devvarman Selection Malisse Strength 10/10 Date 14/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 1.78 Reasoning I like Malisse here. Both are looking in good shape and playing well. Devvarman got a big win in last round over Baghdatis and Malisse did similar against Tsonga. I just feel Malisse is the better player, and most of the time on hard courts I'd have him as a solid favourite. Sport Tennis Event Simon v Karlovic Selection Karlovic Strength 10/10 Date 14/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.00 Reasoning Watched Karlovics last match and that was definately the best he's played since his injury. Served great and actually moving well (for him) which is the area he had seemed to be struggling in. Simon hasn't really done much since the Aussie swing, not really sure of the form he's in. See this as a really close game, price too high I feel.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March 2 for me only, had some more in mind, but I do not feel like taking chances right now. (4/10) Ryan Sweeting Total Games - Under 5.5 @ 1.91 at bwin Definitely worth a shot. You know that Sweeting will struggle here and 6-2 6-3 or better is possible. He allowed him 4 games in the Australia Open over three sets, so there should not be any deamons for him in this. (4/10) F.Verdasco to beat S.Querrey @ 1.70 at Pinnacle Decent price in my opinion, Querrey's only achievement is beating shaky Tipsarevic and that is not enough to guarantee anything. May have to go through a couple of tough moment, but he is the better player overall. I think the match is priced like this because of Verdasco's losses against Raonic, but I feel that had much more to it than Verdasco's poor play.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March I can't belive how can someone strugle big time just in less than a month,in first match you destroy opponent Zvonareva-Cibulkova 6-1,6-2 and yesterday she lost 6-4,6-7,4-6!!!Today story repeats again Pennetta destroys Kleybanova 6-2,6-0,and now she lose 6-3,6-4!!!WTF!??? I wouldnt be suprised if it's some poor tournament,but this is TOP tournament and now this,is this a motivation or what,(I would be very thankful if somebody could explain this),or it's just a fuc.ing women's tennis?! Woman's tennis?WTF?I'm quitting whit betting on it! :pukeZvonareva :pukePennetta :pukeWoman's tennis Sorry for this post but i couldn't help myself I had to wrote it!

Good call on Kohlschreiber guys :ok. Soderling had the first set won on quite a few occasions' date=' but could not finish it off. That was certainly not a performance of a top10 player.[/quote'] Ditto. Really good shouts on Kohli. Soderling was injured though Czech, he damaged his left foot about mid-way through the first set. Explains his lacklustre performance. Kohli did well to get the job done.

Ditto. Really good shouts on Kohli. Soderling was injured though Czech' date=' he damaged his left foot about mid-way through the first set. Explains his lacklustre performance. Kohli did well to get the job done.[/quote'] Yeah, I know, but if I am not mistaken, he was 3-0 and 6-3 up in the tie-break and there is no excuse for not taking that. No reason to be unhappy about that at all though :lol

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Well mate, these things happen......everyone knows WTA is a head****.....I had Pennetta when she crushed Kleybanova 2 and 0 and a couple of other times as she owns her........today I didnt back her because she was priced 1.4-1.5 which is a joke as opposed to 1.80 she was a couple of weeks back....and she was crap against useless Baltacha in last round. On another note, I've backed Azarenka twice this year on the unders against weak opponents....its a strategy that used to work for me in recent years but she is nowhere near that form these days.....as expected she is in every service game of the opponent but cant hold at all, no serve whatsoever......will have to make the money back fading her in a later round. Good calls from the 2 lads on Kohli.....the guy really does step up his level against top players at times. And how the hell did Murray lose to that average clown Young who was taken to school by Robredo.............:lol....must be an all-time low for the Scot losing that one.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Good start to the day. Could be epic. Adding one more cos I'm feeling strong. Sport Tennis Event Stosur v Safina Selection Safina Strength 10/10 Date 14/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.25 Reasoning Last one for the day. Safina is showing improvement since she started working with Sanguinetti, and hopefully is enjoying playing again. She won the doubles title the other week, which doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but for her it could be a turning point. Couple of wins here so far, including a good one against Hantuchova. Stosur hasn't shown grat form this year, but has played well in patches and beaten up some chumps. Neither to be trusted, and I think the price on Stosur looks very short.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Only couple matches on Tuesday for me Victor Troicki -3.5 AH vs Michael Llodra. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (6/10) This is a rematch of the final rubber in Davis Cup final. Llodra was obviously tired in that match and got hammered 2, 2, and 3. The problem for him was that his serve & volley style totally did not work against Troicki who punished him with passing shots time after time. Llodra had no plan B and he generally does play the same all the time, so can't see him getting past Troicki with the same game plan. Besides Llodra historically has bad results in USA and one other thing that is against him is slow surface which is clear advantage for Troicki. I reckon Troicki will cover this line which might seem a bit too high. Jurgen Melzer to beat Richard Gasquet. 2.19 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Gasquet being favorite means trouble, he loves to mess around in these type of matches and Melzer can out power him. The Austrian number one had a strange match against Benneteau in previous round. He was asleep in the opening set, lost it 6-1 and then kinda woke up and started playing and managed to grind out a win. Gasquet is a dangerous player but I'm not sure the motivation is there all the time. Melzer has beaten him both times they played, one win with a retirement after 6-0 in the first set. Both matches on clay and Gasquet should have done more in both defeats (6-3, 6-4 in the first match). Have to back Melzer at such odds.

Malisse to beat Devvarman @ 1.862 Azarenka vs U Radwanska UNDER 19.5 games @ 5/6
loss x 2.........unreal Malisse......clear better player in the 3rd, all easy service games - missed few chances to break........tie break 5-2 up, even at 5-4 with 2 pts on his serve....and loses. Gotta love this sport.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Robin Soderling. 4.80 @ Local bookie (4/10) WIN Ivo Karlovic +2.5 AH vs Gilles Simon. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN Somdev Devvarman to beat Xavier Malisse. 2.22 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Christina McHale +4.5 AH vs Nadia Petrova. 1.94 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Flavia Pennetta -3.5 AH vs Alisa Kleybanova. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (8/10) LOSS Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez +6 AH vs Caroline Wozniacki. 2.02 @ Pinnacle (7/10) LOSS Urszula Radwanska vs Viktoria Azarenka. Under 19 games. 2.05 @ Pinnacle (7/10) LOSS The day started really badly with some horrible performances like Pennetta and Sanchez (did not see either). Good thing guys did the job. Devvarman barely deserved to win but you have to be lucky sometimes. And of course Kohly made my day! :ok

Jurgen Melzer to beat Richard Gasquet. 2.19 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Gasquet being favorite means trouble, he loves to mess around in these type of matches and Melzer can out power him. The Austrian number one had a strange match against Benneteau in previous round. He was asleep in the opening set, lost it 6-1 and then kinda woke up and started playing and managed to grind out a win. Gasquet is a dangerous player but I'm not sure the motivation is there all the time. Melzer has beaten him both times they played, one win with a retirement after 6-0 in the first set. Both matches on clay and Gasquet should have done more in both defeats (6-3, 6-4 in the first match). Have to back Melzer at such odds.
I am taking Melzer as well. Was very surprised Gasquet was made favourite

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Three bets for me here. - Jurgen Melzer (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 2.09 with Pinnacle (5pts) No qualms about taking Melzer in this one. He's admittedly not hit the highs of last year yet but his comeback against another Frenchman, Gilles Simon, in the Davis Cup, will have done wonders for his confidence. His win over Julien Benneteau was scrappy but he showed guts to come back from a set down and I fancy him to take out Gasquet. He's got a better H2H record and is more mentally stable than Gasquet. I've spoken about the Frenchman before. He's a walking car crash when matches get tight. Don't know why but he gets tighter than a drum in key moments and I think Melzer can take advantage of that. The Frenchman does very well against weaker players but Melzer will give him a lot to think about here. Gasquet may well run him close but think the Austrian will prevail. Ability wise, there is not much between these two, but I reckon Melzer's fortitude will shine through. Shouldn't be underdog here. - Marin Cilic (vs Stanislas Wawrinka) @ 1.83 with Stan James (5pts) I've been fading Cilic pretty much all year but I think this is the right time to back him. He's not a full-tilt yet but steadily improving and I like the way he destroyed Florent Serra in R1. He had a good week in Marseille at the end of February and won both his matches for Croatia in the Davis Cup. These conditions should suit his game well and although Wawrinka has had a good year thus far, I think this is a tough ask for him. Had to really work to get past Nikolay Davydenko and failed to do much on the clay in South America. This isn't is best surface, and he can be flaky on serve. Although he leads the H2H 4-2, Cilic won both the last two encounters last year on a hard court. This makes me feel that Cilic has got the measure of the Swiss on a hard court. I envisage a close match but Cilic seems a bit more buoyant at present, and I fancy him to progress. - Ivo Karlovic (vs Albert Montanes) x Sam Querrey (vs Tommy Robredo) @ 2.24 with William Hill (4pts) Good odds these for the double, and I expect this to drop significantly. Karlovic again showed yesterday that he's finding his range. Beating Gilles Simon is a very good result and I expect his confidence to have soared as a result. He needs a good week here to get back up the rankings and he'll see Montanes as a winnable match. Karlovic obviously has the serve but this week he's looked a little more fluid and loose, which has helped his game. Montanes is a claycourter by trade and although he posts decent results on a hard court, I can't see him living with Karlovic's serve. The Spaniard himself can be careless on serve and I think he'll struggle in these conditions. H2H is 1-1, with both results on clay. Happy to double up Karlovic with Querrey. I think this is the right time to factor the American into equations. Fine win over Fernando Verdasco yesterday and he faces, for me, an easier assignment in Tommy Robredo. Robredo is a pusher, a capable player but one with limited weapons. Donald Young handed the match to him on a plate yesterday but Robredo almost let him back in. Querrey's serve is starting to work again and he appears more trustworthy off the deck. Think he'll be spurred on by the crowd and his decent performance in R2 and R3. Robredo did beat him in Australia three years ago but Querrey is now a better player. He does his best work in America and I expect him to tie this one up. :hope

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Ivo also lost for me last night, he learned to play tennis again.......so bad night eating into my profit from earlier in the week.....hope for better today. Wickmayer to bt Cibulkova @ 1.72 (S James:4pts) I rate Wickmayer as the better player here and think she has been playing better this year too.....great win for Cibulkova over Zvonareva in 3 sets but Vera was playing really passive stuff and just nowhere near her best level - I think she may find it hard to back up that win as she often can do. Wickmayer got a great win over Kanepi in 3 sets......Kaia played a really good match aswell with 10 aces so she had to play well to get through there. Could be 3 sets but I fancy Wicky to get the job done. Melzer to bt Gasquet @ 2.170 (Pinnacle:4pts) See this as a 50:50 match here but like Melzer as the underdog - he took some time to get going in his first HC match after Davis Cup, Benny ran away with the first, Melzer with the second after going a break down aswell.......he finished the match strongly and this should be a competitive match today. Value is all on Melzer though IMO. GL! Desperate to fade Azarenka but simply dont trust Radwanska even though she is value at 2.50, neither girl has a serve to speak of right now......pity there's no market about number of breaks of serve in that one.....sure to be a ton of them.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Still running hot. Very tough set of matches today which seem accurately priced, hopefully will be a traders paradise:D. I'm taking one now, might back Safina again in the night match but undecided at the moment. Sport Tennis Event Wickmayer v Cibulova Selection Cibulkova Strength 10/10 Date 15/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.40 Reasoning I like Cibulkova here. Got an excellent win over Zvonareva, and can be a let down after that, but I think she's the character that will be strong after that and perform well. Wickmayer is a tough opponent, but still not the level she has had in her heights. I have this very very closely matched, so this price has a bit of appeal.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March One for me from the realm of doubles. (4/10) M. Lopez/R. Nadal to bt. L. Dlouhy/P. Hanley @ 1.62 at Pinnacle Average price, but Lopez with Nadal are one of the top doubles team right now and can surely beat Dlouhy/Hanley. I am not too sure about Hanley, but I know that Dlouhy still gives gifts on his serve regularly and that he is quite poor ever since he broke with Paes.