** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 7-20 March

Spanning the thread over two weeks as we have Indian Wells taking place for ten days. Here's the line-up from the 7th-13th March ... ATP Main Tour - Indian Wells (100 Masters series, outdoor hard) ATP Challenger Tour - Kyoto (indoor carpet) - Santiago (clay) - Sarajevo (indoor hard) WTA - Indian Wells (Premier series, outdoor hard) Good luck :ok

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Challenger monday picks Junquiera (vs Schwartzman) x Skugor (vs Zampieri) x Martin (vs Klein) @ 2.2 (bet365) - stake 7/10 Diego Junqueira is now already a veteran of South-American clay challengers. Watched him at the end of last season couple of times, played very well, especially Buenos Aires challenger, where he wiped the floor with Brzezicki in finals. With a height of 1.77 he's a typical grinder like most of the clay players. Faces an upcoming junior talent that is just making his way in Atp tour - Schwartzman. Schawartzman made it through qualies just like last week, but he should have no real chance here if Junqueira is in his game. Last week he was defeated in first round by Del Bonis 6-0 6-2. Born 1992 he's still mainly a futures player, that is trying to find his way in "grown up" tennis world. Skugor defeated Zampieri last week @ Salinas challenger, 6-0 6-2. Although I expect this one to be a bit more tougher. At least he knows his opponent now. Last week Zampieri had awful 44% first serve and 33% second serve points won. Probably won't have such a bad day this time. But Skugor has some nice power in his first serve, and always keeps pretty nice stats and doesn't give away many breaks chances to his opponents, but sometimes has a brainless style, trying to hit winners from all over the court. Not a classic toss in it over the net clay man. But looking to this match, if his serve will work alright he'll win. Last one from Sarajevo, for me the closest match from all. Australian Klein was by the middle/end of last season, slowly rising in the rankings, but this season started horribly. Just one match won and seven loses, not something to be proud of. Australian federation has high hopes for him, but so far he hasn't really shown some great deal of potential. He retired two weeks ago with a allegedly a ankle injury. Last week lost against Vasselin in 2 sets. Martin on the other hand had two loses in 6 and 7 week and decided to take 2 weeks off before coming to Sarajevo. Had some nice results this year on challenger tour, semifinal @ Singapore, loss in final qualies round against Raonic (he held a match point in that match!). Martin should be a class over Klein currently, and a loss here would be a pretty disappointing for him. Ryderstedt (vs Kim) @ 1.7 (local) - stake 5/10 Taken yesterday, bet365 already down to 1.57. Nice server Ryderstedt on carpet against veteran Kim, surely a quality bet. Kim in last 4 years, played only 2 matches on carpet and lost both. On the other hand Ryderstedt is coming from a Wolfsburg carpet challenger and should have a decent feel to surface. Due to his ranking he had to play qualies, got thorugh 2 rounds. Kindlmann was a obstacle too high. Usually places 10+ aces, depending on match, plays left handed, which could be a problem for Kim. Kim is coming from clay challenger in Salinas, where he lost against Jonathan Dasnieres de Veigy, also a leftie, 6-1 7-5. Comparing a totally different type of surfaces they are coming from, and a recent slump of results by Kim, expect a pretty comfortable win by Ryderstedt. Couple of other bets taken: Camilo (vs Galdon) @ 2.1 (bet365) - stake 1/10 Kumantsov (vs Bachinger) @ 4 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Lapentti (vs Acasuso) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Travaglia (vs J. Silva) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Begemann (vs Woong-Sun Jun) x Rieschick (vs Oswald) @ 2.07 (bet365) - stake 3/10

Re: Tennis 7-20 March

Challenger monday picks Junquiera (vs Schwartzman) x Skugor (vs Zampieri) x Martin (vs Klein) @ 2.2 (bet365) - stake 7/10 Diego Junqueira is now already a veteran of South-American clay challengers. Watched him at the end of last season couple of times, played very well, especially Buenos Aires challenger, where he wiped the floor with Brzezicki in finals. With a height of 1.77 he's a typical grinder like most of the clay players. Faces an upcoming junior talent that is just making his way in Atp tour - Schwartzman. Schawartzman made it through qualies just like last week, but he should have no real chance here if Junqueira is in his game. Last week he was defeated in first round by Del Bonis 6-0 6-2. Born 1992 he's still mainly a futures player, that is trying to find his way in "grown up" tennis world. Skugor defeated Zampieri last week @ Salinas challenger, 6-0 6-2. Although I expect this one to be a bit more tougher. At least he knows his opponent now. Last week Zampieri had awful 44% first serve and 33% second serve points won. Probably won't have such a bad day this time. But Skugor has some nice power in his first serve, and always keeps pretty nice stats and doesn't give away many breaks chances to his opponents, but sometimes has a brainless style, trying to hit winners from all over the court. Not a classic toss in it over the net clay man. But looking to this match, if his serve will work alright he'll win. Last one from Sarajevo, for me the closest match from all. Australian Klein was by the middle/end of last season, slowly rising in the rankings, but this season started horribly. Just one match won and seven loses, not something to be proud of. Australian federation has high hopes for him, but so far he hasn't really shown some great deal of potential. He retired two weeks ago with a allegedly a ankle injury. Last week lost against Vasselin in 2 sets. Martin on the other hand had two loses in 6 and 7 week and decided to take 2 weeks off before coming to Sarajevo. Had some nice results this year on challenger tour, semifinal @ Singapore, loss in final qualies round against Raonic (he held a match point in that match!). Martin should be a class over Klein currently, and a loss here would be a pretty disappointing for him. Ryderstedt (vs Kim) @ 1.7 (local) - stake 5/10 Taken yesterday, bet365 already down to 1.57. Nice server Ryderstedt on carpet against veretan Kim, surely a quality bet. Kim in last 4 years, played only 2 matches on carpet and lost both. On the other hand Ryderstedt is coming from a Wolfsburg carpet challenger and should have a decent feel to surface. Due to his ranking he head to play qualies, got thorugh 2 rounds. Kindlmann was a obstacle too high. Usually places 10+ aces, depending on match, plays left handed, witch yould be a problem for Kim. Kim is coming from clay challenger in Salinas, where he lost against Jonathan Dasnieres de Veigy, also a leftie, 6-1 7-5. Comparing a totally different type of surfaces they are coming from, and a recent slump of results by Kim, expect a pretty comfortable win by Ryderstedt. Couple of other bets taken: Camilo (vs Galdon) @ 2.1 (bet365) - stake 1/10 Kumantsov (vs Bachinger) @ 4 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Lapentti (vs Acasuso) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Travaglia (vs J. Silva) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Begemann (vs Woong-Sun Jun) x Rieschick (vs Oswald) @ 2.07 (bet365) - stake 3/10
:welcome to PL valve. Good first post. What's the thinking behind Lapentti?

What's the thinking behind Lapentti?
Just hunting for surprises (considering the odds by bookies). Think he's worth a shot at these odds (quite similar ranking now), but for a small stake. Expected him to do some damage last week, but after a tough first round he lost to Dutra in second round. Also don't rate Acasuso that high either, at Buenos Aires, Dolgopolov tanked the first round, Cuevas was in a pretty bad shape, and Almagro defeated him with half power. Plus his motivation was certainly higher back then. On challenger tour he lost last week against Junqueira quite easily. If he wins here, just don't see him cruising easily.

Challenger monday picks Junquiera (vs Schwartzman) x Skugor (vs Zampieri) x Martin (vs Klein) @ 2.2 (bet365) - stake 7/10 Camilo (vs Galdon) @ 2.1 (bet365) - stake 1/10 Lapentti (vs Acasuso) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 Travaglia (vs J. Silva) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10
Game @ Santiago finished for the day. Night shift with Kyoto starts :) Santiago +7.775 Lapentti gave up in crucial moments, break @ 5:5 in first set, and easily lost tie break in second. But Travaglia managed an upset :clap

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Martin Fischer (-5) (vs Franjo Raspudic) @ 1.8 (nordicbet) – stake 6/10 Obvious huge difference. Raspudic is a very young player who still plays qualifying for futures tournaments (with little success), let alone now to give a performance against experienced challenger player. Although indoor hard isn’t Fischer’s favorite surface, he should handle this match with ease. Other picks: Brzezicki (vs Zeballos) @ 2.37 (bet365) – stake 1/10 Corvalan (vs Salamanca) @ 2.75 (nordicbet) – stake 0.5/10 Sorensen (vs Silva) @ 2.85 (nordicbet) – stake 0.5/10 Gonzalez (vs Molteni) 2:0 @ 2.37 (bet365) - stake 1/10 Some picks tomorrow also, trying to pair up Gonzalez (vs Molteni) with another pick.

Ryderstedt (vs Kim) @ 1.7 (local) - stake 5/10 Kumantsov (vs Bachinger) @ 4 (bet365) - stake 0.5/10 VOID Kumantsov retired Begemann (vs Woong-Sun Jun) x Rieschick (vs Oswald) @ 2.07 (bet365) - stake 3/10
Ryderstedt :fp 7:6(5) 7:5 loss, serve failed at crucial times, Kim played way better than expected :/ -1.79u monday +6u

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Basic to beat Karanusic took it @ 2.5 888sport.. should be more or less the same No real reason why Karanusic is the favourite here beyond his past. Basic is a young motivated 19 year old playing on home soil having beaten Karanusic less then a month ago in a 3-setter in Zagreb (Karanusic's home court). pure value at 2.50 or anything 2.25 and above. Basic has come a long way and i expect him to making his way above the top 250 within this year. Although, he doesn't play enough tournements. their current rankings are more or less the same.

Basic to beat Karanusic took it @ 2.5 888sport.. should be more or less the same No real reason why Karanusic is the favourite here beyond his past. Basic is a young motivated 19 year old playing on home soil having beaten Karanusic less then a month ago in a 3-setter in Zagreb (Karanusic's home court). pure value at 2.50 or anything 2.25 and above. Basic has come a long way and i expect him to making his way above the top 250 within this year. Although, he doesn't play enough tournements. their current rankings are more or less the same.
Easy Money :clap 6-3, 6-3 in 2 sets. Hope others followed!!

What makes you confident on Gonzales? His opponent ahs been in great form comming into this match?
Wasn't online to post last nights analysis, combined Gonzalez in the end with Cipolla (Indian Wells qualies). Rate Gonzalez class above Molteni. Also Molteni should be tired after winning his first challenger title last week against Zeballos. Probably just trying to ride the momentum, but fatigue should set in (played 4 three setters, and 7-5 7-6 final, much time on court) + facing an experienced challenger player. Gonzalez took a week off after three weeks on ATP Tour with some success, two losses against Robredo, one pretty bad in QF of Santiago. Probably will appear on couple of South American challengers to get his ranking up before the start of European clay season. Considering all facts he shouldn’t have major problems here. :/
Martin Fischer (-5) (vs Franjo Raspudic) @ 1.8 (nordicbet) - stake 6/10 PUSH Brzezicki (vs Zeballos) @ 2.37 (bet365) - stake 1/10 Corvalan (vs Salamanca) @ 2.75 (nordicbet) - stake 0.5/10 Sorensen (vs Silva) @ 2.85 (nordicbet) - stake 0.5/10 Gonzalez (vs Molteni) 2:0 @ 2.37 (bet365) - stake 1/10
+0.745 Fischer failed, after 6:2 first set, expected him to win comfortably, obviously his effort in second set was just enough to edge Raspudic. Brzezicki failed in tie break, but Zeballos somehow always manages to win this kind of matches. Combined Gonzalez with Cipolla, but wasn't online to post it :/

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Hi guys, 3 picks for the Indian Wells tournament: WTA: MATTEK TO DEFEAT DUSHEVINA @1.55 betfair ATP QUALIFYING: RUSSELL TO DEFEAT KUZNETSOV @1.43 pinnaclesports ATP QUALIFYING: DEVVARMAN TO DEFEAT JONES @1.3 pinnaclesports Mattek is an attacking player with great backhand and she loves playing at home. Probably is a top 20 player on US hard courts. 6:0 Head-to-Head record for Russell who is a consistent player, should force Kuznetsov into a lot of errors. Jones has a big serve but nothing much else. Devvarman has great return of serve and is a better player overall with good recent form (win against Tipsarevic in Davis Cup in Serbia and Finals in Johannesburg 2 weeks earlier).

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Finally, we have a proper men's event to shout about :D The main draw has been made for Indian Wells and all the big guns are there. Indian Wells and Miami are two of my favourite events, almost what I'd call "elite slams", and I expect this to be a high-calibre tournament. From a betting perspective on the outright market, I think this is impossible to call. I can see the four main protagonists getting to at least the quarter-finals. From then on, it comes down to form and H2Hs. Novak Djokovic is obviously playing extremely well and goes in, rightly, as favourite, but Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal can't be discounted. Andy Murray at 7.00 might be the value bet, but there are too many questions that need answering on his mental state of mind. Looking forward to the match odds coming out, but in terms of an outright, this looks tough.

Finally, we have a proper men's event to shout about :D The main draw has been made for Indian Wells and all the big guns are there. Indian Wells and Miami are two of my favourite events, almost what I'd call "elite slams", and I expect this to be a high-calibre tournament. From a betting perspective on the outright market, I think this is impossible to call. I can see the four main protagonists getting to at least the quarter-finals. From then on, it comes down to form and H2Hs. Novak Djokovic is obviously playing extremely well and goes in, rightly, as favourite, but Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal can't be discounted. Andy Murray at 7.00 might be the value bet, but there are too many questions that need answering on his mental state of mind. Looking forward to the match odds coming out, but in terms of an outright, this looks tough.
I second that. Back to business at last with the tennis. Should be good opportunities to get involved for the men and women over the next couple of weeks. Here's hoping for a good week for all :cheers

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Taking my first few of the tournament on the women's side of things. Top players get a bye through so looking at the rest of the pack here. Vania King vs Gisela Dulko- Dulko -3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10) Handicap has just gone to a 4.5 which I still think Dulko will cover but the 3.5 was a must have IMO. Gisela had won her last 10 matches on tour before she fell to Pav in the semis in Mexico which I think underlines what a good patch of form she is enjoying at the minute. She easily beat the likes of Pervak, Wozniak and Benesova last week, all players who aren't a million miles away from the standard of King, except Benesova who is better and Dulko still beat her in straight sets. King on the other hand has lost her last 3, most recently to an out of form Melanie Oudin who given the circumstances, King should have beaten. Problem for the American in that match was her service games. So often she would get to 30/40-0 but still end up getting broken. Dulko will be good enough to punish the bad serves and put them away with her own serve not being bad either. Dulko has shown she can be competitive against players such as Wozniacki on hard this year, she should be able to cruise through this one, covering the handicap in the meantime. Kristina Barrois vs Lucie Safarova- Over 19.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Line looks a little low to me for a Safarova match despite her good form last week. Know IAG likes taking the overs on Lucie's matches as she is somewhat famous these days for lengthy matches with 3 sets but with this line, a couple of close sets could be enough to see it come in. There were worries over Safarova's fitness last week but it didn't seem to affect her at all, perhaps with the slight exception in the third set against Dokic. She's played a lot of tennis last week so I'm doubting she will be 100% and she could be a little slow at the start of the match. Barrois isn't the worst of players either and showed this by taking a set of Clijsters this year in Paris so she can play this girl. Most interest stat for me is that in both players' last 10 matches, 7 of them, (14 in total) have covered the overs in question here which stands out to me as another good reason to take the line here. They've played once before, granted a while back but that again went to 3 sets. Just think Barrois can be competitive here and hold her own against the Czech and trouble her at times which would bring the overs well into contention. Romina Oprandi vs Sania Mirza- Over 20.5 games- Evens Bet365- (5/10) Opting for the overs again here at a decent enough price for me to take it. Actually thought the line would be higher with a lower price due to Mirza's injury but she is still a heavy favourite for this one according to the bookies, evidently down to Oprandi losing her last 9 matches. However, of those 9 matches, the last 7 have gone for the overs, with the majority being played in 3 sets. The Italian is just struggling for confidence really and had chances against both Kirilenko at the AO and Voracova on the clay a couple of weeks back, but due to her losing streak, her confidence is at an extreme low and she failed to break her season duck. Saw Mirza's last match against Jankovic where she was completely outplayed and outclassed without Jankovic breaking into sweat. The Indian superstar didn't play last wekk due to a knee injury so not overly confident over her fitness and unsure how that injury wll hamper her in the match. A girl with an injury and a girl who can't muster a win, just indicates to me that neither will win easily or in a straight forward manner so overs at evens, I'll have some of that.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Not a fan of the first round matches, but have found one today that stands out from the rest... Patty Schnyder to beat Alize Cornet. 2.14 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Not having Cornet as a favorite here and can't think of one good reason why she should be. Schnyder has been playing with ups and downs lately but this match will be the one she will like, because the opponent will make it all happen for Patty. Gotta chances to see Cornet in Monterrey last week and she was all over the place makings huge amount of errors. Saw her match against Schnyder in Budapest last year. Patty won that one comfortably 6-1, 6-2. That was on Cornet's favorite surface. And the main thing about that match was that Schnyder was benefitting from unforced errors of her opponent. Patty was playing her usual dropshots and slices and stuff like that. Cornet was unable to respond and had only one break point which she failed to convert. Schnyder was 4/10 in break points. Swiss win for in this one.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Sevastova v Hercog Selection Hercog Strength 10/10 Date 09/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.20 Reasoning Hercog drifting a lot...just like she did first round last week before winning at a massive 3.90 against Kerber. That was weird, and today it looks weird too. Not much between these I think. I thought Hercog played well last week in Mexico, best I'd seen her for a while. Sevastova probably more accomplished on hard courts, but certainly not that much better to be as short as she is at the moment.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Bacsinszky v Govortsova Selection Govortsova Strength 10/10 Date 09/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.20 Reasoning I like Govortsova here, don't see her as the underdog at all. Bacsinszky has been in poor form all year and apart from coming through qualifying in Doha hasn't done anything. Govortsova I thought was playing OK in Monterry and I see her as a small favourite in this match.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Kyoto challenger Stadler (vs Fernandes) 2:0 @ 1.68 (nordicbet) – stake 4.5/10 Stadler (vs Fernandes) (-4.5) @ 1.85 (nordicbet) – stake 4.5/10 Young Brazilian (born 1993) won last round against Tsung-Hua Young (born 1991, rank 308), also this is his first challenger tournament on carpet, mostly played clay like most Brazilians. Against Stadler he should have small chances on this kind of surface. Stadler won easily against Naso first round, and Naso is also claycourter, has some experience on carpet. Just expect Stadler to cruise here easily.

Kyoto challenger Stadler (vs Fernandes) 2:0 @ 1.68 (nordicbet) – stake 4.5/10 Stadler (vs Fernandes) (-4.5) @ 1.85 (nordicbet) – stake 4.5/10
6:0 6:4 +6.885u Easy money :ok Thursday challenger picks: Prodon (vs Rivera-Aranguiz) @ 1.53 (nordicbet) – stake 7/10 Prodon (vs Rivera-Aranguiz) 2:0 @ 2.25 (nordicbet) – stake 3.5/10 Prodon (vs Rivera-Aranguiz) (-3) @ 1.93 (nordicbet) – stake 3.5/10 Surprised by odds. Prodon (number 4 seed) should be on track again. After winning the first tournament of the year in Bucaramanga her went on a slump with 3 first round loses. He’re he won against decent challenger clay courter Hocevar and expect him to easily overpower Chilean youngster with the WC. Defeated Hormazabal (high futures, low class challenger player) who came from qualies. He still struggles to make some decent results on challenger tour, in couple of recent weeks, also didn’t make some impact on futures tour either. In match against Hormazabal had only 25% second serve (Rivera’s only 168 cm high, for a tennis player limits the serving part), and still won. Against experienced challenger player like Prodon doubt he’ll make any damage. Lot of stake in, but expect him to do this rather easy. Roger-Vasselin (vs Veic) x Kavcic (vs Fischer) x Dutra da Silva (vs Trevisan) @ 2.45 (nordicbet) – stake 4/10 On fast courts, can’t see Veic taking anything out of this match. He’s a claycourter who had problems here with Mislav Hizak in first round, just expect Roger-Vasellin to have nice serve stats, and send Veic quickly back to clay dust. His best results are on indoor hard, don’t see him having too much trouble with Veic. Gotta take Blaz in this form. Played some decent tennis this year, entered top 100, expect him to ride the momentum. He played just enough to defeat Brkic in the first round. So he didn’t enter the major events in USA, so expect him to collect some points here. Played nice some tournaments last season near home (Rijeka, Ljubljana, Zagreb), let him continue the tradition ;) Dutra could struggle, he always has some concentration breaks, but here think he’s somewhat overpriced (maybe due to potential fatigue of last weeks 4 three setters, Trevisan tried some HC for couple of first weeks, but failed). Dutra lost last week in SF Salinas challenger against that weeks surprise Molteni. Here he defeated legend Massu, and hope he can go deep. Defeated Brzezicki, Luczak, Lapentti in recent weeks, if he can keep his form up, Trevisan should be a relatively easy job. Roger-Vasselin (vs Veic) (-4,5) @ 2.3 (local) – stake 2.5/10 Odds online are 1.85 (nordicbet) on this, so nice value here. Other picks: Saavedra (vs Zeballos) @ 3.55 (nordicbet) – stake 0.75/10 Also will add some picks, when bookies publish odds on rest of Sarajevo matches. (Beck-Middelkoop, Mahut-Bautista) GL!

Hi guys, 3 picks for the Indian Wells tournament: WTA: MATTEK TO DEFEAT DUSHEVINA @1.55 betfair ATP QUALIFYING: RUSSELL TO DEFEAT KUZNETSOV @1.43 pinnaclesports ATP QUALIFYING: DEVVARMAN TO DEFEAT JONES @1.3 pinnaclesports Mattek is an attacking player with great backhand and she loves playing at home. Probably is a top 20 player on US hard courts. 6:0 Head-to-Head record for Russell who is a consistent player, should force Kuznetsov into a lot of errors. Jones has a big serve but nothing much else. Devvarman has great return of serve and is a better player overall with good recent form (win against Tipsarevic in Davis Cup in Serbia and Finals in Johannesburg 2 weeks earlier).
good post mate... my congratulations... after some horrible events in dubai and doha, this week seems to be promising... nice work.

Taking my first few of the tournament on the women's side of things. Top players get a bye through so looking at the rest of the pack here. Vania King vs Gisela Dulko- Dulko -3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10) Kristina Barrois vs Lucie Safarova- Over 19.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Romina Oprandi vs Sania Mirza- Over 20.5 games- Evens Bet365- (5/10) LOSS WIN VOID
Horrible first set for Dulko meant it was an uphill task for the handicap but she blew a match point at 1-5 in the final set to actually cover it. Overs came in nicely in the Safarova match, whilst Oprandi retired after just 3 games :loon. Could have been a lot better but a small loss to start off this week.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Swathes of R1 ties in Indian Wells but one must remember that plenty of these players aren't hugely reliable. In any case, I've grabbed a handful of early bets. I'll start off with Robin Haase, who I've taken on the -3 game line at 1.909 to beat Rainer Schuettler. Haase is a player making strides on the Tour. His best surface is clay but he's a handy enough player outdoors on the hard, proven by his good form at the start of the year. He's a powerful player, a man with a big serve and huge groundies. I can see him hitting Schuettler off the court here. The German veteran is a crafty player but his best days are well-and-truly behind him. His recent Challenger performance in Dallas has to be noted, but he was playing against a poorer level of player. His serve is weak and mentally he can go walkabout. I've seen him get very frustrated this year against mediocre players and he cuts the look of a man whose time is coming to an end. I fear that Haase will have too much power and consistency for the German, and I can see the line being covered. Santiago Giraldo meets Daniel Gimeno-Traver and I can't see the Spaniard doing a great deal against the Colombian. I've taken the under 20.5 game line at 1.943. Giraldo is a very accomplished player who made his first final in Costa do Sauipe last month. That was on clay, but Giraldo's favoured surface is hard. He's got a massive forehand that really acts on this surface and that alone could be enough to dispose of Gimeno-Traver. The Spaniard finally won some matches on hard last year but hasn't made waves on this surface at all. He hasn't got a great defence and if Giraldo gets on top, he's punish him. They've met twice before and both times Giraldo covered this game-line with straight-sets wins. Feel we may see the same here again and the line holds more appeal than the -4.5 game handicap, which is poorly priced. Sticking with unders, I've also hit the under 20.5 game line between Nikolay Davydenko and Fabio Fognini. Davydenko has obviously regressed from his perch of two years ago but there is still a very good player in there, one that can dispose of someone like Fognini easily on this surface. I don't rate the Italian at all when he comes off the clay. He's already a ming-vase mentally on his best surface, but in these conditions, where the courts are quick, he won't enjoy it at all. Davydenko has had problems with Fognini on clay before but he's beaten him comfortably each time on the hard, including a match this year. I'd expect a routine win for Davydenko here. One match that I do see going the distance in the encounter between Andreas Seppi and Victor Hanescu. Neither man comes here in decent form and both play at a similar level. I reckon Seppi might have the edge here but both suffer badly from nerves and get tight at crucial moments. It's a match I can see going deep, and the over 22 games line at 1.901 looks mightily small to me, I'd have it much higher. This is the first time these two have met and they are both equal in terms of ability. I'm happy to play this line. Selections - Robin Haase -3 games AH (vs Rainer Schuettler) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle - Under 20.5 games AH (Santiago Giraldo vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver) @ 1.943 with Pinnacle - Under 20.5 games AH (Nikolay Davydenko vs Fabio Fognini) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle - Over 22 games AH (Victor Hanescu vs Andreas Seppi) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Hi guys, 1 pick for the Indian Wells tournament: ATP: DEVVARMAN TO DEFEAT MANNARINO @1.87 betfair Continuing with Devvarman here. Mannarino actually has a similar game to Jones (yesterday's pick): big serve but nothing much else. Devvarman has great return of serve and is a better player overall with good recent form (win against Tipsarevic in Davis Cup in Serbia and Finals in Johannesburg 2 weeks earlier).

Hi guys, 1 pick for the Indian Wells tournament: ATP: DEVVARMAN TO DEFEAT MANNARINO @1.87 betfair Continuing with Devvarman here. Mannarino actually has a similar game to Jones (yesterday's pick): big serve but nothing much else. Devvarman has great return of serve and is a better player overall with good recent form (win against Tipsarevic in Davis Cup in Serbia and Finals in Johannesburg 2 weeks earlier).
To say that Mannarino is similar to Jones.... and that all he has is a big serve :rollin you need to watch some more tennis before forming opinions.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March 2 for me. (4/10) A.Mannarino to bt. S. Dev Varman @ 2.02 at Pinnacle I cannot have Dev Varman as the favourite just because of his win over Tipsarevic. Class and talent is certainly on the side of the Frenchman, so why favor the Indian? The easy wins in quallies mean nothing, as his opponents were poor. Mannarino is the fav for me here. (4/10) P.Starace to bt. D.Young @ 2.36 at Pinnacle Young is way overrated here in my opinion. Starace is not good on hard courts, but he is still way better than Young, who is a mindless ball-basher imo. He is not the up-and-coming talent anymore, he is the talent that did not make it. So why make him a fav here?