** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AFC Champions League 2011

Re: AFC Champions League 2011 Esteghlal Tehran - Al Nassr Riad Esteghlal need a win over Al Nassr to go to second round, while for Al Nassr a point will do. Al Nassr won first game in Saudi Arabia 2-1 in which Esteghlal took a lead, but Al Nassr manage to overturn the result in their favour. Esteghlal got no significant injury concerns, but for Al Nassr their Australian defender McKain is suspended. Bet: Esteghlal AH -0.5 1.8 odds, Bet365

Re: AFC Champions League 2011

Pakhtakor Tashkent - Al Sadd Al Sadd need a win if they want to finish first place in this group nevertheless of other results...any slip of points and Al Nassr will have a chance to overcome Al Sadd being just one point behind. Bet: Al Sadd AH0
I see the value as being with Pakhtakor, not Al Sadd. Home advantage seems to count for a lot in the AFC Champions League, and I think Pakhtakor are more likely to win this - they won and drew their other two home games, but lost their three away games.

I see the value as being with Pakhtakor' date=' not Al Sadd. Home advantage seems to count for a lot in the AFC Champions League, and I think Pakhtakor are more likely to win this - they won and drew their other two home games, but lost their three away games.[/quote'] Final Score: Pakhtakor 1 Al Sadd 1 I saw a lot of the game. As I thought, Pakhtakor showed a bit more urgency and motivation, Al Sadd only really showing any urgency in the last 15 minutes and getting a late equaliser.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 24 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gamba Osaka v Cerezo Osaka (11:00 BST) 1.9 3.5 4.3 104.21 %
maximize.gif Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors v Tianjin Teda (11:00 BST) 1.4 4.8 10 102.26 %
maximize.gif Sepahan v Bunyodkor (16:00 BST) 1.75 3.65 5.8 101.78 %
maximize.gif Al-Ittihad Jeddah v Al-Hilal (19:05 BST) 2.63 3.15 3 103.10 %
Wednesday 25 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Seoul v Kashima Antlers (11:30 BST) 2.38 3.25 3 106.12 %
maximize.gif Suwon Samsung Bluewings v Nagoya Grampus (11:30 BST) 2.1 3.35 3.7 104.50 %
maximize.gif Zob Ahan v Al-Nassr (15:45 BST) 1.86 3.45 4.5 104.97 %
maximize.gif Al-Sadd v Al-Shabab (KSA) (17:00 BST) 2.36 3.25 3.15 104.89 %

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: AFC Champions League 2011 Quarter Finals, First Leg (no sensible odds yet ;)) -

maximize.gif Cerezo Osaka v Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors (11:30 BST) 1.04 1.04 1.04 288.46 %
maximize.gif Suwon Samsung Bluewings v Zob Ahan (11:30 BST) 1.04 1.04 1.04 288.46 %
maximize.gif Sepahan v Al Sadd SC (16:00 BST) 1.04 1.04 1.04 288.46 %
maximize.gif Al-Ittihad Jeddah v FC Seoul (18:35 BST) 1.04 1.04 1.04 288.46 %

Re: AFC Champions League 2011 Al Ittihad vs Seoul This game is my main bet in AFCL because Seoul has a many problem for this game. Seoul played in Friday against Daegu away from home. Despite using thier best line-up, they lost 1-2. First, the problem is that they lost team which is placed bottom of the table. Seoul is very young team. So, atmosphere including confidence is lower after this game. Second, they had a very long trvel. In Korea, there are two international airport. Among them, only Incheon airport have a flight from Korean to Saudi Arabia via Dubai(according to thier official website, they took a 21hours to go to Saudi, http://www.******.com/news/news_view.j ... =news&pg=1 ). Seoul traveled from Daegu to Incheon(it's long travel), And from Korea to Saudi Arabia. And, in Saudi, there are very high degeree about more than 30 degeree more plus high moisture. It may cause a big porblem. Coach of Seoul, Choi Yong-Soo, said in press conference that our goal is draw not win, and I don't want to gamble. Finally, in Seoul, big absense in ther line-up. Their left wing-back Hyun Young-Min was injured agaisnt Daegu. So, he will be out for this game. And, key midfielder, Ha Dae-Sung, was suspended for this game. In the early of the season, Seoul had a big slump. It's because Ha Dae-Sung was injured at that time. After coming back to squad, Seoul is high-flying. So, if he was not in squad, there are many problem. Pick : H(-0.5) Odds : 2.20 Stake : 7/10 (If you want to take safer bet, -0.25 is better!)

any info for other two games @mypo ... Suwon or Jeonbuk
Both teams are full squad. If I correct, there are no important missings. Suwon : Suown has no unbeaten in their ghome 26games in a row(22w-4d) in AFCL all games. I want to keep thier record, but Zob Ahan is very good team. Jeonbuk : Most offensive-minded team. Cerezo also too. I think Over(2.5). Actually, I don't know why odds on Over(2.5) is higher than 2.00

Both teams are full squad. If I correct, there are no important missings. Suwon : Suown has no unbeaten in their ghome 26games in a row(22w-4d) in AFCL all games. I want to keep thier record, but Zob Ahan is very good team. Jeonbuk : Most offensive-minded team. Cerezo also too. I think Over(2.5). Actually, I don't know why odds on Over(2.5) is higher than 2.00
Thanks for the info @mypo ... you always help us very much

Al Ittihad vs Seoul This game is my main bet in AFCL because Seoul has a many problem for this game. Seoul played in Friday against Daegu away from home. Despite using thier best line-up, they lost 1-2. First, the problem is that they lost team which is placed bottom of the table. Seoul is very young team. So, atmosphere including confidence is lower after this game. Second, they had a very long trvel. In Korea, there are two international airport. Among them, only Incheon airport have a flight from Korean to Saudi Arabia via Dubai(according to thier official website, they took a 21hours to go to Saudi, http://www.******.com/news/news_view.j ... =news&pg=1 ). Seoul traveled from Daegu to Incheon(it's long travel), And from Korea to Saudi Arabia. And, in Saudi, there are very high degeree about more than 30 degeree more plus high moisture. It may cause a big porblem. Coach of Seoul, Choi Yong-Soo, said in press conference that our goal is draw not win, and I don't want to gamble. Finally, in Seoul, big absense in ther line-up. Their left wing-back Hyun Young-Min was injured agaisnt Daegu. So, he will be out for this game. And, key midfielder, Ha Dae-Sung, was suspended for this game. In the early of the season, Seoul had a big slump. It's because Ha Dae-Sung was injured at that time. After coming back to squad, Seoul is high-flying. So, if he was not in squad, there are many problem. Pick : H(-0.5) Odds : 2.20 Stake : 7/10 (If you want to take safer bet, -0.25 is better!)
According to the article on the official site, the Seoul manager said he is going to win ;) http://www.***-***.com/en/tournaments/clubs/afc-champions-league/36371-fc-seoul-preview Also, I think the effect of travelling distances and times is minimal - Seoul won in the United Arab Emirates earlier this year.

Re: AFC Champions League 2011 Al-Ittihad (SAU) v FC Seoul (SK) I'm have to say that FC Seoul +0.5 @ 1.73 on Bet365 is good value. I think Seoul's odds should be shorter than they are. Seoul won 1-0 at Al Ain of the UAE in a group game earlier this year. They drew their other two away group games 1-1, at Nagoya Grampus of Japan and Hangzhou Greentown of China. Al Ittihad won one of their home group games, beating Persepolis of Iran and drew the other two, 0-0 against Al Wahda of UAE and 1-1 against Bunyodkor of Uzbekistan. I expect Seoul to be very hard to beat and be a threat to Al Ittihad's defence and I'd be suprised if Al Ittihad win, so Seoul are good value. More previews on Fifa's website ... http://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/news/newsid=1509569/

Re: AFC Champions League 2011 Sepahan (IRN) v Al-Sadd (QAT) Here, I think there may be some value with Al-Sadd at the long odds of 11/2 - I think their odd should be shorter. Sepahan from Iran have a very strong home record. They won 2 of their group games and drew the other. Al Sadd from Qatar drew each of their 3 away group games 1-1. I think Sepahan will do most of the attacking but I don't think they will find Al Sadd easy to beat, and will be vulnerable themselves to Al Sadd's attack - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFC_Champions_League_group_stage You can back Al Sadd +1 @ 1.875 on Bet 365, which I think is good value. Looking at Al Sadd's record of scoring away and Sepahan's tendendcy to concede goals at home, "Both teams to score" also looks good value at 2.1 on William Hill.

Sepahan (IRN) v Al-Sadd (QAT) Here, I think there may be some value with Al-Sadd at the long odds of 11/2 - I think their odd should be shorter. Sepahan from Iran have a very strong home record. They won 2 of their group games and drew the other. Al Sadd from Qatar drew each of their 3 away group games 1-1. I think Sepahan will do most of the attacking but I don't think they will find Al Sadd easy to beat, and will be vulnerable themselves to Al Sadd's attack - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFC_Champions_League_group_stage You can back Al Sadd +1 @ 1.875 on Bet 365, which I think is good value. Looking at Al Sadd's record of scoring away and Sepahan's tendendcy to concede goals at home, "Both teams to score" also looks good value at 2.1 on William Hill.
Result: Sepahan 1 Al Sadd 0 I saw a lot of the game, and from what I saw, Sepahan easily deserved to win, even though they had a player sent off in the second half. Sepahan started off really well and deservedly took the lead within the first 15 minutes. Al Sadd attacked occasionally with pace but little else. They improved a bit in the second half, but from what I saw, Sepahan deserved to win. I have seen both teams several times before, and this time Sepahan were better than I expected, and Al Sadd quite a bit worse. Al Sadd will have to raise their game a lot in the second leg to progress.

Al-Ittihad (SAU) v FC Seoul (SK) I'm have to say that FC Seoul +0.5 @ 1.73 on Bet365 is good value. I think Seoul's odds should be shorter than they are. Seoul won 1-0 at Al Ain of the UAE in a group game earlier this year. They drew their other two away group games 1-1, at Nagoya Grampus of Japan and Hangzhou Greentown of China. Al Ittihad won one of their home group games, beating Persepolis of Iran and drew the other two, 0-0 against Al Wahda of UAE and 1-1 against Bunyodkor of Uzbekistan. I expect Seoul to be very hard to beat and be a threat to Al Ittihad's defence and I'd be suprised if Al Ittihad win, so Seoul are good value. More previews on Fifa's website ... http://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/news/newsid=1509569/
Result: Al-Ittihad 3 FC Seoul 1 I saw a lot of the game, which was deservedly won by Al-Ittihad. They did nearly all the attacking. Seoul were disappointing and much too defensive. The 3-1 scoreline slightly flatters Seoul - Al Ittihad could have scored more.

Al Ittihad vs Seoul This game is my main bet in AFCL because Seoul has a many problem for this game. Seoul played in Friday against Daegu away from home. Despite using thier best line-up, they lost 1-2. First, the problem is that they lost team which is placed bottom of the table. Seoul is very young team. So, atmosphere including confidence is lower after this game. Second, they had a very long trvel. In Korea, there are two international airport. Among them, only Incheon airport have a flight from Korean to Saudi Arabia via Dubai(according to thier official website, they took a 21hours to go to Saudi, http://www.******.com/news/news_view.j ... =news&pg=1 ). Seoul traveled from Daegu to Incheon(it's long travel), And from Korea to Saudi Arabia. And, in Saudi, there are very high degeree about more than 30 degeree more plus high moisture. It may cause a big porblem. Coach of Seoul, Choi Yong-Soo, said in press conference that our goal is draw not win, and I don't want to gamble. Finally, in Seoul, big absense in ther line-up. Their left wing-back Hyun Young-Min was injured agaisnt Daegu. So, he will be out for this game. And, key midfielder, Ha Dae-Sung, was suspended for this game. In the early of the season, Seoul had a big slump. It's because Ha Dae-Sung was injured at that time. After coming back to squad, Seoul is high-flying. So, if he was not in squad, there are many problem. Pick : H(-0.5) Odds : 2.20 Stake : 7/10 (If you want to take safer bet, -0.25 is better!)
FT 3 - 1 +8.40 :drums

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 27 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors v Cerezo Osaka (11:00 BST) 1.8 3.95 4.7 102.15 %
maximize.gif FC Seoul v Al-Ittihad Jeddah (11:30 BST) 1.8 3.95 4.9 101.28 %
Wednesday 28 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Zob Ahan v Suwon Samsung Bluewings (14:50 BST) 2.42 3.35 3.15 102.92 %
maximize.gif Al Sadd SC v Sepahan (16:20 BST) 2.62 3.2 2.8 105.06 %

• 3 weeks later...