** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March

Seems to be okay but you will get a little bit more if you use another bookie.HT/FT is also good I guess.
ty dude, but no more money on internet.The situation here in France doesn't allow me to bet on international bookies. You have to bet on french legal bookmakers or where you buy tabacco. I will go tonight with: barca HT @ 1.6 shaktior @ 1.9 double with middle stack barca [-1] @ 1.65 shaktior [-1] @ 2.75 double with low stack May the luck be with us :hope

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Shakhtar-Roma Total Goals: 2 and more Roma have to score goals goals and goals if they want to get in the next round. Ofcos they know that Shakhtar ist very strong at home and didnt lose just one game. so i think Roma ll be carefull .:beer So it will be a game with min. 2 goals. Betfair @ 1,30

Barcelona - Arsenal Arsenal won the first match amazingly 2-1.At the fisrt match Barcelona played more balanced than the Gunners.At first half Barcelona had a 2 or 3 chance to score but they scored just one goal.At the second half acts changed between the teams.When Guardiola changed David Villa for Seydou Keita I thought he wants to keep 0-1 and he keeps the score one to nil unti 78'.Then Arsenal scored 2 goals and won.Now match at the Camp Nou stadium.Arsenals chance still going on that we have to remember... At Barcelona side Puyol injured,Pique suspended.There are two important player for Barcelona who don't play this evening.Two important defence center player don't play!This means Arsenal might score a goal in this match.Alexandre Song and Theo Wallcott won't play today but it doesn't matter for the Gunners.Last year Barcelona won matc 4-1 against Arsenal without Pique and Puyol but in that match Messi scored 4 goals.Arsene Wenger chose the Mikael Silvestre to Mark Messi:tongue2.Then Messi scored 4 goals.Now Barcelona is not strong than last year and Arsenal is not weak than last year.I think Arsenal will score at least one goal. Arsenal To Score @1,75 Bet24 9/10 Sorry for my bad english:)

Roma +0.5 @ 2.15 pinnacle Shaktar are the obvious favourites to progress through but Roma should not be underestimaterd here as they are a good side with plenty of quality in there. With Montella taking over, the players have responded well to him, as many of them it seemed where glad t hat Ranieri is gone. With them playing much better, having won 2 and drawn the other of the 3 games that Montella has been in charge in, then expect Roma to play with much more purpose here. Also get the feeling that they underestimated Shaktar in the first leg, and knowing what they now have, they should be better prepared for it. Plenty of quality in this Roma side, and though Shaktar too has its share of good players, still like the Romans to play much better than they did in the first leg. Whether they do enough to progress is another story, but do not expect them to lose this game
Not sure about the under 2.5/over 2.5 question, but I think this bet is good value. Shakhtar are the better of the two sides and should qualify, but I think Roma will go for it tonight, and could get a win or a draw. Shakhtar's top class strike force could pick up goals on the counter attack, but I think Roma's motivation might just be higher and means the Roma +0.5 bet looks like good value.

Catch is corner markets are as predictable as a toss of the coin.
Corners are often influenced by the pattern of the game. Imagine Barcelona lead 2-0 at half-time, leading 3-2 on aggregate. They would then try to keep possession in the second half, with low corners likely. Winning a corner usually means giving the ball to the other team, so top class teams which are leading often keep the ball rather than run at the goal to try to get corners. Imagine Arsenal lead 1-0 at half-time, leading 3-1 on aggregate. Barcelona would then throw everything into attack, with high corners likely.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Just some comments: Corner markets are far easier to get high Yield in then over/under goals or for instance. Why? Corners are not capped as good as goal lines. For instance in PL they are almost alway just set by avereges from home team and away team, they do not take in the oposition where a given them created or concieded theur corners. So to say that it is a lottery is just as silly as saying that a goal line is lottery. Sometimes you play under in a underish game and some guy hits a goal from 40 yards and you get two penaltys against. Does that make the marker a lottery? For this game looking at previous corner stats you need to imagine the game. Barcelona will keep possesion and should score more corners then Arsenal. On the otherhand Arsenal is a team capable of creating corners through their wings. Now Walcott is missing but so are the key defenders of Barcelona. Does that compensate for each other? I would say that a corner handicap of -4.5 is way to big here, but it depends on how the game develops. It offers value, but if Barcelona lacks goals they will pile the pressure on and might cover the line. I have not decided if I will play or not. Just some input.

Just to update what I put earlier..think it would be a risk for Arsenal to start RVP tonight, Wenger will be keen to start him ahead of Bendtner though who can't trap a bag of cement. RVP will be able to hold the ball up much better and bring others in to the game, if Bendtner plays he is simply an inferior player and Arsenal will see the ball coming back at them a lot more if he starts..as mentioned Song is now confirmed out and as I added earlier this is a huge blow, he is underrated and can play the simple passes well, keeping everything moving and breaking up play, Diaby will replace him but isn't as good in this position. RVP news has drifted the price on the -1.5AH on Barca, took it at 1.82 on Ladbrokes now out to 1.92 with bet365 which has pissed me off considering it is a large stakes bet for me, but you try and judge when to take the prices and sometimes it works sometimes not.. Not much to add in terms of analysis for the Shakhtar game, all points on the game have been discussed already by people who know more about Roma than me, taken what I consider a low risk bet at over 2.0 goals (1.4 bet365 8/10), can't see any way there will be less than this considering Shakhtar are involved and Roma need at least two goals to go through.
Decided to have a bit of a play on Shakhtar tonight also, there seems no basis for a Roma comeback and the stats don't make pretty reading for Roma fans, I think its more likely Shakhtar add to their lead than get hit themselves, the price of 2.58 on the -1AH seems to provide excellent value even if they don't 'have' to win, don't think it means a lot in this game where the fans, weather, pitch are all against the away side, we shall see..I have changed a couple of bets I planned to do on the Barca v Arsenal game as the prices have been changing, namely the -2AH on Barca, think the price isn't really high enough on this at 2.4ish and Barca to win by 3 is a big ask, my final list is; Barcelona -1.5AH - 1.82 (Ladbrokes) + 1.86 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Over 3.0 Goals - 1.72 (Pinnacle) 6/10 Over 2.0 Goals HT - 3.55 (Bet365) 2/10 Shakhtar v Roma over 2.0 Goals - 1.4 (bet365) 10/10 Shakhtar -1AH - 2.58 (Pinnacle) 2.5/10 Big outlay for me tonight, but I am happy with the bets, gl all. :ok

Just some comments: Corner markets are far easier to get high Yield in then over/under goals or for instance. Why? Corners are not capped as good as goal lines. For instance in PL they are almost alway just set by avereges from home team and away team, they do not take in the oposition where a given them created or concieded theur corners. So to say that it is a lottery is just as silly as saying that a goal line is lottery. Sometimes you play under in a underish game and some guy hits a goal from 40 yards and you get two penaltys against. Does that make the marker a lottery? For this game looking at previous corner stats you need to imagine the game. Barcelona will keep possesion and should score more corners then Arsenal. On the otherhand Arsenal is a team capable of creating corners through their wings. Now Walcott is missing but so are the key defenders of Barcelona. Does that compensate for each other? I would say that a corner handicap of -4.5 is way to big here, but it depends on how the game develops. It offers value, but if Barcelona lacks goals they will pile the pressure on and might cover the line. I have not decided if I will play or not. Just some input.
Dunno about the corner match AH, but Arsenal is expected to play 4-2-3-1 with the left CAM having the extra duty of tracking Alves. I don't see a whole lot of corners for the Gunners, unless they got a few in a row of course. But then, Barca generally don't get many either.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Corners are bit mistery, yeah. There is so much about them yet to be learned. You see no-corner-potential play and then few in a row. Who knows where it broke, but it broke at one specific point. What about when goalie makes them? You see open play but teams short of quality to reach the byline. You see right-footed right winger always moving ball back. Teams and players to fast and skilfull to even being blocked that way. Formation without wings, but with striker often moving wide to provide low crosses and full back going high up the pitch, like Inter. In prem I noticed defenders put missed crosses away, just to make sure no ************ is sneaking behind their back. So, it is hard and unpredictable, but look at this lines for tonight. It's not so easy to imagine 9 corners for barcelona, or 6 of them in first half, or first corner in 6-7 minutes, which bookmaker prices at 1.83. Come on, game can go this way or that way, but in first minutes we expect calm, patient Barcelona with whole match infront of them, playing posession, observing if there are some gaps in arsenal defence.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March I can see where in certain games corner markets can be profitable! Barcelona v Arsenal previous games: 03/08/11 - Arsenal 4 CK's v 1 CK's Barcelona 04/06/10 - Barcelona 3 CK's v 2 CK's Arsenal 03/31/10 - Arsenal 0 CK's v 4 CK's Barcelona 05/16/06 - Barcelona 3 CK's v 4 CK's Arsenal (Final) The last 4 games against each other has gone under this total: Under 10 Corner Kicks @2.15 William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Hi guys, i'm new here. I see something on unibet that has my attention.

Barcelona-Arsenal
Arsenal corners, 3.5 - more @ 2.05 / less @ 1.70 € (with extra time if needed) is it just me that thinks arsenal can still make more than 3 corners?

Barcelona - Arsenal under 2.5 @ 2.70 centrebet
This is actually realistic scenario, and good reasoning from blackcrow. Barca lead and hide the ball. However, I believe in elimination matches there is a major advantage of live betting in compare to pre-match betting. In league matches everyone does their best, makes point or 3 or none. No one goes over the top if things not working. In elimination, you have this astonishing dialectics; clash of motives, team strenghts, all differently manifested in different match development. Massive opportunities to exploit. I will go prematch No corner before 7:00 @1.83 Bet365, and bet live later.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Adding Barcelona v Arsenal: kopilka.gif Total Fouls Committed: Over 29 [Extra time will count if played] It is real this bet if extra time played foul will be counted?? I want to take it with Expekt @ 1.85. First game produced 29 fouls, last season Barcelona - Arsenal 4-1 fouls commited: 16-19. I guess 10-20 tonight so over looks fine. Players cards: Here I must find some bookies wich give this type of bets. idunno.gif ..if a red card direct count as a yellow card? In my mind some Arsenal players, great odds: Emmanuel Eboué @ 3.80 Betsson Wilshere @ 4.00 Betsson Cesc Fabregas @ 3.50 Betsson Arshavin & Diaby - cant find them. Note that Eboue got booked in the last 3 away games Arsenal played in Champions League - furthermore he was show yellow by tonights ref Busacca on 31/03/2010 Arsenal - Barca 2-2. Important: 31/03/10 Arsenal - Barca 2-2 ref was Busacca, swiss will lead tonight clash. In that game he showed yellow cards to: Arsenal - Fabregas, Diaby, Arshavin, Eboue, Alex Song ; Barcelona - Piket. spartak.gif

Event Barcelona vs Arsenal
Selection Barcelona -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning Reverse ficture of 1/8 finals between teams that represent the fast and precise passes, amazing imagination and deadly efficiency. The latter is especially true to Barcelona. Barca played at the Emirates as much as they needed, at least they thought so, until they payed for it. I believe that everything could have been resolved in England. Barcelona in the last couple of seasons rarely won on the side and they rarely need it coz when they get home things are completely changed. Pressing starts from the beginning and does not stop, Messi rarely fails and if he is not scoring then he assists to Villa who scores so elegantly, it is imperative to score a goal more. When you still have Xavi and Iniesta, Clichy and Koscielny, who in my opinion are the weak links, will be greatly tested. Barca is missing important Puyol and Pique and here Busquets will be the weaker link that will Arshavin or Van Persie try to take advantage. Arsenal will miss a lot from Walcott with his pace as Arshavin is not in form, Persie may be insufficiently prepared, so Farbregas and Nasri will be the strongest hope for Arsenal. Arsenal was never very constant and in the domestic championship they show it. Last time Barca celebrated 4:1 and if so I would not be surprised.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Roma played their last league match against Lecce on last friday. Lecce forced them but they beat them. With their last weeks' defensive performance its hard them to finish with a clean sheet. They will be open for the risks and an over 2.5 goals is possible. Shakhtar is ready to face with their experienced coach Lucescu and their ice cold stadium. Obvious that there will be a heavy stadium. Unexperienced Montella should make a rougher team. If Shakhtar play eagerly for me they will have an another win. Shakhtar win.

@ KavkaZ' date=' normally extra time does not count, unless the bookie specifies otherwise.[/quote'] Can you plz look at Expekt Penaties/Fouls: It says something in english I didnt understand well .. about Fifa or Uefa & fouls

Can you plz look at Expekt Penaties/Fouls: It says something in english I didnt understand well .. about Fifa or Uefa & fouls
It says that extra time will be counted. If uefa.com will state that there were 30 fouls committed and let's say goal.com will say that there were 28, then the bet will win.

It says that extra time will be counted. If uefa.com will state that there were 30 fouls committed and let's say goal.com will say that there were 28' date=' then the bet will win.[/quote'] Spasibo Mustafa .. now I will try to search Arshavin is Love and Diaby for the yellow cards.

FC Barcelona v Arsenal + 4.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - BET365. Based on the above couple of posts regarding under'ish corners for this fixture (which I agree with) I think this line is set too high. Both sides tend to play possession football, and don't generally look to win too many outright corners, so I see value in here.
That bet does look decent value (odds have since gone down to 1.75) The main risk is if Barcelona are behind in the tie for most of the game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Much has been said about Barca game, and I think I'll have a go on Barca >2.5 goals @2 10/10 pts Barca >3.5 goals @3.75 5/10 pts Barca >4.5 goals @8 2.5/10 pts Messi should do the job:)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 8 March Barcelona V Arsenal Arsenal +1.5 @ 21/20 (Stan James) I just have a feeling Arsenal are going to eliminate Barcelona one way or another this evening. We have just heard Van Persie will be starting and this along with Fabregas is somewhat of a coup for Wengers team. Fear and psychology has played a large part in the build up to this fixture and I don't see Wenger's team being afraid of the Nou Camp any longer. If anything all the pressure is now on the mighty Barcelona to come out and perform like they know they can. The problem for Barca is that they know their devastating offensive play is vunerable to Arsenals devastating counter attacks and I believe this game will be fought as much in the mind as it will on the pitch. The bet gives extra cover as you will still win if Arsenal only loose by a goal. I'm going against the grain here but I will follow my instinct on this one.

Barcelona vs Arsenal. Over 3 goals. 1.70 @ 188bet (10/10) I believe this is a no lose situation. Barcelona played very pathetic and lazy in the first leg after going a goal up and were punished for that in the end. They have to win today so won't be messing around again. Messi will do the job if you're looking for a goalscorer. He had a fantastic match against Arsenal last season at Camp Nou where he hit 4 goals and totally destroyed Arsenal on his own. Should be lots of goals in this one and 3 goals definitely is a minimum target here.
Easy money. Good job on overs for everybody who decided to have a crack at it. :ok