** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 28 February - 6 March

Re: Tennis - 28 February - 6 March Sport Tennis Event Safarova v Dokic Selection Dokic Strength 10/10 Date 06/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.53 Reasoning I must be crazy, but I believe in Dokic here. She's playing great, struggled earlier in the week but the last two matches have been excellent. It's her first chance for a WTA title for a long time, and I think she'll take it. Safarova has been playing good this week, but was struggling physically a bit towards the end of her semi. Dokic has already beaten her this year in Paris, and can do so again. Sport Tennis Event Cilic v Kohlschreiber Selection Kohlschreiber Strength 10/10 Date 06/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.77 Reasoning This looks too big on Kohlschreiber. Both went 5 sets on the opening day, both ended up winning as favourites. Germany won the doubles (in 5!) so Kohlschreiber is here to finish the job. Pressure on Cilic, and that's not a time to have money on him. Neither in great form I think, and I find it tough to separate them. H2H is 4-2 to Kohlschreiber. Should be a good game, price too big on Kohlschreiber. Sport Tennis Event Troicki v Devvarman Selection Lay Devvarman (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 06/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.03 Reasoning Devvarman got an excellent win in the opening day against Tipsarevic, but by all accounts Tipsy was awful. Because of that, Serbia won't want this going to the final rubber. Troicki is good in Davis Cup, and he should finish the tie off here without many problems. Sport Tennis Event Melzer v Simon Selection Melzer Strength 10/10 Date 06/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.20 Reasoning Melzer was awful on Friday, just a truly awful performance. He seemed really nervous and in the important points he had nothing. But, he can produce a lot more than that. Playing the doubles I'm sure will help, he played better and with the crowd got going. Because of that, I'm expecting him to play a lot better here and give Austria some hope in this tie. Simon beat up an out of shape Koubek, and was playing pretty well. This should be a good game, before Fridays performances Melzer would have been a solid fav here, and I make him no worse than 50/50 here.

Re: Tennis - 28 February - 6 March Sport Tennis Event Safina/Voskoboeva v Lertcheewakarn/Moore Selection Lay Lertcheewakarn/Moore (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 06/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.88 Reasoning All about the comeback girls here. Safina finally playing pretty well here, in singles and in the doubles. It would be great for her to get this title and she'll be the class player on the court. Voskoboeva making a comeback as well, she missed most of last year with injury and is getting half decent results so far this year. They've playing really well together so far this week, and should win here. For me, this match is all about them, so barely going to mention Lertcheewakarn and Moore, just to say they should be outclassed.

Re: Tennis - 28 February - 6 March Having my first Davis Cup one this week, doesn't look to be much else about. Jurgen Melzer vs Giles Simon- Melzer to win- 11/10 Bet365- (5/10) Agreeing with Cramer on this one. Melzer is by far more the accomplished clay courter and he should have settled in now after a dodgy first match against Chardy. He won his doubles match and the crowd should give him a lift in this one. Granted his form of recent has been a bit inconsistent but in front of his own crowd against a guy like Simon, who barely plays on clay, he shouldn't be marked as the underdog in my book. They've played on clay once which Melzer won and he should be up for this one. Decent price as well so sticking my neck out for a win for the Austrian team.

Re: Tennis - 28 February - 6 March

Sport Tennis
Event Lucie Safarova - Jelena Dokic
Selection Jelena Dokic
Strength 10/10
Date 06/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.64
Reasoning Maybe I'm an optimist but I think that Jelena Dokic can win this match. She has won last match against Lucie Safarova. Jelena Dokic feels very good on hardcourt - it's Jelena's favourite surface. Dokic is really hard to break and I don't see many break points for Lucie Safarova. Jelena's tennis is on really good level in this tournament - for example she won against Francesca Schiavone in first match! Jelena looks very good here. I see close match with many games and propably with three sets. Jelena Dokic can't lost too many serve games. She can holding stronge serve and breake one/two times Lucie Safarova in this match. Safarova plays left-handed with a two-handed backhand and a high topspin forehand. Lucie's favourite surface is clay not hardcourt so I think that Jelena has more chances.
Congrats. I tailed, and this was good win. Little bit too much a sweater I think, but an epic match to remember. Jelena a new title after 9 years. :clap

Having my first Davis Cup one this week, doesn't look to be much else about. Jurgen Melzer vs Giles Simon- Melzer to win- 11/10 Bet365- (5/10) Agreeing with Cramer on this one. Melzer is by far more the accomplished clay courter and he should have settled in now after a dodgy first match against Chardy. He won his doubles match and the crowd should give him a lift in this one. Granted his form of recent has been a bit inconsistent but in front of his own crowd against a guy like Simon, who barely plays on clay, he shouldn't be marked as the underdog in my book. They've played on clay once which Melzer won and he should be up for this one. Decent price as well so sticking my neck out for a win for the Austrian team.
WIN Hats off to Jurgen. Thought he was done in the fourth at a break down but managed to save my skin and give the Austrian team some hope. Really enjoyable to watch though, best Melzer match since his French Open meeting with Djokovic last year.

Congrats. I tailed' date=' and this was good win. Little bit too much a sweater I think, but an epic match to remember. Jelena a new title after 9 years. :clap[/quote'] Thank you homunculus.
Sport Tennis
Event Jelena Jankovic - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Selection Jelena Jankovic -1.5 sets handicap (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.60
Reasoning I bet on the Jelena Jankovic -1.5 sets handicap. Odd in expekt is fantastic - 2,60! I see value in this option. Jelena Jankovic feels very good on hardcourt and she will take win in this match without too many problems. For me odds are too high. Jelena is better in WTA ranking, has more experience. I don't see many chances for Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in rallies - Jelena has very good return, fantastic backhand! I think that Jelena Jankovic is better one class above Anastasia. Jelena is in better shape in last time, beating many good rivals. Pavlyuchenkova in my opinion is worse player than Jelena and she played against poor rivals in this tournament - Eleni Daniilidou, Melanie Oudin, Greta Arn and Gisela Dulko (Gisela feels tired). Jelena Jankovic can destroy Pavlyuchenkova in two sets - motivation must be high - she plays in the final!

Re: Tennis - 28 February - 6 March Sport Tennis Event Jankovic v Pavlyuchenkova Selection Lay Pavlyuchenkova (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 06/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.59 Reasoning Like Jankovic tonight, especially with it being a final. She's got more experience and generally is at a higher level. She's been very good this week and is displaying good form the past month for the first time in a while. Pavlyuchenkova has been playing well this week too, and won this title last year. But I think Jankovic will get the job done tonight, and the price is reasonable.