** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 14-20 February

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Raonic - Rodick 2.89 Pinnacle The Canadian played amazing tennis on such surface. Seems almost unstoppable. Rodick showed some problems against opponents with few times worst service, here in Memphis. Raonic style is perfect for such fast hard court. He played a lot of matches in this two weeks, but never looked tired.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Week 7 2011 finals parlay Wozniacki (to bt Kuznetsova) x Soderling (to bt Cilic) x Roddick (to bt Raonic) @ Pinnacle 2.69 I am tired of unsuccessfuly backing underdogs in the finals for a couple of last weeks. This time the favs are so clear, that this parlay perhaps needs no explanation. Woz leads H2H 3-2 against Svetlana, with last two matches won by Woz. Svetlana can deliver good performance now and then, but is always prone to cummulating enormous amount of UEs, which we have seen in her FedCup match vs France this year, where she lost to aparently injured Alize Cornet. Woz with her superb consistency will punish it. Soderling is cruising in Marseille and is heading to his 3rd title this year. Marin did beat Berdych, but Berdych was still affected by last week's flu and was not able to compete at full strength. He also did beat Youzhnyi, but this was solely thanks to Youzhnyi huge choke in the decider. Both Soda and Marin have big serve, but Soda is better returner of these two and should prevail in the rallies. I did bet against Roddick yesterday based solely on the references without actually having seen any of his matches in Memphis . That was mistake. I have seen his match with Delpo and corrected my view. Against Raonic, this will be a serve against serve contest, but of these two Andy is much better on return and is more experienced player. Milos did beat Verdasco twice in past couple of weeks, but Andy is in better form now than Verdasco, and being top seed at home soil gives him no other option than to beat Milos. Note - if first two legs hold, I will consider to hedge Memphis final by putting a half unit on Raonic :-) Andy should win, but you never know with Raonic. GL :hope

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February

Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova
Selection Wozniacki (-4) GH
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.24
Reasoning Well, here comes the most interesting event between two great players, the final of this tournament. First of all I would like to mentionate about those great results from both players as Caroline Wozniacki and Svetlana Kuznetsova have played some great tennis till this stage. The russian player didn't had such good tournaments for a quite long time already and she will hope to win the title here after a period with not too positive results. Kuznetsova did eliminated good players here at Dubai, but still she didn't played against a player like Wozniacki who is just another level, a much more difficult. Wozniacki possess some greta deffesnive skills and IMO for Kuznetsova's style the things will come very difficult as her style of playing is based on the attack and accuracy. Kuznetsova will attack today as she always is playing so and I think that Wozniacki's defence will be just too much for her attack. Simple as that, Wozniacki's defence is much better than Kuznetsova's attack and I think that certain this aspect will have the most important word in today's final. All in all, Wozniacki should be all in control in this game. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Despite the poor run, I will have some more. Smaller stakes though. (3/10) M.Gonzalez to bt. H.Zeballos @ 2.00 at Bet365 I do not really know why Zeballos is the favorite here. Gonzalez has beaten him in all six meeting and has done that pretty straightforwardly. He has played well so far, but lost twice to Robredo, who is playing really well at the moment. Meanwhile, Zeballos has been far from convining so far. (3/10) I.Begu to bt. M.Irigoyen @ 1.61 at PaddyPower Do not really know much about the players, but Begu seems to be the real deal. She has won an ITF title earlier this month with wins over Mayr and Pous-Tio. Irigoyen, on the other hand, is still losing to very poor players that are far from the standard WTA level. Odds are not spectacular, but the favorite is clear. (2/10) B.Reynolds to bt. M.Matosevic @ 1.72 at PaddyPower Reynolds is in the better form and has already beaten Matosevic once on this level. Matosevic is not having the best year so far, losing to Udomchoke is certainly not good enough for me. Reynolds lost Kendrick (much better player) and Kuznetsov in a tight clash and he is playing on a surface he is familiar with. He also has the slight advantage here in being from the USA. (2/10) M.Raonic to bt. A.Roddick @ 3.06 at Pinnacle There is a good reason for this I think. And I cannot have him as a 3.00 underdog after all those performances. The scoreline from yesterday is extremely deceiving. Del Potro was totally off and had to have his leg treated. Roddick, on the other hand, had his right arm treated, although it was not too apparent. But Roddick was able to do nothing whenever Del Potro got a good serve in. Raonic will be able to do that much more often than Del Potro. He is playing purely on confidence and I think he may get through.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sport Tennis Event Roddick v Raonic Selection No service breaks first 12 games Strength 10/10 Date 20/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.10 Reasoning Interesting market, I was going to go for this in the final last week but didn't, and of course it rolled in. It means an average of 1.0988 for each service hold, and that seems reasonable, with Roddick quite a bit shorter and Raonic maybe a bit longer. Both serve huge, and struggle a bit on return. Raonic again could be tired, but will surely put his big effort into the first set. Roddick will want to put down a marker again this kid, and really won't want to drop his serve against him. Good chance here I feel, and should be fun at least.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Sport Tennis Event Almagro v Chela Selection Almagro -4.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 20/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.62 Reasoning Will try this alternative handicap. Almagro had a very bad start against Chela last week, coming through in 3. Because of that, this week expect him to come out a lot sharper and give this handicap a good chance. Almagro is in great form, took the title last week and has made the final this week. Chela is playing well too, beat Wawrinka yesterday but had a little help from the scheduling. Will take my chances here.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February Soderling had a slow start and made his match kinda thriller, but fortunately Marin collapsed in the deciding set. Woz/Kuz was a no-sweater. With Raonic-Roddick match still pending in the parlay at odds 2.69, the question arises whether to convert it to free bet ON Roddick, free bet ON Raonic, guaranteed profit somewhere in between, or just let it roll. I did choose to convert it to free bet on Roddick and placed a 0.45 unit on Raonic to bt Roddick @Pinnacle 3.210 So if Roddick will be the champ I win 1,24 u, if Raonic beats Roddick I win nothing (and lose nothing).

Re: Tennis - 14-20 February One final bet for me this week which has been a good one. Andy Roddick vs Milos Raonic- Tie break to be played in match- 4/6 Bet365- (5/10) Only thing that interests me in this one. Looked into the overs as well but chances are if does go for the overs, there is more than likely going to be a tie break at some stage and being at better odds, I've leaned towards the tie break. Both huge servers and quite average returners in my opinion. Whenever I watch Roddick nowadays it's always clear to me that he's not the player he once was and without his monster serve, he wouldn't be in the top 10. During rallies he's always likely to drop a ball in mid court and give good opponents plenty of chances to finish the point off. Fortunately for the American, Raonic is almost an identical match of himself with a massive serve and a killer forehand. I say this is fortunate for Roddick because on serve, Raonic isn't likely to return a great deal of balls with the speed and depth of Roddick's service games. Same applies on Raonic's serve as we've seen in recent weeks, the likes of Ferrer who is a better returner than Roddick struggled to do anything on the Canadian's serve. Clash of the two serves in this one and I expect the points to be short and sweet, without many long rallies. Due to this, can see a 7-6 set at least once later on.

Sport Tennis Event Roddick v Raonic Selection No service breaks first 12 games Strength 10/10 Date 20/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.10 Reasoning Interesting market, I was going to go for this in the final last week but didn't, and of course it rolled in. It means an average of 1.0988 for each service hold, and that seems reasonable, with Roddick quite a bit shorter and Raonic maybe a bit longer. Both serve huge, and struggle a bit on return. Raonic again could be tired, but will surely put his big effort into the first set. Roddick will want to put down a marker again this kid, and really won't want to drop his serve against him. Good chance here I feel, and should be fun at least.
rolled in:ok

One final bet for me this week which has been a good one. Andy Roddick vs Milos Raonic- Tie break to be played in match- 4/6 Bet365- (5/10) Only thing that interests me in this one. Looked into the overs as well but chances are if does go for the overs, there is more than likely going to be a tie break at some stage and being at better odds, I've leaned towards the tie break. Both huge servers and quite average returners in my opinion. Whenever I watch Roddick nowadays it's always clear to me that he's not the player he once was and without his monster serve, he wouldn't be in the top 10. During rallies he's always likely to drop a ball in mid court and give good opponents plenty of chances to finish the point off. Fortunately for the American, Raonic is almost an identical match of himself with a massive serve and a killer forehand. I say this is fortunate for Roddick because on serve, Raonic isn't likely to return a great deal of balls with the speed and depth of Roddick's service games. Same applies on Raonic's serve as we've seen in recent weeks, the likes of Ferrer who is a better returner than Roddick struggled to do anything on the Canadian's serve. Clash of the two serves in this one and I expect the points to be short and sweet, without many long rallies. Due to this, can see a 7-6 set at least once later on.
WIN Never in doubt after Roddick saved the early break points. Really good end to the week and happy to sit back and enjoy this one. Great shout by Cramer as well with the no breaks in set :ok