** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL All Stars vs Indigenous All Stars

Lahrio

Well, we are getting closer and closer to the Rugby League season getting underway for yet another year, and one of the first trials is the All Stars game at Skilled Park. The NRL All stars consists of the Australian and NZ Captains and Vice Captains, 2 players chosen by the coach, and a player voted by the fans from every team. The Indigenous All Stars is a team consisting of the best Indigenous talent in the country. Either team to win by 6 or less @ 2.70 (BlueSq) Trials are never ideal to bet on, no matter what sport you are looking at, and therefore this will be a fairly small bet. Being a game played predominantly to encourage Aboriginal kids to work towards their dreams, I feel the officials will be looking to keep the match as even as possible. I know the angle of officials keeping the game close might not sit well with some of you, but I feel that the NRL is more worried about having an exiting spectacle in order to keep interest in the game over the coming years. That being said, the teams aren't exactly light years apart in terms of talent. The Indigenous side boasts a number of international players including Thurston, Lehroyd-Lahrs and Scott Prince. On the other hand, a number of world class players are absent from the NRL All Stars team due to the polling system or injury. It is a tough job for Wayne Bennett to coach a side given to him by the public, who are sometime very easily swayed in their opinions of players by the media. I expect a repeat of last year, and a close game with possibly a try right at the end winning the game. At the end of the day, I am more excited to have Rugby League back on my TV for another year. :ok