** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One

kevshat

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One 2 for me to begin with on the opening night. 3pts M.Webster to beat J.Wade 5/4 Stan James (DNB) I like Mark Webster in this match. I've gone into enough detail on my current thoughts on Wade in the outright thread so I don't really need to build on that here. I really rate Mark Webster. I'm a massive fan and I think this will be a massive year for the Welsh left hander. I wouldn't completely rule him out at a serious tilt at the title in this tournament if I'm honest. He's riding the crest of a wave at the minute too. He was runner up with Bates at the World Cup and looked like he could go all the way at Ally Pally before the emotions of beating Taylor may have got to him in the semi final. He wasn't overly brilliant at Doncaster at the weekend but at least he fought hard and nearly pulled a win out of the bag against Newton. Unlike Wade who folded pretty meekly. Webby won their two pro tour meetings in 2010 and I'll take him to start 2011's head to head with Wade off with a win too. He's the away player here though and it's his debut in the Premier League so I'll play safety first and go without the draw. 5pts G.Anderson vs S.Whitlock - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Skybet I'm pretty happy to be taking this line. I wouldn't expect this match to fall too far short of the 14 legs it's scheduled for and if we get that many Anderson could cover it himself the way he scores. Whitlock will definitely contribute towards this total though. He actually looked good at the weekend but walked into a sensational burst of arrers from Mervyn King which you can't do a lot about. He was hitting 180's for fun though. Whitlock slammed in 5 180's in a 6-1 win over Tony Eccles and then shoved 4 more in against Mervyn King in his 8-5 defeat to him. We know Anderson will score 180's. It's as certain as night follows day and as long as the occasion doesn't get the better of the pair of them I expect to see a lot more than 8 180's in what could go down as the match of the night.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One A recurring theme of my weekly bets will be based on the stat that more games are clinched on the victor's own throw than by breaking throw to win. For example, in 2010, there were 45 regular season victories. 30 of these were clinched by a player 'serving out', only 15 by a player breaking throw in the final leg of the match. This all means that there is more chance of the player throwing first winning to an odd number (8-5, 8-3, 8-1), and more chance of a player throwing second winning to an even number (6-8, 4-8, 2-8). Gary Anderson v Simon Whitlock 1pt Anderson 8-5 @ 7/1 Stan James 1.6pts Draw 7-7 @ 4/1 Stan James I fancy this match to be a close one, the heavy scoring of Anderson v the checkout ability of Whitlock. There's every chance we're going to the wire hear, and as such, just just favouring Anderson if there's to be a winner, I am covering the Scot to win by 1 break and also the draw. Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor 1.95pts Taylor 8-4 @ 6/1 0.9pts Taylor 8-2 @ 12/1 0.15pts Taylor 8-0 @ 80/1 I've highlighted my thoughts on both Lewis (taking him for bottom spot) and Taylor (taking him for top spot) in the Outrights thread, so no surprise that I fancy The Power to kick off his 2011 campaign with a win over his 'protege'. With Lewis having the honour of the throw first, I will take Taylor to 'serve out' the match having already broken Lewis at least twice.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One One more for me. 6pts A.Lewis Most 180's vs P.Taylor 10/11 Skybet If this is a 10/11 shot I can only assume Lewis is turning up with 2 darts. He's such the heavier scorer of these two it's untrue. He's put to bed his mental issue on the big stage against Taylor and Deller will have him bang up for this. I'll just about stop short of tipping a Lewis win but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the world champion did win this match. Often it happens that when you end a long losing run against a bogey player that you win a few on the trot and Lewis could easily do that. Whoever wins this match Lewis should be a lot shorter to hit the most 180's. Taylor's gone away and changed his darts and they don't look conducive to 180's to me. He didn't hit many for him in the world championships and that was the case at the weekend too. In a 25 leg final against Gary Anderson where high scoring was likely to be a major boost he hit just 3 180's. On that ratio he'll hit one in this match. Lewis beat Taylor 16-7 on 180's in their Grand Prix semi final and while this won't be won as easily, I do expect Lewis to hit the most 180's. He showed us in the world final, the biggest stage of his career, that he can hit 180's for fun. Ady Lewis is the real deal now and I fully expect him to beat the Power in the 180 hitting in their match tomorrow night.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One Premier league is back! :nana Here's my bets for tonights action: 2pts Mark Webster Highest match checkout over 100.50 @ 5/6 PaddyPower Webster was brilliant in the world championship taking out a lot of big checkouts and i think we'll see another one from him tonight. Only putting 2pts on it as i think he might be a bit nervous with this being his 1st involvement in the premier league. I think this could be a bet that makes us some money as the league progresses. 2pts Gary Anderson (-1.5 legs) @ 11/10 PaddyPower Anderson is in really good form atm having reached the final at the weekend in the players championship where he narrowly lost out to the power and also of course reaching the final of the world championship. He seems to have found his feet now in the PDC and i can see him going well in this format. I think he'll beat whitlock tonight probably 8-5 so i think this is a good bet. 1pt All games to go over 12.5 legs @ combined odds of 5.31/1 PaddyPower This looks like being the tighest premier league so far. So, i think all 8 players will be out to try and get off to a good start because they will know that trying to claw back a lead on this quality of field will be very difficult. Therefore, i think this bet is worth a punt. Best of luck all :hope

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One

Gary Anderson v Simon Whitlock 1pt Anderson 8-5 @ 7/1 Stan James 1.6pts Draw 7-7 @ 4/1 Stan James I fancy this match to be a close one, the heavy scoring of Anderson v the checkout ability of Whitlock. There's every chance we're going to the wire hear, and as such, just just favouring Anderson if there's to be a winner, I am covering the Scot to win by 1 break and also the draw.
Top call mate! :ok

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One Cracking stuff Kev, Samba and pakelly! 2/2 so far for the shatman 2/3 for pakelly and a correct score from Samba and only 2 matches into the first night! Going to be watching your little system with interest Samba... not something I'd ever thought of to be honest... whose throw the match winning leg is won on... but when you see the stats in black and white and add a little knowledge = 7/1 winner!!

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One

Premier league is back! :nana Here's my bets for tonights action: 2pts Mark Webster Highest match checkout over 100.50 @ 5/6 PaddyPower Webster was brilliant in the world championship taking out a lot of big checkouts and i think we'll see another one from him tonight. Only putting 2pts on it as i think he might be a bit nervous with this being his 1st involvement in the premier league. I think this could be a bet that makes us some money as the league progresses. 2pts Gary Anderson (-1.5 legs) @ 11/10 PaddyPower Anderson is in really good form atm having reached the final at the weekend in the players championship where he narrowly lost out to the power and also of course reaching the final of the world championship. He seems to have found his feet now in the PDC and i can see him going well in this format. I think he'll beat whitlock tonight probably 8-5 so i think this is a good bet. 1pt All games to go over 12.5 legs @ combined odds of 5.31/1 PaddyPower This looks like being the tighest premier league so far. So, i think all 8 players will be out to try and get off to a good start because they will know that trying to claw back a lead on this quality of field will be very difficult. Therefore, i think this bet is worth a punt. Best of luck all :hope
Profit of 2.87pts. Really good start by all. :cheers

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 - Week One Didn't realise that Phil Taylor had the flu & I don't think most folks did until Adrian Lewis mentioned it. Didn't notice much of support for Adrian Lewis before the match though. Saw support for Mark Webster to beat James Wade, and Gary Anderson to beat Simon Whitlock. Early days but you have to wonder about the temperament of James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld. Simon Whitlock looks in danger of being a one season wonder. The more Terry Jenkins is written off, the more he's determined to prove his doubters wrong.