** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Premier League 2011 Outright bets

kevshat

As it says on the tin guys. We'll have a thread for outright bets and then we'll have threads each week for the weekly stuff. I remember between the darts crew on PL we bagged some tasty outrights in this tournament last year and I'm sure we'll do it again over the next 14 weeks. I'm looking forward to this tournament. With the 8 players involved this has the makings of being the best ever I think. Fire away gentlemen :ok.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 Outright bets 2 outrights for me. I think I'm going to play the outright market in play so to speak as I did last year. 3pts A.Lewis Most Reg.Season 180's 11/4 Skybet Taking this bet with Skybet who are regular season only as opposed to Betfred who are paying out on the whole tournament. Working out possible playoff scenarios for the sake of 0.75pts ain't really worth it. I think this market is a match between Adrian Lewis and Gary Anderson. Whitlock is the only other one I'd have considered but he is too inconsistent whereas the two I've mentioned score heavy and consistently. So with this a two horse race in my mind it's worth looking into them in more detail. Lewis outscored Anderson in the world final which took some going and he's got the Premier League experience which could be a big factor. The crowds this tournament are played in front of are large and very vocal and take a bit of getting used to. Lewis knows how to work them now but with him being world champion I think he'll look to show those big crowds that he's a worthy world champion. There ain't a lot between these two in the 180 hitting really but with Lewis likely to be more at ease in the surroundings I'll take him to hit the most regular season 180's at 11/4. 1pt J.Wade to finish bottom 10/1 VC This isn't a bet I like to take but I think it offers a good deal of value. James Wade looks like he's fallen out of love with the game a bit at the minute. That defeat to Scott Waites or more the manner of it seems to have hurt him and hurt him a lot. Since then he's lost to Mensur Suljovic in the World Championship and then looked totally disinterested in the Players Championship finals. He was involved in an epic final of this last year but he only had 2 draws and 3 defeats from his first 5 matches but managed to make the playoffs. There's no weak player in this field though and if he starts badly again he could be playing catch up which will be nigh on impossible given the strength of the field. On his day Wade is a great player but we've seen him have spells when he isn't completely there and he's had his issues with the crowds in this event before too which may not help him. Terry Jenkins is a short priced favourite for this market but we saw with Ronnie Baxter last year that doesn't necessarily ensure the result. Jenkins is always competitive in matches and will win games he's not expected to. There were worrying signs in Doncaster last weekend for Wade fans I think and at 10/1 I'll take the Hampshire left hander to prop up this stellar field once the 14 weeks have been completed.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 Outright bets Hey mate, do you know if those bets are available at other books too? Skybet doesn't accept Dutch people, and VC closed my account. I looked on oddschecker, but I'm not sure about the 180's bet. I think WH might have it, but I am not sure if I am looking to the same bet!

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 Outright bets 4pts. Simon Whitlock NOT to qualify 5/4 Betfred In this field, which is probably the most evenly matched there has been in the Premier League, I definitely think there is a good 50/50 chance that the Wizard fails to make the top-4. Looking at the runners I fancy Taylor, Anderson and Wade to be around for the 'post-season', which leaves 5 players fighting over 1 spot - would Whitlock be 4/5 amongst those 5 in a straight shootout? I don't think so. 1pt. Adrian Lewis to finish bottom 12/1 Betfred World Champion he may well be, but we all know he's a moody bastd up there. When he is 'off' he is way off. Jackpot only won 4 of his 14 games last season, with only Jenkins finishing below him in the final reckoning. Lewis didn't feature in the 2009 event, and despite finishing 4th in 2008 he only won 4 of his 14 games then too. That 2008 field was way weaker than this 2011 one. Lewis' debut season in the PL was in 2007, when he again finished 2nd bottom, and won just 5. 13 Premier League wins from 42 Premier League games and his penchant for 'not turning up' makes the 12/1 available seem like the best available value in this market to my eyes. 5pts Phil Taylor to top the league 7/4 sportingbet Put simply, this is the 7th season of Premier League darts and Phil Taylor has topped the regular season standings in each of the previous 6. His perceived air of invincibility may have been stripped away, giving others genuine belief they can topple him, but that is reflected in an odds-against quote for this market. In 2009 he had an almighty wobble in the regular season, yet still finished atop the standings, then last year he thrashed 5 of this field by 10 points. I'd say there's a better than 50/50 chance he tops the standings this year, so 7/4? Yes, please.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 Outright bets

Hey mate' date=' do you know if those bets are available at other books too? Skybet doesn't accept Dutch people, and VC closed my account. I looked on oddschecker, but I'm not sure about the 180's bet. I think WH might have it, but I am not sure if I am looking to the same bet![/quote'] Yep the 180's bet is the same with Hills. Coral are 10/1 on Wade finishing bottom too :ok.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Darts: Premier League 2011 Outright bets One more for me. 1pt ew T.Jenkins to win Premier League 200/1 Skybet (1/3 1,2) I fully accept I could have thrown away 2pts here but unless Terry Jenkins has lost his right arm suddenly there's no way he's 200/1 to win this event. Not even close. In fact, even if he has lost his right arm he ain't a 200/1 shot cos he's still got his left arm. Although he's just copped a couple of royal beatings in this event and looked rotten, Jenkins is still only 2pts away from the playoff places. Admittedly his goal difference is shit but he's got to win matches to qualify so that will take care of itself. Jenkins has lost to Anderson, Taylor and Whitlock. Ok he lost all three but he's got them out of the way and now he can set about beating those a bit closer to him in standard in Webster, Wade and Lewis to build a bit of confidence up. When he's on song which he hasn't been in this league so far, he can be a match for anyone as his record against Taylor suggests. If this was like any normal tournament where he had to finish in the top 2 to get paid out I wouldn't touch it but if he can sneak into 4th spot, of which he's 2pts away from and playing the occupant next week, then he's 67/1 to win a semi final. I don't care if he's playing the robot from Short Circuit throwing 3 hedgehogs he still ain't 67/1 to win a first to 8 match whatever the circumstances. These odds are stupid and so I'll pay to see if Jenkins can make them pay.

One more for me. 1pt ew T.Jenkins to win Premier League 200/1 Skybet (1/3 1,2) I fully accept I could have thrown away 2pts here but unless Terry Jenkins has lost his right arm suddenly there's no way he's 200/1 to win this event. Not even close. In fact, even if he has lost his right arm he ain't a 200/1 shot cos he's still got his left arm. Although he's just copped a couple of royal beatings in this event and looked rotten, Jenkins is still only 2pts away from the playoff places. Admittedly his goal difference is shit but he's got to win matches to qualify so that will take care of itself. Jenkins has lost to Anderson, Taylor and Whitlock. Ok he lost all three but he's got them out of the way and now he can set about beating those a bit closer to him in standard in Webster, Wade and Lewis to build a bit of confidence up. When he's on song which he hasn't been in this league so far, he can be a match for anyone as his record against Taylor suggests. If this was like any normal tournament where he had to finish in the top 2 to get paid out I wouldn't touch it but if he can sneak into 4th spot, of which he's 2pts away from and playing the occupant next week, then he's 67/1 to win a semi final. I don't care if he's playing the robot from Short Circuit throwing 3 hedgehogs he still ain't 67/1 to win a first to 8 match whatever the circumstances. These odds are stupid and so I'll pay to see if Jenkins can make them pay.
:rollin Worth it's weight in gold! Got a real way with words Kev.. And that had me pi**ing myself!!

• 2 months later...

4pts. Simon Whitlock NOT to qualify 5/4 Betfred 1pt. Adrian Lewis to finish bottom 12/1 Betfred 5pts Phil Taylor to top the league 7/4 sportingbet
Been busy the last few Thursdays and missed the action, but both my main overalls came in easily enough :) 10pts staked, 22.75pts returned :nana