Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - February 7-13

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

ryan harrison to beat bjorn phau at 5-6 paddypower 2 points Sweeting is in good form! he's a very determined ambitious young american playerr that seems to have a real drive and lust for the game! Basically he can play all court tennis...he has no huge weapons but no glaring weaknesses either and he has a good temperment for the game! i feel he has enough about him to beat the inconsistent phau who bar one big win against gasquet earlier in the year when he came from a set and two breaks down, hasn't really got much form...and he basically tends to have concentration issues and his if ya put him under pressure his running forehand in particularly is quite suspect! harrison will be motivated, has had a week's rest since his challenger win last week and will want the chance to play in the maindraw of an event like morgan and keenan in front of home support!
great call i was sweating abit when he lost his 1st service game in the 3rd set but demolised phau in the tie break great call thanks gl all

great call i was sweating abit when he lost his 1st service game in the 3rd set but demolised phau in the tie break great call thanks gl all
actually mate, my tip was form yesterday in the harrison - phau match...it was a rtypo error and actually turned out to be a loser! happy that you got a winner out of my mistake though...though any time a player's been tipped up and he wins on a 3rd set tie-break I would tend to consider it a lucky escape more so than a great call!! well...glad you won the money at least

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Apologies to all who followed my tips from yesterday! I can't remember ever tipping 3 losers in a row before so as you can imagine I was fair depressed from yesterdays events... just not enough solid form to go by really i suppose...will learn from the mistakes and come back with some winners this week hopefully!

Apologies to all who followed my tips from yesterday! I can't remember ever tipping 3 losers in a row before so as you can imagine I was fair depressed from yesterdays events... just not enough solid form to go by really i suppose...will learn from the mistakes and come back with some winners this week hopefully!
smeg, don't beat yourself up about losers, we all have them. Trick is to come back stronger, which I'm sure you will :ok

-5 for me - silly to bet on Hewitt really, very limited player who is clearly nearing retirement. Becoming a bit of a journeyman really. One for today: 4pts Kvitova 2-0 x x Clijsters 2-0 xTsonga @3/1 with Bet365
Win. Takes overall profit to +7 units. One for the final tonight, 7pts Verdasco to beat Raonic 2-0 @evens with B365. Not sure if this is the best price about, but it is where my money is currently tied up. Simply put, I think that Verdasco is the classier player here with plenty more experience on his side. Good things can be expected of Raonic in the months/years to come and it looks as if this will be his breakout year. He has a money serve, but imo that will not be enough against the Spaniard tonight. Verdasco himself looks in pretty decent nick after taking out Del Potro in 2. He is definitely the more consistent in rallies, and if he can get the serve back well enough he should control most points. Only way Raonic takes a set imo is if he gets a very high amount of first serves in. With nerves/experience playing a part, I'm willing to chance that he will struggle and will ultimately suffer the same fate as Dolgopolov did against Almagro - bow out comfortably to the better player.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 My final bet for the week. (3/10) F.Verdasco (-3) to bt. M.Raonic @ 1.98 at Pinnacle This looks like a good line. Verdasco is riding on a wave on confidence and he already beat a huge server in Ivo Karlovic. The Croat then played an exhibition and beat Milos Raonic in two tie-breaks. Without a doubt, Verdasco is the player that will dominate the rallies. The only question is whether he can cope with the huge serve Raonic has. And I think he can. He had to face some big servers already and should continue his run here. The title is for taking here.

My final bet for the week. (3/10) F.Verdasco (-3) to bt. M.Raonic @ 1.98 at Pinnacle This looks like a good line. Verdasco is riding on a wave on confidence and he already beat a huge server in Ivo Karlovic. The Croat then played an exhibition and beat Milos Raonic in two tie-breaks. Without a doubt, Verdasco is the player that will dominate the rallies. The only question is whether he can cope with the huge serve Raonic has. And I think he can. He had to face some big servers already and should continue his run here. The title is for taking here.
I'm taking the same bet. I expect Verdasco to get past Raonic with the handicap as Verdasco's in great form and hasn't dropped a set this week (and passed the -3 handicap in every match). Raonic is in his first ATP final and he could come out hyped up for it, or being nervous and uptight. Should be an interesting final, one that we'll find out more about Raonic's mental make-up.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 I'm going for -2.5 at a lower price just for safety incase of a 6-4 7-6. Verdasco -2.5 games over Raonic @ 8/11 (Paddy Power:5pts) Verdasco playing great this week and although he's always prone to a lapse in concentration I think he'll take this final well. Raonic has produced some impressive results in the last month but has benefitted this week from a Monfils retirement to get here...would have been a tough one for him. No doubt the fella has game...huge serve and forehand but I wonder how he'll fare in such a big match....inexperience could prove costly here as we seen with Dolgo yesterday. Verdasco's game seem to be working...forehand is firing, can return well at times too so get a look on a few service games and of course has a superior ground game so will control most longer rallies. Verdasco to take the title. GL!