** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - February 7-13

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

Bet365 are so lazy not bothering with handicaps, so frustrating when I look at what Pinnacle are offering. Anyways, finally taken one outright this week. Petra Kvitova to win Paris each way- 7/1 Bet365- (2/10) Only worth looking at the bottom half of the draw in this one as Clijsters is in the top half and is an almost guarantee to make the final, but she's around the 2.5 mark which is crazy for an outright. Therefore see some value in Petra here who is more than capable of putting a run together to continue her good form at the start of this year. She already won the title in Brisbane a few weeks back, and despite pulling out of the following tournament in Sydney, she was impressive in the AO open before falling to Zvonareva in the quarters. However there is nobody in her half of the draw who she can't and perhaps shouldn't beat. The seeds of Sharapova, Wickmayer and Petkovic are in the bottom half but she'll only have to beat 2 of them and perhaps only one. She shouldn't be tested until at least the quarters here. She's got a qualifier in the first round, which would set up a second round meeting with either Pironkova or Strycova who Kvitova has a 100% record against both. She should cruise through that hopefully and then she'll probably have Wickmayer in the quarters. That could be her toughest test but think she should take that one. Despite Wickmayer's 3-1 H2H record, she's lost to the likes of Arn and Sevastova this year who aren't the best of players and the Belgian can often become stuck on the indoor courts so would fancy Kvitova to edge that one. If all goes to plan then and she gets through to the semis, have her down to play Petkovic, who I see winning that quarter over Sharapova who is dreadful at the minute. Kvitova's already beaten the German this year to claim her title and has won all 3 meetings on the hard/indoor hard courts. Would expect her by this time to be playing with some freedom and confidence and with that psycholgical advantage which Petkovic struggles with, to make it 4/4 on the hard courts and face Clijsters in the final. A final place would give a decent profit and as we all know, a one-off match can always throw up the odd suprise as we saw last week.
WIN Pretty easy week for her. A monster 3 hour marathon against Strycova in round two, followed by Wickmayer serving for the match at 30-0 in the quarters. :loon Funnily enough her most comfortable victories came in the semis and in the final against Clijsters no less. She was extremely impressive today and it's only a matter of time before she makes the top 10 and perhaps the top 5 in the not so distant future. Soderling came through for Atko as well so a couple of winners in the thread as well as Dolgopolov for Atko and Czech. Hugely profitable thread this week, long may it continue. :ok

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Sport Tennis Event Hlavackova v Watson Selection Watson Strength 10/10 Date 13/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.10 Reasoning I think Watson is worth a back tonight at odds against. She's getting better all the time and has done well here already with a couple of comfortable wins in qualifying. I think her level is higher than Hlavackova at the moment and another chance here to impress at WTA level. Hlavackova is quite average, likes playing indoors, but I think Watson will take her tonight.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Sport Tennis Event King v Rybarikova Selection Rybarikova Strength 10/10 Date 13/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.05 Reasoning Quite like Rybarikova here. She's got a good game to play indoors and I think will match up good against King. She's got a nice serve and on return I think she does enough to hurt King. King is a tough player to read as she plays quite different. Neither have done much so far this year but I favour Rybarikova slightly.

ryan harrison to beat bjorn phau at 5-6 paddypower 2 points Sweeting is in good form! he's a very determined ambitious young american playerr that seems to have a real drive and lust for the game! Basically he can play all court tennis...he has no huge weapons but no glaring weaknesses either and he has a good temperment for the game! i feel he has enough about him to beat the inconsistent phau who bar one big win against gasquet earlier in the year when he came from a set and two breaks down, hasn't really got much form...and he basically tends to have concentration issues and his if ya put him under pressure his running forehand in particularly is quite suspect! harrison will be motivated, has had a week's rest since his challenger win last week and will want the chance to play in the maindraw of an event like morgan and keenan in front of home support!
great call i was sweating abit when he lost his 1st service game in the 3rd set but demolised phau in the tie break great call thanks gl all

great call i was sweating abit when he lost his 1st service game in the 3rd set but demolised phau in the tie break great call thanks gl all
actually mate, my tip was form yesterday in the harrison - phau match...it was a rtypo error and actually turned out to be a loser! happy that you got a winner out of my mistake though...though any time a player's been tipped up and he wins on a 3rd set tie-break I would tend to consider it a lucky escape more so than a great call!! well...glad you won the money at least

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Apologies to all who followed my tips from yesterday! I can't remember ever tipping 3 losers in a row before so as you can imagine I was fair depressed from yesterdays events... just not enough solid form to go by really i suppose...will learn from the mistakes and come back with some winners this week hopefully!

Apologies to all who followed my tips from yesterday! I can't remember ever tipping 3 losers in a row before so as you can imagine I was fair depressed from yesterdays events... just not enough solid form to go by really i suppose...will learn from the mistakes and come back with some winners this week hopefully!
smeg, don't beat yourself up about losers, we all have them. Trick is to come back stronger, which I'm sure you will :ok

-5 for me - silly to bet on Hewitt really, very limited player who is clearly nearing retirement. Becoming a bit of a journeyman really. One for today: 4pts Kvitova 2-0 x x Clijsters 2-0 xTsonga @3/1 with Bet365
Win. Takes overall profit to +7 units. One for the final tonight, 7pts Verdasco to beat Raonic 2-0 @evens with B365. Not sure if this is the best price about, but it is where my money is currently tied up. Simply put, I think that Verdasco is the classier player here with plenty more experience on his side. Good things can be expected of Raonic in the months/years to come and it looks as if this will be his breakout year. He has a money serve, but imo that will not be enough against the Spaniard tonight. Verdasco himself looks in pretty decent nick after taking out Del Potro in 2. He is definitely the more consistent in rallies, and if he can get the serve back well enough he should control most points. Only way Raonic takes a set imo is if he gets a very high amount of first serves in. With nerves/experience playing a part, I'm willing to chance that he will struggle and will ultimately suffer the same fate as Dolgopolov did against Almagro - bow out comfortably to the better player.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 My final bet for the week. (3/10) F.Verdasco (-3) to bt. M.Raonic @ 1.98 at Pinnacle This looks like a good line. Verdasco is riding on a wave on confidence and he already beat a huge server in Ivo Karlovic. The Croat then played an exhibition and beat Milos Raonic in two tie-breaks. Without a doubt, Verdasco is the player that will dominate the rallies. The only question is whether he can cope with the huge serve Raonic has. And I think he can. He had to face some big servers already and should continue his run here. The title is for taking here.

My final bet for the week. (3/10) F.Verdasco (-3) to bt. M.Raonic @ 1.98 at Pinnacle This looks like a good line. Verdasco is riding on a wave on confidence and he already beat a huge server in Ivo Karlovic. The Croat then played an exhibition and beat Milos Raonic in two tie-breaks. Without a doubt, Verdasco is the player that will dominate the rallies. The only question is whether he can cope with the huge serve Raonic has. And I think he can. He had to face some big servers already and should continue his run here. The title is for taking here.
I'm taking the same bet. I expect Verdasco to get past Raonic with the handicap as Verdasco's in great form and hasn't dropped a set this week (and passed the -3 handicap in every match). Raonic is in his first ATP final and he could come out hyped up for it, or being nervous and uptight. Should be an interesting final, one that we'll find out more about Raonic's mental make-up.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 I'm going for -2.5 at a lower price just for safety incase of a 6-4 7-6. Verdasco -2.5 games over Raonic @ 8/11 (Paddy Power:5pts) Verdasco playing great this week and although he's always prone to a lapse in concentration I think he'll take this final well. Raonic has produced some impressive results in the last month but has benefitted this week from a Monfils retirement to get here...would have been a tough one for him. No doubt the fella has game...huge serve and forehand but I wonder how he'll fare in such a big match....inexperience could prove costly here as we seen with Dolgo yesterday. Verdasco's game seem to be working...forehand is firing, can return well at times too so get a look on a few service games and of course has a superior ground game so will control most longer rallies. Verdasco to take the title. GL!