** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Contrary to popular belief, tennis does continue outside of the Slams :lol Three men's tournaments for us to get our teeth into this week. We have our first clay event in the Chilean capital of Santiago, an ATP 250 event, where David Nalbandian is the top seed. The 250 indoor event in Zagreb rocks up, where Marin Cilic is top seed. That's played on the rather industrial-looking RuKortHard. It's a tournament that often throws up peculiar results, and I expect this year to be no different. The final men's event is another 250, in South Africa, where top seed Feliciano Lopez looks to defend his crown against a pretty average-looking field. No-one inside the Top 30 is present to play on the outdoor hard courts there. As far as I can work out, the women are on holiday this week, so no WTA events for us. For those who like a wee Challenger punt, we have three events there too, all on a hard court, in Burnie, Kazan and Courmayeur.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (7/10) I.Dodig-M.Granollers-Dodig @ 1.70 Dodig is one of the promising Croatian players,should get at least the second round,played well in good shape,Marcel has a good service but there is no game.Dodig should get this match,played at home and it is expected to win.Marcel not psychologically strong enough and it should decide this match.:hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Got Brands/Karlovic OVER22.5 games @ 1.935, 5 minutes ago. Price gone down to 1.7 already!! Brands vs Karlovic OVER 22.5 games @ 1.935 (Pinnacle:6pts) Unless Brands tanks this one its hard to see it failing to go over. Brands just finished the challenger even at Heilbronn...lost the final to Knittel 7-6 7-6...but decent week for him beating Berrer who can be tricky on indoor hard. This match with Ivo is scheduled for Tuesday so he should be OK....both players all about serve, not great on return...fast surface. Over should be good here as long as Brands came to play. GL!

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Was waiting for the overs price in that one but of course haven't got a Pinny account so still waiting to see what I can get. In the meantime taken one outright, and might take Tipsarevic with the outright later on. Adrian Mannarino to win SA Open- 11/1 Bet365- (2/10- E/W) The young Frenchman has shown some promise at the start of this season, already beating the likes of Clement, Monaco and Harrison, whilst troubling Gasquet and Almagro at stages in their respective matches. Last season he played the majority of his matches on the hard surfaces, and this is indeed where he had his best results, making 4 finals, and even winning 2 of these. Although these were only challenger events, as a youngster, this is extremely impressive and he managed to qualify for the US open main draw, and even managed a first round win against Riba. Many are tipping this guy as the new French superstar and this could be the year where he matures and comes on. If we look at the draw he faces, he's in the same half as Lopez. Schuettler and Anderson, hence the big odds. But in reality, chances are if all goes as expected, he'll play the Spaniard in the quarters, then one of the other two in the semis, with a chance of playing Tipsarevic most probably in the final. If he does indeed play Lopez in the quarters, he will certainly have a chance there. Lopez's form at the back end of last season and the start of this has been poor. Lost to Tomic last week in the Aussie Open and was also beaten by Anderson easily this year. With regards to Anderson and Rainer, Mannarino beat Anderson in their last meeting and would expect him to beat Schuettler these days. Think Adrian will look at his draw and know he can do some damage here. Think it's worth a punt at those odds though.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Got Brands/Karlovic OVER22.5 games @ 1.935, 5 minutes ago. Price gone down to 1.7 already!! Brands vs Karlovic OVER 22.5 games @ 1.935 (Pinnacle:6pts) Unless Brands tanks this one its hard to see it failing to go over. Brands just finished the challenger even at Heilbronn...lost the final to Knittel 7-6 7-6...but decent week for him beating Berrer who can be tricky on indoor hard. This match with Ivo is scheduled for Tuesday so he should be OK....both players all about serve, not great on return...fast surface. Over should be good here as long as Brands came to play. GL!
You've got the value there bud. Can't even hit it now as it's O23 at 1.781. That bet will come up unless one of them learns how to return.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 What a week. All these events hold serious perils for the punter. The clay event in Chile is going to be difficult as there's very little form to go with on that surface. Jo'burg looks messy in terms of R1, and I'd say the same for Zagreb. Probably a few small bets kicking around but for the moment, this is what I'm on for the outrights. - Marin Cilic to win Zagreb each way at 3.25 with Stan James (4/10) - Lukas Lacko to win Zagreb each way at 29.00 with Stan James (1/10) Surprised to see Cilic this side of 3.00 to be honest. He's defending his title and looks to be returning to a modicum of form in Melbourne, reaching the last 16 where he lost to Nadal. His draw looks straightforward enough to me - Kunitysn in R2 is someone he should take care of, and Stepanek is so erratic against semi-decent players these days, I'd have to against him. I have him down to meet Kukushkin in the semis - don't see Gasquet, the seed, having a huge impact on a quick surface - and Cilic should take care of him too. A miniscule profit would be made on him making the final, which is good enough for me. He's a home, playing in front of his fans, defending his title and as top seed will get preferential treatment in terms of when he plays, etc. Can see a big week from him. As for Lacko, he's in the bottom half of the draw but is a wee threat, in my book. Played some good tennis in his last two matches against Nadal and Federer and will have undoubtedly learned a lot. He's got plenty of ammo with his serve and forehand and is a plucky player. Bottom half of the draw is loaded with big players - Karlovic, Ljubicic and Garcia-Lopez - but he won't be fazed by any. He's beaten Ljubicic before and has more power and consistency than the other two. In quick conditions, that's a huge advantage. He should take care of Ilhan in R1, and then it's Garcia-Lopez in R2. Now, I can see him battering the Spaniard off the court. Petzschner is my QF opponent, who again I think he can beat a year on from two tight losses to him. A semi-final, probably against Ljubicic, would be a tough test, but Ljubicic isn't getting any younger and is starting to creak. Obviously a high risk bet, but at the odds, and considering his potential, he's worth a punt in a tournament where generally the unexpected happens. - Thomaz Bellucci to win Santiago each way at 6.00 with Stan James (2/10) - Santiago Giraldo to win Santiago each way at 15.00 with Stan James (1/10) This is obviously a very tricky tournament to call but I'm going to plump for these two to be contesting the final this time next week. Bellucci is the defending champion from last year so will be motivated to win this. He's in the bottom half of the draw, where the better players are, but his route to the semis looks uncomplicated to me. He's got enough to beat Volandri (R1) and Machado (R2) and his scheduled QF opponent would be Fognini, who is talented but all too fragile. Semis, well, probably looking at either Monaco or Robredo, but they have tougher runs. Bellucci beat Robredo a few weeks ago on a surface he doesn't like, while Monaco has fitness doubts and has lost to Bellucci before. I can see the Brazilian making the final. Forget his previous form Down Under, he's a different man on clay, probably a top 20 player, so I feel he can do it. The obvious threat is Nalbandian, but there are serious question marks over his fitness after he retired in Melbourne. I've picked Giraldo to come out of the chasing pack here. He's got a qualifier in R1 and then either Schwank or Andreev in R2, both players he can out-hit with a devastating forehand. Same applies to Chela, who he beat with power alone. Even against someone like Nalbandian he could out-hit. Giraldo showed great clay form in Rome last year, beating Ferrero and Kohlschreiber, so he can play on this surface, and he's started the year fairly well on the hard. Happy to chance him. - Kevin Anderson to win Johannesburg each way at 5.00 with Stan James (3/10) - Janko Tipsarevic to win Johannesburg each way at 5.00 with Stan James (3/10) Real banger of a tournament this. I like Anderson for a few reasons. He'll be desperate to win a tournament on home soil and he's readily improved in the last 12 months. An outdoor hard court seems to be his forte these days and his route - Bohli, Sela, Schuettler, Lopez - to the final doesn't seem too taxing to me. Sela and Lopez look the big dangers but he's more consistent than those two on serve and can now play off the ground too. Lopez to me is looking a spent force compared to days of yore, while Sela offers too many presents on serve. Anderson has that huge delivery to garner cheap points, and I think he'll be on the premises next week. In the bottom half of the draw, I fancy Tipsarevic to get there. Granted, he's never won a tournament, but he's more than capable of doing so. His route to the final, for me, looks like Huta Galung, Klaasen, de Voest and either Serra or Raonic, who are more than beatable. There is a class difference between the Serb and the rest in that half of the draw, and I'd expect him to come through that. Mental demons seem to be the only this in his way but he'll look at this draw and fancy it. Would be a toss-up between him and Anderson in a final, but I reckon they'll both be there. :hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Florian Mayer -4.5H vs Franko Å kugor - 1.909 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Personally expected a higher handicap, locals here in Croatia will probably have -5.5 @ 1.85 by tommorow morning. Expect Mayer to cruise. Å kugor is nowdays just an average challenger player with some success during clay season last year on ATP tour. If Florian isn't here on vacation he should cover handicap quite easily. Å kugor game is more suited for clay (he's slow, so fast court with limited sliding unlike clay could be a problem) and as far I remember him from croatian tournaments he isn't some great returner so Mayer should't have some serious problem with his serve. These two met already on hardcourt and Mayer won 6-2 6-4. Off to match tommorow. GL!

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Agree with Atko on a lot and will have two outrights myself. I will not be mentioning pts, just confidence, as that seems to be the most indicative way. (3/10) Ivan Ljubicic to win Zagreb EW (1,2 1/2) @ 7.00 at Stan James Ljubicic is at home, which is always a factor in this tournament, as Croatians tend to do well here. His route looks easy enough for me to go on these odds which guarantee a profit even if he just reaches the final. He has the serve and also the mental consistence that is needed to win it here. The route is quite acceptable too, so I am happy with these odds. (5/10) Janko Tipsarevic to win SA Open EW (1,2 1/2) @ 5.00 at Stan James He has his work cut out here until the final and none of his opponents are really his class if he decides to take things seriously. He is the third seed, but I nevertheless rate him higher than both Lopez and Lu, who have not shown a great deal this year. The odds are solid enough, he is the best player in the tournament for me and the only threat, Anderson, can meet him only in the finals.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Karlovic - Brands Selection Karlovic Strength 10/10 Date 01/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.50 Reasoning In my opinion Karlovic go to the next round, I don't see Brands win in this game. Karlovic play at home and defending QF from last year, supporters giving fir for this guy and Karlo feel great on the surfaces like this - really fast perfect for huge serve. Brands yesterday play Final in Heilbron non the slower surface and must be tired, one day break and match against Karlovic - is not good. Karlo leading 1-0 in H2H, won 2-0 in last year on Hard. --- Sport Tennis Event Anderson - Bohli Selection Anderson Strength 10/10 Date 01/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.35 Reasoning Anders is huge favourite in this game, I don't see any problems for this guy in this match. Anderson in last months show very good form, in this year play on the TOP30 level, Anderson target in this season is TOP20.. Anderson play at home and is one of the biggest favourite to take title here. Bohli back after injury and is without form, in last time don't show nothing special. Don't show tennis on the Anderson level, any doubts in this. Anderson easy --- Sport Tennis Event Lopez - Dancevic Selection Lopez Strength 10/10 Date 01/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.50 Reasoning In my opinion Lopez is clear favourite in this game, odds are not bad, I take it. Lopez spend last days in RPA, training and waiting for the best form. Lopez is very motivatied before this tournament because in last year won here and defending many points for the ranking, can't lost in this game. Johanesburg courts are very good for the Lopez tennis style. Dancevic in this moment is out of TOP250, this guy can't beat players on the Lopez level in my opinion, no with this form. Dancevic have only serve, but is without return, footwork etc. Lopez in two sets

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Rik De Voest to beat Stefano Galvani x Simon Greul to beat Thiago Alves @ 11/10 (BET 365) Strength: 4/10 In this week of potentially weird results, have decided to plump with average players beating other decidedly average players. South African Rik De Voest will be keen to impress in his home tournament and his recent form on hard court should good enough to win his opening round match. He lost a close match to Lukos Rosol last week - who has reached the final in Singapore so must be playing well - and was fairly competitive in losing to Kavcic in the Aussie qualies, who went to have a very good tournament. He's up against Italian veteran Galvani - a journyman who's better results have come on clay. At 33, he could also be tired after coming through two qualifying matches. Voest should take care of him eventually. Simon Greul is a handy enough hard courter and disregarding his pitiful result last week indoors against Galung(conditions he barely plays in) he's beaten the likes of Brands and and Kukushkin in Sydney and pushed Juan Monaco hard in the Aussie Open, at least for the first two sets. His opponent Thiago Alves is an average player in poor form, and he comes into this as a lucky loser after losing his qualifier match yesterday. Greul should be too strong. :hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Last year I tried the underdog system in WTA Cremlin cup 1st round. This system requires to put 1 unit on every unerdog in the 1st round whose odds are higher than 2.5. In Cremlin cup 2010 this system generated nice profit. According to the stats, Zagreb indoors is the first 2011 ATP tournament where this system should work (at least it worked in 2008, 2009 and 2010), so I am putting some amount on it to prove the concept. Follow at your own risk. Skugor (CRO) vs Mayer (GER): Skugor @Pinnacle 5,140 Pospíšil (CZE) vs Kunitsin (RUS): Pospíšil @Pinnacle 3,170 Mektic (CRO) vs Berrer (GER): Mektic @Pinnacle 3,625 Petzschner (GER) vs Hájek (CZE): Hájek @Pinnacle 3,990 Lacko (SVK) vs Ilhan (TUR): Ilhan @Pinnacle 2,800 Brands (GER) vs Karlovic (CRO): Brands @Pinnacle 3,160 Granollers (ESP) vs Dodig (CRO): Granollers @Pinnacle 2,720

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Berrer v Mektic Selection Lay Mektic (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 31/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.68 Reasoning Berrer looks like a solid here to me. He's good on indoor courts, last week watched him a couple of times in challenger and he was playing ok. Last year in this tournament he was excellent, beating Tipsarevic, Troicki and Petzschner and taking a set off Cilic in the final. He also beat a home boy in the 2nd round so not worried about him v a Croatian here. He's several levels above Mektic, who has done very little on tour, and should get the job done here. Sport Tennis Event Chela v Aguilar Selection Lay Aguilar (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 31/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 4.03 Reasoning Can't see beyond Chela here. These two first first round of this tournament last year with Chela winning in 2 sets. This year Aguilar has been made to qualify and had a big struggle in the last match against another poor guy from Chela. Might have put his big effort into qualifying and I see Chela taking him comfortably. Sport Tennis Event L Mayer v Ramos-Vinolas Selection L Mayer Strength 10/10 Date 31/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.80 Reasoning Amazingly Mayer hasn't won a match since the French Open last year due to injuries and a bad loss of form. But it has to end some time and hitting the clay again a great chance for him to get going. Ramos-Vinolas is not near Mayers level when Mayer is playing ok, and Mayer must be really motivated to get a win. Ramos-Vinolas lost 6-0 6-1 in his first outing of the year last week to Acasuso in a challenger, so doesn't look like he's in great shape at the moment either.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Hey guys, I have just found this in my mail no idea who or what is that but I will post it here? What do you think about that? Here we go! Year 2011! The real season begun today for us, a lot of minor tournaments where to find lots of insiders. Everybody know that in long run to win in tennis betting with knowledge, statistics and betting on value is absolutely impossible, for that our must is to get inside the match. We are service that work on this since 2005 and each year we try to become bigger and bigger, thanks also to your help. Our first Insider like all the years will be free of charge and you all will enjoy with that. 31-01-2011 18:15 GMT Movistar Open 1st Round Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo VS Riccardo Mello Mello with some physical problems, he didn't practice yesterday at all and looking to our direct source he will be for the price money and the "buy out" Ramirez Hidalgo to bt. Mello 2.50 Odds for Extreme Confidence Tomorrow there will be a similar event, write us and don't miss it Working for you I'm Your Insider :eyes

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Robredo v Gil Selection Lay Gil (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 31/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.01 Reasoning Don't like Gil, don't think he's that good and sometimes his effort level is year poor. He's 1-0 H2H with Robredo which is a concern but it's one I'm willing to overlook. Robredo was playing good in Australia, I think he showed more than he did the whole of last season. After that, fancy he'll be ready to go in these clay events and should start off with a comfortable win.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sijsling I.- Wolmarans F. Selection Wolmarans F. Strength 10/10 Date 01/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65 Just backing a player in better form. This year Sijsling played 3 matches on hard court and without any success.At Australian Open (Q-1R) he lost to Udomchoke who is on ATP ranking: 458 player.So very very poor performance for Sijsling. Wolmarans is better prepared for this match,he has 3/3 on hard and with solid performance he is in advantage. I think Wolmarans is going to do it.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (8/10) S.Giraldo-F.Bagnis-Giraldo under 21 @ 1.89 Giraldo is a much better player than Bagnis,he is in good shape and has a tremendous forehand,should win this easily.Bagnis is a young player and can hardly do something.I put under 21 because it allows me to be the resault of 6-4 6-4,handicap is 4.5,it seems to me the better option to go under. (7/10) A.Mannarino-Y.Schukin-Mannarino under 21 @ 1.78 Mannarino played better and better and I think he is one of the favorites for the title.Schukin was in bad shape and does not play well,their last meeting was Mannarino won easily with a 6-4 6-3,and now Mannarino is even in better form and should make this easy to get. (6/10) P.Cuevas-J.Souza - Souza over 21 @ 1.92 Cuevas is a better player in better shape but Souza with his service may be in the game and maybe get a chance to win,Souza has already got Cuevas in a tough match,so I think it could happen again,it seems to me that it would be difficult match for Cuevas and three sets are possible. (3/10) P.Cuevas-J.Souza - Souza @ 3.58 I think its worth a try on a small amount,the match will be difficult and may be Souza had better luck and win this match. :hope:hope

Sport Tennis Event Berrer v Mektic Selection Lay Mektic (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 31/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.68 Reasoning Berrer looks like a solid here to me. He's good on indoor courts, last week watched him a couple of times in challenger and he was playing ok. Last year in this tournament he was excellent, beating Tipsarevic, Troicki and Petzschner and taking a set off Cilic in the final. He also beat a home boy in the 2nd round so not worried about him v a Croatian here. He's several levels above Mektic, who has done very little on tour, and should get the job done here. How (when) did you find such a price on Berrer :loon:loon:loon, there was nothing above 1,35 when I placed a bet... Lucky you if you wrote it correctly. Also for those afraid to play against Croat players in Zagreb. There are no fans, there is no any support and you can expect it only when Cilic plays. Karlovic is not so "popular" because some other things beside tennis... Regarding Ljubo, his motivation is not at highest level as he said before tournament that his main goal is to build form for American hard courts in March. If you find doubles somewhere, lay Cilic/Ivanisevic against any serious opponents as Ivanisevic can't run and there are also some problems with serve because of injuries. Until last moment he was doubtful to contest here. Their tactic is that Ivanisevic stays behind the base line and Cilic should jump all over the net. Seriously ;) I'm not anti croat, things are just like that at the moment.

Hey guys, I have just found this in my mail no idea who or what is that but I will post it here? What do you think about that? Here we go! Year 2011! The real season begun today for us, a lot of minor tournaments where to find lots of insiders. Everybody know that in long run to win in tennis betting with knowledge, statistics and betting on value is absolutely impossible, for that our must is to get inside the match. We are service that work on this since 2005 and each year we try to become bigger and bigger, thanks also to your help. Our first Insider like all the years will be free of charge and you all will enjoy with that. 31-01-2011 18:15 GMT Movistar Open 1st Round Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo VS Riccardo Mello Mello with some physical problems, he didn't practice yesterday at all and looking to our direct source he will be for the price money and the "buy out" Ramirez Hidalgo to bt. Mello 2.50 Odds for Extreme Confidence Tomorrow there will be a similar event, write us and don't miss it Working for you I'm Your Insider :eyes
It was not very good. He is working for the bookies maybe to make us lose?

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Blaz Kavcic v Mischa Zverev Zverer 2.62 b365 Surely this must be wrong. Zverev as underdog on indoor hardcourt? I don't understand anything. How can they put Kavcic as fav when his best surface is clay? The guy is not even croatian. He must be fav from his exploits down under when he got past first round beating Kevin Andersson that is not anything that impress me and make him fav here. He can play well on hardcourt too but Zverev is without question the better on indoor hard to me. Alex Bogomolov v Antonio Veic Veic 2.20 b365 I don't see how Bogomolov can be fav here. Veic is the homeplayer and Bogomolov rarely plays good anywhere except at home in USA sometimes. He was a disaster in Heilbronn last week when he played against Bachinger. Why expect anything more from Bogomolov then what he usually can achive. I trust the croatian to win this.

Last year I tried the underdog system in WTA Cremlin cup 1st round. This system requires to put 1 unit on every unerdog in the 1st round whose odds are higher than 2.5. In Cremlin cup 2010 this system generated nice profit. According to the stats, Zagreb indoors is the first 2011 ATP tournament where this system should work (at least it worked in 2008, 2009 and 2010), so I am putting some amount on it to prove the concept. Follow at your own risk. Skugor (CRO) vs Mayer (GER): Skugor @Pinnacle 5,140 LOSS Pospíšil (CZE) vs Kunitsin (RUS): Pospíšil @Pinnacle 3,170 pending Mektic (CRO) vs Berrer (GER): Mektic @Pinnacle 3,625 LOSS Petzschner (GER) vs Hájek (CZE): Hájek @Pinnacle 3,990 pending Lacko (SVK) vs Ilhan (TUR): Ilhan @Pinnacle 2,800 LOSS Brands (GER) vs Karlovic (CRO): Brands @Pinnacle 3,160 pending Granollers (ESP) vs Dodig (CRO): Granollers @Pinnacle 2,720 LOSS
no bet did hit on day 1, though Skugor was pretty close and Ilhan almost did it being a break up in the decider, but choked. Let's hope the rest of round 1 brings better results. Adding the matches with qualifiers: Å těpánek (CZE) vs Koubek (AUT): Koubek @Pinnacle 4,700 Kavcic (SLO) vs Zverev (GER): Zverev @Pinnacle 2,930 Bogomolov jr. (USA) vs Veic (CRO): Veic @Pinnacle 2,530 Marchenko (UKR) vs Lajovic (SRB): Lajovic @Pinnacle 3,820

Hey guys, I have just found this in my mail no idea who or what is that but I will post it here? What do you think about that? Here we go! Year 2011! The real season begun today for us, a lot of minor tournaments where to find lots of insiders. Everybody know that in long run to win in tennis betting with knowledge, statistics and betting on value is absolutely impossible, for that our must is to get inside the match. We are service that work on this since 2005 and each year we try to become bigger and bigger, thanks also to your help. Our first Insider like all the years will be free of charge and you all will enjoy with that. 31-01-2011 18:15 GMT Movistar Open 1st Round Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo VS Riccardo Mello Mello with some physical problems, he didn't practice yesterday at all and looking to our direct source he will be for the price money and the "buy out" Ramirez Hidalgo to bt. Mello 2.50 Odds for Extreme Confidence Tomorrow there will be a similar event, write us and don't miss it Working for you I'm Your Insider :eyes
my opinion is that paying for tips is the ultimate mistake a bettor can do and only victims pay someone believing he can predict the future(cause that s exaxtly what we re talking about) sorry but i had to say it

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Going to dip my toe into the swamp that is this week's tennis. Small stakes are strongly advised at this stage. - Florent Serra (vs Dustin Brown) @ 1.80 with Pinnacle (4/10) Serra has not been playing particularly well of late but this is a decent chance for him, and I'm happy to snap up the odds available. Serra is a better all-round player than Brown. He has better shot-selection, better consistency and better movement. Brown, who did well here last year, has an unorthodox style of play. Big serves and comes to net often but I fear for him when the points go beyond three or four shots. Serra has a decent chance to accumulate ranking points and if he can stay patient, which I believe he can, he'll get chances to take out the Jamaican. Serra win for me at odds that should be slightly lower, IMO. - Nicolas Massu (vs Ciao Zampieri) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle (4/10) Massu is not the player he once was but this is an entirely winnable tie for him. The Chilean is playing on home soil and is up against a guy ranked beneath him on 316. Zampieri is a South American challenger player who doesn't have a huge game. Massu has got the tricks and the shots to make it happen against a player he beat on clay, in Ecuador, last year. Neither man has a particularly huge serve so I can see a few breaks, but ultimately Massu has more on his racket. Might be tight but I can see Massu progressing. - Antonio Veic +2.5 games AH (vs Alexander Bogomolov Jnr) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (3/10) I think this offer is fairly generous on Veic. The Croat will have the benefit of the home crowd and has performed well here before, having made the quarter-finals two years ago. Neither man brings a great deal to the table in terms of competitive events but this is a winnable match of Veic. Bogomolov Jnr isn't a particularly convincing player away from the States and really toiled against Karanusic yesterday in qualifiers. This tournament does have a tendecny to favour Croats in recent years in such match-ups like this. Veic can certainly keep this close, so the handicap offers value there, although it wouldn't be surprising if Veic won this. - Under 21 games AH (Maximo Gonzalez vs Juan Monaco) @ 1.943 with Pinnacle (3/10) I'm going to chance the unders here. Monaco is a couple of levels above his compatriot on this surface. He leads the H2H 2-0 and has covered this line before against Gonzalez. Monaco made the final in Santiago last year so has plenty to play for, while Gonzalez is still coming back from injury. He's a decent sparrer off the deck but really struggles on serve. Monaco could quite easily get a break in each set and cling on to it, which should be enough to cover this line. It offers more value than the -4.5 game line, which is priced at 1.833, so I'm taking it. :hope