Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Well I'm going to open up with a 2nd round treble of what i think are value odds, Richie Burnett to beat Mark Dudbridge 11/4, he's capable if he's got his right head on, Jamie Harvey to beat Roland Scholten 11/4 another one who's capable if in right frame of mind, and Dennis Smith to beat Bob Anderson 10/11, though their odds are similar, smith's a class above if on form. These are just 3 i fancy where i think the odds are generous

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Now for the life of me I couldn't work out why Convery was only around 2/5 to beat Jun and frankly that scared me silly and there was a 7 pt profit to be made if you went spread-betting and bought at 12 with SPIN (10 pts for the win, 3 for each set won by so a maximum make-up of 19 pts). Hope it wa a big double you had, Gaz. :ok

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) It would be a big surprise if Williams beat Warriner. Wozza has been playing better over the last 6 months, and Williams hasn't done anything really since the UK Open 18 months ago. Short odds put me off, but I can't see anything other than a comfortable Warriner win.

John Lowe versus John Verwey Oh that was a cracker I've just witnessed. A classic ol' style pub match-up that went almost all the way to the deciding leg what with neither player being able to take control. Even John Lowe managing to get on-side with the occasional 180 couldn't shake off Verwey who was both miraculous (158 and 153 outshots) and crap. Colin Lloyd should be able to beat John Verwey on this form and will probably be something stupid (or reasonable depending on how you see things) like 1/16 to do so. Well done to all John Verwey backers. I didn't follow the in-running odds on Betfair but it was all over the place from 3/1 to 2/5 on Stan James. Well done Gaz. Hope you placed a Jones, Hamilton and Verwey treble amongst your correct score betting.

Colin Lloyd a general 1/16 to beat John Verwey! Stone me! I pluck a figure from the air (1/16) and most bookies go along with it. Ach! :loon Denis Ovens to beat Mark Holden with Sporting Index is on a (3-6) index with 10 points for a win and 3 points per set won by. It's a heck of a steep slope if you support Holden but Ovens wins though. :( Denis never does seem to perform well on TV as you rightfully point out and has been beaten by the likes of Paul Williams recently. The only question for me is perhaps Holden's stamina. Holden's quick pace versus Denis' steady slow pace could be quite off-putting. ....and speaking of Paul Williams. I'm fearful for wanting to back Alan Warriner (and at short odds) against him as he's lost twice in two last 64 match-ups in the last month against Michael Bernard (who?! This guy did beat Kevin Painter in a Dutch tourney a few weeks prior though) and Les Hodkinson. Maybe I can't read too much into it as they were different formats and played in Scotland. We've seen minor miracles from Alan Warriner, not least when he came from from the proverbial dead from 3-0 down to beat John Lowe 4-3 at this stage last year. Mind you, at the same tournament when Alan gets beat in the first round by an 'unknown', Paul Williams gets beat 3-0 in the next round by some guy called Barry Bates (!?). Ah Christ, I want to put my money on Alan Warriner. :lol

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

Managed to convince myself that i'd be a mug to go on the correct scores. Happy with the 3 singles though! :D Aswell as Walsh and Sams that i've already said, i'm going to have 3 more. Mark Holden to beat Denis Ovens @ 5/4 (Stan James) Holden has been playing some good stuff, and having had 2 games will be used to the stage. Ovens is known for not playing at 100% on TV, and I think Holden could take advantage of that. Gerry Convery to beat John Part @ 7/2 (Bet365) I think Part is worth opposing this year. I wasn't thinking i'd do it in the 3rd round, but Convery has impressed me and he could take him out. Again, Convery having 2 games already could be a factor. Josephus Schenk to beat Peter Manley @ 4.33 (Bet365) Manley doesn't like 1st games. He also has been vocal against having to play someone who has already had 2 games. Schenk is another who has impressed me, and unless Manley is on his game he could be heading for the exit early.
No offence, Gaz! But are you posting simply for the sake of posting? The lot you tipped are shite - Walsh went down 2-4, Ovens went down 1-4, Convery went down 1-4 and as I write, Sams is pissing about down 1-3. If anything, the favourites of those ties from your picks look decent shoo-in value! :rollin

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) "no offence meant" edtkh, but you are an argumentative and annoying arse. in gazblades defence each of the picks were outsiders and I suspect were made because they were seen as value. I watched most of the games andmy view was that convery played well and would have beat many a player on his day unfortunately for him Part was on form. As for Sams yes he was poor but to be honest Priestly was terrible too, so you could argue there was value in opposing Priestly. I think to most sensible people at those prices you would see the selections as speculative granted they fell flat however to now come in after the event and claim the favourites were value is taking the piss and you know it. If they were value or if gazzs bests were so poor why did you not post so at the time...;)

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Edtkh, Posts like yours above discourage new people from joining and sharing their thoughts. I have no idea if Gaz is a good tipster or not on the sport of darts but I do know that his contribution is welcomed by all the mods at the PL. If you know anything about betting you should know that making fun out of a punters losing bet is a big "no, no". Gaz you carry on mate. People will make up their own mind wether to follow your tips. As you say your record is there to be examined on a long term basis.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Edtkh, check sports punter and you'll see what Gaz is about when it comes to darts. -

Total Stakes321.00ptsAverage Back Price45.92
Total Profit270.00ptsAverage Lay Pricen/a
Strike Rate52.63%
Yield84.11%
I come here to read his tips and analysis while every darts tournmant is on and your comments could lose us one of our best members and tipsters, terrible comments. He didnt deserve that at all.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) In fact, I'll suspend that week ban, and give you the chance to apologise. Looking back through your posts edtkh, I can't see you putting your neck on the line hardly ever, yet you are always asking for advice. That kind of post pisses me off in a big way, and I will not have it on PL. :@

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Like I'd said, it wasn't meant to be a personal attack of any sort - take that whatever way you want, guys! And I'm certainly not saying how much better I am than anyone with that post. Taking it harshly, it was nothing more than a pop at Gaz's picks - and not at Gaz personally - at worst. Put it this way, all I said was the lot Gaz tipped are shite - and I stand by that. Gaz, it's precisely because of your record that I asked if you posted for the sake of doing so because the picks you'd posted in your last few posts are clearly uncharacteristic of your knowledge and record on darts tipping. I don't suppose you'd argue the last predictions of yours were clearly not among your better ones - even if those picks had been on outsiders. And for Christ sake, don't let this 'argumentative and annoying arse' put you off posting with my remarks! :tongue2 dprovan, you're probably right in saying what you did with regards to backing outsiders. As punters, I guess it's fair to say most of us back outsiders for value(although that remains just our assumption in Gaz's case) as much as anything, but if you consider remarks like "Sams seems to have got over his back troubles, and I fancy him to win this without too much bother" in the context of what eventually happened, I don't suppose it's too helpful, is it? And as you pointed out yourself, losing to a 'terrible Priestley' hardly justifies picking Sams at evens(or 11/10), does it? On a sidenote, assuming you had backed those 4 Gaz suggested, you'd need at least 1(specifically of Schenk or Part) to come in just to rake a small profit - is that still value? In your defence, I guess we're all entitled to our right as to how we define value and where we choose to put our money. You certainly have a point in saying I should have made my thoughts known earlier. Alright, I'd gladly put my hands up and admit I should have posted my thoughts earlier. :o Paul, do what you like. I just thought the posts by Gaz were poor by his standards(or generally speaking, the players tipped by Gaz were horrendous). The last thing I'd want you to think would be that I'd launched a personal attack on Gaz with the last post of mine because that couldn't have been further from the truth given his pedigree.