** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.)

In January 2011 24 teams will make up for the World Champion title in handball. France has qualified as reigning champions and Sweden as host nation. During the European Championships in Austria in January 2010 another three European teams did qualify: Poland, Iceland and Croatia. Three Asian teams qualified in February: Japan, Korea and Bahrain. At the same time the African qualifications took place. Egypt, Tunisia and Algeria qualified from the African continent. The remaining 13 teams played qualification matches in 2010. From Europe the following nine teams qualified in June: Austria, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Norway, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Spain. Australia made it from the Oceanian continent and Argentina, Brazil and Chile from Panamerica. -Teams :

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Sweden - Chile Selection Under 58.5 goals Strength 7/10 Date 13/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.11 I dont believe that this match will go over this line of goals. Sweden will play, they will have complete initiative so for sure they will score a lot but Chile hmmmm i dont think so. That's why I decided to take this option. No further explanation needed.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.)

Denmark - Australia H2 (-29.5) @1.85 Handicap is too big,i don't think that thay can win by 30. For example,40-10:loon Australia must score more by 10,and i don't think that Denmark can score more than 40! Good luck!
Well, Denmark is known for their pacey style and they might push for a higher margin here although i also think that there's no point in taking team A to beat team B in hadball by 30+ goals. Pure gambling. GL anyway

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Serbia - Algeria Selection Under 57.5 goals Strength 8/10 Date 14/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Here I rely on feeling Opening matches are in principle very hard and the teams are particulary careful in this matches. So thats why i picked this game I believe that this game will go under this line of points.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Denmark - Australia Selection Under 58.5 goals Strength 5/10 Date 14/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85 Ok this is a risky one because Australia is a bottomless pit. But just like in the other one before,i dont have better explanation. Here I rely on feeling Opening matches are in principle very hard and the teams are particulary careful in this matches. This is my second pick (handball) Denmark will score for sure but weekly Australia??? I think this entire bet depends on their scoring ability for toonight.How much will they score we will see. I believe that this game will also go under this line of points.

Japan - Austria Selection Under 63.5 Strength 10/10 Date 15/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.85 here i rely on feeling i just dont believe that this match will go over this line of points no further explanation needed.
have followed u on this one, lots of scores lower than this. Have just put £25 on at 8/1 for japan to win ( 7-3 up after 10 mins) I know nothing about the sport, but they look very lively and play at a high pace.

have followed u on this one, lots of scores lower than this. Have just put £25 on at 8/1 for japan to win ( 7-3 up after 10 mins) I know nothing about the sport, but they look very lively and play at a high pace.
yaeh it was close beacuse the match ended with 63 goals :tongue2 well that was a historical victory for Japan but they have no chances here.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Denmark - Serbia Selection Under 59.5 goals Strength 10/10 Date 17/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.11 Denmark already showed their scoring ability,so far they proved that they have the best attack on this Championship and with 86 goals are far in the lead. Danmark crushed Australia (47:12) and yesterday Romania (39:30). but this time the things are going to be a little bit diferent. first of all this is a serious match with a lot of tension. second of all Serbia is not a bottomless pit like Australia and they are a much better team then Romania and third of all their style of play is not based on counter attacks,they play with lots of long exchanges and the defense is really good. Good thing for this bet because it will "cut the time". this is a second game in a row for Denmark and i dont think that they are able to dispel with shots.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Croatia-Australia ; over 55.5 ; 10units ; 2.85 at bet365 Main goal for Croatia as their players say for this game is not to get injured. They will not play this game seriously but even so this should be an over game because of two reasons. Serbia - Australia ended with 53 goals scored and Croatia is much better than Serbia is and also Serbia could've scored at least 5 goals more in the last 6-7 minutes if they wanted to. Denmark scored 47. I think this will be similar game to their previous mutual meeting when Croatia won 38:18.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) I'm leaning towards Denmark win against Croatia and France win agains Spain in today's matches. Denmark will be a bit fresher for today's very important game against Croatia which will bring two extra points (or one a piece) to one of these teams going in second group phase. Croatia had very hard match against Serbia yesterday in which main players Balic and Vori played quite a lot, so will surely feel some tiredness if not sooner in later stages of the game with high tempo team of Denmark. Croatia was a little bit lost without Balic in attack as Duvnjak after his injury is not on the level expected. Denmark has also some advantage in the bench as Wilbek is surely more experienced than Goluza, who was there with Cervar during all the successes Croatia team had, but to be in charge and have to making decisions in crucial moments is smth different, so i'm expecting a win for Denmark in tonights game. France is the main favourite for the gold watching games so far, they have excellent defense with brilliant keeper and so much variety, creativity in attack, the latter missing for the Spaniards who are playing like "robots" with power, a lot like Germany. So Wins for Denmark and France in tonights crucial matches.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Did some watching at this and I will have two plays today. Here is the first one. 10pts (6/10) Denmark to bt. Croatia @ 2.18 at Pinnacle Croatia had a tough match yesterday and looked quite average so far in my opinion, while the Danes seem to like the conditions a lot and should be the favorites here in my opinion. Tiredness seemed to be important so far and Croatia had far tougher matches it seems, so I like Denmark to take this.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Actually, I have three. The odds are too good. 10pts (5/10) Romania to bt. Serbia @ 3.16 at Pinnacle The Serbians will surely play this match with their B squad. They have no reason to risk any injuries, since they are already through to the main round and a win here will do nothing more than increase the fatigue of their players. We all know how teams without motivation usually perform, so I am willing to risk a play here on the Romanians to prevail. It will be close, but I expected the odds to be around 2.30 at best. 10pts (7/10) France (-2.5 goals) to bt. Spain @ 1.84 at Pinnacle This match is actually important, because the winning team will have more starting points in the main round if I understand the system correctly. France was the biggest favorite for the title from the start and I think they have shown they have a squad capable of just that. They beat every team very easily (for example, Spain beat Tunisia by three goals, France by thirteen) and I think this will continue.

Actually, I have three. The odds are too good. 10pts (6/10) Denmark to bt. Croatia @ 2.18 at Pinnacle :clap 10pts (5/10) Romania to bt. Serbia @ 3.16 at Pinnacle :clap 10pts (7/10) France (-2.5 goals) to bt. Spain @ 1.84 at Pinnacle :wall
The French were retarded in the end, they could have won by double digits if they tried. Ah well, 2.18 and 3.16 going in are more than an adequate compensation. :D:D

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Fortunately its deleted...i was at the bar with my crew commenting about this championship so thats the reason why i got the wrong info for the match. Well beer and the darts took credit for it :) :cheers

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) One for me in the main round. 10pts (6/10) Romania (-2.5) to bt. Slovakia @ 1.84 at Pinnacle I think that the odds are more than solid for Romania, a team that has shown much more than Slovakia. The Slovaks should have lost to Chile, but a last gasp goal saved them from the embarassment and they got a draw. Romania is nothing spectacular, but they are a class above Slovakia in my opinion. They had a tough group, but this opponent is beatable in my opinion.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Late one. 10pts (5/10) Denmark (-3.5) to bt. Poland @ 2.24 at Pinnacle Denmark are the favorites for the championship in my opinion, they are playing well, while Poland still have some struggles it seems. I know the handicap is solid, but Denmark are playing in great atmosphere and I cannot see past them here.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) May come back with more later if this one wins, otherwise I will stop this, as it will be obvious I do not understand this championship at all. 10pts (6/10) Austria to bt. Slovakia @ 1.78 at Pinnacle One good performance from Slovakia does not make them a great team. Austria with more quality in my opinion. They played some unfortunate matches, but I can see them overcoming Slovakia, who are quite poor in my opinion and can always crash easily. Good luck.

Re: 22nd Men's Handball World Championship (13th-30th Jan.) Sweden - Croatia Selection Croatia Strength 10/10 Date 23/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.72 on the wings of excellent game against Argentina Croatia is with a lot oconfidence entering into this match. I think that Sweden will not have the power to stop this Croatia.A team which is more talented and experienced. Quality will judge in this game and quality is on the side of Croatia.