Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) After todays match I dont see how Murray can beat Đoković.Đoković is in better form and he looks more relax and more comfortable than Murray.He should win the match with handicap.:hope:hope

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Clijsters v Li Selection Lay Li (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 3.45 Reasoning I don't see many problems for Clijsters in this final. Li was clearly very nervous in the semi finals and it was pretty much match point down before she started playing! She could be even worse in the final. On the other hand, Clijsters struggled early on but then really stepped up in the semi final. Expect her to play really well here, she'll be very strong. She's got all the experience and is a champion. 2-0 I think is also a good option.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Yeah fancy Kim to dispose of Li pretty well - dont like any of the handicaps though.....wanted -3.5 but its too short now. Think Li will be overwhelmed here and just happy to be in a GS final. No bet for me though.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

Joining the challenger bandwagon today - I need action:tongue2 Sport Tennis Event Knittel v Meffert Selection Knittel Strength 10/10 Date 28/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.87 Reasoning Didn't really know Knittel before this week, but he looks a good player. Big serve and pretty solid. He's had a couple of very good wins over Golubev (quality and good record here) and Andreas Beck. So he seems in top form and should be good here. Meffert is a solid player, not as good as he was a few years ago. I think Knittel will come through.
Good call :clap

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Thanks:ok Sport Tennis Event Bryan/Bryan v Bhuparti/Paes Selection Bhuparti/Paes Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.41 Reasoning Risky here, but I feel worth it. Bhuparti/Paes as mentioned already are on a mission, to with this as it's the only thing they haven't won. They were very strong in the semis and have looked pretty good. They have had the harder route through, beating Llodra/Zimonjic in the quarters then Mirnyi/Nestor in the semis. Bryans have been pretty comfortable so far, but in the games I've seen not so impressive. They are of course a top team, and better than Bhuparti/Paes, but this should be a close game and the price is appealing.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Hi guys i have been betting on quite few matches in the late stages of the tournament and i have been in profit it seems nearly every bet i do i win money when in the first week i was not winning as much it seems the quarter finals onwards i seem to do better in winning money than losing it do you guys manage to win more in the latter stages when you know how the players are playing which i feel is a big advantage on winning big i suppose it is a lot easier when you know which players have a chance of winning

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Na Li vs Kim Clijsters over 21.5 games 5/6 skybet well this is the final and finals should be close matches i suppose each player is on the top of their game especially Li so im going with the overs bet because i feel that the sets will be close an extra bet i think 7-5 in the first set for clijsters

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Li - Clijsters Selection Li Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.65 Reasoning Third time in a row bet on Na Li! In my opinion odds are too high, I smell suprise. I don't want speak too many about both players, you can see at my previews. Off course Clisjters is favourite here, but before this tournament Li beat Clijsters in Sydney Final, why not today? Please remember about RG Final - Stosur/Schiavone, public bet on Stosur and big suprise!:) I believe it! --- Sport Tennis Event Martin - Tursunov Selection Martin Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.60 Reasoning I see very good value in this odds, Martin can beat Tursunov an d make Final here. Martin in this weekend show very good, stable form. Return on the high level and very good serve. Play great in single and make SF in doubles, hot form and can beat everyone here. Tursunov like old fixer, in last match make clear fix against Cipolla, won first set and lost next two. Not playing good here, sometimes making huge mistakes. I see more chances than Unibet for Martin! --- Sport Tennis Event Rosol - Soeda Selection Rosol Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.05 Reasoning In my opinion Rosol have more chances than 50% in this game. Rosol in this tournament play very good, servying on the very high level, really hard to break. In supporters opinion Rosol in this moment is the biggest favourite for the title here. Soeda not look good in previous matches, shaky serve, ok -destroy in last match Ito, but Ito play with small injury. Soeda in next weekend play in biggest tournament in RPA - tank today? Go Rosol!

Sport Tennis Event Australian Open Women's Outright Selection Na Li (Each-way) Strength 1/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 21.00 Reasoning Australian Open - This is a lucky dip really. Na Li is a good player, and like many other tennis players in the women's game, is capable of winning a Grand Slam if they can get some consistency for just two weeks. There's a couple of candidates as an fringe contender bet, but I think Na Li has the most value even though I think Sam Stosur has a chance in front of her home crowd. I'm picking Na Li to cause a slight surprise and win her first Grand Slam. Good luck!
Worth a couple of :beer I guess... An interesting and competitive final, with Li's inexperience showing by letting a few pedantic things rattle her. Hopefully Djokovic can bring in the dough tomorrow ;)

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Bozoljac v Knittel Selection Bozoljac Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.85 Reasoning Going against Knittel this time, even though he won for me yesterday. I just think Bozoljac is better, and is in good form. He's got good wins this week over Kamke and Niland. He's also still in the doubles so clearly having a good week. Think he's got more heat than Knittel and should be a shorter price. The price is coming down in some places so take this one.

Clijsters (BEL) vs Li-Na (CHN) Clijsters -3.5 @Pinnacle 1' date=752 LOSS Clijsters (BEL) vs Li-Na (CHN) Clijsters to win 2-0 @Pinnacle 1,971 LOSS Djokovic (SRB) vs Murray (GBR) Djokovic @Pinnacle 1,714 pending
Kim not in shape in the 1st set, throwing away 2-0 lead in the very start of the match. Had to put loads LIVE on her to win outright after the second set to get me out of this mess :-( Let's hope Djoko will not let me down tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Djokovic To BT Murray 1.73 Betfair Was impressed watching Djokovic against Federer on Thursday,If he brings the same form to the court tomorrow he is looking very much the stronger player. Murray needs to improve on breaking his opponents if he is to ever triumph something which I think gives Djokovic the upper hand. Expecting to see a battle tomorrow of probably 4 sets with Djokovic coming through the winner.

Hi guys i have been betting on quite few matches in the late stages of the tournament and i have been in profit it seems nearly every bet i do i win money when in the first week i was not winning as much it seems the quarter finals onwards i seem to do better in winning money than losing it do you guys manage to win more in the latter stages when you know how the players are playing which i feel is a big advantage on winning big i suppose it is a lot easier when you know which players have a chance of winning
well , first of all, congrats on having a good second week. for me, I always do much better in the first week, as generally because there are more matches ...there are more opportunities and more chances the bookies might make a mistake. In fact, i make most of my profit in the qualifying stages. I think when it comes to the latter stages of the tournaments the bookies are more familiar with the players and their form so the prices are generally right. But there are plenty of punters who prefer the latter stages of tournaments too so I guess it just comes down to whether you fancy a bet....JUST GO FOR IT.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) DANIEL BRANDS TO BEAT HUTA- GALUNG AT 4-6 BET365 2 POINTS. i SAW A BIT OF BRANDS YESTERDAY, AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH HIM BEATING MICHAEL BERRER. hE SERVED REALLY WELL AND WAS SOLID IN THE CLUTCH MOMENTS. HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S FINDING HIS FORM AGAIN...THE SORT OF FORM THAT TOOK HIM TO THE WIMBLEDON 3RD ROUND LAST YEAR...AND THAT FORM SHOULD BE FAR TOO GOOD FOR CHALLENGERVETERAN GALUNG WHO PREFERS FAST INDOORS AND GRASS COURTS BUT STILL IS A LEVEL BELOW WHAT BRANDS IS CAPABLE OF. I THINK BRANDS IS SUCH AN INVITING PRICE AS OVER THE LAST FEW ONTHS HIS FORM HAS BEEN HORRIBLE SO I THINK IT'S TIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE WE STILL CAN NOW I also fancy a small punt on djokovic to hit more double faults than murray in the final...both are probably likely to hit a few...but djokovic is renowned for having a shaky second serve in pressure moments and he is much more likely to go on a mini-run of doubles ...like to in a game. Djokovic just generally hits far more double faults than the top players and though murray is likely to get tight at some stage too... the statistics suggest djokovic will hit more. in 3 sets djokovic hit 5 doubles against federer while in 4 sets murray hit 3 against ferrer. worth a small punt

Na Li vs Kim Clijsters over 21.5 games 5/6 skybet well this is the final and finals should be close matches i suppose each player is on the top of their game especially Li so im going with the overs bet because i feel that the sets will be close an extra bet i think 7-5 in the first set for clijsters
an overs bet that came through in the end looks like i seem to do better in the womens than the men

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Sport Tennis Event Acasuso v Romboli Selection Acasuso -3.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.90 Reasoning Acasuso is looking good this week winning his matches very comfortably. He's a class above the rest of this field and this should be another comfortable win. Romboli has had a tough week having come from qualifying and this looks like the end of the road. Expect an easy win here. Sport Tennis Event Prodon v El Amrani Selection Prodon Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.70 Reasoning Prodon is a solid guy, lot of experience, and got a good win over Souza yesterday. El Amrani I don't like, got a good win over Zeballos earlier in the week but serves a lot of double faults. Think Prodon is the better player and should take care of this.

DANIEL BRANDS TO BEAT HUTA- GALUNG AT 4-6 BET365 2 POINTS. i SAW A BIT OF BRANDS YESTERDAY, AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH HIM BEATING MICHAEL BERRER. hE SERVED REALLY WELL AND WAS SOLID IN THE CLUTCH MOMENTS. HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S FINDING HIS FORM AGAIN...THE SORT OF FORM THAT TOOK HIM TO THE WIMBLEDON 3RD ROUND LAST YEAR...AND THAT FORM SHOULD BE FAR TOO GOOD FOR CHALLENGERVETERAN GALUNG WHO PREFERS FAST INDOORS AND GRASS COURTS BUT STILL IS A LEVEL BELOW WHAT BRANDS IS CAPABLE OF. I THINK BRANDS IS SUCH AN INVITING PRICE AS OVER THE LAST FEW ONTHS HIS FORM HAS BEEN HORRIBLE SO I THINK IT'S TIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE WE STILL CAN NOW
Cheers mate, took it with a decent size stake. Little worried in the second set but Brands recovered the break....:) Also got United at near 3/1 in-play vs Southampton at 1-0 down....not sure what the bookies were thinking there.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Prodon wins easily but Acasuso looks like a tank job. Sport Tennis Event Harrison v Russell Selection Harrison Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.95 Reasoning Harrison looks worth a bet later tonight. He's a talented kid and making good progress. He's been very solid this week, yet to drop a set and a decent win last round over Sweeting. Russell at the other end of the scale, older guy and a grinder. He does well enough and has made a decent career, but doesn't have the game of Harrison. Harrison on form and should take him, and should be a shorter price than this.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic over 39.5 games 8/11 skybet i think that this final will be very close with very few break points because these players are evenly matched with one playing a little better than the other with him beating federer also he is more experienced in finals of grand slams other bets djokovic first set 7-5 14/1 skybet and murray most aces 8/15 skybet hope you get lucky

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Murray A.- Djokovic N. Selection Djokovic N. Strength 10/10 Date 30/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.70 I rate Djokovic as a big favourite here, in this match Nole is for me just a player with advantages. psychological advantage stability in key moments better condition Well both are in the finals but Djokovic really impressed with the game, he did fantastic job a great performance against Roger & Berydch and with full confidence is entering into this match. On the other side Murray is under a lot of pressure because he heavent won any of Grand Slams and last British champion in Australia was on 1934.Also in this road to the final Murray spent a lot more energy then Djokovic,he had extremly tough fight against Ferrer and Dolgopolov and if this match goes in 4 sets or over,fitness could be a serious issue. Besides i saw Murray with a grimace on his face having problems with foot (knee) I dont know what kind of injury is in question or if its even serious one but it certainly left an impression on me. In the end Djokovic to win his second Grand Slam in career!

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) This is terrific EVERYONE is backing Djokovic, just what andy needs, i will just say one point, Just because you are fit and have had an easy route to the final, doesnt mean you wont feel the heat, i dont understand how people can get this misconception, Heat exhaustion has nothing to do with your fitness level.. novak has had numerous problems time and time again in the heat, its already very warm at 9.20am here i expect much of the same..