** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) First bet for the Australian Open... - Roger Federer to win the Australian Open at 2.80 with 188bet (4/10) I'd been mulling this one over before the draw and that hasn't made me change my mind at all on this outcome. I think the Swiss has a pretty easy route to the semis. In the early rounds, Lacko isn't good enough to take him out in five, Simon is going to be fatigued after Sydney and offers too many presents on serve and Montanes will never beat any of the top 10 on a hard court. I have him due to play Wawrinka in the quarter-finals, a match that I think he'll win too - Stan just hasn't got enough in the tank to beat him on a hard court. Djokovic is a likely semi-final opponent. I know the Serb beat him in the US Open but that offers Federer extra motivation. He'll be furious about that loss and he recently crushed Djokovic in London. That'll be his biggest test but I really feel Federer would win that. In the final, you are probably looking at Murray or Nadal, but as LAMPS quite rightly points out, those two will have had a tougher route to the final, Murray especially. Federer has already beaten Murray twice in a final and has a hex over him; Rafa is obviously a tougher assignment but I really don't think he's particularly fit at the moment. He's going for the title of holding all four Slams at once so his motivation is high, but Federer will be desperate to stop that. The Swiss will not want his greatest rival to hold something he has not. Federer is in a better physical shape at the moment, was impervious on his way to winning the World Tour Finals in London and Doha, and is defending his title. I find it hard to see past Federer for this. :hope

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) the following are my tips for the australian open qualifiers starting at 11pm. 1. mirza-keothavong double at 3-4 with paddypowers. mirza scraped through battler diatchenko yesterday... and obviously struggled with her serve as there were more service breaks by both players than holds. She was 6-4, 5-2 up but then lost the second set on a tie-break but i think it took good mental strength to re-gather herself and come through in the end. she plays stephanie dubois who is pretty handy...and in good form...she beat yakimova and letcher quite comfortably but both players are fairly average opponents. dubois has a habit of falling at the last hurdle in grand slam qualifiers. She is solid off both wings and moves well...but she is a little passive and mirza likes to take the iniative in ralleys. i jsut think mirza is a class ahead... dubois hasn't been tested and is likely to get tight at the thought of qualifying for a slam which is a rarity for her these days...but mirza is simply the better tennis player with more explosive strokes and the determination to fight through this one...i just hope she sorts her serve out. keothavong plays begu who is relatively uinknown. the truth is that anne has had a lucky run-in to the final round...she played olaru yesterday who was awful apparently. having said that she should have too much for begu who took an even softer route to the final round. 2.gojnea to beat woerle at 7-4 skybet. 1 point. Honestly, i haven't seen gojnea play but i do know that woerle is a fairly average player who benefited from an easy draw. gojnea beat two decent opponents so far in xinyun han and sloane stephens and my friend saw her play yesterday and said she was quite impressive so worth a shot at a nice under-dog price

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) i also like tsurenko at evens, chan again at 8-11, martic at 4-7, cippola at evens, ouanna at evens, rus at 4-7, rodionova at 11-8, hampton-kavcic double at 5-4, and maybe diyas at 5-6. the gojnea price is 7-4 by the way, good luck all. none of these bets are too big and i wouldnt put them in big accumulators. but i see these folk as the most likely winners

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Roddick vs Hajek UNDER 28.5 games @ 8/11 (Bet365:4pts) Think Roddick can win this one easily enough. Hajek been out for a couple of months, pulled out of early year tournaments so first competitive match in a while and he's also done very little on hard court in his career, mostly a clay courter at challenger level. Roddick looked good in Brisbane reaching the final, has a good record at the AO and I think he should cruise here....I expect one or two very easy sets. Fed Lacko line is 26.5 at bet 365...seems a little low to me...expected 27 or 28.5....not sure about that. Lacko can be competitive for a set or two I think.See tomorrow about that.though i can certainly see fed running away at some point.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January)

Roddick vs Hajek UNDER 28.5 games @ 8/11 (Bet365:4pts) Think Roddick can win this one easily enough. Hajek been out for a couple of months, pulled out of early year tournaments so first competitive match in a while and he's also done very little on hard court in his career, mostly a clay courter at challenger level. Roddick looked good in Brisbane reaching the final, has a good record at the AO and I think he should cruise here....I expect one or two very easy sets.
I like this alot. Tennis is something I follow rigidly but have never actually bet on before. My first foray into betting on this sport will be following this tip and I confident of Roddick doing the business in the opening round. Fancy Federer game to go overs as well, I fancy Lacko to give him a few problems in the opening round. I will mull over whether to double it up with this one here over the next 24.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) andrea petkovic minus 5.5 games against jill craybas 8-11 bet365 3 points jill craybas is 36 years old and has been on the tour for donkeys years without ever really having any injury problems.... the truth is that she has always been a limited player but over 12 months she has looked particularly jaded, regularly being on the recdieving end of hidings and is surely approaching retirement. She has been on the end of a lot of heavy beatings and could be struggling with all these young new players with big power games. petkovic is one of these players, a confident athletic agressive player who although can be erratic, she is also pretty ruthless when she gets her neck in front. Craybas has lost to very poor opponents this year in groenefeld and hlavackova while petkovic destroyed quality players such as dulgheru, groth and bartoli last week althou8gh kvitova did give her a taste of her own medicine. when petkovic gets her tail up she can rattle of games very swiftly and i see her at least winning one of the sets on a scoreline like 6-1 6-2. I can see no other outcome than petkovic rolling over craybas.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) vesna manasieva to beat laura pous-tio at 4-6 paddypower 3 points mansieva raced through qualification and what's most impressive is that she had quite a difficult draw. She beat a returning-to-form sabine lisicki in two tight sets and she hammered yung-jan chan who herself looked to be going well.She played the big points well and those two results are about as impressive as you are going to get in the qualifiers. Manasieva has't really got any powerful strokes or weapons but she is a very gritty player, rarely gives away free points, has great court coverage and seems to be serving really well... chan couldn't break her even once. Laura pous-tio is in the main draw of the back of some impressive clay court results from last february and march in the south american clay court swing. However, she hasn't done a whole lot since then and very very little off the clay. in hobart this year she beat ducque marino who couldnt buy a victory at the moment, and she also beat julia cohen who is just very limited. then govortsova beat her 7-5, 7-5. I think to step into her first grand slam match on hard court against a confident battle-hardened opponent like manasieva who is obviously playing the big points well is a big ask... and i really fancy vesna to continue her good form .

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Hi guys, 2 picks for WTA AUSTRALIAN OPEN: CIRSTEA TO LUCIC @ 1.71 on betfair PASZEK TO KING @ 1.67 on stanjames/betfred The courts in Australia are medium-slow, and much slower comparing to other hard courts. So traditionally, counter-punchers and baseliners have an advantage over aggressive attacking players. Just last week Simon defeated Gulbis, Trocki, Dolgopolov and Lu playing exactly the same game (Ferrer the same in Auckland). Lucic is over-aggressive and Cirstea who is back in some form lately will have an advantage in consistency playing with the same level of power. Paszek is an another player with good counter-punching game, King is a quick player but I expect her to make a lot of unforced errors in this match.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) I am not big fan of 1st round betting, but these two matches stood out for me: WTA AO R1 Groth to beat Wickmayer @Pinnacle 2.050 Jarmila plays at home, just won Hobart, and seems to be fit. Yanina is defeated finalist from Auckland two weeks ago, but her results there were far from convincing (three setters with Safina and Lisicki). In Sydney last week lost in R1 (ok, she lost to Stosur). Also, she has been reported to have some health problems lately. WTA AO R1 Wozniacki vs Dulko: Dulko +6.5 @Pinnacle 1.935 The current world #1 seems not be in shape at start of 2011. 36 36 with Dominika Cibulkova in Sydney last week is not what one would expect. So one of my betting plans for this AO is to progressively fade Caroline. GL

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) OVER 3.5 set Double Mannarino/Harrison & Fognini/Nishikori @ 2.410 (Bet365:2pts) Basically a bet that neither game ends in straight sets here. Mannarino had some great results last week so is clearly overrated right now, I guess this is tighter than the odds suggest. Harrison is a very talented player and I think he can make this a tough match. Should be a good match to watch aswell. Also dont think Nishikori can take this one in straights. He's a pretty good player but but he'll surely have some dips in a 5 set match. Fognini is more clay-courter but can occasionally be a tough one on hard....neither player strong on serve so I can see momentum shifts in this one. Maybe Nishikori win in 4 or 5 IMO. Rezai vs Zahlavova Strycova OVER 21 AH games @ 1.909 (Pinnacle:4pts) My girl again Rezai, occasionally do this bet against her and have had good success on the overs in the past. She is flaky as hell and although this is a winnable match i doubt she'll cruise. She'll have games where she blasts winners and then others where she hits 2m wide....serve can go at times too. Strycova is a decent player, no big weapons but she'll scrap for most points and that may be enough to drag this over the line.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Caroline Wozniacki vs Gisela Dulko over 18.5 games 1.90 bet365 They have met 3 times and in the last two meetings it has cleared this game handicap. As i posted earlier Wozzi has switched racket sponsors and has had dodgy pre-season and will need some time to adjust to using a new racket. Dulko is no push over and may give Wozzi a run for her money, can even see her taking a set off her, going with the over in the games handicap for a safer option.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Five more bets for me to start things off. Good luck everyone. :hope 10pts (6/10) J.Henin to win 1st Quarter @ 2.37 at PaddyPower Really cannot see past her in the quarter, there is no worthy challenger in my opinion. Wozniacki is the only one that can test her, but she is not in form and even then, Henin should be too clever for her. Already have an outright bet, but this will cover the losses if she loses in the semis, but I really cannot see past her for some reason. 10pts (7/10) R.Federer/L.Lacko Over 26.5 games @ 1.72 at Bet365 Lower odds for the lower line, but Roger never starts Grand Slams very quickly these days. He takes his time and improves each round. Lacko probably won't be able to take a set off him, but nine games is not that much, I can even see the possibility of a tie-break if Lacko gets a little bit lucky. Line is too low. 10pts (6/10) M.Fish/V.Hanescu Over 37.5 games @ 1.83 at PaddyPower Too low a line for players that can be consistent on serve, but go missing in rallies quite often. This may have a few breakers in it and as such, Fish is not such a huge favorite for me. Hanescu the handicap might also be worth taking, but there is a possibility of him going missing hugely in one set, so I hope both players show up and make this a long match. 10pts (7/10) J.Groth to bt. Y.Wickmayer @ 1.95 at Boylesports Still a decent price, so here we go. Groth will be full of confidence and she (despite not looking like it) can overpower Wickmayer, who is much more prone to errors and goes missing quite often. Backed Arn against Yanina earlier on and it was worth it, now Groth is a better player than Arn and should also do the job. 10pts (6/10) N.Mahut (-3.5) to bt. B.Dabul @ 1.95 at Pinnacle The "I always play till the end" Mahut meets Dabul, who, despite the rankings, is a worse player in my opinion. He gets a lot of points from lower tournaments, while Mahut goes on to the big ones and loses quite often - but to strong players. The handicap is not so much in this format and Mahut will always hang in there with his unorthodox style.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Pablo Cuevas -4 AH vs Frederico Gil. 1.90 @ Bet365 (6/10) Obviously a mistake by bookies rating Gil's chances so highly. He has not had much success on hard and plays hist best tennis on clay. Cuevas with more experience on this surface and clearly is going to cover this handicap. They have played once before on hard with Cuevas winning 7-5, 6-4. Andrey Golubev to beat Grigor Dimitrov. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Golubev has had poor start of the year losing all 3 matches in Hopman cup but being rated @ 1.83 against promising yet not proven Challenger player like Dimitrov is wrong. Dimitrov had fantastic junior career, also in Slams, but has failed to deliver in the big league thus far. Golubev should be too strong for him. Odds too good to be missed. Lucie Hradecka -2 AH vs Alberta Brianti. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Straight forward win for Hradecka in this one. She can serve, she can hit some winners and overall Brianti will be a no-match for her. The Italian is pretty crap away from home tournament and clay events in particular. Hradecka has beaten her both times they've played and interestingly enough both matches were Challenger events in Italy. Polona Hercog to beat Anastasia Sevastova. 2.48 @ Pinnacle (4/10) The main reason I'm going for this one is that Sevastova has not had decent preparation for the Aussie Open. She withdrew from both Brisbane and Hobart thru viral illness. Hercog at least has played couple matches. Although she lost those two meetings she has had some matches under her belt so to speak. Both players prefer clay and Hercog has won the only H2H meeting, also played on clay 6-3, 6-4, that's Cuneo Challenger event in 09. Yanina Wickmayer to beat Jarmila Groth. 2.12 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Both are brainless hitters. Groth playing a home Grand Slam, so all the pressure will be on her. She will be a bit tired after winning Hobart couple days ago and that might work against her. Wickmayer had a great Aussie Open last year reaching 4th round before going out to Henin in 3 sets. Wicky always plays her best tennis in biggest tournaments. Should be close on, probably 3 sets, but I fancy Yanina to reach 2nd round.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) i m very ignorant on tennis but i think i fell in love with so i m with groth @ 2,05 (3/6 stake) and with de backer @ 4,88 (1/6 stake) just based on info about health problems of monfills and wivkmayer great job in this thread guys anyway!:ok

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Here are my Round 1 bets for the Open... - Alexandr Dolgopolov -5 games AH (vs Mikhail Kukushkin) @ 2.05 with Pinnacle (8/10) I'm expecting a fairly decent showing from the Ukrainian in the Open. He has really come to prominence in the last year and although his favourite surface is clay, he's proven that he can mix on any surface. He's had a good start to the year, disposing of players you would expect to do beat, and Kukushkin falls into that category. The Kazakh also had a good year last season but his best results are on faster courts indoor. The plexicushion, IMO, won't suit his game. He also hasn't played competitively in Australia this year, choosing Doha, where the courts are quicker. Dolgopolov has beaten him in both their meetings to date and he has improved vastly since then. I thought the line might be a bit bigger and I expect him to cover this handicap without too many problems. - Juan Martin Del Potro -5 games AH (vs Dudi Sela) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (7/10) Despite his recent injury, I think Del Potro will fare fine in this opening match. The Argentinian really needs to get past the first round as he actually has some ranking points to defend here from last year. He leads the H2H 2-1 and didn't impress greatly in Sydney last week, but those matches will have stood him in good stead for this. Sela comes in just as unprepared, IMO, for this encounter. The little Israeli lost his only match this year to Berrer and has gone completely off the boil since his win over Roddick at Queen's. He is a crafty player who will mix it up but if Del Potro gets his power game going, he'll blow him off the court. Sela's serve is also hugely erratic, so he'll give chances on that. I also expect adrenalin to play a part in this - the crowd will get right behind Del Potro - and I expect him to dispatch Sela fairly comfortably here. - David Ferrer -6 games (vs Jarkko Nieminen) @ 2.02 with Pinnacle (6/10) Going to keep faith with the Spaniard here. Ferrer won impressively in Auckland last week, beating Nalbandian ruthlessly. He is super-fit and has also had a few days to recover, so I don't expect any problems in that regard. We all know what you get from Ferrer - consistency and accuracy, and he also knows how to go in for the kill. He's never met Nieminen before but I think he's the sort of player the Finn will hate. He'll force him into errors. It's also worth noting that Nieminen has not had much preparation ahead of this tournament, as he pulled out injured last week in his opening match. I'm not convinced he comes here 100%. With Ferrer confident and playing so well, I feel a 6-game handicap at a nice price is achievable. - Milos Raonic (vs Bjorn Phau) @ 2.00 with Stan James (6/10) Price is dropping everywhere else on Raonic but staying firm here. He qualified for this event without expending too much energy, as Goffin retired in the final round, so I expect him to be fresher than most qualifiers. The Canadian has shown plenty of potential since coming onto the scene. He has a huge reliance on his big serve but can play off the ground too. He reminds me a litle of Malisse and that's a good thing for this bet. Malisse spanked Phau 6-0 6-2 in Chennai a few weeks ago. The German is well passed his sell-by date and although he's a fairly compact player off the deck, he is really inconsistent and can go missing for games on end. Raonic has more consistency and better focus, and for me can make it through this one. - Sam Querrey -5 games AH (vs Lukasz Kubot) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (6/10) Content to go against Kubot here. The Pole has had a miserable time of it since the clay season last year and essentially a doubles player. I don't give him much of a chance against Querrey, eve though the American has been pretty average since the US Open too. He lost to Dolgopolov in Sydney but that, for me, wasn't a huge surprise, especially considering it was his first game back. He's got the big serve and the nice forehand to clean up on this surface against someone like Kubot, who is sketchy at the best of times and uses questionable net tactics when he shouldn't. I don't think Querrey will go that far Down Under but he's got enough in his locker to see off Kubot on a hard court, and cover the line. - Kei Nishikori (vs Fabio Fognini) x Thomaz Bellucci (vs Ricardo Mello) @ 1.97 with Stan James (5/10) These are two players that I expect to win but handicap might be a bit dodgy. Nishikori's a talented player, more so than Fognini on a hard court, but the Italian is a scrapper and might force a set off the Japanese. Nishikori's problems lie with stamina, but at this time of the year he is fresh, and does his best work in these conditions. I'd expect him too have a little too much here. As for Bellucci, I quite like the Brazilian and think he's got a bright future. Hard courts aren't his best surface but the same can be said for Mello. The two countrymen will show each other respect and I don't expect a hammering, but Bellucci has got far more in his armoury. He beat Mello at Wimbledon last year 6-4 6-4 6-4 and should have too much again for him. - Andreas Seppi (vs Arnaud Clement) x Albert Montanes (vs Dustin Brown) @ 1.96 with Stan James (5/10) Another double that I quite like. Seppi has got a good record against Clement, having won all their three encounters, and comes here on the back of a decent showing in Sydney. He's a very languid player who on his day can match anyone. Clement is on his way out for me. His legs are going and I don't think he can last five sets. There is a definite class difference between Montanes and Brown. The Jamaican has a unique game with his serve and volley but Montanes will eventually get the hang of him. Fancy him to progress in that one - he has more off the ground and is more consistent. :hope

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Hi all thought I would add my thoughts I too have backed Na Li for obvious reasons as she won the previous tournament coming from behind to beat Clijsters so she is obviously playing well she is seeded 9th and has a good draw not meeting anyone with real quality until the quarter finals 4/10 confidence for me toot the 38/1 on betfair with a view to lay of later in the tournament. 3 pts on Na Li - 38/1 - Betfair

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Love most of the bets, Atko, but I have a question that I have been asking myself. Is Nishikori fit enough? Because he pulled out of the exhibition tournament with some infection and I have not heard any news since then, so I was afraid to take him at that price. Do you have any info on that?

Love most of the bets' date=' Atko, but I have a question that I have been asking myself. Is Nishikori fit enough? Because he pulled out of the exhibition tournament with some infection and I have not heard any news since then, so I was afraid to take him at that price. Do you have any info on that?[/quote']

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) I have found some tips in my mail so I will just leave it here 1 - Hradecka Australian Open Lucie Hradecka - Alberta Brianti Hradecka is the physical east european player, she uses to play only the baseline hitting strong the ball and trying to not to miss so much leading the game. Brianti instead is more talented player but with a bad physical, she doesn't serve well as she is not tall and also on the baseline she doesn't have a lot of power and neither amazing winners, she just has a very good slice and that's it, an average players. Both players didn't begun the season so good, but we believe Hradecka is the strongest player and on a major like Australian Open she will win this match. Odds to Members 1.70 LUCIE HRADECKA TO BET 2 - Elena Baltacha Australian Open Elena Baltacha - Jamie Hampton Hampton is Q and is playing very well this year winning a lot of qualification match and also first rounds, she is a young American player with a normal talent and playing on a baseline game, no more at all. Baltacha instead didn't begun so well the season, but she is absolutely stronger player, she has more power, more winners and is absolutely the favourite on this match in our opinion, much more then what the odds say at all as normally the stronger players as well do the best of themself on the most important tournaments and that is the case. Odds to Members 1.70 ELENA BALTACHA TO BET 3 - Mannarino Australian Open Adrian Mannarino - Ryan Harrison French Adrian Mannarino begun well the season and last week in Auckland as well he played a very good match against Almagro, he is a baseline player with a very good service and two good strokes as well and this year for him is the real one where he should have his best performance. Harrison instead just played a good tournament at US Open last year losing an incredible match to Stakhovsky, is a good young player with some good talent on baseline game but without a so good service like Mannarino that on mens tennis it's a big key. Right now seems more in shape Mannarino and the service on a fast surface like this one could matter, for that we are going with him. Odds to Members 1.75 ADRIAN MANNARINO TO BET 4 - Wickmayer Australian Open Yannina Wickmayer - Jarmila Groth Jarmila won last week in Hobart a very good tournament, of course she didn't beat any top player but she played very well for the whole tournament and she in shape of course even if it's always tough to win a tournament and then 2 days later play a first round of a slam with a lot of pressure on. Jarmila is a player that loves to hit strong whichever ball and a very offensive player then, her problem is that she doesn't know very well to manage the pressure and sometimes on the most important moments she can fill that as happened for example ag. Petkovic two weeks ago, so here she will have a lot of that cause she will play as well on the night session and is a pressure more on her. Wickmayer instead lost the final on the first week of the season and during last week she fully trained in Melbourne for it, she is a more complete baseline player that doesn't risk so much like Groth and that has much more experience to such important match like this one and in our opinion this could be the key of it as well. Wickmayer seems more physically ready, more experience on a slam and more complete to play a so important match like one. We finally don't think she is the underdog on this match and then our money on her. Odds to Members 2.10 YANNINA WICKMAYER TO BET and I found also this page http://bleacherreport.com/articles/572574-australian-open-2011-picking-all-127-matches-of-the-mens-draw nothing fancy but some useful facts :hope gl

I have found some tips in my mail so I will just leave it here 1 - Hradecka Australian Open Lucie Hradecka - Alberta Brianti Hradecka is the physical east european player, she uses to play only the baseline hitting strong the ball and trying to not to miss so much leading the game. Brianti instead is more talented player but with a bad physical, she doesn't serve well as she is not tall and also on the baseline she doesn't have a lot of power and neither amazing winners, she just has a very good slice and that's it, an average players. Both players didn't begun the season so good, but we believe Hradecka is the strongest player and on a major like Australian Open she will win this match. Odds to Members 1.70 LUCIE HRADECKA TO BET 2 - Elena Baltacha Australian Open Elena Baltacha - Jamie Hampton Hampton is Q and is playing very well this year winning a lot of qualification match and also first rounds, she is a young American player with a normal talent and playing on a baseline game, no more at all. Baltacha instead didn't begun so well the season, but she is absolutely stronger player, she has more power, more winners and is absolutely the favourite on this match in our opinion, much more then what the odds say at all as normally the stronger players as well do the best of themself on the most important tournaments and that is the case. Odds to Members 1.70 ELENA BALTACHA TO BET 3 - Mannarino Australian Open Adrian Mannarino - Ryan Harrison French Adrian Mannarino begun well the season and last week in Auckland as well he played a very good match against Almagro, he is a baseline player with a very good service and two good strokes as well and this year for him is the real one where he should have his best performance. Harrison instead just played a good tournament at US Open last year losing an incredible match to Stakhovsky, is a good young player with some good talent on baseline game but without a so good service like Mannarino that on mens tennis it's a big key. Right now seems more in shape Mannarino and the service on a fast surface like this one could matter, for that we are going with him. Odds to Members 1.75 ADRIAN MANNARINO TO BET 4 - Wickmayer Australian Open Yannina Wickmayer - Jarmila Groth Jarmila won last week in Hobart a very good tournament, of course she didn't beat any top player but she played very well for the whole tournament and she in shape of course even if it's always tough to win a tournament and then 2 days later play a first round of a slam with a lot of pressure on. Jarmila is a player that loves to hit strong whichever ball and a very offensive player then, her problem is that she doesn't know very well to manage the pressure and sometimes on the most important moments she can fill that as happened for example ag. Petkovic two weeks ago, so here she will have a lot of that cause she will play as well on the night session and is a pressure more on her. Wickmayer instead lost the final on the first week of the season and during last week she fully trained in Melbourne for it, she is a more complete baseline player that doesn't risk so much like Groth and that has much more experience to such important match like this one and in our opinion this could be the key of it as well. Wickmayer seems more physically ready, more experience on a slam and more complete to play a so important match like one. We finally don't think she is the underdog on this match and then our money on her. Odds to Members 2.10 YANNINA WICKMAYER TO BET and I found also this page http://bleacherreport.com/articles/572574-australian-open-2011-picking-all-127-matches-of-the-mens-draw nothing fancy but some useful facts :hope gl
Would be careful with these one mates. With regards to the Hampton-Baltacha affair, Hampton was impressive in her qualifiers and Baltacha wasn't playing great tennis last week. Mannarino is being touted as the next big thing from what I've been reading, but alot of this if not all has been said purely because of a decent week last week. Harrison looked very mature in the US open last season. Finally, would be wrong to say Wickmayer is in better shape as she's been struggling for the last few days will her fitness. Groth, as you mentioned is big on power and if she's on song, with Wickmayer struggling, could well blow her off the court. Good luck though mate, hope they come through for you :ok

Sport Tennis
Event Ivo Karlovic v Ivan Dodig
Selection over 41.5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 1.85
Reasoning ell, first game for both players here, a game between two players with a huge serve and forehand. We all know how is playing Ivo Karlovic, about his style and if to look just as much simple possible at this game then nothing else than just a closed game is the single real way. Ivan Dodig is another croat player who can play so stable at his serve as he possess a huge serve and forehand. I really doubt that Karlovic will be able to cope with Dodig's huge serve which is a so difficult task not only for him, but even for top players. Serve is a individual quality and certain in this game should have the most important word as both players do not possess great qualities from the defence point of view, the return of Karlovic or Dodig it is just clear under serve's level. All in all, this should be a very closed one withalmost no breaks, so nothing else than over is the real and logic choice here. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Yanina Wickmayer - Jamila Groth
Selection Wickmayer
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.09
Reasoning Well, some really great results from Jarmila Groth's side recently as she did won Hobart and played also well at Brisbane, but despite all these things and advantages I will say that she is just too overrated in this game as she purely do not deserve to be favourite against a player like Yanina Wickmayer, a player from just another level. It is true that Yanina Wickmayer did lost from Arn in straight sets at the final from Auckland, but have to mentionate about that final that Arn did played a great tournament and she has been underrated by all during the tournament. Wickmayer is just better than Groth, the class difference is there, yes it is true that Groth did impressed a lot recently by winning a tournament but still that will have nothing to do with the game from AO. Different motivation, different preparation will be here and Groth's advantage of form and playing at home could just not be enough for winning against Wickmayer.

Sport Tennis
Event Nikolay Davydenko - Florian Mayer
Selection Davydenko (-6.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95
Reasoning After two defeats in a row Nikolay Davydenko will play his first game here at AO against the german man Florian Mayer. Last year Davydenko did impressed a lot at AO as he did played with a lot of stability, lost from Roger Federer. On the other hand Mayer is the player with a nice form, he recently did played well at Sydney and lost only from Viktor Troicki. Well, at first sight this game seems to be quite difficult as both players are good players with a good form recently, but if to look more deeper vision at this game then we could observe that Nikolay Davydenko is just the better player, with more pure class on his side. Davydenko is the player who do not motivates for every single game as much as other players, but a Grand Slam lke AO is always a very important event where the players give all their best. Davydenko possess all the qualities to dominate against a player like Florian Mayer. All in all, Davydenko's motivation shuld have the word here as he should play at his real best level here at AO, like he did it last year or at so many important events. Good Luck!

Is it just me or does julien benneteau seem great value at 7-4 against juan monaco
Not a bad price on Benny but not convinced over his fitness. Last week was is first match back for a while so if it were to go the distance, not completely sure if he could take it. Saying that, Monaco is no Sampras. Was considering overs but left it.

Re: Tennis - The Australian Open (17-30 January) Monaco has lost in the first round here every other year since 2005, so he's due for another early exit, and Benneteau could be the guy to hand it to him because the Frenchman has played well at his last three hard-court majors. Benneteau had some nice results against strong opponents recently on hard court however few days ago lost in 1. round in sydney against Starace. Nevertheless pretty nice value so I am in! :ok //alright I am not... the match has already started