** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

AGurv

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks I'm not touching the Bears game in any capacity, I just don't like the look of it :- But I'll have a few in the other Sunday fixture Sanchez passing yards under 230.5 @ 1.91 Skybet 5/10 I don’t think Sanchez’s shoulder is at all right after having seen him last week. He wasn’t throwing much against a colts defence which is shocking against the pass, which says a lot to me. I think it’ll be a similar situation here where the Jets rely upon their running game to go well and wont look to the skies as much. The line of 230.5 seems too high to me and he's covered it in only 1 of his last 6 starts. Against NE previously this season he threw 164 and 220, so those matches back up this bet nicely. Overall I just think 230.5 is too much for him here, especially with that damaged shoulder so I’m happy to be on the under. L Tomlinson over 48.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes (5/10) I’ve got to take this bet because statistically I think the line is too low. LT has actually gone more than 48 in 13 of his 16 starts this season, so that alone is enough to tempt me. Add to the fact that Sanchez isn’t likely to throw as much then I think this increases LT’s chances. Yeh, Green will take some yardage off him but they usually rotate pretty well and its clear that if the jets are to do anything in this match then their running game simply has to fire. I thought LT looked sharp last week and he’ll be bang up for this one, I’m quite happy to be on his overs. Green-Ellis rushing yards under 82.5 @ 1.91 Skybet 4/10 I think this line is too high, he’s actually only managed to cover it 6/16 times this season. The Jets defence is usually pretty good against the rush so they should be able to stop him fairly well. In the two previous divisional games between the teams, he only ran 19 and 72 respectively, so the suggestion is that the Jets know how to keep a lid on him. With a bit of luck, Woodhead will take some rushing yards away from him and Brady will look to the skies quite a bit. Overall I just think 82.5 is too big a line so I’m happy to be on the unders in this one. NYJ +9.5 @ 1.80 SJ (3/10) I just have a feeling that the Jets can give NE a game here and keep it closer than some might expect. Yes, they are a bit beaten up and NE will be fresher after a bye week, but the Jets have momentum and there’s something about them here which appeals to me. In the regular season they were 6th against the pass and 3rd against the rush, so fundamentally have a strong defence. That wasn’t the case when the two teams previously met, but I don’t think NE will have it their own way here, this is the play offs. The jets lack a passing game with Sanchez at the moment but they do have the rush which can keep possession and keep drives going longer, which is a boost. I’m happy to take +9.5 on the Jets, albeit with smaller stakes. Best of luck everyone this divisional weekend!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks f***ing typical i just went to go on ray rice under on the rushing yards at skybet and they dont offer anything now!! good to see you on the NFL picks now meatman i used to follow you on french ligue 2 so am always interested in what you post a little off topic post here but you guys want to get involved with the stats predictions of a guy called matt nesbitt for english premier league soccer his stats are great and will always give you profit on his picks i think his website is footballbettingresults.co.uk i scored this week on lots of his picks and i wanted you guys to know about it anyway im really looking forward to this weekends games even if my team philly got knocked out i just wanna see the jets lose now only cos of their coach ryan cant stand him my main pick for the weekend is seattle and chicago over 42.5 points few people have posted the reasons and i really cant see why this game will be low scoring even if the weather is bad i think chicago will make 30 by themselves at least!

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks need some advice guys they have dropped the line on ray rice to 57.5 rushing yards they are running scared!!! do i go over or under that total?? what about rashard mendenhall 77.5 yds as the line? would really appreciate you guys advice on this cheers

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks ok well i looked at the stats and ray rice rushed for 32 yds and 20 yds in both games against pittsburgh this year so i gotta take the under. particularly as well as he was supposed to be ill last night i think that original line of 70.5 yds under was an absolute steal i hope you guys lumped on it im gonna go under 77.5 with rashard mendenhall as well. he has been under that total 9 out of 17 games this season and the game against baltimore at pittsburgh early in the year he made 79 so im gonna take a chance on under 77.5 yds tonight

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks i fancy hines ward under 47.5 yds as well. he only had 14 yds in this game early on in season and when he hasnt had a 100 yd game they have all been under 47.5 yds so he either has a big game or doesnt get involved at all! i think its worth the risk for him to be shut out

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks right ok sorry for the fragmented posts but im trying a new approach with player bets on stats here my final four picks for the first game tonight are ray rice under 57.5 yards rashard mendenhall under 77.5 yards hines ward under 47.5 yards anquan boldin over 57.5 yards reasoning for 1st 3 already given and boldin i think is a big game player both games against pittsburgh this season he has been over that yardage and although only 6 games this year over that yardage the two against pittsburgh suggests he may well bring his best when playing these guys enjoy the games guys i know im gonna! just gonna do some player bet research for the 2nd game tonight

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks ill see how the player bets go in the first game on stats but initial picks for gb v atlanta game are roddy white under 85.5 yds -only 5 games over this yardage and under when these two played tony gonzalez under 50.5 yds - only 4 games over this yardage and got 51 yds when these two played earlier in the season

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks lol. Yeah...great to see the first half under disappear with about 50 yards of total offense! :lol :wall What a ******* joke the first pass interference call was! :@ (And not just from a betting stand point, but this is a play-off game ffs!)...Wallace clearly reaches back to initiate contact, and then clearly hooks his own arm when it was obvious he wasn't going to make the catch...defender may have held his arm late, but had to be a no call...then maybe a brave ref would call offensive interference...then last of all what the 70 yo bloke called who couldn't possibly see from where he was shuffling. Just terrible. :\

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks won on 3 of my 4 player picks for the first game with only the over on boldin not working out. jeez had to even ask on here if he was playing! cant see why he wasnt used more maybe he got covered out of the game! anyway roddy white under 85.5 yds receiving and tony gonzalez under 50.5 yds receiving in this one good luck with yr picks guys

Steelers 2H bet was free money...I can only imagine the books got crushed on that. As soon as I made that bet it jumped to -6. One of my friend texted me that he won 4,500 dollars on that game. the In-game bet was a toss up to me but I had to do it... The win though, as a fan...just doesnt get much better...will be a tough one with the Pats...

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks Steelers 1-6 just misses, but frankly couldn't care less. What a pass on 3rd & 19!!!!!! Here's hoping the Jets upset... or knock Brady out :lol Packers for me in the next. I think their superior defense and greater receiving threats will just be enough to shade the Falcons. Falcons 1-6 @ 5.20 Betfair

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks Raven's probably should've won it from 21-7 up, but Flacco wasn't up to it and Big Ben was. It's as simple as that really. For the game went 2-2, with both running backs coming nowhere near their yardage. Big Ben nearly covered 240 whilst Flacco came nowhere near.

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Raven's probably should've won it from 21-7 up' date=' but Flacco wasn't up to it and Big Ben was. It's as simple as that really. For the game went 2-2, with both running backs coming nowhere near their yardage. Big Ben nearly covered 240 whilst Flacco came nowhere near.[/quote'] Couldn't disagree more. I can honestly say that I wasn't even worried when we were down 21-7. Ive talked to at least 5 people who made the Steelers 2H bet the biggest bet of there year. The Ravens never had a prayer of winning that game. The Steelers were shooting themselves in the foot the entire 1H. Just look at there yards even in the 1H. The Steelers gave up nearly 100 yards in penalties in the 1H. For me, this game was never in doubt unless the Ravens came out with a totally different game plan in the 2H, clearly they did not. Easy to say in hindsight but the Ravens offensive and defensive gameplan were pathetic from the jump and you can see that in the 1Q

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Couldn't disagree more. I can honestly say that I wasn't even worried when we were down 21-7. Ive talked to at least 5 people who made the Steelers 2H bet the biggest bet of there year. The Ravens never had a prayer of winning that game. The Steelers were shooting themselves in the foot the entire 1H. Just look at there yards even in the 1H. The Steelers gave up nearly 100 yards in penalties in the 1H. For me' date=' this game was never in doubt unless the Ravens came out with a totally different game plan in the 2H, clearly they did not. Easy to say in hindsight but the Ravens offensive and defensive gameplan were pathetic from the jump and you can see that in the 1Q[/quote'] When your 21-7 up you should really go on to win most of the time, and not choke the way the Ravens did. All 3 turnovers in the 2H were of our own doing, Rice a daft fumble with the ball away from his body, the stupid Flacco cock up and an awful throw which anyone could've intercepted. Thought the Ravens defensively had a good game, they were just on the field too much in the 2H and didn't have any help from the offence. Thats where the blame lies, it was a pathetic offensive performance really, Flacco was shyte. Apart from the Big Ben throw on 3rd &19, Steelers didn't really win this game IMO, the Ravens lost it.

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks I tell you what I was impressed with the Steeler fans today, they made Heinz Field a fortress, even when you were 21-7 down they kept strong. I think home field advantage was vital tonight in the end, looking back the H2H in the last match back in early Dec was key, Ravens cant win away at key destinations and are far better at home. If the Jets beat the Patriots tommorow I think your easily Superbowl bound, although a visit to the Patriots would be extremely difficult because they seem to 'have your number' dont they

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Picks Pittsburgh -3.5 @ 2.08 :D Great comeback after the early hiccups. Over 37.5 @ 2.00 :D Helped by quite a few turnovers and short fields to work with. Huge play by Big Ben at the end to set up the winning TD, but he does tend to hold nto the ball for too long at times. Green Bay @ 2.02 :D Rodgers showed that he is quality in this game to pass for 366 yards (31 of 36 passes completed - 85% :notworthy) and 3 TDs Under 43 @ 2.02 :( Did not expect GB to blow them out this easily. Defence was very good yet again. Keep the two teams alive to win their respective championships: Pittsburg @ $4 to win AFC GB @ $7 to win NFC Record: 7-3 (4.66) Tomorrow: Chicago -10.5 @ 2.04 Pinnacle Under 43 @ 2.02 Pinnacle New York Jets +7.5 @ 1.99 Centrebet Over 44.5 @ 1.97 Pinnacle