** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Right here we go... My selections are as follows, I do use the markets quite often as my guide, rather like Aidy, also a little bit of info now and then, and also following the peeps I believe to be good judges on this magnificent forum! Vodka Brook 2.55 Towcester. As already pointed out today it would appear his last run was to tune him up, keep him fit etc over an inadequate 2m. Stable like a nibble and folly to ignore, has been clipped a couple of points. Taken 8's El Libretador 303 Wolves. It isn't a 100% 5 star nap by any means but I know connections are hopeful of a good run. Missed the 11's, but taken the 7's Ocean Transit 355 Towcester. McCoy back on top after he rode her to finish 2nd two runs ago. SHould appreciate the ground and trip. Slight drift but taken the 10's in case she is backed back later. Crafty George 435 wolves. Whenever Irish trainers send their horses over here for an AW meet, and they then get punted, I take notice. This horse was 14's (18's in a place)this morning and is now around the 7-8/1 mark. Lightly raced, rated 46, apprentice taking 7lbs off, so effectively off 37. Back in MAy last year he was backed from 20's into 7's at Gowran Park, he finished 5th but faded in the last furlong. I have taken the 15/2. Bet placed with Stan James. 0.10p e/w L15, plus .37p ew acca...dont ask, just what I had in the account!!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return

Agree Ted, you have to use just one bookie, as you would have to in real life. As I have 6 novice races today i'll have a go; All Towcester all Bet365 1255: Royal And Ancient, 9/2 Ran only at the weekend when behind Marsh Warbler, this is a much easier race and should be in the shake up. Dont like the form of Harry Hunts race where Ultravox finished behind him. 125: Pure Anticipation, 3/1 Won a race back in June, was green that day and beat one or two fair sorts, was well beaten at Cheltenham last time so back in her right grade here. 225: Loch Ba' 3/1 Hen Knights gelding, ran 5th behind the impressive Backspin last time, I like that form and this is slightly easier and the trip and track should suit better. 325: Buddy Holly, 9/2 Ran fifth last time behind Rock On Ruby, was beaten a long way but this is much easier, has Patreese to beat who was third behind Minella Class at Newbury. 1pt Lucky 15:ok
I think this could be considered a little unlucky BH. The first two fell before asked any serious questions when well in the race, the 3rd ran got a bit spooked before the race so may not have shown true form and the 3rd won well - I think a :wall is called for :ok

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Interesting start to this, not necessarily what i anticipated but i think we can iron out a number of issues from the start now ! I see this challenge for those amongst us that like a multiple, i probably have about 4 a month so thats all you will get from me Not expecting anyone to post everyday unless you feel the need to, its more a recognition of a bet landed paying over 1000/1, not a fantasy bet which i think some may use this as. so cmon guys, down to you to support this and get it right, its not fair on the mods to have to respond to the posters who dont put up reasons for thier bets either. I would also expect that the horses are replicated in the jumps/flat threads each day also :ok

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return As far as i'm aware the bets will be worked out to a 1pt unit stake or 0.5pts EW, so a lucky 15 will be 15pts, Patent 7pts etc.. Cant see where it says total stake should be 1pt? Am i missing something?? No need for odd stakes to be included unless you really wish too. Just stick your selections down with reasoning for each horse and state what bet you want and win or EW. We do need a line of reasoning though with all selections or they wont count towards the challenge.

As far as i'm aware the bets will be worked out to a 1pt unit stake or 0.5pts EW' date= so a lucky 15 will be 15pts, Patent 7pts etc.. Cant see where it says total stake should be 1pt? Am i missing something?? No need for odd stakes to be included unless you really wish too. Just stick your selections down with reasoning for each horse and state what bet you want and win or EW. We do need a line of reasoning though with all selections or they wont count towards the challenge.
Thats right BH, 1pt per line, said this in an early post which some may have overlooked double = 1pt treble = 1pt L15 = 1pt per line L31 = 1pt per line L63 = 1pt per line Stake will be irrelevant if return hits over 1000pts, simple as that as you say BH, no need to include the stake at all, just put win or EW:ok

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return for tuesday 0.5 point e/w treble placed with will hill Treble(s) 11 Jan 2011 - 1:20 Southwell - Win Duar Mapel @ SP EW @ 1/5 1-3 not good on write ups but here goes...won last time out and top in OR in sporting life predicted sp 12/1(sportinglife) 11 Jan 2011 - 1:30 Leicester - Win Organiz @ SP EW @ 1/5 1-3 3rd last time out and 2nd in OR in sportinglife predicted sp in sportinglife 8/1 11 Jan 2011 - 2:10 Newcastle - Win Master Sebastian @ SP EW @ 1/5 1-3 course and distance winner at a predicted price that im looking for predicted price in sportinglife10/1

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 1.40 NEWCASTLE BARRON WALTLASS 16-1 Barron is nothing special but can be excused its last two runs,its last run at southwell in a bumper was just for fitness on the fibresand,and the previous run was too far and after 170 day break,it has some nice numbers at 16-17 furlongs and it should go well 2.10 NEWCASTLE MAROUBI 7-1 This one is no world beater but now returns to chasing,and the type of ground it will enjoy..it has shaped up that it needs further which it gets today,should go well. 3.40 NEWCASTLE STRANDFIELD BAY 8-1 Strandfield bay was very poor on it's debut at punchenstown last month,but ran very green,and interesting comes to england today and i think this could be a plot in the making. 3.50 SOUTHWELL DANCING FREDDY 25-1 The outsider of the field here,this was one considered good enough to enter class 2 and 3 races,and ever class 1 ones in it's early days..However it hasnt fufilled it'spromise,it tightened up lto in at's attempt at southwell,and didnt appear to act..However it's interesting not only that connections send it back here but they push this sprinter up to 7f... BET 365 0.5pt ew L15

so cmon guys, down to you to support this and get it right, its not fair on the mods to have to respond to the posters who dont put up reasons for thier bets either.
Guess thats my program out the equation then. Rage against the machine eh :eyes.

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 0.5pt Each-Way Patent 1:40 Newcastle - COLOUR CLASH @ 16/1 E-W VC This looks a nice price for this horse here, the form of his Kelso 2nd has worked out very well. He did follow that 2nd up with a poor effort but i'm prepared to forget that as it was his first run on a right handed and all runs on left handed tracks have been decent enough efforts apart from when he fell, plus he was stepped up to 20 furlong that day. The likely soft ground will suit and drop back the 2 mile trip also a plus, comes here after a near on 10 month absence but ran well after a similar absence last year so may be no problem and is open to improvement after only the 5 starts. Only negative is the trainers horse haven't been running well so far this year, but still looks overpriced at 16s. 2:40 Newcastle - WHAT A STEEL @ 9/1 E-W @ VC Decent enough effort last time out when 4th on return from long absence. Has a good chance if building on that with ground to suit. 1:30 Leicecster - KILLFINNAN CASTLE @ 10/1 E-W VC Not good last 3 starts but hopefully cheekpieces today can't change that, this trip and ground will suit and is only 1lb higher than last win. Trainer had a nice winner yesterday, should have an each-way squeak in a race where plenty of them have question marks about them.

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return a multiple for me today whilst i work from home today 1.40 Newcastle Leith Walk, trainer has a good record here and this one has dropped to an attractive mark with the 10lb claimer on board (trainer's son?) taking its weight down to a mark of OR87. Stays further which helps on this long run in. 14/1 2.00 Leicester Laborec, another trainer pick with N King having decnet stats here. this one will like the ground and now has the conditions to win off this mark in this seller 9/4 2.30 Leicester Anquetta, on the trainer theme still, Henderson horses place here over 66% so they are mostly thereabouts. Needs to jump better but intersting return to 2m 4/1 4.00 Leicester Rushwee, Mrs Wadham has the best trainer stats of these. it looks a poor race and the selection will have to overcome a long absence but the price today is low enough to make me think they have a chance in this type of race. 9/2 win L15

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 3.50 Southwell: Fools Gold: Down 5lbs after lacklustre return to action in December makes this previous C&D winner look very attractively handicapped and should strip fitter for that outing. 2.10 Newcastle: Sammy Spiderman: Been given a chance at the weights and back in a class 4 handicap and with conditions looking ideal must have a shout at a nice price. 3.40 Newcastle: Looby Magoodle: Bumper debutant here but from stable who have to be respected in this sphere. Favourite has more on it's plate than LTO win with a penalty to carry and think with capable apprentice on board claiming an additional 5lbs that this horse has a live chance if ready to go on dedbut. 3.30 Leicester: Topsham Belle: Nicky Henderson's horse disappointed on chase debut but think can be given a chance in this today as had shown some decent hurdle form. Should handle conditions fine and if favourite fluffs it's lines this would be my idea of the one to take advantage. Fools Gold: 6/1 Sammy Spiderman: 8/1 Looby Magoodle: 9/2 Topsham Belle: 7/1 Win Lucky15

3.50 Southwell: Fools Gold: Down 5lbs after lacklustre return to action in December makes this previous C&D winner look very attractively handicapped and should strip fitter for that outing. 2.10 Newcastle: Sammy Spiderman: Been given a chance at the weights and back in a class 4 handicap and with conditions looking ideal must have a shout at a nice price. 3.40 Newcastle: Looby Magoodle: Bumper debutant here but from stable who have to be respected in this sphere. Favourite has more on it's plate than LTO win with a penalty to carry and think with capable apprentice on board claiming an additional 5lbs that this horse has a live chance if ready to go on dedbut. 3.30 Leicester: Topsham Belle: Nicky Henderson's horse disappointed on chase debut but think can be given a chance in this today as had shown some decent hurdle form. Should handle conditions fine and if favourite fluffs it's lines this would be my idea of the one to take advantage. Fools Gold: 6/1 Sammy Spiderman: 8/1 Looby Magoodle: 9/2 Topsham Belle: 7/1 Win Lucky15
Sorry, prices all Bet365 at time of posting.

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Double(s) 12 Jan 2011 - 3:00 Lingfield - Win Starwatch @ 16/1 EW @ 1/5 1-3 12 Jan 2011 - 2:25 Lingfield - Win Six Diamonds @ 33/1 EW @ 1/5 1-3 bet placed 0.5 points EW double will hill(i have actually only done 25p e/w:$) but for the sake of this thread have made it 0.5 points e/w starwatch,rated 4th in adrian masseys ratings,starwatch has been placed in 8 of its 25 starts winning 2,starwatch was 4th of 12 last time out and finishing well after being slightly boxed in,again for the e/w its a bonus there is only 8 runners six of Diamonds is returning after 47 days off,this is a course and distance winner who is used to competing in class 5 races,with a record of 19 runs being placed in 8 of them,winning 4 represents great value @ 33/1,the 8 runners only in the race is a bonus,:hopefingers crossed none are withdrawn

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 2.25 Lingfield: Efistorm Has been running better than bare form recently IMO and given a chance by handicapper - could be ready to strike today. 9/1 2.50 Doncaster: China Gold Been off the track with injury since 2009, however looked a promising horse before that mishap. Will be quite a training performance should it win today but definitely given a chance by the handicapper. 6/1 3.25 Doncaster: Prince Du Beury Although has never won over hurdles or fences, the horse is quite attractively handicapped running well from this mark LTO. Stable flying and worth another try at this kind of trip IMO. 3/1 4.15 Kempton: Duke of Rainford Back down to 1lb lower than C&D win in October; positive jockey booking too so a big run expected in weak race. 7/2 All prices Bet365 BOG Win Lucky15

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return .25 Lingfield - Garstang - 8/1 Bet365 Havent backed this one yet as would like to see how he's priced up by other firms in the morning. Was looking to back Estonia having done so for her last 2 runs but 13/8 at the moment is far too short. Should get a decent pace with La Capriosa, Six Diamonds and Step It Up all potential front runners. Garstang comes here for the John Balding yard who are in good nick at the moment. He ran a good race last time out after a lengthy absence staying on nicely into fourth. Hasnt been seen much in 2010 but in 2009 he'd been competing in stronger races holding his form well, going very close of marks as high as 78, only off 70 today. Has won here at Lingfield before and his best trip these days seems to be 5f. I'm hoping he sits slightly more prominent than last time out from a good draw, getting first run on Estonia who i expect to be finishing late. 3.00 Lingfield - Waabel 12/1 Bet365 Waabel is the outsider of the 8 at the moment but has shown ability in only 8 starts and this drop to 6f may be in his favour. Jim Best teams up with leading all weather jockey George Baker here who has a 30% win strike rate for Jim. A couple of maiden efforts look strong, a close second to Kalk Bay (rated around the 90's) and 4 lengths behind Bullwhip (rated mid 90's) are impressive efforts. Both of those efforts were over 7f, he was then tried over 8f which didnt seem to suit and for his last start dropped back to 7f where he ran a good race in a class 4 handicap here at Lingfield, 3 lengths behind Sarah's Art finishing one paced. I'm hoping this further drop in trip can see him go close today. Guna have a small bet on Ivory Silk as well who gets a massive swing in the weights with Clear Praise from their run last time out, well handicapped on some form and could go close here today. 4.45 Kempton - Tilsworth Glenboy - 12/1 WH Agree with Russ about Fonterutoli and may have a small saver on that one, 6/1 is a touch too short for me though as he didnt seem to find much last time out. A probable better pace here will be to his favour imo. I like the look of this lightly raced Jenkins runner here who travelled very sweetly last time out but didnt seem to find much. That was over 8f and i think this extra 2f will really help his cause here. He's actually travelled well in his last 5 starts over a mile, winning once and going close on another. He showed last time out he can handle the track and is now 2lbs lower than that run. Should get a decent gallop here with a few likely pace setters which i think will suit this one who will most likely sit in behind. Got an each way treble on all of these at VC. Prices now are 5/1 Garstang, 8/1 Waabel and 10/1 Tilsworth Glenboy.

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 4.15 kemp. Jemimaville 11s vc 4.45 kemp. Strike force 6s vc 5.15 kemp. grudge 14s vc 6.45 kemp. Bold ring 16s vc 1 pt win yankee Jemimaville stayed on well over cd lto and looks fairly handicapped, strike force is usually in the shake up on the aw, grudge holding his form really well on aw and should get race run to suit and bold ring should appreciate step up in trip.

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Don't really know if this counts but I have done a placepot at Kempton tonight which if i get up I reckon will pay a pretty decent amount. Very unlikely though as I have gone for no favourites. Hoping its one of them nights where loads of big priced horses go in. Probs go out in the first as its very competitive! 1. Bluebok runs consistently enough for this sort of level. 3rd to Yourlikemefrank a couple of runs ago would give him a great chance here. 2. Strike Force Very consistent on the all weather recently. Finds it hard to win but ususally gets placed. 3. Earlsmedic Probably better over further and the stable would appear to have a better chance with Stratton Banker. Just hoping they go a first pace up front and set it up for this finishers. Hopefully my selection will be one of them and a sneak a place! 4.Litotes This one has a good draw. That's about all i can recommend with this one lol. Nothing outstanding in the race that has already ran before so just hoping this one might be able to sneak a place. If I am still going after this one I will be rather pleased. 5.Camps Bay This one should definitely get a place if all 5 run. Only danger in the race would appear to be Talenti. Decent run last time out against Munsef and should get placed here. 6. Spinning Bailiwick Back to form last time out and maybe ready to strike now. Finished strongly at Lingfield over 7f and a repeat performance would see this horse go close.

.25 Lingfield - Garstang - 8/1 Bet365 Havent backed this one yet as would like to see how he's priced up by other firms in the morning. Was looking to back Estonia having done so for her last 2 runs but 13/8 at the moment is far too short. Should get a decent pace with La Capriosa, Six Diamonds and Step It Up all potential front runners. Garstang comes here for the John Balding yard who are in good nick at the moment. He ran a good race last time out after a lengthy absence staying on nicely into fourth. Hasnt been seen much in 2010 but in 2009 he'd been competing in stronger races holding his form well, going very close of marks as high as 78, only off 70 today. Has won here at Lingfield before and his best trip these days seems to be 5f. I'm hoping he sits slightly more prominent than last time out from a good draw, getting first run on Estonia who i expect to be finishing late. 3.00 Lingfield - Waabel 12/1 Bet365 Waabel is the outsider of the 8 at the moment but has shown ability in only 8 starts and this drop to 6f may be in his favour. Jim Best teams up with leading all weather jockey George Baker here who has a 30% win strike rate for Jim. A couple of maiden efforts look strong, a close second to Kalk Bay (rated around the 90's) and 4 lengths behind Bullwhip (rated mid 90's) are impressive efforts. Both of those efforts were over 7f, he was then tried over 8f which didnt seem to suit and for his last start dropped back to 7f where he ran a good race in a class 4 handicap here at Lingfield, 3 lengths behind Sarah's Art finishing one paced. I'm hoping this further drop in trip can see him go close today. Guna have a small bet on Ivory Silk as well who gets a massive swing in the weights with Clear Praise from their run last time out, well handicapped on some form and could go close here today. 4.45 Kempton - Tilsworth Glenboy - 12/1 WH Agree with Russ about Fonterutoli and may have a small saver on that one, 6/1 is a touch too short for me though as he didnt seem to find much last time out. A probable better pace here will be to his favour imo. I like the look of this lightly raced Jenkins runner here who travelled very sweetly last time out but didnt seem to find much. That was over 8f and i think this extra 2f will really help his cause here. He's actually travelled well in his last 5 starts over a mile, winning once and going close on another. He showed last time out he can handle the track and is now 2lbs lower than that run. Should get a decent gallop here with a few likely pace setters which i think will suit this one who will most likely sit in behind. Got an each way treble on all of these at VC. Prices now are 5/1 Garstang, 8/1 Waabel and 10/1 Tilsworth Glenboy.
2 winners at 5/1, 8/1 and a NR :clap not quite enough for the leaderboard though !!

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Double(s) 13 Jan 2011 - 4:10 Hereford - Win Sail And Return @ SP EW @ 1/5 1-3 13 Jan 2011 - 3:40 Hereford - Win Special Occasion @ 25/1 EW @ 1/5 1-3 EW Stake : £1.00 (£0.50 x 2) Sail and return is a good e/w chance in a weak race,top or in sporting life and a forcast price in sporting life of 16/1,also adrian masseys top rated horse for this race,has finished 2nd in 3 of its 10 starts,hopefully this time can go one better special occasion is a forcast 25/1 shot,if runs to previouse form can defy top weight,special occasion has won 3 of its 10 starts to date also winning over this distance twice before,at 25/1 i think is a good value e/w bet in a 10 runner field,it also has the top sporting life OR and is 3rd best in adrian masseys horse rateings.

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return I will have a go with my two selections today, I have backed them both each way but for the purposes of this I will go for a 1pt win double. I realise I will need to hope one or both of them drifts to make the leaderboard if they are both to win but here goes: 14:20 Catterick Star Beat is the one I like most in this race and today the eight year old makes the step up to 3m6f for the first time with 3m2f being the furthest trip he has tackled so far to date. I believe the step up in trip can bring out some improvement in him, especially at a course he acts well at. His form at this track reads 282411. His first win at the track came over 26 furlongs in a novice event back in March 2010 where he won confortably by 4 and a half lengths. He then appeared at this track again in his last outing 30 days ago, running out a 7 length winner in impressive fashion having been eased down towards the finish. Has faced a 12lb rise for that win but I believe he can go close again off todays mark of 116. Has not won on ground softer than good but his 2nd place finish here came in soft ground and his 4th placed finish came in good to soft ground so the ground conditions does not put me off him at all. According To Pete is likely to make the running today which will suit my selection fine in my opinion, despite making virtually all here LTO I believe running prominently in behind According To Pete will benefit him today, especially with the extra half mile to cope with. He did win here in March when racing prominently so I think Richie McGrath will be happy enough to race prominently and not get tied up in a battle for the lead in the early stages of the race. Star Beat @ 13/2 (VC Bet - BOG) 14:50 Catterick Not the strongest of contests in this race but I'm going to take my chances with Wardington Lad. This will be the horses 9th attempt over hurdles today and only his 12th race to date so its fair to say he is still relatively lightly raced. Won a national hunt race on his debut way back in May 2006 and didn't win again until March 2009 when he won a class 4 handicap hurdle at Towcester off a mark of 94 (3lb claimer on board). Just the four races since with his best effort coming in his following race at Chepstow where he finished 2nd off a mark of 98 (3lb claimer on board again). Finished off the year of 2009 with a 6th placed finish and was not seen out again until the 21st of November 2010 where he was pulled up. This was his first run in around a year and a half so its fair to say he may have needed the run. Was out on the AW at Southwell LTO where he finished 5/10. Was well beaten but the run should strip him fitter for this race and I believe he has chances off today's mark of 100, especially with a 7lb claimer on board which technically has him down to his winning mark at Towcester. His win came over 20 furlongs so todays trip of 19 furlongs should be adequate for him. Wardington Lad @ 11/1 (>VC Bet - BOG) Have also changed Star Beat to VC Bet for the purposes of this and noticed it is now a better price on there than I have in my own thread. :hope

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return L15(ew) for today, placed with Stan James. Catterick 2.20 Like Tim Easterby's Zitenka here. Useful conditional on top, will appreciate the conditions and I think the 10's represents decent value. Southwell 300 The Lock Master is the one for me here. Won a race off 72 back in May at Dundalk, then finished 2nd off 77 at Tipperary. Now racing off 66 after chasing home the impressive Dubai Hills the last twice. I think today represents his best chance of getting his head on front. 4's with Stan. Hereford 340 Unashamedly following Monterrosso here with Lord Singer. His write up seems to point to the fact that horse is expected to run a decent race wth conditions looking sure to suit. 11/2 with Stan, I think he'll run a place at least. 450 Kempton. Only considered this horse after seeing the market move for it this morning but I have always respected the money from the Derek Shaw stable. Tyrannasouras Rex is the nag in question. At his peak in 2009 he was rated 80, today he runs off 49. The draw isn't ideal (4) and the trip may be iffy as all his wins have come at 5 not today's 6 furlongs. But he has some form over the longer trip, and if Fanning can drop him in and then pick off his rivals late, he could sneak a place and maybe just maybe snatch the win. Taken 8's with Stan. 0.5pt e/w :hope:hope for a little bit of :drums and some :beer

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 2.25 THURLES ANOTHER PALM 8-1 the favourite will be hard to beat here,but i think the meade runner definately has the beating of the 2nd favourite..the ground is ideal for it and this trip will bring out the best in it imo.. 2.55 THURLES MARLOWS MOMENT 12-1 This one is no world beater but it has ran well in grade 3 races and there isnt nothing of that level here,fell last time out when going ok and will enjoy this ground,on a decent handicap mark and should place imo. 3.25 THURLES BALLINAHOW LADY 10-1 Ballinahow lady has a good chance here imo,the favourite back of the pack is not as good over the hurdles as it is over the chase course ,and this one placed in a grade 3 last month,and another who should go well on the ground 5.20 KEMPTON PHAI MAI BLUE 8-1 Phai Mai Blue is no world beater but does act well on poly track,and is on a very good mark,it hasnt ran in a while but could do it good and could be fresh..Was too far at epsom but has ran well here before. 0.5 ew LUCKY 15 LADBROKEs