** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return

Ok, this caused quite a lot of debate as to how to follow the 100/1 challenge from last year Decision is to run a Multiples thread with a 1000pt return challenge. Personally, i think this will create a bit of interest and may bring a few new members in, the idea is simple, keep posting your selections in the daily jump or flat threads, however if you wish to post a multiple, please post in here each day What i need is for someone (or a few of you) to keep a league table of the highest multiple returns. Please do this in this thread and post something like this: 09/01/11 - Tedthewolf - L15 return 150pts Please post any returns over 100pts with the challenge going to a return of over 1000pts The 1000pt return has to be from either your confirmed stake on the bet in line with the maximum's below. No greater than a 1pt win or 0.5pt ew stake on any single line. Double 1pt max stake Treble 1pt max stake Accy 1pt max stake Patent 1pt max per unit = 7pts Yankee 1pt max per unit = 11pts L15 1pt max per unit = 15pts Canadian 0.5pts max per unit = 13pts L31 0.5pts max per unit = 15.5pts L63 0.25pts max per unit = 15.75pts I would hope that posters wont just put up 4 outsiders and hope to win, please be fair and put your bets up with the reasoning that you use in the Jumps or flat thread Enjoy ! I will be certainly be playing during Cheltenham week :ok Start from tomorrow 10/01/11

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Is there a need for a separate multiples thread each day? Could just put the details of the multiple under your post in the daily thread. What are basic details of how many points you can use for doubles/trebles etc? For example if someone does a 1pt treble and someone else does a 100pt double. Good luck to all with this, as long as reasoning is still given it should be ok. I was worried people would just post hopeful multiples and ATR would end up like Betfair. Could be some interesting ante post multiples/Cheltenham multiples. :ok

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Points wise someone suggested 1pt win for L15 and yankee, similar or .5 e/w and thats sounds about right you could have 1pt P/Pot or .5 P/Pot J/Pot as for doubles. treb, quads etc what about having 15 or 20pts win or 7.5 10pt e/w for them?

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Guys i thought this would be simple... Here goes, the return is a notional 1000pts from a 1pt stake double - 1pt stake treble - 1pt stake Lucky 15 - 1pt stake Canadian - 1pt stake its not a competition lads, just a challenge. Please carry on posting your normal bets etc but post any multiples in here to keep all in one thread I am not sure how this will go as we were 50/50 on this as an idea so its down to you guys to police this and keep it going. There is no need to have different stakes etc, it doesnt matter if you have a 100pt win double, it will only be a 1pt win double for the challenge I hope the above is clear now?

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return I follow, basically you need a return 1000 times the stake you outlaid to win the prize. Anyone whose return is more than 100 times their total stake makes it onto the leaderboard? It could potentially be messy to work out as peoples stakes vary widely, and might not calculate their returns properly. I am game to have a bash though, if its too complicated then I suppose a simpler doubles only thread would be a lot easier to calculate further down the line. Roll on the flat!

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return What Rob is saying is it doesnt matter what stake you use, for the purpose of the challenge it will be worked out to a 1pt stake. Therefore easy to work out for all. ie; Winners at 7/2, 7/2, 4/1 and 4/1 in a 1pt Lucky 15 will do the job 15pts staked : 1088pts returned plus bonus if we are including that? (I'm assuming EW bets will be 0.50pts EW)

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return

3 Selections Chosen
1Towcester 10th Jan - 15:25 Backing: Fairview Sue @ SP
2Towcester 10th Jan - 13:25 Backing: Iris Mary @ SP
3Wolverhampton 10th Jan - 14:05 Backing: Granny Anne @ SP
Treble
SelectionsOdds*StakePotential Win
1,2 and 3SP£2.00TBD
Bet references:
*Odds shown are projected and may vary. More info reason for this treble,they are all girls names,hay ho good enought reason for me,plus i cant pick horses at the best of times £2 staked will half the winnings for the sake of this thread:dude

I follow, basically you need a return 1000 times the stake you outlaid to win the prize. Anyone whose return is more than 100 times their total stake makes it onto the leaderboard?
thanks fin, i am sure that we can double check a multiple if someone posts one up that achieves the 100pts + return but yes, a return 1000 times a notional 1pt stake is how this works out eg a treble of 10/1, 10/1 and 10/1 will return over 1000/1 a lucky 15 with 3 x 10/1 winners will do the same sounds easy but ........

3 Selections Chosen
1Towcester 10th Jan - 15:25 Backing: Fairview Sue @ SP
2Towcester 10th Jan - 13:25 Backing: Iris Mary @ SP
3Wolverhampton 10th Jan - 14:05 Backing: Granny Anne @ SP
Treble
SelectionsOdds*StakePotential Win
1,2 and 3SP£2.00TBD
Bet references:
*Odds shown are projected and may vary. More info reason for this treble,they are all girls names,hay ho good enought reason for me,plus i cant pick horses at the best of times £2 staked will half the winnings for the sake of this thread:dude
[/quote .....ill say it... :wall:wall:wall:@ FFS at this rate the thread is going to get locked before we get started. Proper reasoning guys or the mods will wipe the post. Even i can do slightly better than that:eyes

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Heres a good example from yesterday... 0.5 E/W LUCKY 15 WITH SJ Date & time Event Your Bet Result Return 09.Jan 2011 10:24 Leopardstown 15:00 Outright Betting, Across The Bay, 33/1 Open 09.Jan 2011 10:24 Leopardstown 14:25 Outright Betting, Northern Alliance, 33/1 Open 09.Jan 2011 10:24 Leopardstown 13:50 Outright Betting, Jered, 12/1 Open 09.Jan 2011 10:24 Southwell 14:45 Outright Betting, Fishforcompliments, 14/1 With 1 winner and 3 places paid 261.55 points (8 winning lines from 30). Only one winner so i got double the odds for the win part of the bet. PP only returned 210.10 but they were BOG there prices. Its amazing how the pts add up for e/w way part of this sort of bet with decent price placer you can get over a 100pts without finding a winner!

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Off on my hols for a week tomorrow so ill have a stab at getting the spending money. 2.55 TOWCESTER~CAMDEN GEORGE 8/1~Doesn't win many but slipped well down the weights and drop back in trip will suit. Good trainer has plenty of runners here today has a couple in this Graham Lee booked was 3rd on only other ride on top. 2.15 TAUTON~DEEP POCKETS 14/1~Dropping back to hurdles after UR over the bigger fences lto. Last win came over CD after being PU over chases, the time before so chance it could bounce back here. 4.35 WOLVERHAMPTON~CRAFTY GEORGE 16/1~ Irish raider who could go better now stepped up in trip. 5.05 WOLVERHAMPTON~BOOKIEBASHERBABE 12/1~ Franny Norton back on who has been on top for all 5 wins and should go well off current mark in this. 0.5 E/W LUCKY 15 PP PRICES BOG

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Ok Here goes 1.25 Towcester Overnight Fame .. 5/1 (Hills)...Been crying out fo this trip and should like the ground, stable in form 2.35 Wolves Too Many Questions..7/2( Paddypower)...Should know more about the game now and looks ready to strike. 2.45 Taunton Definitley Lovely..9/2 (Skybet).. Ran really well over inadequate distance lto and is Brennans only ride today!! 4.35 Wolves Carter..5/1 (bet365)..Changed stables before last race and must have a chance of a very low mark now back to a more suitable distance. 1 Pt L15

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Agree Ted, you have to use just one bookie, as you would have to in real life. As I have 6 novice races today i'll have a go; All Towcester all Bet365 1255: Royal And Ancient, 9/2 Ran only at the weekend when behind Marsh Warbler, this is a much easier race and should be in the shake up. Dont like the form of Harry Hunts race where Ultravox finished behind him. 125: Pure Anticipation, 3/1 Won a race back in June, was green that day and beat one or two fair sorts, was well beaten at Cheltenham last time so back in her right grade here. 225: Loch Ba' 3/1 Hen Knights gelding, ran 5th behind the impressive Backspin last time, I like that form and this is slightly easier and the trip and track should suit better. 325: Buddy Holly, 9/2 Ran fifth last time behind Rock On Ruby, was beaten a long way but this is much easier, has Patreese to beat who was third behind Minella Class at Newbury. 1pt Lucky 15:ok

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return I do a lucky 15 most days with B365 so might as well put them up. Dont know about hitting the 1000/1 Im consider myself lucky if I only lose my stake :( Todays ew lucky 15 :hope Towc 12.55 Miereveld @ 11 Taunt 2.45 Spe Salvi @ 7.5 Taunt 3.15 Sun Quest @ 13 Towc 3.25 Okafranka @ 17 :ok

I do a lucky 15 most days with B365 so might as well put them up. Dont know about hitting the 1000/1 Im consider myself lucky if I only lose my stake :( Todays ew lucky 15 :hope Towc 12.55 Miereveld @ 11 Taunt 2.45 Spe Salvi @ 7.5 Taunt 3.15 Sun Quest @ 13 Towc 3.25 Okafranka @ 17 :ok
Reasoning?

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 3.15 TAUNTON SUN QUEST 12-1 On a very reasonable mark here ,this one could go well if getting the run of the race..has won at this course in the past and wont mind the ground,trip a little of a concern but there has been a little money today which is hopefully a good sign 3.45 TAUNTON LORUM LEADER 7-1 Another on a great mark here is Lorum leader,and is capable..On this sort of ground it has won in the past and trip is fine,the claimer also takes off a handy 7 pounds 4.15 TAUNTON ROYAL KICKS 8-1 Royal Kicks was poor last time but maybe found the pace too much and made loads of mistakes. "raced wide, mistake and stumbled badly 1st, close up, not fluent 4th, ridden and chased leaders 10th, mistake and ridden next, outpaced 12th, left modest 4th 4 out, went 3rd soon after until before 3 out" Never seen so many mistakes but was staying on and the return to the longer trip could be key here,and also the return to hurdles..A clear round with a gentler pace could suit royal kicks which was heavily gambled last time out,and claimer takes off handy 7 pounds..Ground will be fine for it and it will be interesting to see the market in the morning but should go very close.. 3.55 TOWCHESTER TOM O TARA 8-1 Another one still on a good mark,ran too far last time out and now returns to its favoured distance of 16f,will appreciate this ground and very rarely out of the mix on a going day 0.5pt ew lucky 15 with BET 365.gl all

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return 4.05 wolves - sparking 5/1 sj held at finish last time over 5f but extra furlong will suit. Handles poly. 4.35 wolves - marino prince 5/4 sj landed hat trick over hurdles looks well treated back on flat. 1.25 towc - pure anticipation 11/4 sj denied hat trick in tough chelt race lto but worth another chance. Lightly raced over hurdles. 2.15 taun - squadron 4/1 sj shaped as if longer trip would suit when staying on second last time and handles heavy

Re: 2011 Challenge - Multiples target 1000pt return Not quite sure i understand the stakes, is it 1pt in total or 1pt per line that is allowed. Anyway i will do a e-w treble, would that be 0.5pt e-w. Each-Way Treble 3:15 Taunton - MARLENO @ 6/1 Betfred I like the way MARLENO won over this C&D last time out, he was pulling abit hard early and held up well off the pace, but then made smooth headway through the field after 3 out and was leading at the last and was driven out for a 1 3/4 length win. Has an 8lb rise here which may not stop him, usually runs his race and is not far away and could be open to abit of improvement aswell. 4:15 Taunton - MTPOCKETS @ 8/1 Betred Alot against him last time out in my opinion, chase debut and 3 1/2 miles in the heavy ground. If you forget that he has great chance here back over hurdles. He won a novice hurdle in october quite impressively and a mark of 110 on his handicap hurdle debut looks manageble. 3:55 Towcester - JE NE SAIS PLUS @ 11/2 Betfred Wasn't disgraced last time in a mares listed event when badly hampered 3 out and that did any chance she had. Couple of decent efforts before that gives her great chance here with ground to suit.