** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Sport Cricket Event 4th ODI: Australia v England Selection England Strength 10/10 Date 26/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.18 Reasoning I think England are worth a try here. Need to win the game to keep the series alive. So far has not been good, but fundamentally I don't see Australia as the better side at all. Both sides struggling with injuries. England should get Pieterson back here as well as Anderson which should be a big boost to a struggling bowling attack. Swann out which is a a loss, perhaps means Yardy will keep place instead of Collingwood. Australia have Tait and Johnson struggling, without them did a good job last time but I don't like the bowling attack they are left with. Should be a good game, need England win!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 4pts England to win @ 11/10 Bet365 A few might think I am mad. I actually think I partially mad myself, however I am going to tip England for the third match in a row. In terms of the series, this is make or break for them and I think the return of KP and Jimmy will give England some much needed stability with both the bat and the ball. We need to win this game and I think beating the Aussies at Adelaide on Australia day will satisfy Strauss/Flower/The England Camp a ridiculous amount. I've said it before and I'll say it again, man-for-man England have a better team than Australia and I personally think we want to win this a bit more tomorow. I'll take this price all day long too. 4pts James Anderson (Player Performance) 32 & Over 5/6 Bet365 Definitely a touch low for me. Jimmy will return to the England fold after a long rest and I'm sure will come straight in to take the new ball. He is an experienced ODI player with 179 wickets in 133 matches for England and I think he can get two here tomorow. He has a pretty impressive record at Adelaide as we saw in the test series and even if he doesn't get two wickets, he is capable of scoring 12 points with the bat and in the field. I don't think that will be needed though. Two wickets is well within his reach and Adelaide is historically a gold-mine for seamers. If England bat second aswell, the ball may do a touch under the lights as well which obviously helps. Skybet's over 4.5 sixes at 4/6 is very tempting for me, however I don't have an account with them. William Hill's sixes line is at Over/Under 5.5 which is again I like but I think I may see if Pietersen lines up before I go in. Good luck to all and lets fxckin hope England pull it together.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 4 for me in this match. 4pts England's Opening Partnership - Under 26.5 runs 5/6 Blue Square Since Matthew Prior came back into this England side the opening partnership has yielded 12 runs and 1 run with Prior scoring ducks on both occasions. Andy Flower has confirmed Matt Prior opens again in this match and that's enough for me as I don't class Prior good enough to open the batting at this level. In 28 innings as an opener he averages less than 25 with a high score of 52. It baffles me how he's in as an opener. At the other end Strauss looks solid but he's only made 19 and 23 so he's not filling his boots himself. Brett Lee and Dougie Bollinger look like a decent opening pair who have snared both England openers in the series thus far. Even though Adelaide's a good wicket I still think there's enough to go at with England's 1st wicket falling before they make it to 27 runs. 3pts J.Anderson's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jimmy Anderson is back after a bit of a break and I expect him to go well too. Recent ODI's have suited swing bowlers on this ground recently with Dougie Bollinger and Ryan Harris going well in past ODI's. Prior to leaving we saw Anderson has this Australia side in all sorts of trouble and I see no reason why that will change here against a pair of openers who go at the ball. He took 7 wickets in the 5 ODI's against the Aussies in England last summer along with 4 catches so both wickets and catches are in play here. I don't expect him to bat but if he needs to he can polish the two off there with a bit of luck but 2 wickets comfortably covers this line and I think he's good for that. 3pts Australia Most 6's 11/10 Skybet Australia have won the last two 6's matches in this series. 2-1 in Hobart despite being 140 odd for 8 and then 3-0 in Sydney. I think that's to be expected. Their top 3 are all heavy hitters and then White, Hussey, Smith and even Brett Lee can or have cleared the ropes in this series so far. Contrast that to England and only Pietersen in their top 5 is a natural hitter of 6's and he's still nursing a bit of an injury. Eoin Morgan, the other natural 6 hitter in the England side looks a bit out of nick to me. For a change I think Australia are the more aggressive with the bat of these two sides. It's Australia Day so the Aussies won't just want to win this they'll have reason to showboat a bit in front of what will be a big crowd and so 11/10 looks a more than fair price on Australia to out hit England. 1pt D.Bollinger Top Australia Bowler 7/2 Sportingbet In the last ODI on this ground Dougie Bollinger took 4 for and prior to that Ryan Harris bagged 5 wickets so this ground does suit the swingy, nippy bowler. Bollinger has generally bowled pretty well in the series and with his main competition here being Brett Lee who isn't suited to the conditions and Hastings who I can't work out what is strength is other than his height, then I think Dougie could be the one to be on. Shaun Tait would obviously be a runner should he play but it doesn't look like he will play. Someone like Dan Christian has gone well on his ground this season and he's an 85mph-ish type bowler who nibbles it a bit, as is Bollinger so at 7/2 I'll have a small punt on the left hander to top the Aussie wicket charts.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series

4pts England to win @ 11/10 Bet365 A few might think I am mad. I actually think I partially mad myself, however I am going to tip England for the third match in a row. In terms of the series, this is make or break for them and I think the return of KP and Jimmy will give England some much needed stability with both the bat and the ball. We need to win this game and I think beating the Aussies at Adelaide on Australia day will satisfy Strauss/Flower/The England Camp a ridiculous amount. I've said it before and I'll say it again, man-for-man England have a better team than Australia and I personally think we want to win this a bit more tomorow. I'll take this price all day long too. 4pts James Anderson (Player Performance) 32 & Over 5/6 Bet365 Definitely a touch low for me. Jimmy will return to the England fold after a long rest and I'm sure will come straight in to take the new ball. He is an experienced ODI player with 179 wickets in 133 matches for England and I think he can get two here tomorow. He has a pretty impressive record at Adelaide as we saw in the test series and even if he doesn't get two wickets, he is capable of scoring 12 points with the bat and in the field. I don't think that will be needed though. Two wickets is well within his reach and Adelaide is historically a gold-mine for seamers. If England bat second aswell, the ball may do a touch under the lights as well which obviously helps.
Finally a good win for England. Both these came in meaning +7.72 for the ODI. Had a look at Watson's series so far and if my sums are correct, he is sitting on 319 points at the moment making my outright on him look in good shape. Hopefully England win the next one and Watson clears those 31 points needed. Off the top of my head a couple of those came in for Kev and Cramer had a win. Played all round :clap

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Sport Cricket Event 5th ODI: Australia v England Selection England Strength 10/10 Date 30/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.14 Reasoning Just like the last game going for England. Look much better with Jimmy in the side and a lot more balanced. Need to win this to keep the series alive and maybe have a bit of momentum. Still think they are a better ODI side than Australia. Aussies maybe have Tait back but never know what he's going to produce. A bit apprehensive with this game being in Brisbane, and the Aussies should be extra motivated. However, this could also be a distraction perhaps with them having other things to mind. Whatever, I like England in this game and the price is reasonable.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series No idea who will win tomorrow so am staying away from match result markets. I'll return later for my player performance bets, been mulling over some for hours. One for now though: 5pts England to Have the Highest Score at 15 Overs @ 5/6 England have taken this in three of the four matches so far. In the one that they lost, Kevin Pietersen wasn't playing and Matt Prior was looking shit-scared at the crease coming off the back of a duck in the previous match, going on to score another duck in that match. Thus two of England's fastest scorers were out very quickly or weren't even in in the first place. Both of those players feature tomorrow and Prior this time is coming off the back off a decent knock in the last match which should do his confidence the world of good. Anderson comes back into the bowling attack for England which again, helps them out in this line as he as we all know brings a good measure of control to the England bowling attack. Trott comes in at #3, he is not the fastest scorer ever but he is very good at frustrating the bowlers with his impressive ability to push the ball into gaps for quick singles/twos. Watson and Haddin score at a decent pace however, Clarke is ridiculously out of nick and Marsh hasn't played at #3 for that many matches. Just fancy England to take this again. Oddschecker tells me that Boyles have this line at EVS incase anyone wants to follow and take a better price.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 4 for me in the morning. 5pts 5th ODI - Over 14.5 wides 5/6 William Hill I'm a little bit surprised with this line. Not only because it's been covered in all four ODI's thus far but because the conditions in Brisbane recently which have been well publicised could well make the ball difficult to control. It always swings here but the moisture and humidity could have it going sideways. One of Shaun Tait or Mitchell Johnson look like being back in this match if not both and that's always a boost to any wides bet. As I say we've had 4 matches and 4 times the overs have come in. In the last ODI on this ground when Sri Lanka played here a few months ago the scores were 115 vs 119/2 and there were still 24 wides. That in itself says this line is a bit low and I'm happy to be on the overs here. 4pts England's Opening Partnership - Under 28.5 runs 5/6 Blue Square England's last 3 ODI opening partnership's since Matt Prior became an opener have been 12, 1 and 23. The 23 was on a very good batting deck which I'm not so sure this will be. Brett Lee and either Tait or Bollinger should go well early doors on this wicket and I'm still far from convinced Prior's an opening batsman at this level especially when the ball is doing a bit. Strauss is looking a bit tired to me too so I think there's still enough mileage in going under at this line for the fall of England's 1st wicket. 3pts J.Anderson's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. Jimmy Anderson came back and looked like he hasn't been away really. He did look very fresh though and I think he'll go well here. When he played an ODI against Australia here in 2007 he took 2 wickets and I think he'll do similar here. He's a very good bowler now and I'm certain this ball will swing a bit especially at the start. 2 wickets will see us good and he bagged that on a much less bowler friendly wicket in Adelaide on Wednesday. He can take catches too so we've got 2 solid methods of scoring and if this is a low scoring match he might even be able to eek us a few out with the bat. I expect this to be covered with the ball though so it's 40 or more for me. 3pts J.Trott (-0.5 runs) to beat S.Marsh 5/6 Ladbrokes Since Shaun Marsh moved up to number 3 in this series his scores have been 6 and 1. In that time Jon Trott has scored 84 and 102 so the Warwickshire man is in much better form going into this match of the two. He'll also be massively boosted mentally by a return to the ground he and Alastair Cook broke all kind of records at in the test series. Once he's in Trott's a pain in the arse to get out as Australia have realised all summer. In 4 knocks in this series he's scored 224 runs at an average of 74.66 which is sensational form. Shaun Marsh is a very good cricketer but England bowl well to left handers and Anderson will pose a threat he never had when he hit his ton in the 2nd ODI. I'm not taking anything away from that knock but England dropped their guards with them in such huge control of that match at the time. England won't be in such control in this match when Marsh is there and I think England will get him cheaply allowing Trott to beat the Western Australia man.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Been seriously thinking about these for hours but am going to back myself (something I stupidly failed to do in the Pakistan/New Zealand series). 5pts James Anderson (Player Performance) - 40 & Over 5/6 Bet365 I effectively see this line as James Anderson to get two wickets as I do not envisage him getting that much time at the crease with the bat. I backed him last week when this line was 37 & Over and I will back him again tonight. He has come back into the squad from his long break and immediately picked up the form he left behind in the test series with two wickets last time out. He brings a big element of control to the England bowling attack and he will take the new ball tomorow on a ground renowned to bring movement and bounce to the quicks. On top of his bowling, he usually fields inside the circle and is usually in positions to take catches off any mistimed shots that'll more than likely come towards the end of the Aussie innings. I'm not factoring that in though, I fully expect him to take two wickets and am willing to put my money on him doing so. 4pts Michael Yardy (Player Performance) - 33 & Over Bet365 Yardy has three genuine methods of scoring points in cricket matches. He usually bowls his full allotment of overs, is handy with the bat and takes quite a few catches. So far this series he has taken two wickets, scored 77 runs and held onto five catches. Turn those into Performance Pts and you have 167pts split over 4 games which equals 41.75pts per match. Even if he doesn't take a wicket, he is handy with the bat. He scored a measured 39* last match and held onto a catch taking a lot of pressure off his bowling. Just feel this is a touch too low and has been over the course of the series. At #8 too, expect him to come in with not that long to spare meaning he can slog his way around a bit which he can do. Batting average in ODIs sits at the mid-twenties so 1 wicket here and I reckon this will come in nicely. I already have Shane Watson to score 350 points for the series, he is currently sitting on 319 so I am hoping he clears that tomorow. I genuinely am stuck as to whether to take Brett Lee in the 40 & Over market though. He is the leading wicket taker so far this series and has a better chance of scoring runs off the bat if needed. However, it doesn't feel right in the stomach. I'll mull over it for more time and add it later if need be.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Off to grab a few hours sleep before this starts. I'm going with 3 - you've talked me into the wides bet Kev, so fingers crossed for Tait and Johnson please - 6 points for me. Collingwood Total Runs Under 23.5 @ 5/6 6 points hills I like this line for a number of reasons. As much as I like Colly, I think he's on a hiding to nothing in his new position batting at 7. If he bats at all, he will (hopefully) come in when the innings is coming to it's conclusion, so will have to score quickly without being able to play himself in, as was the case in the previous match, thus raising the chances of him getting out. I obviously don't need to dwell on the fact that he is bang out of form so that suits the bet. The final positive is that if he plays yet doesn't bat, this will win, which is unlikely I know, but is in my favour. Anderson top england bowler 5/2 will hills 2 points What a difference he made in the last match, he leads the attack so well and always looks dangerous, especially in what should be ideal conditions. The fact he is a powerplay go to bowler also suits as this is often a time when wickets fall. Good luck fellas, and come on England!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series I'm all for the Brett Lee bet Bigmac. He's been by far Australia's best bowler and the most dangerous looking bowler on either side imo. Also a decent chance he bats on a pitch that should offer something to the bowlers. Still think he has a good chance v Prior early and bowling in the powerplay for sure which could be against tailenders on here. I'M ON :ok

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Yeah exactly what I was thinking, I have decided to take it with another 4pts. This is going to be a make or break ODI for me in terms of +/-. A good day and I'm going to be well in the green, I dread to think of a bad day. Best of luck to all having a go :hope

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Flippin 'ell somehow Jimmy managed to get 20 runs :nana Lee got two wickets as expected and Watson added another 70-odd points which should take him over 350 for the series. England lost out on the 15 over score by three runs which is very annoying, would've been a nice clean sweep had that come in. Series is gone though, very disappointing in that respect. Few blinders for Kev and RG was on the Lee overs. Nice shout on the Colly runs too Otter. Another profitable cricket thread :clap

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series +7 for me with only Trott letting me down so now in the black for the series at +0.28pts. Hoping to build on that in the last two matches. Well done to all winners in game 5. This is turning into another highly profitable cricket thread :clap:clap.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Great calls - I was rooting for u bigmac when jimmy was batting! Squeaky bum time!!! Cheers for the wides tip kev, I wouldn't have gone for that without your write up! I was plus 8 for that match with only jimmy letting me down, but he bowled well and WOakes, well what can I say - you just have to bow down to a 6 for - especially involving wWatson, Hussey, White and Clarke - no mugs!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Had a bad Sydney last time around but hopefully I can nail the SCG this time. I'm in with 4. 4pts Australia to win 6th ODI 5/6 Stan James England have been woeful in this series and with the end of a long tour in sight I don't really expect much to improve. All the lip talk of preparing for the world cup and building confidence and two important matches are all well and good but we've got warm up matches in India for that. England just look a beaten team on the field and a bashed up one off it. Injuries have played their part in this series - for both sides, but England have an almost unrecognisable ODI bowling attack now. Ajmal Shahzad and Chris Tremlett are the latest to go down lame so England will have a very light, patched up bowling attack out in this match. With the bat though England have been woeful. It's not even as though we're batting against a good bowling attack. However when you can't even get your batting order right there's problems. Matt Prior shouldn't be opening in one day cricket. For me he shouldn't even be playing but if he's a one day opener I'm Sir Donald Bradman. Only Jon Trott of our batsmen can hold their heads up in this series. Australia themselves have a few injury problems. Mainly to their batting for them and Shaun Marsh is the latest one. I rate Callum Ferguson, his replacement in the squad, very very highly. It almost beggars belief IMO that he's not been seen in an Australia shirt all summer. However he isn't in the world cup squad (another strange move) so Tim Paine may replace Marsh here. Shaun Tait appears to be fit to come back to find some fitness before the plane to India so all in all Australia are in fairly good shape. England just want the plane home I think. Having to chop and change isn't ideal but even so, the fizz isn't there really. Australia have won this series comfortably and I think they'll go 5-1 up with a win here. 5pts Over 15.5 wides 5/6 William Hill There isn't a huge amount I need to say about this really. It's been covered the entire series so far and I see no reason why it won't be covered again here. Word is the temperature could be as high as 40 degrees in this match so hands are going to be sweaty making the ball tougher to control and actions could get lazy in the extreme heat and the odd ball be pushed down leg side. Ajmal Shahzad's absence might not help this bet but Shaun Tait's expected recall certainly will. Amazingly, Mitchell Johnson never provided us with a single wide in Brisbane so he owes us too. There were 17 wides here in game 3 where conditions were more pleasant and I think there will be as many if not more here. 1pt S.Smith Top Australia Bowler 7/1 William Hill I can't believe I'm placing this bet because Smith is an absolute shitheap with the ball but England seem hell bent on giving him wickets. One reason why I've taken him is this wicket is going to turn. I'm certain of that. Sydney is going through a bit of a heatwave at the minute so I expect the wicket to be very dry which will suit the spinners lovely. The pressure if off in terms of the series outcome so we might actually see a few decent leggies from Smith. Even if we don't his long hops seem to be deadly at the minute with England losing wickets to so many of them in the series so far. This is his home ground so he should know the wicket and at 7/1 I'll take the chance he comes good. 1pt ew L.Wright Top England Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Luke Wright was England's 2nd top scorer in the 3rd game here in Sydney so this price looks attractive enough, particularly when you consider that the number 11 was 3rd in the last ODI we played. England's batting has been disastrous in this series and with Liam Plunkett not yet in Australia it may be that Luke Wright is picked for his bowling as well as his batting. Yardy could be recalled as well of course. If Wright doesn't play this is void so I don't mind taking the chance. If he does play though he'll have a lot to prove. He's in the world cup squad so he'll want to stick in a decent performance to try and edge his way into the starting 11 for that tournament. He's shown he can knock it around and play and he's shown he can slap it to all parts. At 12/1 with everything to prove I think the Sussex all rounder is worth a stab in the dark here.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Worked out my +/- for the T20 x ODI's and it currently sits at +1.114 and that's including my two outrights which have already been wrapped up. Nothing is screaming at me loudly for this match though. There are so many injuries to both sides, so many players out of form and a series result that has already been decided so winner markets I'm steering well clear from. - 5pts Brett Lee (Player Performance) - 40 & Over 8/11 Bet365 The overs in the Brett Lee Performance markets have come in 5 times out of 5 in this ODI series so far and I'm pretty sure it will happen again. Shane Watson aside, Lee has probably been the best player on both sides since the limited overs started. His experience has shone through on several occasions throughout the series and has taken more wickets than anyone else. Even when he doesn't perform with the ball such as in the 4th ODI... 39runs! Don't expect him to chip in with the bat though. I reckon he can clear this with the ball alone and the reduced odds reflect that. Strauss' form has dipped majorly and he has had Prior round his little finger a few times this series. He got three here a week ago, expect more of the same later. - 3pts Australia Highest Opening Partnership @ 5/6 Bet365 I alluded to this in the above tip; Strauss and Prior are not a natural opening partnership. Despite Prior's impressive knock last time out, I still don't think he should be opening the batting in limited overs cricket. Australia took this line even when England's opening pair scored 90 runs and I really just think a settled Watson/Haddin will score more than an under-pressure Strauss/Prior. Lee will get at those two with pace and bounce from early on whilst England's bowling attack looks a bit weak and has been decimated by injuries. No Bresnan, Tremlett or Shahzad tomorow means a distinct lack of pace and aggression for England. Chris Woakes is very inexperienced despite taking all those wickets a few days back and I really don't rate Steven Finn. I actually thought they might be 1.70 or something for this. Aussies to take this for me. - 0.5pts Cameron White Man of the Match @ 16/1 Bet365 - 0.5pts Kevin Pietersen Man of the Match @ 12/1 Bet365 - 0.5pts James Andersen Man of the Match @ 15/1 Bet365 If you get it right, the man of the match market can be lucrative for you in cricket. Generally in ODIs it's the guy who scores the most runs or takes the most wickets, simple as. I really, really, really think that Pietersen is going to come up with a ridiculous innings before the World Cup. He can't go seven matches against Australia without scoring a Hundred can he? Yes his one-day form has been patchy in recent years, yes he hasn't scored a century in blah amount of matches but he is too good to rule him out changing this form very soon. The pressure is off Australia so if they see a Pietersen hundred tomorow its a minor for them. Similarly Cameron White has been due an innings for quite some time. He has got a few starts without ever pushing on to make a big score so I think 16/1 on him scoring big is worth a small back. Without the other strike bowlers for England Jimmy is by far our best bowler, if he takes 4 or 5 here I'm pretty sure he'll take the MOTM. He took 7 in two innings in the Test so a small punt on him doing well again is worth a shout.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Great game. Just another shocker for me. Brett Lee never showed up with the ball and well, none of the MOTM candidates did anything either. The wides came in and Aus won in the last over. Nice going Kev :sad

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series Happy with that match personally. Australia came in as did the wides again. The stab in the dark on Smith nearly came off with him in a four way tie with 7 balls left but was eventually edged out on the penultimate ball. Main bets won though so +6.5pts for the 6th ODI for me to put me +6.78pts overall with Perth to come on Sunday. Unlucky in that match bigmac. I'm sure you'll hit back on Sunday :ok.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 06 Feb 2011 - Australia v England - 7th ODI - Total Match Boundaries Under (45.5) @*5/6 the recent records here suggest that this line is way too high! With the highest recent total standing at 40 and the majority of matches only hitting low thirtys. This is a dead rubber but with two unrecognisable teams from what started the series - there are a lot of new batsmen playing and both teams look bowler heavy with yardy down to bat at 6 and Johnson batting 7 for Australia. Hopefully with the usual pace and bounce on offer some of the pacemen can work their way through a weakened batting line up for both teams thus keeping the scores down. Big bet for me here - 9 points. :hope

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 06 Feb 2011 - Australia v England - 7th ODI - Top Away Batsman Michael Yardy @*16/1 An interesting side bet here for a man who is likely going to bat at number 6 - 16/1 is big for him- he's not in amazing form but is cpable of topsxoring especially if the Aussie bowlers hit there straps in the first 15 overs! 1 point

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 3 for me in this final ODI. Small stakes though as it's a dead rubber. 3pts Australia to win 7th ODI 17/20 Sportingbet Australia might be resting Shane Watson and Michael Clarke but I still think they'll win this match. Tim Paine comes in for Watson and he's hit a one day 50 against England this summer already and White is a better captain than Clarke anyway so I'm not fussed about Clarke sitting out. England just want the plane home now. When coach and captain come out with all this we should play the ODI's before the tests and the schedule is awful stuff then you know you are looking at a side as a whole who can't wait to go home. England's bowling attack has been annihilated with injuries and if Liam Plunkett is the answer god only knows what the question is. We saw England capitulate tamely here in the tests and with motivation low I wouldn't be surprised were it to happen again in the ODI. 3pts Over 15.5 wides 5/6 William Hill I've ridden my luck with this bet over the last couple of matches but it continues to come in so I'll continue to back it. Johnson and Tait are both playing here while England haven't been too tight with their lines either. The doctor is meant to be blowing pretty strongly throughout this match which could lead to actions going awry and balls disappearing down the leg side. With the pace and bounce in the wicket we might see some accidental short pitched over the head wides too so I would expect to see 16 wides pretty comfortably. 3pts M.Johnson's Performances Pts - 41&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Mitchell Johnson went amazingly well here in the test series and there's no reason why in similar conditions he won't go as well again in this ODI. In the last match he was shoved up the order to bat at 4 and were he to move up here that would be no bad thing. Even if he isn't moved up the order he's going to bat 7 with Steve Smith out of this match so he should get to the crease in time to score a few runs. He could quite easily cover this in the field really. 3 wickets is a lot but not beyond him if he's at his best like he was in the test match but 2 wickets and a run seems like a perfectly viable combination so even though Johnson's been the subject of such comedy for England fans all summer, I'll take the WA paceman to get the last laugh on his home patch and cover 41pts.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series I've not been researching properly recently and has led me to post some stupid tips in the recent cricket matches. Nothing is screaming at me for this ODI too with several players and the series being over a long time ago. Will sit this one out and look ahead to the World Cup (which I can't wait for). The thread for that needs to go up asap. Best of luck lads :hope

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series 10pts England to beat Australia @evens with Ladbrokes Big bet here for me on England as I feel it is a good spot to cash in on them. Australia go into the game without Watson and Clarke, along with the already absent Ponting, Hussey and Marsh. England themselves are weakened due to injuries on the bowling front, but also to Morgan. However I feel that they have more 'solid' players suited to this format today. The predicted Aus lineup has potential collapse written all over it to me, particularly if England get early wickets. With England you have players throughout the side who can build an innings - a big quality in 50 over cricket. With both lineups fully fit, Aus are a class apart from England no doubt. But tonight sees 2 very different sides which should favour England for my money. I particularly worry about the Aus bowling in the middle overs. Ferguson, Paine, Voges all unproven to an extent, Hussey and White more suited to finishing rather than building an innings, and Johnson in at 7 (long tail). All reason enough for me to back England with some degree of confidence.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs England - 2xT20s & ODI series

06 Feb 2011 - Australia v England - 7th ODI - Total Match Boundaries Under (45.5) @*5/6 the recent records here suggest that this line is way too high! With the highest recent total standing at 40 and the majority of matches only hitting low thirtys. This is a dead rubber but with two unrecognisable teams from what started the series - there are a lot of new batsmen playing and both teams look bowler heavy with yardy down to bat at 6 and Johnson batting 7 for Australia. Hopefully with the usual pace and bounce on offer some of the pacemen can work their way through a weakened batting line up for both teams thus keeping the scores down. Big bet for me here - 9 points. :hope
06 Feb 2011 - Australia v England - 7th ODI - Top Away Batsman Michael Yardy @*16/1 An interesting side bet here for a man who is likely going to bat at number 6 - 16/1 is big for him- he's not in amazing form but is cpable of topsxoring especially if the Aussie bowlers hit there straps in the first 15 overs! 1 point
3 for me in this final ODI. Small stakes though as it's a dead rubber. 3pts Australia to win 7th ODI 17/20 Sportingbet Australia might be resting Shane Watson and Michael Clarke but I still think they'll win this match. Tim Paine comes in for Watson and he's hit a one day 50 against England this summer already and White is a better captain than Clarke anyway so I'm not fussed about Clarke sitting out. England just want the plane home now. When coach and captain come out with all this we should play the ODI's before the tests and the schedule is awful stuff then you know you are looking at a side as a whole who can't wait to go home. England's bowling attack has been annihilated with injuries and if Liam Plunkett is the answer god only knows what the question is. We saw England capitulate tamely here in the tests and with motivation low I wouldn't be surprised were it to happen again in the ODI. 3pts Over 15.5 wides 5/6 William Hill I've ridden my luck with this bet over the last couple of matches but it continues to come in so I'll continue to back it. Johnson and Tait are both playing here while England haven't been too tight with their lines either. The doctor is meant to be blowing pretty strongly throughout this match which could lead to actions going awry and balls disappearing down the leg side. With the pace and bounce in the wicket we might see some accidental short pitched over the head wides too so I would expect to see 16 wides pretty comfortably. 3pts M.Johnson's Performances Pts - 41&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Mitchell Johnson went amazingly well here in the test series and there's no reason why in similar conditions he won't go as well again in this ODI. In the last match he was shoved up the order to bat at 4 and were he to move up here that would be no bad thing. Even if he isn't moved up the order he's going to bat 7 with Steve Smith out of this match so he should get to the crease in time to score a few runs. He could quite easily cover this in the field really. 3 wickets is a lot but not beyond him if he's at his best like he was in the test match but 2 wickets and a run seems like a perfectly viable combination so even though Johnson's been the subject of such comedy for England fans all summer, I'll take the WA paceman to get the last laugh on his home patch and cover 41pts.
That's immense tipping lads:clap:clap:clap:clap All bets coming in easily. Boundaries in the mid 30's, Yardy top scoring by over 20 runs, Johnson over 80pts, Aussies win by over 50 runs and almost 40 wides:lol Probably 5 of the most comfortable bets I've ever seen, and all in the one match / thread. Brilliant.