** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 9-16 January

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Hobart: Groth to beat Mattek-Sands @Pinnacle 1.709, flat stake I just can't see past Groth in this final. Jarmila is playing at home and certainly will do her best to win her first title on home soil, so motivation is high. H2H is 1-0 for Mattek-Sands, but the match was in 2008. Mattek-Sands game in this tournament was based on a solid return against weak serving opponents - this will not be the case with Jarmila. GL :hope

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January WATSON-MIRZA DOUBLE AT 8-11 WITH SKYBET 2 POINTS! I expect the price on watson to shorten as there will be plenty of brits piling on the money for her but i still fancy her to win! She is actually playing a pretty dangerous player in the form of tsurenko! Tsurenko, like watson, has a bright future ahead of her and she had a very good win against the talented stephanie voegele in the first round! she basically played the big points better than voegele who gets notoriously nervous during tight moments! however,voegele isn't in great form right now and I still feel there is not much evidence that tsurenko is playing at watson's level at the moment.... two weeks ago watson raced through qualification in auckland hammering the talented thai youngster lertcheewakarn on the way and then she beat the classy carla suarez navarro before matching the in-form shaui peng stroke for stroke for most of the match though peng proved too classy in the end for her! she is a natural player, an excellent mover, lovely classic forehand which she likes to flatten out and a solid backhand....she still has concentration issues but she doesn't seem to have any fear of the big points which is the first trait i look for in a tennis player and sportsperson for that matter! she won her match easily today proving that she has maintained her form and she is so enthusiastic! She tweets regularly and one of her tweets from yesterday was 'rain rain go away, i want to get out there and compete'! tsurenko is not to be under estimated but watson is brimming with confidence and just seems the more likely winner! As for mirza against diatchenko, i feel this is a dead cert! she flew through her first round today and a s i have said before she is motivated and claims to be in the shape of her life! She's has monster groundstrokes and should be able to blow diatchenko off the court!Diatchenko is a fantastic battler (she's also hot) and she's very good at scraping through tight matches! But she is still an ordinary enough player...especially off her favourite surface clay where she can plug all day long! She has a powder puff serve which mirza will gobble up amd the fact that she needed three sets to get past local girl rajicic today doesn't bode well for her!good luck all!

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January GL Everybody Event: Viktor Troicki vs Gilles Simon Date: 15 January 2011 Time: 08:30 GMT (CET +1) Place: Sydney, Autralia Tournament: Medibank International Round: Final Almost three season ago there was a player called Fernando Verdasco with a great talent but a crazy brain, he wasn't playing as much as his talent would allowed him to do that, but then he won a match and that match allow him to win the DC in Argentina against Jose Acasuso, from that Verdasco was absolutely another player and he begun the following season after that match and trohpy with another tennis, another concentration and confidence... I'm not sure if the comparison between Trociki and Verdasco could be the same, probably not because Nando of course has more talent and more tennis then Vik, but both won an important match for their career, their future and their confidence. Viktor Troicki this year begun the season with another mentality and he seems really another player. On the first tournament in Doha he beated easily Stakhovsky and Gabashvili, then of course lost to FedEx and quite easily, but that is still "another world" for him... but on the first rounds he played very good and not an easy first round at all against Sergey. Here in Sydney he is playing simply amazing, Vik was already a player with a very good service, two good stroke but very discontinuos on the performance and often he seemd playing bad or worse on the most important points of the match, but here to my eyes he seems really different, he is playing with such a big concentration, very motivated and what impressed me at all during the previous rounds till the final is how he played the returns games, he wasn't till now an amazing player on the returns, quite normal I should say, of course better with the backhand but not so increible at all, here against players like Gasquet and Mayer for example, of course not Karlovic....neither Federer, but still two good player on the service..... was simply perfect, sometimes even too good and moreover on both match as with Chela he won quite easily, he played very concentrated doing the right things on the most important points and returning superb on a surface that is very fast, most of the people say exactly the same as OZ Open.... it's only my opinion but for me here in Sydney is faster at least then last Melbourne edition.... will see this here how it will be. C'mon Gasquet and Mayer are not really top players, neither Simon right now, but still the feelings are the same and I repeat once again that this Troicki is neither the brother of the one we saw for most of the last season. Simon as well seems improving his performance after spending most of last year between injuries and disappointing performance, but still far from what he has been and probably he will never back again. Yesteday Simon didn't played so good against Gulbis, that was absolutely under control of the first set with Gilles serving very bad and being really too defensive, letting Gulbis taking all the risk and deciding whichever point, winner or error and Gilles like a robot trying to put the ball on the other court, of course he is that kind of player but it's tough to win always playing all the match on that way not even trying to be aggressive sometimes, then when Ernest was serving out for the first set was broken at 0 doing just 4 errors after the return with three second services, he had also a break point at 5:5 but after that he absolutely decided like the worse Safin could have teached him to stop playing and hitting whichever ball with no sense doing 3 points on the second set with something like 21 unforced errors on 27 points played or something like that.... then of course each match is different but to think that Vik would have lost to that Simon looking to how he played Mayer it's tough. Here the key of the match is easy imho, Troicki has a better service and it will be very important for him to do it well, Simon will play as usual solid and trying to miss as less as possible, with Vik leading the game and looking to how he is playing this should be a great point for him because he is not Gulbis right now and each day is a different day, so to expekt another gift for Simon will be even too much. The H2H are 4:0 for Gilles Simon, a lot of people give so much importance to that and you pay of course this on the odds as well, but all very old when the French was at his best and Vik still very far from the player that is currently, so personally I don't give so much importance to that, of course on the confidence etc. it could matter, but definitively not so much at all. What to say, this is my analysis an I'm very very confident with this one, Troicki is playing better with a great confidence and to think that the one we saw here in Sydney till now should be underdog with this Simon for me is simply not possible. Huge investment on my side. Good Luck to everybody. Pick: Viktor Troicki (to bt. Gilles Simon) Odds: 2.23 Pinnaclesports Book: Pinnacle Investment: 10u Best regards, TennisLiveTour

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Gilles Simon -2 AH vs Ernests Gulbis. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Florian Mayer to beat Viktor Troicki. 2.65 @ Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS Klara Zakopalova +4 AH vs Jarmila Groth. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (4/10) LOSS Gulbis as expected gave up after lost the first set. Mayer sadly didn't show up and as for WTA didn't see it, so can't comment.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Hoping for good ending of the week. Pick Nalbandian and Simon to win their respective finals. :hope David Nalbandian -2 AH vs David Ferrer. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Ferrer leads H2H 6-5 but four of his wins have been recorded on clay which you can perfectly understand. For me Nalbandian is a better player on hard. He has not been broken all week long and with both players having terrific return game Nalbandians ability to hold will be crucial here. Also have to point out Ferrer's erratic style of play and huge numbers of unforced errors. Nalbandian should be too strong for him at the end of the day. Gilles Simon to beat Viktor Troicki. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Very good offer and don't think we'll get better odds on Simon. Had a chance to see both of yesterday's semifinals. Simon should have lost the first set against Gulbis but the Latvian messed up whilst serving for the set and then gave up after losing the 1st set tie-break. Simon had a walkover with 6-0 in the 2nd set and managed to save some energy. That's very important, because conditions in Sydney are very demanding. Troicki also had a helping hand from Florian Mayer who basically didn't bother playing apart from the final game before the 2nd set tie-break. He was very poor and disinterested. And despite that Troicki still got broken 3 times. Aces very big part of Troicki's success. I wonder how much would he have left in the tank for the final. Simon has beaten him 4 times out of 4 and has never lost a set to Serbian in those 4 matches. Mighty impressive. I reckon the key for the final will be Simon's better return game. Troicki was very poor when his backhand was attacked. Simon will go there a lot. Simon for me better player overall and match-up is ok for him. And one more important piece of information. One of the 4 wins for Simon against Troicki has come in the final, Bangkok 09. So that will be an additional boost.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January the main draws are out so have been spending all evening trying to do analysis. for now, i will give some tips for the qualifyiers this evening.I don't really have time to explain because it will take ages. 1. lisicki-chan double with paddypower at 4-6 3 points 2.dubois-rus double at 8-11 with skybet 2 points 3.danillidou-keothavong at evens skybet 1 point 4. pivovarova and llagosteres vives double at 11-10 1 point 5. peter polansky to beat millot at 10-11 skybet 1 point 6.falconi to win at 8-13 william hill 2 points 7. zuzana kucova at 8-15 .....bit short but think she will do it. obviously i understand that because i haven't given reasons these tips might seem unattractive but i have worked hard at them so each to their own. there aren't as many single bet opportunities as yesterday so we will see what happens. from what i have seen of the main draw i really like zakapalova at 4-5 and benesova at 4-5 but we will go into more detail about that tomorro. good luck all

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January I'd just like to say I really appreciate the tips you guys are putting up. So many of you have so much skill and take so much time to write your picks up....which I really appreciate. I spend a lot of time working but I always know that when I'm ready to bet I make my picks and then I come here first to hear what you guys have to say.....keep doing it please! Hopefully I'll add something during the Aussie Open as I've taken the first week off work to get involved I'm very much looking forward to the Sydney final....Gilles Simon is my favourite player and I feel this is his tournament. He's a better player than Troicki, and hopefully now the knee is better. He'll kill Troicki's serve and once it's in play Simon's impressive but not spectacular ability to keep the rally going will upset Troicki...H2H will continue....down to 1.73 with Skybet...I took him at 1.8 and that feels good to me

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January

[.. snip ..] Pick: Viktor Troicki (to bt. Gilles Simon) Odds: 2.23 Pinnaclesports Book: Pinnacle Investment: 10u Best regards, TennisLiveTour
Hi TLT. I appreciate your earlier Kleybanova pick :ok Tailing you today on Troicki on Pinnacle at 2.09 (I thought the price would improve with everyone jumping on Simon, but the reverse has been true). GL

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Viktor Troicki to bt Gilles Simon @2.05 Sports is about mentality. I totally agree that you overrate h2h 4-0. It has importance but mentality at the moment is that matters in sports. After winning the vital match to win Davis Cup Troicki is definately the different player and he's hungry at the moment. I wouldn't say that about Simon as he could feel a bit better after last season and think about Australian Open match already as far as he is playing tougher opponent. So I guess in all aspects it should lead to Troicki win. We'll see. Good luck

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Great match of Simon, but everything happened to Troicky. It's been a bit funny to see how every ball called out and challenged by the serbian was In and then the images of Troicky like this :@ hahaha Simon very good but Troicky once again get's too nervous. Reminds me a bit like Gulbis, these players should think about relaxing and trying to get up in hard moments of the match. Thanks all who bet for Simon, made me win some money. Hope to see you all in AO thread. :ok

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Fantastic work in this thread guys. As a casual tennis fan who tends only to watch the slams, you guys provide some great money making opportunities in these smaller events. Good luck with the Australian open. Will be following you all once again :)