** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 9-16 January

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January

Four for me today. 10pts (6/10) S.Giraldo vs. D.Gimeno-Traver Under 22.5 games @ 1.82 at Pinnacle WIN 10pts (6/10) J.M.Del Potro (-3) to bt. F.Lopez @ 2.11 at Pinnacle LOSS 10pts (6/10) S.Stosur (-3) to bt. Y.Wickmayer @ 1.99 at Pinnacle WIN 10pts (5/10) A.Rezai to bt. J.Jankovic @ 2.47 at Pinnacle WIN
Solid profit with only one loss and Rezai winning at solid odds :ok

Taking a few for the women tonight now I've seen the handicaps, not sure about the men's yet. Marion Bartoli vs Dinara Safina- Bartoli -2.5 handicap- 4/6 Bet365- (6/10) Fancy Bartoli to take this one without too much fuss. Safina has been struggling for a while in truth, but she's lost 4 on hard court, not sure if she's still struggling with her 'back injury' but she is really out of form. Saying that though, she was in this sort of form last year then she beat Kleybanova so you never know with Safina. Bartoli had a decent start to the season, beating Vania King, Benesova and also Zahlavova before losing to eventual finalist Petkovic. In her wins though, Marion was playing some decent stuff and all her wins were extremely routine wins The H2H between the two stands at 2-0 in Bartoli's favour, both meetings coming in 2007, also on hard where Bartoli covered the handicap in both games. Not sure how much you can read into these games but on current form and from last year, have to back Bartoli here against the mentally weak Safina. Maria Kirilenko vs Dominika Cibulkova- Kirilenko -3.5 handicap- Evens Bet365- (5/10) Was always looking to take a handicap on Maria here right from the moment I saw the draw. Quite a contrast in players here as we have someone who is usually quite composed and consistent in the shape of a lovely Kirilenko, and then we have a player who is very very erratic in the shape of an almost lovely providing she has her make up on Cibulkova. Maria ended the season well in her home nation before losing in the final to Azarenka. However, she won both of her matches in Hong Kong against Melanie Oudin and Rezai respectively. She didn't play great tennis but again she did what was needed. Cibulkova's form towards the end of last season was very indifferent indeed, with all types of performances. One set she would be playing well, then the next a complete transformation. She lost to Kvitova a few days ago but won her first two matches easily enough. The two of them met twice last year, with Kirilenko winning both, the meeting in Canada on hard she only lost 3 games. When Kirilenko wins a match, she will generally cover the handicap and expect her to win this one with the handicap. Na Li vs Anastasia Rodionova- Li -5.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) The handicap is a big higher than the ones I like to take but here I feel it is very achievable for Li. She's an extremely clever player and uses her little advantages over her opponent to count. Was never a massive fan of hers before last year, but from watching her on a more consistent basis, recognized what a good player she is. That was shown through her performance in the Aussie Open where she got to the semis, beating yummy Wozniacki and Venus before narrowly losing to Serena in two tie breaks. She beat Venus again just a few days ago in Hong Kong which I think will give her a massive boost for the upcoming season. Her opponent, Rodionova is a player I firmly dislike. She is so erratic and inconsistent it's laughable except when you have some money on her and she's 4-0 40-0 up in the final set and loses 6-4. (Past experience) Already lost to Jovanovski this year in 3, and whilst Li was beating the likes of Venus and Caroline, Rodionova was losing to the likes of McHale and almost a girl called Ryoko Fuda, ranked outside the top 200. They've met twice before, Li winning both and all the sets she's won have been at the loss of 3 games maximum. Class will prevail here and Li should cover the handicap if she is her clever self.
WIN LOSS WIN Decent profit there. Good watchable match between Safina ana Bartoli, unlike most Safina matches. Lu like expected beat Rodionova comfortably. Disapointing with Kiri not making it a full house though, looks like her serve was causing her problems.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Thank you Atko. Another 4 for me today, a lot of underdogs, so good luck ;) 10pts (8/10) G.Garcia-Lopez (-3) to bt. C.Guccione @ 1.81 at Pinnacle Garcia-Lopez is much better than Guccione, no question about that. And the line is quite low to be honest, expected a game or a game and a half more. If he can cover his line against the likes of Marchenko and Kukushkin (and even Berdych last season, for example), he surely can against Guccione. The price will drop in my opinion. 10pts (6/10) P.Petzschner to bt. T. De Bakker @ 2.37 at Pinnacle Last bet for the day, but I fancy Petzschner to win here. He is more experienced and better on hard courts than the talented Dutchman, who lost to Istomin last time out - the same Istomin that then lost to an average player. If this gets tight, and I presume it will, I definitely fancy the underdog with this price. 10pts (6/10) P.Cuevas to bt. R.Haase @ 2.23 at Pinnacle The odds dropped a little, but still value in my opinion. Haase has been quite erratic so far and still has to prove a lot. Cuevas likes clay more, but improved a lot on fast courts last year and this year this may well continue. Haase is not the most consistent player in the world and can make quite a few errors, so I like Cuevas at odds against. 10pts (4/10) V.Hanescu to bt. K.Anderson @ 2.78 at Pinnacle Going against most players in this one, but I think the odds are too crazy on Hanescu. I think he is still a little bit overrated and Hanescu had more rest than him. Besides, he was quite solid against Gulbis. Anderson, meanwhile, has beaten poor Luczak, ill Lopez, had a lucky escape against Giraldo and broke Roddick once for the set. Nothing to make him such a huge favorite in my opinion.

No there's no uncertanties over both of these players. Giraldo should blow Traver of court in this circumstance. Giraldo was awful in Stockholm open against swede Michael Ryderstedt and I acctually happened to see that one live in the afternoon and Traver had some mental breakdown. Ryderstedt is a good server but still ranked around 300. He has been injured and possess some talent so could go higher but still Traver was plain bad. He has'nt been mutch better since then. I think I'll agree with people about Giraldo who is better on hardcourt. I took Giraldo against claycourter De Bakker in Paris masters and it worked out well. He is a deserved favourite here.
Well done mate, i was completely wrong about Gimeno's form, he played horrible again. I guess this time of the year we should fade him more. ;)

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January K Anderson - V Hanescu K Anderson -1.5 sets @ 2.37 Bet365 Anderson played great in Brisbane, dragged Roddick in third set and showed some really nice tennis. Hanescu lost to Gulbis in first rund of Doha and i cant see him getting past Anderson neither. Outdoor hardcourts are simply not his favourite surface and he is quite limited when playing there. I wanted to go for Anderson -3 at 1.97 but consider this as a much better option since there is a possibilty of one tb at least if Hanescu will serve well. Also, odds are better. Good luck.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Hi guys, 1 more pick: WTA SYDNEY: ZVONAREVA TO PENNETTA @ 1.37 on pinnacle Zvonareva destroyed Wozniacki and V.Williams last week and she is one of the favorites to win the Australian Open. She deserves to be a no. 2 player in the world. Pennetta's fitness is a question as she had several health-related problems this offseason.

No there's no uncertanties over both of these players. Giraldo should blow Traver of court in this circumstance. Giraldo was awful in Stockholm open against swede Michael Ryderstedt and I acctually happened to see that one live in the afternoon and Traver had some mental breakdown. Ryderstedt is a good server but still ranked around 300. He has been injured and possess some talent so could go higher but still Traver was plain bad. He has'nt been mutch better since then. I think I'll agree with people about Giraldo who is better on hardcourt. I took Giraldo against claycourter De Bakker in Paris masters and it worked out well. He is a deserved favourite here.
I wrote Giraldo was awful in Stockholm vs Ryderstedt instead of Traver. Next up for Giraldo is Montanes and I don't really know how to put them in a matchup. Giraldo being fav but it looks very uncertain if he can beat Montanes. It's a tricky match since nobody really knows how good the spaniard is going to be. I think that a few fortunate draws and lucky to face out of form players on hard has made his ranking to stay top 30 after he had good results on clay where he won two tournaments. Montanes had a lucky draw in Auckland last year so he got to the semis. Faced Lemke. Who? Faced Statham. Who? And the swiss Lammer. Only players from challenger level. Thinking back to that I doubt he will get as lucky this year if he beats Giraldo but Giraldo is already a better player then all three players he met last year before Isner in the semi. Montanes is not as good on hard as the other spaniards in the top 50. I want a bit higher on Giraldo to back him.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January One from the WTA, nothing interested me there except this one. 10pts (7/10) V.Zvonareva/F.Penetta Under 21 games @ 1.79 at Pinnacle Tough to see Penetta taking anything from this match. Zvonareva beat both Wozniacki and Williams in those exhibitions matches very comfortably and should continue that here. Penetta beat Hradecka, but there are still questions about her fitness, since she had some health problems in the off-season. 21 games is a reasonable line, Zvonareva is a big favorite for me.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Decent day yesterday, hoping for a full house tonight though. Taking 3 and was thinking of taking the overs in Peer's match, or possibly her to win, but that is probably just my biased nature towards her. ;) Na Li vs Virginie Razzano- Li -4.5 handicap- 8/13 Bet365- (6/10) Took the handicap yesterday on Li and she didn't fail by creaming Rodionova 6-1 6-2, without a break point to save and looking her solid self. Here she faces a women who is ranked outside the top 100 and wo in truth had a shocking 2010. To think Razzano was once ranked inside the top 20 back in 09, really shows her decline over the past 18 months. Although she's won her last 4 in Sydney, 3 of which were qualifiers, last week she lost to Vania King who is nowhere near Li's standard. As I mentioned yesterday in my write up, Li beat Venus Williams last week and will certianly not be lacking in confidence. Easily managed to clear a 5.5 handicap yesterday against a women with the crowd on her side, shouldn't have many problems in covering a 4.5 today. Flavia Pennetta vs Vera Zvonareva- Zvonareva -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365(5/10) Interesting match this one but feel the handicap is way too low for Zvonareva providing she wants to win. Wins against Williams and a demolition of Wozniacki last week, following on from a U.S. open final and achieving the number 2 spot, really impressed with how she's developed her game. Only a few months back I remember her whining and beating herself up over stupid little things which cost her big time, but thankfully she's sorted these issues with herself out. An amazing 2010 for the Russian beating most of the top players at some point throughout the year, and beating Clijsters in Doha would have proved to herself that she can now beat anyone. Pennetta actually leads the H2H between these two 3-2, but concerns injury wise and quite a rotten end to the season, it seems to me that Zvonareva will beat her. She will have to be at her best to stand a chance in this one and feel she's still trying to get some match practice to get back to some of the form she's shown in the past couple of years. Doubt it will be a complete walkover but the Russian should take it by at least a break in each set. Tamira Paszek vs Jarmila Groth- Groth -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Was going to take the handicap for Groth yesterday but opted against it, won't be doing so today. Home nation favourite Groth, generally isn't great on hard court, only ever getting as far as the first round of the Aussie Open but last year there was an improvement in her form and results. Fourth round of both Wimbledon and at Rolland Garros, helped her up the rankings and well back into the top 100. Won a lot of challenger matches at the end of last season on hard court, as she tried to improve her game on the surface. Looks like it may have paid off as she beat Sam Stosur last week and easily beat Johanna Larsson yesterday, not getting broken in the entire match. She plays a qualifier from Austria who actually beat Groth in 3 erratic sets back in 07 where Paszek was impressing as a youngster, reaching the fourth round at 2 of the 4 grand slams. However since then she hasn't carried this encouraging form on. Only qualified for 2 grand slams last year and consistently lost her first round of qualifying for the WTA events. Won her qualifiers in Brisbane though, an beat an Aussie youngster in the first round. Don't think she'll be able to beat a classier Aussie in the shape of Groth, especially as she had 6 break points on her serve to a girl outside the top 200. Should be comfortable for Groth here, the handicap shouldn't be a problem.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Jovanovski +3.5 games over Rezai @ 2.00 (Pinnacle:3pts) This is worth a go. Jovanovski beat Rezai last year in Cincinnatti in 3 sets and she is an improving player. She has already won 4 matches here at Sydney including beating Cirstea in final qualifying in 2(granted Cirstea in a bit of a hole) and beating Kanepi 6-4 6-4 last night in the main draw...Kanepi's first match of the year but still a good win overall. Rezai beat Jankovic(on a terrible losing run) last night, hitting some huge shots but also shaky on serve hitting 11 double faults. She is notoriously flaky and her ball bashing style means she can lose to anyone and have dips in matches. I think Jovanovski can be competitive in this one and I think this bet is value. GL!

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Pick #124 Event: Alisa Kleybanova - Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez Date: 11 January 2011 Time: 02:00 GMT (CET +1) Place: Sydney, Australia Tournament: Medibank International Round: 2nd Round H2H: Alisa Kleybanova leads 1:0 (Clay) Alisa Kleybanova, strong and powerfull Russian player. Alisa is one of the youngest talent that tennis offers, she is right-handed player with a strong physical, one of the most important wta tennis service and two powerfull strokes as forehand and backhand. Kleybanova still has not achieved what her tennis could allow to her, she played some tournaments very good but some others bad enough, showing a lack of experience, sometimes also lack of brain like on a lot of match where she was leading very easily and then she lost the concentration losing incredible matches and that is what she has to work for and looking to her declaration what she is doing right now and since few months. Anyway a player of a great possible value and if in shape tough for everyone. Yesterday she had a great win against Top player Francesca Schiavone, that even not in her best period she is still tough to play because always very solid baseline player. Her preferite surface is hard outdoors, even she played well sometimes also on clay. Maria Martinez Sanchez is a Spanish player not so powerfull like Alisa, but with an all around game that not a lot of players have on wta tour. She doesn't have a strong ball that can makes a lot of winners, she doesn't serve as well so fast, but she is a solid player on baseline and she can find a lot of solution with her spin, serving as well very good and going to the net with a lot of class and efficiency. Her preferite surface is clay where she achieved the best results like the greatest one of last year winning the Rome Tir 1 defeating a lot of important players like Jelena Jankovic on the final, she can play of course and she did well also on hard, but her problem on this surface is that sometimes she is too slow and she cannot do long rallys taking the time and the rhythm to the other player and she suffers too much on this surface the players that have winners and which teorically can make the match and win it by themself. Maria Jose yesterday beated Hantuchova, that has physical problems like she already withdrawn from Brisbane a week ago and then that match doesn't matter a lot. We have analyzed as usual widely this match and the result is that for us Martinez doesn't like to play someone like Kleybanova that is aggressive and that doesn't let play, or she find the winner or she miss, the match then will depend exclusively on the Russian's performance and looking also to how good she played yesterday this could be another big motivation to with her as Alisa is a player that needs convidence to play her aggressive game and what's better to beat a top like Schiavone? We expekted a wide line, such as at least 1.60 for Alisa Kleybanova and then looking to the odds our money are for sure on her. Pick: Alisa Kleybanova (to bt. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez) Odds: 1.81 Book: Pinnaclesports Investment: 10u Best regards, TennisLiveTour.com

Decent day yesterday, hoping for a full house tonight though. Taking 3 and was thinking of taking the overs in Peer's match, or possibly her to win, but that is probably just my biased nature towards her. ;)
Actually, I was thinking about playing her either outright or on handicap too. Still thinking about it, but it may be worth a go if you want my opinion.

Pick #124 Event: Alisa Kleybanova - Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez Date: 11 January 2011 Time: 02:00 GMT (CET +1) Place: Sydney, Australia Tournament: Medibank International Round: 2nd Round H2H: Alisa Kleybanova leads 1:0 (Clay) Alisa Kleybanova, strong and powerfull Russian player. Alisa is one of the youngest talent that tennis offers, she is right-handed player with a strong physical, one of the most important wta tennis service and two powerfull strokes as forehand and backhand. Kleybanova still has not achieved what her tennis could allow to her, she played some tournaments very good but some others bad enough, showing a lack of experience, sometimes also lack of brain like on a lot of match where she was leading very easily and then she lost the concentration losing incredible matches and that is what she has to work for and looking to her declaration what she is doing right now and since few months. Anyway a player of a great possible value and if in shape tough for everyone. Yesterday she had a great win against Top player Francesca Schiavone, that even not in her best period she is still tough to play because always very solid baseline player. Her preferite surface is hard outdoors, even she played well sometimes also on clay. Maria Martinez Sanchez is a Spanish player not so powerfull like Alisa, but with an all around game that not a lot of players have on wta tour. She doesn't have a strong ball that can makes a lot of winners, she doesn't serve as well so fast, but she is a solid player on baseline and she can find a lot of solution with her spin, serving as well very good and going to the net with a lot of class and efficiency. Her preferite surface is clay where she achieved the best results like the greatest one of last year winning the Rome Tir 1 defeating a lot of important players like Jelena Jankovic on the final, she can play of course and she did well also on hard, but her problem on this surface is that sometimes she is too slow and she cannot do long rallys taking the time and the rhythm to the other player and she suffers too much on this surface the players that have winners and which teorically can make the match and win it by themself. Maria Jose yesterday beated Hantuchova, that has physical problems like she already withdrawn from Brisbane a week ago and then that match doesn't matter a lot. We have analyzed as usual widely this match and the result is that for us Martinez doesn't like to play someone like Kleybanova that is aggressive and that doesn't let play, or she find the winner or she miss, the match then will depend exclusively on the Russian's performance and looking also to how good she played yesterday this could be another big motivation to with her as Alisa is a player that needs convidence to play her aggressive game and what's better to beat a top like Schiavone? We expekted a wide line, such as at least 1.60 for Alisa Kleybanova and then looking to the odds our money are for sure on her. Pick: Alisa Kleybanova (to bt. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez) Odds: 1.81 Book: Pinnaclesports Investment: 10u Best regards, TennisLiveTour.com
:welcome, great write up, more words there than in my uni essay, and I do English :lol

Actually' date=' I was thinking about playing her either outright or on handicap too. Still thinking about it, but it may be worth a go if you want my opinion.[/quote'] Get 2/1 for her if you look about. Azarenka maybe a worry in her fitness, didn't play brilliantly yesterday but neither did Shahar. That's why I was opting to go for the overs but it may just be me kidding myself that Peer will win every match lol.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January A few for me tonight in the tennis. - Alexandr Dolgopolov -3 games AH (vs Bernard Tomic) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (7/10) I have to favour the Ukrainian here. Dolgopolov is the more experienced and assured player and beat Tomic in Australia last year, 6-4 6-4. He is a better player on clay but last year proved that he can mix on a quicker surface. He is used to playing a better calibre of player than Tomic and isn't a man to be fazed by the home crowd. Tomic has come through the qualies after being spanked by Mayer but Dolgopolov is a step up from guys like Kubot, who he beat a few days ago. Tomic is still learning at this level, and I feel Dolgopolov will suss him out. Handicap seems reasonable and achievable. - Gilles Simon (vs Yen-Hsun Lu) x Thomaz Bellucci (vs Michael Russell) @ 2.13 with Pinnacle (4/10) Not sure I like the handicaps on either player due to price and lines but reckon they'll both win. Simon has a 2-0 H2H record on the hard against Lu and despite his loss to Giraldo, I feel he's still a handy player in these conditions. He's up against a similar player in style but Lu, for me, is more likely to crack in longer rallies. That seems to have been the case in previous matches, and I feel the Frenchman will get back on track here. Bellucci is playing his first match of the new season but he should be too strong for Russell, even on a hard court. He's got the consistency in his serve and the forehand to do damage to Russell, who is plucky but often gets tight at crucial points. He pulled out injured in qualies last week to a tournament, so I question his fitness here. - Robin Haase (vs Pablo Cuevas) +1.5 games AH @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (4/10) Think this line is all wrong here. Cuevas is yet to play this year and despite his good form at the tail end of last year, outdoor hard isn't his game at all. He can serve well, as can Haase, so I can see this being pretty close, but Haase is sharper, having made the Chennai quarters last week. He's also beaten the Uruguayan before and has a game more suited to these conditions. Could be tight and a +1.5 game handicap could be enough even if he loses, although I think he'll get the job done regardles. Also fancy Hanescu +2.5 games, but will wait on that one. :hope

A few for me tonight in the tennis. - Robin Haase (vs Pablo Cuevas) +1.5 games AH @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (4/10) Think this line is all wrong here. Cuevas is yet to play this year and despite his good form at the tail end of last year, outdoor hard isn't his game at all. He can serve well, as can Haase, so I can see this being pretty close, but Haase is sharper, having made the Chennai quarters last week. He's also beaten the Uruguayan before and has a game more suited to these conditions. Could be tight and a +1.5 game handicap could be enough even if he loses, although I think he'll get the job done regardles. Also fancy Hanescu +2.5 games, but will wait on that one. :hope
The reason for this line is that Haase could well be badly fatigued and jetlagged. The fatigue factor has to be huge for both Malisse and Haase, would be surprised if either won. Flight was 3.30am Chennai time. 15.5 hour flight. 7.5 hour time difference. So touch down 2.30am local, by the time get to bed probably about 5am. Maybe wake up at 1pm and hit for a bit. Then out for matches at 7.30pm and 9.00pm. Add to this that Mallisse is not the fittest and had several tough matches last week, culminating in him looking knackered last set of final vs Wawa. Haase played 3 3-setters in singles, and played 4 tough doubles matches. Clement finalist last year, although I do think he's well past his best, and Cuevas should be fresh and eager to start the season with a win. Obviously majority of value out of the prices now though.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Sorry, take a lot of that back. I didn't realise he went so far in the doubles. In that case, your point is most definitely valid, and changes the dynamics of the bet somewhat. Still think he's got a good chance though.

I take your point on Malisse but not Haase. He played on Friday and will have been there for a few days. Not sure it'll be as big a factor for him as you make out' date=' although definitely for Malisse.[/quote'] You've obviously missed that Haase played the doubles final which ended at 10.30pm local time on saturday

Sorry' date=' take a lot of that back. I didn't realise he went so far in the doubles. In that case, your point is most definitely valid, and changes the dynamics of the bet somewhat. Still think he's got a good chance though.[/quote'] Haase is an enthusiastic sort and could be the type to roll on confidence and adrenaline, but....... the amount of court time, the travel time and the change in time zone vs a fresh opponent..... well I'd be very impressed if he won. Hopefully you'll get the h'cap and I'll get the match :lol

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Lay Monaco @ 1.33 Gamebookers Mannarino played some matches here, won against Donskoy and Dabul what means he had some match practice unlike Monaco who will play his first match since losing to Nole in Bercy. Monaco is by default an claycourter who did improved on hardcourts but he's still just a -claycourter, and very inconsistent one. His form and physical and psychological condition are unknown and such player has to be faded at such odds. Of course he's a favourite but there's absolutely no value in backing him. Good luck. Lay Dolgopolov @ 1.44 Bet365 Funny odds despite they look fair on the first sight. Dolgopolov is a claycourter who had decent season last year and he is expected to make one step further in his career in 2011. However, Tomic is a young talented hardcourter, and Australian which will have big support from the stands as he's tagged as a big prospect for the future. Tomic already defeated Berrer, Kunitsyn and Kubot here without dropping a set what is a great thing for his confidence. All 3 players are more or less on Dolgopolov's level so 1.44 against Tomic is insane. Laying Ukrainian players is a no-brainer. Good luck. Lay Simon @ 1.40 Sportingbet Simon got spanked against Giraldo and according to those who watched the match he looked completely out of interest. Simon is a "heavy" player who needs time to catch form and cant be thrusted as such a heavy favourite against Lu who is a decent hard courter. On his day he can beat Simon, and he's IMO not worse than Giraldo. Odds on frenchman should be at around 1.60-1.65. Lay Gasquet @ 1.20 Expekt Another local player meeting heavy favourite who lost a match against Phau after leading 1-0 in sets and having one break up in the second. RG is too unreliable atm, Ebden played well at Brisbane defeating Istomin and losing to Sod so with a bit of luck and crowd being behind him we might see a surprise here. Laying 1.2 is surely worth a shot. GL

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Auckland. Santiago Giraldo -3.5 AH vs Daniel Gimeno Traver. 1.77 @ Pinnacle. (6/10) WIN Sydney. Francesca Schiavone to beat Alisa Kleybanova. 2.02 @ Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS Auckland. Carlos Berlocq vs Philipp Kohlschreiber. Under 20.5 games. 1.62 @ >Bet365 (7/10) LOSS Hobart. Alla Kudryavtseva to beat Magdalena Rybarikova. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Not much going right on Monday, ended the day with -

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January 5 matches this far for Tuesday... 1) Sydney. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez -3 AH vs Chris Guccione. 1.80 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Unless Gucci manages to get couple tie-breaks out of this, the handicap on GGL will work, I'm pretty sure about that. Guccione is brainless hitter all about serve, there's not much skill apart from that and he really is all about the first serve. In all honesty can't see him breaking GGL and the Spaniard should be fine unless he makes a mess himself. Guccione has played 3 tough matches already here getting thru qualies and playing 9 sets over 3 matches. Surely he's gonna be tired and that will result in the dropping of the first serve percentage. GGL to win by 3 or more games is my call here. 2) Sydney. Victoria Azarenka -3 AH vs Shahar Peer. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Funny that this offer is still on, when most bookies are offering half a game more, would have taken that one as well. Both players played 3-setters in the opening round and Azarenka really needed match practice as she has not had much of that recently. She got past Ekaterina Makarova who has caused her problems in the past. Peer for me is the type that will struggle mentally against player whom she has never beaten (0-2). Aza has covered this line in both matches she's won against Peer. Really good offer in my opinion. 3) Sydney. Kim Clijsters vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. Under 17 games. 1.80 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Barring a very poor performance by Kim she will demolish Strycova. 17 games is a game or two higher that it should have been here. Really not much to write about, the whole thing is so obvious what's gonna happen here. Kimmy crushed her 2 and 1 in Indian Wells last year and I can see similar scoreline in this one, too. 4) Sydney. Virginie Razzano +5.5 AH vs Na Li. 1.97 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Can't believe in this one, really can't, I mean -5.5 on Li. She is error prone player and can lose to everybody on tour. I really do believe, that Razzano is well capable of keeping this one a close match and forcing some errors from Li. They have played couple times, with Le crushing Razzano 2 and 0 in Wimbledon 06, Razzano got a revenge couple years later winning on a hard court over 3 sets in Fed Cup. 5.5 games handicap is too big for Li to cover on her own, it will take a helping hand from Razzano to get this done. 5) Sydney. Bojana Jovanovski to beat Aravane Rezai. 2.40 @ Nordicbet (4/10) Have to admit that I have never seen Bojana play and this bet is against Rezai as much as anything. Remember Rezai backing to beat Jovanovski with handicap line that was something about 5 games, they played in Cincy Premier event last year. Rezai lost that one in 3 sets. Jovanovski has got some nice wins here beating ppl like Cirstea and Kanepi who is a pretty decent player on faster surfaces. Rezai did get past Jankovic but did so in 3 sets and had 11 double faults in that match and also had 15 break points against her. I'm afraid that's just not good enough, besides she is in my blacklist for reasons I'm not allowed to post but everyone can have a guess. No answers coming, though...