** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International

kevshat

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Maybe I'm bias as a cricket fan, but had a similar word with Kev in the Carribean T20 thread... All forms of cricket seem to be thriving at the moment? Been some great clashes involving many teams in all formats in recent weeks / months. Definately a place for all forms.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International

Maybe I'm bias as a cricket fan' date=' but had a similar word with Kev in the Carribean T20 thread... All forms of cricket seem to be thriving at the moment? Been some great clashes involving many teams in all formats in recent weeks / months. Definately a place for all forms.[/quote'] I agree i think cricket overall has found the right balance. I just hope nothing else will ruin it as its near enough perfect at the moment, although the ODI's should be reduced slightly.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Some great calls on the additional markets as the proteas have caused quite a few upsets, I even backed them in play even after they put that poor total in the 3rd ODI. Just a quick question, why would you back India in the fremaining games, they have the lewast experienced team and South africa are still the best bowlers, just being let down by their batsman. I still think South Africa to win along with to win 1st 15 overs are decent bets.Yet, they have lost the last 2 but thats mainly due to the poor form of their Batsman but they have still been tight games. Other than pathan, who really can score runs for india.I think the last 2 games set up the odds nicely for SA to win the last 2 games.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Fantastic stuff guys. Looks like I have missed some great bets :( Unfortunately my laptop has died on me which means this series as a betting proposition is probably over for me.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Hope you're sorted soon mate, especially with the world cup not far away :ok. Onto today's 4th ODI. 3 for me. 4pts India (+2.5 wickets/13.5 runs) to win 4th ODI 5/6 Sportingbet I wasn't going to play India in this game given I'm on them to win the series but this handicap and more specifically it's price has lured me in. India lost the opening match of the series but I'll forgive them that as Durban is a win the toss win the match venue. India didn't win the toss and that was that. However India have fought back strongly in this series and lead 2-1. One thing which is keeping them in this series is the lack of depth of South Africa's batting lineup, a point proved perfectly in Johannesburg. Although Botha can hold a bat you couldn't really call him an all rounder and yet he's walking out at 7. Assuming Parnell is dropped for Imran Tahir that batting line up gets even weaker. India have no problems on that score. Harbhajan who is an all rounder is walking out at 8 for them while Zaheer can hold a bat at 9. Port Elizabeth aids the spinners and is usually a decent batting track and both those factors are in India's favour too. The last two matches have been tight so I'll take India on this handicap. 3pts 8 or more 6's 7/4 Sportingbet The price has moved me in here I think but that's not to say the bet hasn't got a chance. It very much has. This is a fairly good batting track at St Georges Park and it won't do a lot for the extreme pace men which means players can hit through the line. Although the last ODI here had no 6's in it I'm prepared to ignore that because it was a day game and England took full advantage of bowling conditions first thing in the morning. This is a day/night match and 3 of the last 4 d/n matches here have been won chasing which shows that the conditions won't change too much here. Prior to England playing an ODI here last year, the two ODI's before that yielded 11 and 10 6's so there is definite potential for this line to be covered. On the down side South Africa's batting lineup is light and there is no Kallis for some hitters to bat around but the likes of Smith, de Villiers, Duminy and du Plessis can hit a big ball. India can hit all the way down so at 7/4 I'll take the overs here. 3pts J.Botha's Performance Pts - 30&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. As I said above, this wicket does favour spin a little bit and I do think both sides will play a few spinners. Botha hasn't pulled up any trees in this series yet but he hasn't really had conditions which suit him. Here I think he has and I expect him to go well, particularly with Imran Tahir looking likely to make his debut. Botha won't want Smith to forget about him. He's taken a wicket in each of the last two matches so with conditions to suit he could easily take two here. However he's going to walk into bat at 7 in this match and although he's no Bradman he can use the bat especially if he has to put a partnership together to rebuild an innings which he could have to do. Throw in a fair chance of a catch in terms of him fielding around the bat and there's more than enough scoring potential for Botha to clear 30pts here.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Got a bit lucky for once with rain coming down on my side. India and the 6s looked like losing but are voided when DL is involved so just the Botha bet ran for me and won so +2.50 for the day and +20.71 for the series overall which is all set for a cracking decider on Sunday.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Let's hope the rain isn't as bad as is forecasted. As it is though I'm only going with a top bat. I'm happy with where I am for the series so I'm not going to risk a huge amount. 1pt ew S.Raina Top India Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Suresh Raina has got himself in and looking like going on in both of the last 2 ODI's and then he's got himself out. However just watching him bat you get the feeling that a big score is bursting to come out of him and who knows it could be here. This wicket isn't going to cause him much distress. It'll be slow and good for batting, overhead conditions aside. With the rain that's threatened this could turn into a bit of a twenty20 like contest and that will give Raina the freedom to perform much better. Raina is a lot better than he's shown on this tour and who knows he could be playing for a world cup starting place here so it's important for him. This Indian batting lineup has flattered to deceive all series so with the each way terms generating a profit on a place I'll take the Chennai left hander to top score in this final ODI.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International Happy I stayed away from that last one as I would've definitely gone unders on the 6's! Ridiculous innings from Yusuf and another masterful innings from Amla. From a betting perspective, I finish on +3.32 which isn't too bad. Will be very interesting to see how these two fare in the World Cup.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India - ODI Series + Twenty20 International No joy with Raina, or with India overall although for a minute I thought Yusuf was going to rescue that from the dead. A quite extraordinary talent. +14.71 overall though for the series for me which I'm very happy with.