Announcements
** October Poker League Result : 1st avongirl, 2nd McG, 3rd Rhino_Power **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st internetmails, 2nd Donnyflyer, 3rd vangovin, 4th Peter York. KO Cup Winner mickyftm32. Most Winners waggy: **

Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011

Barys Astana v Traktor 07 Jan 11 12:00 CET Barys is placed 8th in the East whereas Traktor is 9th in the same conference, so-called "six points match" as teams are approaching the playoffs. In my opinion, Barys has some-what more reliable goalkeeper at the moment which is very important factor in this kind of matches. Last match Barys managed to come back (4:3 AP) against strong Salavat Yulaev so the team-spirit must be very good, whereras Traktor is coming to the capital of Kazakhstan after they have lost to nil an away match in Omsk (4:0). Barys should win this one 1X2 Barys @ 1.87 (local)

Re: KHL - January 2011 HC Yugra v Salavat Yulaev Ufa 07 Jan 11 13:00 CET Yugra is placed 6th the Eastern Conference whereas Salavat Yulaev 4th. Overall, 10th and 5th in the league respectively. However, if Salavat wins this one they could move all the way up to the 2nd place. HC Yugra is a good team provided this is their first season in KHL. Most of the points Yugra gets agains mid and bottom placed teams facing problems against the leaders. Salavat is not very consistent this season, however I do not remember them losing two matches in the row. I am backing Salavat to win and Salavat to win by two goals or more. 1x2 Salavat @ 1.70 1x2 1.5:0 [AH] Salavat @ 2.15 (local)

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Avangard Omsk v Metallurg Magnitogorsk 07 Jan 11 12:00 CET Both of the teams in 39 matches collected 78 pts and placed 2nd and 3rd in the East. Avangard is very strong at home whereas Metallurg was not very impressive in the last matches. Still I do not expect them to lose this one. Small stake at draw @ 4.33 (local)

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 SKA St. Petersburg v OHK Dynamo Moscow 08 Jan 11 15:00 CET After the victory in Spenglers Cup final SKA lost their league match to Spartak Moscow (1:0), moreover two days later Spartak managed to beat Dynamo in a derby match (5:3). Dynamo is placed 2nd in the Western Conference whereas SKA 4th, however they have played less games. Losing two games in a row to a team from Moscow? No thank you! SKA fans would not appreciate it at all. So I expect SKA to be motivated in this match, and taking into account the injuries of Dynamo players, I believe SKA will win this one. Expected score 4:2. 1x2 SKA @ 1,85 (local) Strength 3 pts

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Torpedo N. Novgorod v CSKA Moscow 08 Jan 11 15:00 CET Another "six points match", Torpedo is 9th and CSKA 10th in the same conference. 3 points between this two sides. Torpedo is at home but overall they play rather inconsistent, whereas CSKA seems to be on fire lately. Its difficult to call a winner of this one but in my opinion CSKA to win the match is worth trying Torpedo N. Novgorod v CSKA Moscow [To Win the Match] @ 2.10 Including Overtime and Penalties if played (partybets) Strength 2 pts

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Accumulator of the day Spartak Moscow v Vitiaz Chekhov [Away Team Total Goals] over 1.5 @ 1.45 Crazy Knights are on fire lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they score two goals in this match. Lokomotiv Yaroslavl v Dinamo Minsk [Away Team Total Goals] over 1.5 @ 1.70 Must be very difficult game for Minsk, hopefully they will score two away goals, at least the odds are worth trying. Atlant Mytishi v Dinamo Riga [Game Total - Odd or Even], Even @ 1.80 SKA St. Petersburg v OHK Dinamo Moscow, SKA @ 1.85 Torpedo N. Novgorod v CSKA Moscow 0:1.5 AH CSKA @ 1.35 5 selections Combined odds: 11.08 Strength 1pt

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 im not sure about win SKA.dinamo played las games without their 1st GK Garnett.today he is with the team in Petersburg and probably will play. Injuries in OHK 4 defense Boikov Alexander 07.02.1975 Russia 13 forward Kolnik Juraj 13.11.1980 Slovakia 32 forward Kudashov Alexei 21.07.1971 Russia CPT 40 forward Milovzorov Yegor 19.11.1987 Russia 14 defense Novak Filip 07.05.1982 Czech Republic 15 forward Shafigulin Grigory 13.01.1985 Russia before New Year OHK has best defence in the KHL with Garnett (1,89 GAA) in the net

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Salavat Yulaev Ufa v Avangard Omsk 11 Jan 11 15:00 CET After very bad start of the new year Salavat should prove that they know how to play this game. And there's no better place than home ground. 26/12/2010 KHL Salavat UFA vs. Avtomobilist W - 5:2 24/12/2010 KHL Salavat UFA vs. Bars Kazan W - 4:2 22/12/2010 KHL Salavat UFA vs. Neftekhimik W - 5:3 04/12/2010 KHL Salavat UFA vs. Amur Khabarovsk W - 4:3 (AP) 28/11/2010 KHL Salavat UFA vs. Novokuznetsk W - 8:0 Last five matches of Salavat Yulaev at home went over 5.5 goals (and home win). Whereas Hawks are not that impressive away. H2H stats (since 2006) point to home win as well

Salavat UFA 11
blank.gif
Draw 5
blank.gif
Avangard Omsk 4
Salavat Ufa to win and over 5.5 combined goals scored in the game @ 3.20 (local) looks good. Strength 4/10

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011

EventDynamo Riga - St. Petersburg
Selectionover 7.5
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 5.00
ReasoningRiga didn't do so well this season but they always have good opportunites against SKA. Riga eliminated SKA last season in opening round of playoffs winning the series 3-1, SKA were the best team in regular season then, while Riga were the last qualified. Riga won one of three matches against this rivals 4-5 OT win, they loose another two 5-3 and 4-6, so last three matches between are over 7.5. The last match in Riga finished 4-6 away win, today SKA are going in better fit, they sure will win again, but Riga scored 12 goals in last three matches average 4 goals per match this should be anoter high scoring match. Just few days ago SKA lost against weak team Chekov 4-5 at home, their defence is not so strong and this is the key to this match.

Salavat Yulaev Ufa v Avangard Omsk 11 Jan 11 15:00 CET Last five matches of Salavat Yulaev at home went over 5.5 goals (and home win). Whereas Hawks are not that impressive away. Salavat Ufa to win and over 5.5 combined goals scored in the game @ 3.20 (local) looks good. Strength 4/10
dude what is that bookie taking that kind of bet combined over with win

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Sibir Novosibirsk v HC Yugra 17 Jan 11 14:00 CET Siberian derby. Sibir is placed 5th (76 pts in 44 matches), Yugra 6th (71 pts in 43 matches) in the Eastern conference. Last two away games Yugra won to nil, both with the same result (0:2). Sibir does not concede many goals at home but it seems lately they have problems with scoring. Overall, I would rather expect low scoring game here but would not invest a lot in it. Expected score 2:2. Sibir Novosibirsk v HC Yugra Under 4.5 @ 2.00 Strength 2/10

Sibir Novosibirsk v HC Yugra 17 Jan 11 14:00 CET Siberian derby. Sibir is placed 5th (76 pts in 44 matches), Yugra 6th (71 pts in 43 matches) in the Eastern conference. Last two away games Yugra won to nil, both with the same result (0:2). Sibir does not concede many goals at home but it seems lately they have problems with scoring. Overall, I would rather expect low scoring game here but would not invest a lot in it. Expected score 2:2. Sibir Novosibirsk v HC Yugra Under 4.5 @ 2.00 Strength 2/10
Finally, nice one. The game is over in Novosibirsk, final score is 1:3.

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Vitiaz Chekhov v CSKA Moscow 20 Jan 11 17:00 CET This two teams are placed at the bottom of the Western Conference, Vitiaz is only 4 pts behind CSKA. Chances are high that the loser of this match will be placed at the very bottom by the end of the season. Taking into consideration, the results of the last 5 matches I think it will be CSKA. Vitiaz won four of the last 5 matches played, whereas CSKA only one. In my opinion, the trend will continue today. Expected score 3:1. Vitiaz Chekhov @ 2.60 Strength 2/10

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 HC Yugra v Neftekhimik 23 Jan 11 13:00 CET After difficult match in Astana, Neftekhimik is coming to Khanty-Mansiysk. HC Yugra should be some-what more fresh after their last macth against Avto. Nothing but home win expected here. Expected score 3:0.

• HC Yugra @ 2.15
  • HC Yugra v Neftekhimik 0:1.5 @ 3.05
--------------- Lokomotiv Yaroslavl v Sibir Novosibirsk 23 Jan 11 15:00 CET Loko is on fire whereas Siberians after very good start of the season facing some problems lately. Nothing but home win here. However, I am a bit worried about Kotschnew performance. So taking this one with small stake.
  • Lokomotiv Yaroslavl v Sibir Novosibirsk 0:1.5 @ 1.75

--------------- SKA St. Petersburg v Salavat Ufa 23 Jan 11 15:00 CET Two monsters meet in this game, both palced 3 rd in respective Conferences. Ersberg (Ufa) is still injered and Kolesnik most likely will concede a few goals. If SKA won't lock this game many goals can be expected here. If we take a look at H2H history Salavat Yulaev has good stats against SKA in away matches so I would not be surprised if they win today. Expected score 3:4. Medium stake at

• SKA St. Petersburg v Salavat Ufa [Away Team Total Goals] 3 @ 2.20
  • Salavat Ufa to win and over 5.5 combined goals scored in the game @ 3.60

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 HC Yugra v Neftekhimik 23 Jan 11 13:00 CET After difficult match in Astana, Neftekhimik is coming to Khanty-Mansiysk. HC Yugra should be some-what more fresh after their last macth against Avto. Nothing but home win expected here. Expected score 3:0.

• HC Yugra @ 2.15 :)
  • HC Yugra v Neftekhimik 0:1.5 @ 3.05 :)
(result 4:2) --------------- Lokomotiv Yaroslavl v Sibir Novosibirsk 23 Jan 11 15:00 CET Loko is on fire whereas Siberians after very good start of the season facing some problems lately. Nothing but home win here. However, I am a bit worried about Kotschnew performance. So taking this one with small stake.
  • Lokomotiv Yaroslavl v Sibir Novosibirsk 0:1.5 @ 1.75 :(

(result 2:4) --------------- SKA St. Petersburg v Salavat Ufa 23 Jan 11 15:00 CET Two monsters meet in this game, both palced 3 rd in respective Conferences. Ersberg (Ufa) is still injered and Kolesnik most likely will concede a few goals. If SKA won't lock this game many goals can be expected here. If we take a look at H2H history Salavat Yulaev has good stats against SKA in away matches so I would not be surprised if they win today. Expected score 3:4. Medium stake at

• SKA St. Petersburg v Salavat Ufa [Away Team Total Goals] >3 @ 2.20 :)
  • Salavat Ufa to win and over 5.5 combined goals scored in the game @ 3.60 :(

(result 1:4)

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 CSKA Moscow v Dinamo Riga 24 Jan 11 17:15 CET Last week Latvians played two away matches, they must be a bit tired now and looking forward to save some energy before very important home game against Minsk. However, 7 th place in the West is far from comfortable as only six games left before play-offs. Whereas CSKA is placed 10 th in the same Conference, which means they have almost no chance to qualify for play-offs. Overall, this was very bad season for the team. On the one hand this game is a must win for CSKA but on the other what they can really rely on? Only thing CSKA can rely on today is their sniper Marek and fast Parshin against tired and sometimes slow defenders of Dinamo. Taking all this into consideration, I think Latvian team at first will focus on defensive play. As a result, in my opinion this match could end in a draw after 60 minutes of play. Expected score 2:2.

18/01/2011 KHL Dinamo Riga vs. CSKA Moscow 3:3 3:3 (OT) 4:3 (AP)
23/11/2010 KHL CSKA Moscow vs. Dinamo Riga 4:5
02/11/2010 KHL CSKA Moscow vs. Dinamo Riga 3:3 3:3 (OT) 4:3 (AP)
07/02/2010 KHL Dinamo Riga vs. CSKA Moscow 1:1 1:1 (OT) 1:2 (AP)
29/12/2009 KHL Dinamo Riga vs. CSKA Moscow 2:2 2:3 (OT)
Draw @ 4.25 Strength 2/10

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Salavat Ufa v OHK Dinamo Moscow 30 Jan 11 13:00 CET Salavat Yulaev won last 5 matches in the regular time, whereas Dinamo finally managed to come over their losing streak and won last 3 matches. However, they have too many injured players including Miroslav Å atan. So home win by two goals or more is likely. Another outcomes that could be considered here in my opinion are Total Goals over 5.5 picks: 1 (-1.5) Salavat Ufa @ 2.20 stake: 5/10 bookmaker: partybets Bars Kazan v Lokomotiv Yaroslavl 30 Jan 11 15:00 CET Lokomotiv is not at the best form at the moment, neither is Ak Bars. However, the home ground could be an important factor in this game. Next to it, Ak Bars had more days to rest than Loko which is coming to Kazan after a 'pointless' trip to the Urals. Moreover, I can not trust Kotschnews form. If he is going to be the goalie in this game, then Ak Bars has a very good chances to win this one. picks: 1 (-0.5) Bars Kazan @ 2.00 stake: 5/10 bookmaker: bet365 Dinamo Minsk v CSKA Moscow 30 Jan 11 16:00 CET Dinamo sits 8 th in the Western Conference with 67 pts collected in 50 games. Very uncomfortable position as only 4 games have left before the play-offs. And it will be very difficult for them to secure their place because Torpedo is just 2 pts behind. This is win-or-die match for Dinamo. Taking into consideration, that such players as Marek (key-player) and Kozlov left CSKA, the task of Dinamo seems to be quite manageable. Anything other than the home team win will be a big surprise. picks: 1 (-0.5) Dinamo @ 1.86 stake: 10/10 bookmaker: bet365

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 Amur Khabarovsk v Severstal 31 Jan 11 10:00 CET Out of last 5 matches Amur did not win a game, whereas Severstal won 2 games, including last one against HC Sibir. Amur sits 11th in the Eastern Conference, out of 49 matches they have lost 35, goal difference 102-158. Severstal sits 6th in the West, out of 49 matches they have lost 24 (25 won), goal difference 121-135. Overall, Severstal is playing good away matches this season. Next to it, they're obviously interested in securing their place in the play-offs. Moreover, steelmakers will try to occupy higher position in the final standings to get an advantage in the play-offs. Expected score 2:4, away win. pick: 2 (-0.5) Severstal @ 2.30 stake: 5/10 bookmaker: bet365

Re: Ice Hockey - KHL - January 2011 31 Jan 11 14:00 CET Metallurg Novokuznetsk v Spartak Moscow 3.70 - 4.33 - 1.75 Sibir Novosibirsk v SKA St. Petersburg 2.85 - 4.25 - 2.05 31 Jan 11 15:00 CET HC Yugra v Avangard Omsk 2.75 - 4.25 - 2.10 I will take both Metallurg and Sibir to win the match (incl overtime and penalties) with small stake. And I have no idea about Yugra match yet.