Announcements
** December Poker League Result : 1st Elliott Sutcliffe, 2nd McG, 3rd juanmoment **
** December Naps Competition Result: 1st mick33, 2nd Sugardaddyken, 3rd kenisbusy, 4th Johnrobertson. KO Cup Winner: Kingdom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Asian Cup

FCP

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Asian Cup Japan - South Korea over 2.5 @ 2.94 :@ Both teams managd to score in the first half but that was pretty much it as they scored a goal each in extra time - too late for this pick Australia - Uzbekistan over 2.5 @ 2.61 :D Australia do it all themselves as they make the most of their chances while the defence holds up - did not expect a clean sheet but looks good for them.

Re: Asian Cup That will be it, 3rd place decider on Friday, final on Saturday. The Friday match will pretty much depend on who actually wants to win the match as it's a kind of meaningless affair. This said, I would side with the Uzbeks as for the motivation, but South Korea are definitely more compact, and the disastrous loss against the Aussies will no have helped the Uzbek confidence either. Australia or Japan? Once again, early thoughts. Japan have not been exactly cruising, but they did the business, got to the final, and as the holders will definitely want to win it again. I'm slightly afraid that the Aussies may be complacent a bit once they managed to ship six past the Uzbeks in the SF, but they were not exactly convincing during the tourney, the only good win was against minnows from India (Japan's wins were mostly also very slim, though, but they definitely played sterner opposition - and were nearly knocked out by Quatar).

Re: Asian Cup

Event Uzbekistan - South Korea
Selection South Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 28/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.60
Reasoning South Korea failed against Japan, falling to pass to the final. To me, they were favorite, and they just missed it on the lucky way, as at the final of the game they drew with Japan. It means that they could be one of the finalists too. On the other semi final, Uzbekistan was smashed by Australia and i think their response today will be affected by their mentality fragilized. They made a excellent tournament, but the true is that they are one step behind the big squads like South Korea. South Korea wants to get the last place of the podium, not to be a big desillusion, while Uzbekistan already made their Asian Cup, and they made it very well.

That will be it, 3rd place decider on Friday, final on Saturday. The Friday match will pretty much depend on who actually wants to win the match as it's a kind of meaningless affair.
Actually both will be trying their best.The team that wins this game will get automatic qualification for the next asian cup edition.So might be important to note team news & see if Ji sung Recovers from the knee problem & also important to note this is Lee pyong yu's,Not sure if i spelled it right)(their Left back last game to fter announcing his retirement.The team will definately be trying to give him a good send off.

So might be important to note team news & see if Ji sung Recovers from the knee problem & also important to note this is Lee pyong yu'
He is Lee young-pyo :D Today, Park can't not play in this match because Jo(coach) want to rest to him. So, He may not play in this match. And, Lee is definitely play in this match. On interview, Today match will be considered as his final A-match. he announced he will retire after playing against Uzbek. So, it is final match for him to do as natinal team player.

That will be it, 3rd place decider on Friday, final on Saturday. Australia or Japan? Once again, early thoughts. Japan have not been exactly cruising, but they did the business, got to the final, and as the holders will definitely want to win it again. I'm slightly afraid that the Aussies may be complacent a bit once they managed to ship six past the Uzbeks in the SF, but they were not exactly convincing during the tourney, the only good win was against minnows from India (Japan's wins were mostly also very slim, though, but they definitely played sterner opposition - and were nearly knocked out by Quatar).
Correction, Iraq are the holders of the Asian cup not Japan. As already described in an above post, the 3rd place playoff has some significance for the next Asian Cup in terms of automatic qualification going to the winner. This aside I still think both teams will be determined to win the game, but for me the best bet is on goals. If Uzbekis play like they did against Australia then S.Korea's pace on the counter will rack up twice as many goals as slow Australia. I don't expect this to happen as Uzbekis will make changes, but I expect S.Korea to win scoring and also conceding. The final for me will be a tight affair as the odds suggest. Kagawa is a huge loss. Was in excellent form for Dortmund and carried that form into this tournament. The last 2 times Australia played Japan was in WC qualifying games. With better CB's then current they struggled to defend Australia on set pieces. In the away leg in Australia they lead 1-0 at HT only to concede 2 goals from set pieces to Cahill headers. Incidentally, Cahill loves scoring against Japan - like he does against Liverpool - did it twice at the '06 WC. Could be worth a bet on him to score or FGS. Australia for me have shown the sought of form of a Champion team. Have progressively improved throughout the tournament, and have shown a certain desire to prove themselves after what can be considered a rather poor performance in their first Asian Cup tournament. Osieck seems to have instilled a good sense of unity and team work, and defensively they have looked the most sound of any team, especially with their impressive goalkeeper Schwarzer. I don't think you can say the same of Japan, which is surprising under the stewardship of Zacheroni. Japan have looked vulnerable throughout on defense and if Qatar or S.Korea knew how to defend and play better tactics I believe Japan would not be here. I give a slight edge to Australia, based on their better defense & GK and a clear advantage on set pieces. Plus they haven't lost to Japan in their last 4 games in 90' mins. Other parts of the field I believe are relatively even. Therefore Australia Asian Handicap 0 & Tim Cahill to score/FGS look good bets. Finally, Tulenos I see no way that Australia could be complacent. Maybe they will lose but this is a huge moment for them as it will be their first opportunity ever to win a major football tournament. Japan have already won 3. Also Japan v Australia games have always been competitive affairs, they don't hate one another, but there is certainly a strong competitive edge to their games.

Re: Asian Cup South Korea -1.5 @ 2.39 pinnacle While Uzbekistan have shown that they are good going forward, they were exposed by Australia at the back, even before the sending off, and you would wonder what their morale is like after such a hammering. South Korea are more solid at the back, while they are pretty quick up front and have the pace and movement to cause similar problems the Australians did against the Uzbekis. Odds have been dropping for a reason as the SK's look much more classier overall than the Uzbeki's - just do not believe that the Uzbeki's will be up for this game.

Re: Asian Cup Not much time.. But im going against the grain & take a bet on Uzbekistan.I don't think they are going to let the australia game linger on to much.They have a chance to get themselves automatically qualified for the next one.I think they will eventually lose the game & play it abit more tighter than the australia game.Might even go extra time ....Or knowing my luck korea will smack them up. Uzbekistan 1/1.5 @betinternet $2.06

Re: Asian Cup Sorry! Wont do it again. I don't like posting in case someone actually listens to what I have to say, I have no way near as much experience as anyone else here.

Sorry! Wont do it again. I don't like posting in case someone actually listens to what I have to say' date=' I have no way near as much experience as anyone else here.[/quote'] Well, this is what a betting forum is about, isn't it - if you back your tip with a solid reasoning, someone might follow you, but it's still his/her decision and money. Don't be afraid - you could see I also made some mistakes above and got ripped to pieces, but I just stand corrected;)

Well' date=' this is what a betting forum is about, isn't it - if you back your tip with a solid reasoning, someone might follow you, but it's still his/her decision and money. Don't be afraid - you could see I also made some mistakes above and got ripped to pieces, but I just stand corrected;)[/quote'] Well said Tulenos...it's like brainstorming, the more ideas the better. There will be good and bad ideas but that doesn't matter, it is what comes out of those ideas. Apologies Tulenos if you felt I ripped you, did not mean to come across that way.

Re: Asian Cup Japan vs Australia Selection: Under 2.5 Odds: 1.54 with Betfair Stake: 3/10 Seems very likely to be a tight game here, as finals tend to always be. The odds may seem low but if you consider that 80% of Asian Cup finals have gone under, they look much better. Add to that the fact that these are two evenly matched sides and that Australia, if not Japan, are certainly a defensive minded side, and they look quite good imo.

Well said Tulenos...it's like brainstorming, the more ideas the better. There will be good and bad ideas but that doesn't matter, it is what comes out of those ideas. Apologies Tulenos if you felt I ripped you, did not mean to come across that way.
Well, I meant I'd made a mistake (inadvertently as I knew it was Iraq, but was thinking about more things at once), and it was not that bad - no sour grapes, honest;)

Re: Asian Cup Which is quite a reasonable approach. The sides are evenly matched so it can go either way (as any final) and the draw and ET is also not out of question. I have to say I wouldn't back the under 2.5 goals @ such a price. Right, the history of finals speaks clearly, but this holds true about all knock-out stages, and this year it proved to be quite profitable to back the overs for a change. It takes just a fluke goal in the first half and we may be in for a goalfest. Still, I expect the game to unfold very slowly so HT draw may be an option. Will think about it.;)

Re: Asian Cup Regarding the overs / unders. I'd argue that this is only Australia's second full outing in this particular tournament, and I think it's clear they are far too good even for the majority of Asia. They also have more than a few players that are capable of scoring, so while the unders may come off. I feel that these are different circumstances than previously seen. And at 1.50 I see very little value.

Re: Asian Cup Had a mare with this tournament, going to have to blame it on my judgement being clouded by the special offer on a nice local Cabernet over the last couple of weeks :beer :lol Only one bet I have a moducum of faith in is the corners market. Australia v Japan Corner Match Bet - Japan @ 2.3 (Paddy Power) Can't find any stats but Japan must have been well into double figures with their corner count against Korea. They appeared to have players making wide runs from the back when they attacked and I dont see why they would abandon this tactic against an older and less mobile defence.

Re: Asian Cup Australia @ 2.86 pinnacle Have been pretty pessimistic about our chances of winning this, but after putting paid to Uzbekistan, coming around to the possibility that they may actually do it. Defensively, they have been a concern prior to the tournament, but with just 1 goal conceded, then they are looking pretty good back there, with Schwartzer in particular, very hard to get passd in goals. The midfield looks much better now that McKay has made the most of his chances, and wonder if room will be made for Emerton somewhere in there. Up front, Kewell and Cahill have been doing the job and chipping in with goals, and like the fact that the Japanese defence can be exposed, as the South Koreans and Qataris did so. Furthermore, the loss of Kagawa takes away some of their attacking threat, and this is a bonus for the Australians, who for many of their senior players, could be their last game, and will be looking to leave on a high.