** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Asian Cup

Re: Asian Cup

Event Iraq - North Korea
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 19/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 3.40
Reasoning In this Group D, Iraq, UAE and North Korea are still fighting for the last place of qualification, as the other place is already conquered by Iran. North Korea, who only won one point so far, will play this game like a final, as if they don't win, they will be out of competition, but they will face Iraq, the last Asian champion, who only need a draw. Iraq will play carefully, not risking too much, defending their point, and i don't think North Korea has power enough to defeat them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan - Saudi Arabia @ 1.59 (betfair) They are yet to hit top gear and like blackcrow said, SA are shattered. Very unusual performances at a Cup where they have excelled so many times in the past. If Honda plays then its a formality. :ok Australia - Bahrain @ 1.55 (betfair) Should be an easy game for the aussies. They have met 4 times previously and the spoils has gone to the socceroos every time. Need to win by a couple of goals to ensure korea dont beat them on goal difference after they pummel India. :ok South Korea - India over 3.5+ @ 1.46 (betfair) Like i said, they need goals to top their group and should do it easily over the whipping boys of the tournament. Question is how many will it be? 4, 5, 6...? :ok
Hehe

Re: Asian Cup Don't quite fancy North Korea. I did watch their game against UAE and was fairly disappointed with them. Like I mentioned before in their earlier games there is still a lot of goodwill around from the World Cup, and I can't help feeling Jong-Tae-Se has become a little bit of a focal point, far and away the most famous player in the team and perhaps the group. Worked hard but clearly the opponents are wary of him. North Korea have failed to score in any of their group games, and whilst they have conceded just once they are going to need more than this as they need to win to qualify. I sense a match of very, very few goals, and I might have small stakes on the under 1.5 (2.76, betfair).

Re: Asian Cup Uzbekistan should be backed at this price. Jordan showed virtually nothing while Uzbekistan seems to be one of the best teams here, and I don't think they will underestimate their opponent. Jordan won twice - against SA (no win in the whole tournament), and Syria (in a decider). Uzbekistan secured the palce in the QF early on so the draw in the last game can be ignored. They beat Quatar and Kuwait, drawing with China - also their group seemed to be more footballing, and therefore more difficult. The win is not guaranteed, of course, but I thing almost evens represent good value. On the other hand, I wouldn't undeeastimate Quatar. After a kick in the teeth from Uzbekistan, they won the rest of the matches well. They are also a host of the tournament and facing Japan, I expect they will play out of their skins. Japan superior, of course, but aso far they destroyed only demotivated SA (last group match), edged out Syria, and drew with Jordan. Iam contemplating a lay of Japan, in fact.

Re: Asian Cup UZBEKISTAN @ 10/11.....bet375 or PP....stakes 3/10......There is nothing between these two teams in the world rankings with Jordan at 107 and the Uzbeks hold 108th place.They both did well in their qualifying groups to get to the quarter final. They drew 2-2 when they played each other in a friendly on the 2nd Jan so it should be a close game.Four of the Jordanian players who played that day will more than likely be missing tomorrow.Anas Bani Yaseen is doubtful and Odai Al Saifi is expected to be out for 4 weeks.Al Saifi scored a goal for Jordan in that 2-2 draw and he also scored the winner in their 2-1 win over Syria.He is the only Jordanian player that plys his trade abroad.Also on the missing list is captain Hatem Aqel and Basem Fathi is suspended. The Uzbeks are at full strength so as Tulenos says above I think there is value on Uzbekistan @ 1.95 and just about at 10/11.They are 5/6 and 4/5 in places but I'll stake 3/10 @ 10/11 on them to reach their 1st semi-final.........

Re: Asian Cup Agree with your thinking Tulenos :cheers Qatar - Japan over 2.5 @ 2.34 pinnacle Qatar bounced back after their 2-0 loss to Uzbekistan, with some good performances, beating China 2-0 and Kuwait 3-0, so they do have some momentum coming into this game. They will have the crowd to support them, and they are not a team to sit back, as they tend to attack in numbers, which can work both ways. Expect the crowd to urge them, and for Qatar to play a high tempo game, because if they slow it down, it will suit Japan much more. They need to push, and keep the Japanes on the back foot, as they did so against China and Kuwait, where they scored two goals in the first half. Japan, have stuttered during the tournament, and though they smashed Saudi Arabia 5-0, it was against a team already bitterly disappointed about being knocked out of the tournament, and their minds were elsewhere and not on that game. Still, they did a very good job, and they have some very good attackers who can create and score goals, so they will be causing plenty of problems. However defensively, missing their 2 main cenre backs prior to the start of the tournament has not helped, and they did concede a goal in each of the first two group games, (though the Syria goal should have been a no goal due to the player being offside). While they are the better side here, they do need to step up here against a dangerous opponent who is expected to attack from the start. Like their to be goals in this one. Uzbekistan - Jordan over 2.5 @ 2.65 pinnacle Uzbekistan were pretty impressive in their 2-0 win over Qatar to start the tournament and they followed it up with a 2-1 win over Kuwait, and though they drew 2-2 with China, they already had secured qualification into the next round. While going forward they have looked very good, the concern is that their defence has been exposed, and has shown that they can be scored on. Jordan have been one of the surprises of this tournament showing some flair and willingness to work for each other. They have nothing to lose since they were not expected to do well, and thus there is no reason now for them to change their style. Believe that they will take it to their opponents, and they did draw 2-2 with them earlier this month in a friendly, so both teams have shown that they can score on the other. Liking the look of goals being scored here

Re: Asian Cup Value is on Japan -1 @ 2.18, which is where I'm taking it. Qatar is not a highly ranked team, and neither are the three teams they've played thus far...the best they played on the pitch was Uzbekistan. They will face their first strong opponent, and while home field is obviously a plus, they have to lose sometime, why not to a highly experienced team that knows how to punish teams that play forward?

Event Japan - Qatar
Selection Japan
Strength 10/10
Date 21/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.73
Reasoning Qatar may be living some problematic moments after Hussein Yasser left the squad due to poor attitude at their mates. They are now trying to concentrate to play this important game, where they will face Japan, who comes from a 5-0 win over Saudi Arabia. Japan has very good players, real Asian stars, like Shinji Okazaki or Ryoichi Maeda. They are also coached by the experienced Alberto Zaccheroni.

Event Uzbekistan - Jordan
Selection Uzbekistan
Strength 10/10
Date 21/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.85
Reasoning Jordan is a surprise for me that they are on this stage of the competition. Uzbekistan is always a enigma and i am not so surprised as they can do great things, but also bad things. But their moment of form makes me believe that they will continue on the competition. They are making a impressive tournament. Jordan has here a serious challenge. Uzbekistan playing like they are doing, they can fight for the title. And while Uzbekistan has all the squad ready to play, Jordan has some important absences: Odal al-Saify, the captain Hatem Aqel, Anas Bani Yaseen and Basem Fathi. Uzbekistan on their good days can smash Jordan.

Re: Asian Cup Quite looking forward to the Japan game. They beat a poor Saudi Arabia 5-0 in a game they had to they are prepared to knuckle down and put in a shift, which is certainly going to be required here. Whilst Qatar have done well in beating Kuwait and China, this is the first test for them against a quality side, who have improved throughout their games. One thing I expect is Japan to dominate possession, with players such as Kagawa, Hasebe and Maeda, they should really dictate the play. It's quite a conundrum for Qatar, they looked a lot better going forward, but they risk being caught out on the counter. I think they'll start pretty cautiously which will suit the Japanese and a goal in the first half will see Qatar struggle to get a foothold in the game. I expect Japan to be too slick here.

UZBEKISTAN @ 10/11.....bet375 or PP....stakes 3/10......There is nothing between these two teams in the world rankings with Jordan at 107 and the Uzbeks hold 108th place.They both did well in their qualifying groups to get to the quarter final. They drew 2-2 when they played each other in a friendly on the 2nd Jan so it should be a close game.Four of the Jordanian players who played that day will more than likely be missing tomorrow.Anas Bani Yaseen is doubtful and Odai Al Saifi is expected to be out for 4 weeks.Al Saifi scored a goal for Jordan in that 2-2 draw and he also scored the winner in their 2-1 win over Syria.He is the only Jordanian player that plys his trade abroad.Also on the missing list is captain Hatem Aqel and Basem Fathi is suspended. The Uzbeks are at full strength so as Tulenos says above I think there is value on Uzbekistan @ 1.95 and just about at 10/11.They are 5/6 and 4/5 in places but I'll stake 3/10 @ 10/11 on them to reach their 1st semi-final.........
2-1,bet won...........

Re: Asian Cup Australia - Iraq over 2.5 @ 2.52 pinnacle While Australia have played reasonably well to progress this far, they have been far too reliant on their goalkeeper Scwartzer, who has made some impressive saves so far. The defence lacks pace, and while they have their back four for this game, they can be exposed by this good Iraqi side, who have won 2 of their 3 games in their group. In attack, Australia has been wasteful in front of goals, with some clear cut chances being missed by good players like Kewell and Cahill, but like all good players, expect them to bounce back here, and if given the opportunity, to make the most of them. The Iraqis have shown that they are well organised and will give the Australians a very good game, especially as they did beat them in 2007, 3-1, in the last Asian Cup tournament, and they have beaten them 1-0 and lost 1-0 to them since then. Think they are more than capbale if scoring on this Australian defence, but at the same time, like Australia to score here as well. Can see this going over from there South Korea - Iran over 2.5 @ 2.65 pinnacle South Korea have cruised through the group games, and with the likes of Park Ji-Sung pulling the strings in midfield, and like the look of Cha down the right hand side, while a couple of young strikers up front have ben finding the net for them. The concern for them, is that though they are good when going forward, they have been scored on, as in all three games, their defence has allowed chances, and even India got themselves a penalty after the defence was beaten, so can expect Iran, who won all 3 group games, to crate chances and more than likely score here. While Iran also cruised through the group games, they will face its toughest test here, as technically, the Sk's llok the best side here. They are quick, and have the speed to test this Iranian defence. Can also see South Korea scoring here, and with teams starting to become more attacking and less nervous in their games, this looks likely to be an open and attacking game from both sides.

Both games had plenty of chances to see more goals scored but some excellent goal keeping and wasteful finishing saw both games end up just a goal in each.
Watched both these games and agree to a certain extent about the wasteful finishing and excellent goalkeeping, though I think the former tends to extenuate the latter. I expected the Aussies to hammer Iraq, and they could have, but the reason they didnt what was purely down to lack of the quality up front. Iraq had Timmy's number from the first minute and frustrated/kicked/headbutted/elbowed him out of the game. Took me a while to figure out who the fat bloke on the touchline eating the kebab was. Holman was running about like a poor mans Dirk Kuyt. I bet on the Uzbeks outright after their QF (8.5 BWIN), looked a very solid outfit. Djeparov looks an absolutely quality player and Bakaev knows how to find the net. No real plays on this semi due to my ouright bet but will look at the 0-0 and unders markets as the comp seems to be going this way, and see no reason why this game should be different. Havent seen Japan this tourny so cant really offer anything of substance. Iran dissapointed against an overrated Korea side (imo) who are fit and technically good in the middle of the park, but offer little against commited defences. Park still remains the danger having grown out that ridiculous hair cut, but you still get the feeling he has to do it on his own. Looking at the teams on paper would fancy Japan to cover a handicap here and might look at having a bit for interest on 2-0 / 3-0. Apologies if all this is a bit wishy washy chaps, no real tips here, just a few musings on what I've seen in the last week or so. ;).

I expected the Aussies to hammer Iraq, and they could have, but the reason they didnt what was purely down to lack of the quality up front. Iraq had Timmy's number from the first minute and frustrated/kicked/headbutted/elbowed him out of the game. Took me a while to figure out who the fat bloke on the touchline eating the kebab was. Holman was running about like a poor mans Dirk Kuyt.
:lol

Re: Asian Cup South K v Japan * Before writing my post, I have to mention about me. I'm Korean so this post may be written subjectively and sorry for my English skills Traditionally it's kind of derby between these nations because of historical reasons(colony). So, when S.korea have played with Japan wherever and whenever it play, they have a special power(more concentration) to beat them. Many(or all) Koreans think S.korea in all sports games HAVE NOT TO be beaten against Japan. Now, our coach is Jo(ex Gyeongnam's coach). He made his team go to play-off in 2010 K-league(in 2009 K-league, Gyeongnam was ranked bottom of table). He like passing game. He used Bitgaram(he scored against Iran) in his team. Actually, after managing S.korea team, our team improved tactic ability rapidly. In defense, Lee jung-soo was not played(suspended). In this position, Gwak tae-hwi(he usually allow dangerous foul to opponent) or Jo yong-hyung(he played South World Cup) will play because other players have not played with Hwang Jae-won. These two players played with him. In offense, there are not reasonable change. Park will play as 100th nationl match if he play against Japan. And he mentioned his final object in his career is got Asian Cup Thropy. h2h, between S.Korea and Japan, they played each other 73times until now. S.Korea had 40w-21d-12l, after 2000, 4w-5d-2l. htm_2011012407373960006300-002.JPG Probable Line Up Ji dong-won Park ji-sung//Ku ja-chul//Lee chung-young Lee yong-rae//Ki sung-young Lee young-pyo//Gwak tae-hwi//Hwang jae-won//Cha du-ri Jung sung-ryong Pick : S.Korea Odds : 3.00 Stake : 7/10 p.s Asian cup hightlight in high quality http://sports.media.daum.net/ac2011/broadcast/highlight.html 전반 하이라이트 means highlights in first-half 후반 하이라이트 means second-half p.s2 in this page, match will be broadcasted when game is play p.s3 Players are not exempted from military service if they will got the title because Asian cup doesn't apply to exemption.

Event Japan - South Korea
Selection South Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 25/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.15
Reasoning Japan is being affected by the big pressure of being a contender winning Asian Cup. And we can't say that Japan is making a convincing Asian Cup. Drewing with Jordan 1-1, on group phase, and scoring the winning goal against Qatar on added time, shows the problems they faced so far. In this game against South Korea, Japan will miss the suspended Maya Yoshida, and like this, they won't play with their main deffense. South Korea is showing their power on this tournament, facing Australia on their group, and knocking out Iran on the previous stage. South Korea has very good players and the defense of Japan is not performing well, conceeding poor goals, like it happened against Qatar. Players like Park Ji-Sung or Lee Chung-Yong gives to the team offensive level. Korea is capable to play a quality football, and they performed better so far in the tournament, showing mental winning. In 65 games between the two sides, Japan only won 11, and the last one was almost six years ago. Korea won 35 games and despite i am expecting a balanced and good level game, i think Korea has more quality than Japan.

Re: Asian Cup This makes no sense, obviously in korea people may support korea, therefore the price for korea winning would decrease.

I want to write one more post. According to Korea local betting site(betting site is only one in Korea) http://betman.co.kr/ Odds in South Korea v Japan is changed from 2.45(JPN)-2.80-2.35(KOR) to 2.60-2.85-2.20 b0080913_4d3e22f35eed2.jpg It's screen-shot captured 10:10am

Re: Asian Cup I have been playing quite a few overs in this tournament, on the basis that the odds are way over for what they should be, considering that not one team you would have high confidence in keeping a clean sheet while teams are creating chances. Japan - South Korea over 2.5 @ 2.94 pinnacle Japan did well to come back twice and equalise against Qatar, and even with a man down, they were able to find the winner to set up this semi final meeting with their neighbours South Korea. Scoring goals has not been a problem for the Japanese in this tournament as they have done so in every game, but they have conceded in each of them except the Saudi Arabia game, but then again, SA did not care much about this game. South Korea is pretty much the same, scoring in every game, as well as conceding in every game, except for the quarter final with Iran where they managed to score in extra time. Both teams like to attack, and use their speed to do so, so can see this being an end to end game, as their is alot of pride at stake between these two countries as to who is the better side. Neither side can be said to have a solid defence as they both have been exposed in this tournament only for some poor finishing leading to teams have not taken advantage of it. Australia - Uzbekistan over 2.5 @ 2.61 pinnacle Australia have only allowed one goal so far, but they have been fortunate that their goalkeeper Schwartzer is in oustanding form, as the defence has been slow and exposed, but the opposition has not taken the chances they have created. They will have a hard time trying to stop a Uzbeki side that has scored two goals in each of their 4 games in this tournament as they have been taking the game to the opposition, and while they respect Australia, believe they have enough confidence in themselves to go out there, and make the most of their chances. On defence, they have allowed goal in every game except for one, while the Australians have managed to score with their much more direct style of attack. Like the look of both teams scoring in this game, and then both to go out and look for the winner

Re: Asian Cup Japan Vs Korea Both teams will definately be feeling the pressure for tonight.There is going to be some added spice with speculation insisisting that this will be Korea's captain Park ji sungs last time he will turn out for korea in a competition.So surely his teamates will want to give it their all for the skipper.Japan will welcome back Atsuto Uchida but japan will still be forced into shuffling his pack with Maya Yoshida sitting out of the match due to a suspension.Japan's Strenght lie's in their attack..with 11 goals in 4 games..But they have shown the tendency to be slightly vunerable at the back.Korea have only had 2 days to prepare for this game after their Quaterfinals...& will definately be feeling the effects the longer the game goes on.Due to the attacking nature of both teams & a slightly weaker defense of japan due to injuries to regulars n suspension as compared to their world cup defence & the less then convincing display of their keeper in the recent game against Qatar...im going for just a couple of bets to keep interest up. Korea 0/0.5 @$1.80 betinternet(large stakes) Over 2 @$2.05 betinternet (Low stakes) Draw @$3.05 betinternet (Medium stakes)

I have been playing quite a few overs in this tournament, on the basis that the odds are way over for what they should be, considering that not one team you would have high confidence in keeping a clean sheet while teams are creating chances. Japan - South Korea over 2.5 @ 2.94 pinnacle Japan did well to come back twice and equalise against Qatar, and even with a man down, they were able to find the winner to set up this semi final meeting with their neighbours South Korea. Scoring goals has not been a problem for the Japanese in this tournament as they have done so in every game, but they have conceded in each of them except the Saudi Arabia game, but then again, SA did not care much about this game. South Korea is pretty much the same, scoring in every game, as well as conceding in every game, except for the quarter final with Iran where they managed to score in extra time. Both teams like to attack, and use their speed to do so, so can see this being an end to end game, as their is alot of pride at stake between these two countries as to who is the better side. Neither side can be said to have a solid defence as they both have been exposed in this tournament only for some poor finishing leading to teams have not taken advantage of it.
Have to agree here, and I'm primarily an unders player. Just shy of 2/1 is ridiculous for a match between two teams of WC pedigree that dont really have a concept of 'keeping it tight'. Dont have a Pinnacle account but still having a nibble at the 2.7 available at bwin. Japan v South Korea Handicap 0:1 - Japan @ 5.5 bwin Wasn't impressed with Korea in the QF against a disappointing Iran side. Think fitness could be a factor here as Japan have had two full days more rest than the Koreans, and obviously didnt face a gruelling extra 30 mins. I think if Japan win here, then its by two (probably late)goals or more. Japan v South Korea over 4.5 goals 11.0 @ bwin If you think this is a crazy bet, then you'd be right. The only reasoning I can offer is that if there are goals in this game, there could well be lots of them. Lets not forget all those mental J & K league games where goals are like buses....You wait 70 minutes for one then all of a sudden..... GL lads :cheers

Re: Asian Cup Japan vs South Korea - Both Teams to Score @ 21/20 - Bwin In a massive Asia Derby, I can't pick a winner so I have decided to take advantage of their attacking potential and poor defending. Japan have scored 11 in 4 games however they have a leaky defence in which South Korea can exploit. Korea have scored in every game at the Asia Cup and have had extra rest. Can see this being a 2-1 either way :ok

Japan vs South Korea - Both Teams to Score @ 21/20 - Bwin In a massive Asia Derby, I can't pick a winner so I have decided to take advantage of their attacking potential and poor defending. Japan have scored 11 in 4 games however they have a leaky defence in which South Korea can exploit. Korea have scored in every game at the Asia Cup and have had extra rest. Can see this being a 2-1 either way :ok
1-1 36' ;) 23' (South Korea) Ki 36' (Japan) Maeda