** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Asian Cup

Qatar - Uzbekistan
Selection Qatar
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 2.40
Reasoning Qatar is the host of the tournament. They are top moralized after some good results on the preparation games, defeating Egypt by 2-1 and Estonia by 2-0. They are well coached by the experienced French coach Bruno Metsu and the support of the fans will be great, fulling the stadium with 50.000 fans. Also the fact of they will host the organization of the World Cup is motivating all the country a lot and they want to show to the World they are a football country. Uzbekistan is a weak side, with some good values but that don't work as a team, unless on the home games. Last time they traveled to Qatar, they were defeated by 3-0. They have a weak defense and they should have problems under so much pressure over them in this game.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Asian Cup

Friday 7 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Qatar v Uzbekistan (16:15 GMT) 2.39 3.25 3.45 101.60 %
Saturday 8 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Kuwait v China (13:15 GMT) 3 3.25 2.74 100.60 %
Sunday 9 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Japan v Jordan (13:15 GMT) 1.34 5.4 11.6 101.77 %
maximize.gif Saudi Arabia v Syria (16:15 GMT) 1.73 3.75 5.5 102.48 %
Monday 10 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif India v Australia (13:15 GMT) 34 8.5 1.1 105.61 %
maximize.gif South Korea v Bahrain (16:15 GMT) 1.72 3.81 6.35 99.89 %
Tuesday 11 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Korea DPR v United Arab Emirates (13:15 GMT) 2.26 3.29 3.6 102.42 %
maximize.gif Iraq v Iran (16:15 GMT) 3.1 3.25 2.55 102.24 %

Re: Asian Cup Qatar v Uzbekistan A bit strange competition and the teams for me, but I will try with victory of home side at the opening Cup. Why... Qatar had better preparation and well-played friendly matches. Team consists of several players from Africa and South America, as well as good French trainer who was great with Senegal in the past. In the first round host meet with the weakest team in the group and if they think they qualify from the group stage then must win today. I do not know much about the guests, but the extremities motivated Qatar will have great support from the stands, and as hosts of the competition and perhaps a slight help from the referees in the first match. Odds are in high fall and must playing in the local... 1X @1,35 7/10 1 @2,40 3/10 -------------- Only to add that it's everywhere in our country odd for Qatar dropped below 2, right now.

Re: Asian Cup In my opinion, it was just one of those matches when most of the people back one team without a good reason. Previous match between Uzbekistan and Quatar finished 4:0. Uzbekistan team has Shatskikh who is some-what more expreienced than probably half of Quatar team. Overall, I think it is a good decicion to stay away from betting on Asian Cup matches. At least one should watch a few group matches first.

Re: Asian Cup Kuwait - China over 2.5 @ 2.48 pinnacle Kuwait have had some good results in preparing for this torunamnent as they have beat Zambia 4-0, drew 2-2 with North Korea and beat them 2-1 prior to that, and beat Suadu Arabia 1-0 in extra time in the Gulf Cup, so they will come into this game with confidence. They should also have some good crowd support given that they are not too far from Qatar, which will spur them on even further. China have a relatively younger side as they look to rebuild for the future and just from that perspective they should be up for this game. Also they have a bit of height in their team which may cause the Kuwaitis some problems at set pieces. They are coming off beating Iraq 3-2, Macedonia 1-0 and Estonia 3-0, so they too have some form coming into this game. Both teams have been scoring goals in their warm up games for this tournament, and with both sides seeing Uzbekistan winning yesterday, they too will be going out for the win knowing that this will give them a big edge for the rest of the group games in they do win. Like the look of goals in this game

Kuwait - China over 2.5 @ 2.48 pinnacle Kuwait have had some good results in preparing for this torunamnent as they have beat Zambia 4-0, drew 2-2 with North Korea and beat them 2-1 prior to that, and beat Suadu Arabia 1-0 in extra time in the Gulf Cup, so they will come into this game with confidence. They should also have some good crowd support given that they are not too far from Qatar, which will spur them on even further. China have a relatively younger side as they look to rebuild for the future and just from that perspective they should be up for this game. Also they have a bit of height in their team which may cause the Kuwaitis some problems at set pieces. They are coming off beating Iraq 3-2, Macedonia 1-0 and Estonia 3-0, so they too have some form coming into this game. Both teams have been scoring goals in their warm up games for this tournament, and with both sides seeing Uzbekistan winning yesterday, they too will be going out for the win knowing that this will give them a big edge for the rest of the group games in they do win. Like the look of goals in this game
I like his one for in-play.I will wait maybe 20 minutes and then when the odds for over 1,5 are at 1,80 I will take them.I rather think that there will be no fast goal.

Re: Asian Cup Kuwait - China over 2.5 @ 2.48 :@ Kuwait should have had a penalty and looked the better side until they stupidly had a player sent off. From there it was hard to see this game going over, though there were a couple of chances to add to the 2-0 win by China.

Re: Asian Cup Japan - Jordan over 2.5 @ 1.87 pinnacle Japan go into this tournaments as one of the favourites and much will be expected of them. While they boast some very good players like Honda and Masebe, they are without their two important defenders in Tanaka and Nakazawa. They are under pressure to do well and will be content to do enough to win this game to get their confidence up. Jordan have had two good warm up games drawing 2-2 with Uzbekistan while losing 2-1 to Bahrain, and also have drew 2-2 to Kuwait in November. They should get some decent support here to urge them on, and they are a team that will be competitive and have goals in them, but the Japanese can expose a leaky defence and win this game. Saudi Arabia - Syria under 2 @ 2.06 pinnacle Saudi Arabia have a good record in this tournament and they will be looking to start off on the right note, but their recent form has been a concern as they are struggling to score goals, while their defence is pretty solid. They drew 0-0 with Angola in a recent friendly, beat Bahrain 1-0 and lost 1-0 to Iraq. In the Gulf Cup last month, they lost 1-0 to Kuwait in extra time, beat UAE 1-0 and drew 1-1 with Qatar, so they tend to feature in low scoring games. Furthermore, striker Al Qahtani is doubtful for this game which takes away one of their main attacking threats. Syria have improved of late and have some good results to show for it. While they lost 2-0 to UAE, they also lost 1-0 to South Korea, lost 1-0 to Iraq and beat them 1-0, while also beating Bahrain 2-0. So they too feature in low scoring games. Doubt too many goals will be score here, as Syria will be cautious as not to concede an early goal, while Saudi Arabia will look to play themselves into this game, given their form is not as good as it can be.

Event South Korea - Bahrain
Selection South Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.62
Reasoning South Korea is the most successful Asian team. World Cup after World Cup, they are showing their World value but the true is that can't win this Asian Cup since 1960. They dream on win it again, and Park, the Manchester United's star, will have his last chance here, as he will leave the national team after this Asian Cup. They prepare this competition quite well. Bahrain is weaker and have two major absences: Mohammed Salmeen and Hussain Salman. His captain Salman Isa is also doubtful. Despite the many surprises this competition is having, i think this can be a good bet.

Re: Asian Cup South Korea v Bahrain South Korea HT/FT South Korea are a decent side and will wrap this one up in the first half, and build on their lead in the 2nd half. They will want to kick off the tournament with a bang and will do. The players have played in the World Cup and have the experience, Bahrain never qualify for anything.

Re: Asian Cup Australia -3.5 @ 2.25 centrebet Distinct class advantage in favour of the Australians here, and where in the last tournament they probably did not take this as seriously as they should of, talk is that they are much more focused here. Quite a few of their senior players this will be there last major tournament so they will be looking to get a good start here. New coach Osieck has a much more attacking philisophy than this predecessor, and the players seem to prefer his man-mangement style also, comparing him with Huddink who they enjoyed playing under in the 2006 World Cup. India have been beaten recently 5-0 by UAE, 9-1 by Kuwait and 2-0 by Iraq, and doubt that they can get through this Australian defence, but also believe they will have problems in stopping Cahill from the set pieces.

Re: Asian Cup AUSTRALIA -2EH @ 5/6......PaddyP............I'm well aware of the unpredictability of football and the danger of everyone backing the favourites etc but I'm happy to take on a biggish handicap on the socceroos ranked 26th to beat India ranked joint 142nd today.Lets just talk about rankings for a start.India have been beaten in the last year or so by Yemen(126th),who put 6 past them and Hong Kong(146th) just to name two.They failed to beat the Maldives(162nd) and beat Nepal(172nd) and Banledesh(159th) both by a 1-0 scoreline. Today they will miss their playmaker and experienced skipper Bhutia and the in-form Sushil Singh is suspended.That leaves them with 2 recognized forwards Yadav and Chetri(Sporting Kansas city). They recently played UAE in a friendly and got thumped 5-0.The aussies drew 0-0 with the same gulf opposition without 5 of their key players who were rested. I'm afraid I can only see one winner today and I feel the margin could be quite large.I've looked at the different range of bets,like HT/FT and to win both halves etc but for now I'm happy to go 6/10 stakes on the the aussies to win by 3 or more.......

Re: Asian Cup I agree with blackcrow and luckotheoirish about India-Australia game, but I will place small stakes on correct score, because if some average teams managed to score many goals against India I think Australia can do even more. Australia 8-0 @ 67.00 (1 unit) Australia 9-0 @ 151.00 (0.5 unit) Australia 10-0 @ 251.00 (0.5 unit) Prices from William Hill.

Re: Asian Cup Australia v India – Tim Cahill 1st Scorer @ 4.50 (Sportsbet) You can’t argue you with Timmy’s goal scoring record for Australia, its something silly like a goal every second match. He is in fantastic form for Everton this season and has arguably been their best player. He has scored a bunch of goals recently and come close on a regular basis. I’ve heard rumours that he’ll be played as our lone striker, If this is the case then I’m expecting him to bag a few. His aerial ability will be too much for the Indians to handle, especially when you have someone like Harry Kewell providing the service. Nothing too strong in there to suggest Timmy will be the first scorer, it’s more of a hunch and a playful bet. I’m just making the match that little bit more interesting! So nothing more then small stakes here. I’m not silly! Besides, If he doesn’t score first… but scores last, I’ll win some money anyway, thanks to the current sportsbet promotion.

Australia v India – Tim Cahill 1st Scorer @ 4.50 (Sportsbet) You can’t argue you with Timmy’s goal scoring record for Australia, its something silly like a goal every second match. He is in fantastic form for Everton this season and has arguably been their best player. He has scored a bunch of goals recently and come close on a regular basis. I’ve heard rumours that he’ll be played as our lone striker, If this is the case then I’m expecting him to bag a few. His aerial ability will be too much for the Indians to handle, especially when you have someone like Harry Kewell providing the service. Nothing too strong in there to suggest Timmy will be the first scorer, it’s more of a hunch and a playful bet. I’m just making the match that little bit more interesting! So nothing more then small stakes here. I’m not silly! Besides, If he doesn’t score first… but scores last, I’ll win some money anyway, thanks to the current sportsbet promotion.
Cahill could indeed score 1st but sportsbet are quite clever with their promotion.If the aussies are 3 or more up around the 60 minute mark expect Tim and 2 more to make way.More goals could be scored after this as I expect Australia to finish stroner than India.I don't back goalscorer generally but if anybody is thinking of a last goalscorer bet then Kruse could nick one at the end.He's 2nd top scorer in the A league and will more than likely come on as a sub...........

Cahill could indeed score 1st but sportsbet are quite clever with their promotion.If the aussies are 3 or more up around the 60 minute mark expect Tim and 2 more to make way.More goals could be scored after this as I expect Australia to finish stroner than India.I don't back goalscorer generally but if anybody is thinking of a last goalscorer bet then Kruse could nick one at the end.He's 2nd top scorer in the A league and will more than likely come on as a sub...........
Yeah fair point mate, Cahill probably won't be needed for the full 90 minutes, let's just hope he bags the first goal!

Re: Asian Cup South Korea - Bahrain Selection South Korea Strength 10/10 Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.55 Well first of all South Korea is much better team then Bahrain. Seceond of all we can all agree judging by the success and internacional achievements based on results that South Korea is the best Asian team. And third of all Bahrain is impaired beacause Mohammed Salmeen & Hussain Salman will miss the game. I think this match is going on the side of Korea.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event India - Australia
Selection Australia -4.5, -5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.10
Reasoning India will be the black sheep in this cup, even if friendlies can be take like good argument but to lose 9-1 with Kuwait, 5-0 vs UAE that means that team is limited. Australia is a great team and I'm sure that they want from this beginning a great start, I just don't see the possibility that Cahill not to score. maybe India will try to limited the score and is possible to close so well the match, at 2, 3-0, but I don't believe they have power to do that. My tip 0-6. God luck!

Re: Asian Cup Australia to win to NIL @ 1.55 is massive value with centrebet... multi with South Korea win @ 2.37 Total odds I'd do it if both my damn credit card and moneybookers were not working on the centrebet site?? Australia is at a completly different level then India and i cant see india scoring against any opposition as good as UAE or better, which Australia is. Also Bahrain is missing probably their 3 key players in attack/midfield that create play. South Korea is on another level. This was going to be my lock with $5,000 at stake to win my roulette losses (dont ask hahah).

Australia v India – Tim Cahill 1st Scorer @ 4.50 (Sportsbet) You can’t argue you with Timmy’s goal scoring record for Australia, its something silly like a goal every second match. He is in fantastic form for Everton this season and has arguably been their best player. He has scored a bunch of goals recently and come close on a regular basis. I’ve heard rumours that he’ll be played as our lone striker, If this is the case then I’m expecting him to bag a few. His aerial ability will be too much for the Indians to handle, especially when you have someone like Harry Kewell providing the service. Nothing too strong in there to suggest Timmy will be the first scorer, it’s more of a hunch and a playful bet. I’m just making the match that little bit more interesting! So nothing more then small stakes here. I’m not silly! Besides, If he doesn’t score first… but scores last, I’ll win some money anyway, thanks to the current sportsbet promotion.
It only took 11 minutes, thanks Timmy :nana

Good man Mr Watson' date='you didn't need their special offer after all.......[/quote'] Thanks mate. The special offer applies to the first scorer as well. I take a share in $2500 with the others who successfully tipped the first scorer or correct scorer. You take a share if your man scores last too. Not bad hey! I'm looking forward to seeing what percentage my share is!

:clap

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event India - Australia
Selection Australia -4.5' date=' -5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.10
Reasoning India will be the black sheep in this cup, even if friendlies can be take like good argument but to lose 9-1 with Kuwait, 5-0 vs UAE that means that team is limited. Australia is a great team and I'm sure that they want from this beginning a great start, I just don't see the possibility that Cahill not to score. maybe India will try to limited the score and is possible to close so well the match, at 2, 3-0, but I don't believe they have power to do that. My tip 0-6. God luck!
0-4... from 65 min they didn't score more f them all