** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Caribbean Twenty20 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Caribbean Twenty20 2011 Not had as many bets as I thought I might in this but that could change over the finals weekend. One for tonight. 4pts Canada to beat Leeward Islands Evs Sportingbet I quite like Canada tonight. Neither side can go through to the semi finals but Canada have something to gain out of this as it's more preparation and confidence boosting for the upcoming world cup which although they won't qualify from the group in that either, they will see it being a successful world cup if they can beat Zimbabwe and Kenya and that's not beyond the realms of possibility. Leeward Islands aren't one of the strongest Caribbean nations and they've been terrible with the bat in this competition. In their 3 matches so far they've made scores of 112/6, 97 and 110 and in all 3 matches they have struggled massively against spin. That's not good for them here because Canada have given a trial by spin to all their opponents, a method which was good enough to beat Hampshire and come so close to beating Trinidad & Tobago, both better sides than the Leewards. Canada have put a couple of scores of around the 130 mark up in this tournament and with their plethora of spinners if they put up 130 again that should well be enough. Canada for me.

Re: Cricket: Caribbean Twenty20 2011 As well as being on Hampshire at 8/1 tonight, I'm going with one in the 3/4 playoff. 4pts Windward Islands to beat Jamaica Evs Bet365 I watched both these teams in their respective semi finals and I thought Windwards played better. I don't particularly rate this Jamaica side anyway not in this format at least and the Windwards have already beaten them on this ground in the group stages. I guess in this playoff we've got a side who will be happy to be in the 3rd placed match - Windwards, against a side who would be disappointed they're not in the final - Jamaica. The methods of the two sides intrigue me and for me give Windwards the edge. Jamaica have gone into their matches with a battery of pace in the bowling attack while Windwards have a couple of good spin options. In Andre Fletcher, Devon Smith and Darren Sammy, the Windwards have 3 very solid performers with bags of international experience. International experience wise Jamaica probably just have the edge but Marlon Samuels hasn't played internationally for a while, ditto Wavell Hinds while Jerome Taylor is still coming back from injury and it's showing. Nikita Miller is in the Windies world cup squad and he'll be tough to face but I think the rest of the Jamaican attack is there to be shot at. Hampshire had to work hard to get as many as they did last night but I don't see this Jamaica side having the hitting potential Hampshire do. All too often they get stuck in a rut for me and if they don't want to be in this playoff it's not going to help. 3rd place will be a decent achievement for a young Windwards side and at evens I'll take them to win the prelude to the main event.

Re: Cricket: Caribbean Twenty20 2011 Couldn't get anything going in this tournament and Hampshire's shambles of a run chase last night cost be a decent wedge on the outright which would've seen me in profit overall. -14.5pts in total but at least one thing to come out of it is seeing how these grounds play for the Windies international cricket which is on Sky later this year.