** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Franklin Templeton Shootout

RussP

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Northern Trust Open Early on the Northern Trust as well, can just see a couple of my players' odds contracting soon so might as well take it now! JB Holmes @ 31 ew BetFred Is playing really well so far this year but hasnt truly threatened the top of the leaderboard; however, finishing 5th a couple of weeks ago and 13th last week, banking over $350k already, he'll be feeling good. Loves this course with 3 top 7s here in the last 3 years culminating in a 3rd place last year; hopefully he'll continue his yearly improvements. 2nd for birdie conversion, 10th for putting and topped the putting stats here last year; if he won by a margin I would be unsurprised. Rory Sabbatini @ 71 ew BlueSq Rory is a streaky player there's no doubt about that, and he hasnt played great golf recently; however, in his five tournaments this year he already has 3 top 25s and he's coming back to one of his favourite tournament. He has 3 top 10s including a win here in the past 5 years, and in the 6 years before that he had a runner up and two other top 15s...not too shabby. With 5wins on tour, he is a guy who knows how to win and considering his course form I feel it's a very generous price. Steve Marino @ 61 ew Bet365 (Smaller Stakes) OK, so he might have messed up his last hole last week going for the win but we shouldnt forget that in his four tournaments this year he already has two top 5s...lets look at the positives here and see how well he's playing. Add in a top 5 finish here last year and he looks like a great bet @ 60s. Have taken a smaller bet on him solely because you never know how a player reacts after leading all week only to lose it on the back 9. Still think it's a great price though! Andres Romero @ 126 ew StanJames (Smaller Stakes) This is a guy who is impossible not to love...and hate...but there's no doubting that when he plays well, he plays very very well...but when he plays badly he just throws double and triple bogeys in for fun! He has made his last two cuts which I look the look of, and finished 2nd to Jhonatthan Vegas in a tournament in Argentina in December so he is feeling quite comfortable with his game; however, there is no other reason to back him than his form here. He has played here 3 times - missed the cut the first time and has followed it up with two top 5 finishes. These finishes in the last two years have been his best finishes of the year both times so he clearly likes playing here. Hopefully he'll reward e/w backers again...but he's just as likely to finish last so smaller stakes! Dustin Johnson First Round Leader @ 29 ew StanJames Johnson is a great player, a very fast starter but I'm not convinced he's the best finisher despite his tournaments won....he just has that much ability he gets away with it! I, however, wont be worrying about that this year but will just be looking after the first day. He is known as a fast starter and nowhere more so than here. He has played here 3 times, finishing in the top 10 twice....however, in all three years he has rewarded each way backers after the first round. His first round ever around Riviera was a 68 in a tie for 5th, in 2009 he hit an opening 66 to lie 3rd and last year he hit an opening 64 to lie in the outright lead. Hopefully history will repeat itself. GL :ok

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Northern Trust Open Just another small stakes bet for me on a guy I'm loving at the moment... Mark Wilson @ 91 ew ToteSport Missed the cut last, hence the odds, but this is ridiculous. Two wins in four starts this season and he's 90/1? Obsurd! Rory McIlroy has two wins in his career and goes off at single figures regularly...I know it's not quite the same but clearly he is being underestimated. Has played here 3 times and finished 11th on his debut so can play the course and he's never been playing better than he is now. Just cant believe that he is these odds and cant resist having a small bet on a guy who fared quite nicely for me just a couple of weeks ago! GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Northern Trust Open I dont have a view from a punting perspective, apart from laying (Baddley and Na) but I hope that Freddie Couples wins this thing. He is one of the good guys and would be one of the stories of the year if he were to be crowned champion for the 3rd time....Of course it is unlikely, for the simple reason his putting probably wont stand upto the pressure, (not even mentioning the back) but if he could just convince himself that it really doesn't matter then maybe just maybe......:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Northern Trust Open Golf coverage 'kiss of death'! In the space of 2 minutes they showed vijay, stricker, duval and baddeley putting... All missed in succession to drop shots from putts they would normally hole 99 times out of 100!! What are the odds?!?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay I love the Matchplay :nana. Normally look to take a couple of outrights but 3 of the brackets this week could be tournaments on their own :eek. So just one for me unless prices move on the right men. 1pt ew L.Donald to win Accenture Matchplay 40/1 Sportingbet (1/4 1,2,3,4) Donald has all the tools for Matchplay and has been to the last 16 both years here. Lost to Els in 09 when he pulled out on the 18th tee and then to Olly Wilson last year on the 20th hole so with a bit more luck this week I think he'll go well. Fantastic putter, hits irons as true as anyone and with Hoffman then EMo/Laird before a potential last 16 match with Stricker he could've had a much tougher draw. Westwood is the top seed in his bracket and he's yet to go past the last 32 so at 40/1 I'll take Donald to burn it up in the desert this week.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Just the one bet for me on the matchplay and it's a first timer... Martin Laird @ 101 ew BetFred As Kev has already mentioned, the Jones division is probably the easiest bracket with a few out of form players. Martin Laird, however, is playing some great golf starting the year off with three top 25s in his first four starts including a 3rd place finish the last time he was in Arizona. On the longest course on tour, Laird should be right at home as a guy who drives over 300yards, as well as being adept with his long irons (ranked in top 20 for both proximity to hole and GIR from over 200 yards last year - currently 2nd in GIR from over 200 yards). One thing that has really encouraged me, however, is how strong his putting has looked as this has previously been his weakness. He is currently ranking in the top 48 for birdies/round, putts/round, putts/GIR, birdie conversion and scrambling - this all adds up to top 10 in the all around ranking. Not bad! As a guy who studied and now lives locally, he should be able to adapt to the weather and feel comfortable in the area. His route to the semis (e/w payout) wont be easy, but his most difficult will probably be: Edoardo Molinari - missed two of last 3 cuts, last time he played singles match play he capitulated against Rickie Fowler. Luke Donald - as Kev said, a very decent match player but I can imagine he'll find this match a challenge with his lack of length. Also, he completely fell apart last week on his favourite course which doesnt bode well. Charl Schwartzel - this should be a really tough match, I make it a 5050 but Charl hasnt played in about a months so may be a little bit rusty or knocked out already! Lee Westwood - as mentioned above by Kev, he's not the best in this tournament and he isnt playing that great at the moment. Difficult but hardly impossible...at 25s to reach the semis I'll take that as value. I honestly dont have any idea whether he is great at matchplay but the fact that he's playing so well and has the ability to go very low (has already hit 3 rounds of 65 or better this year in 15 rounds, and hit a 62 at the end of last season) and make birdies so I feel that he can do pretty well in this format. At 3 figure odds I'll have a little go on him! GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Brian Gay 10/1 for Mayakoba :loon... did he turn into Tiger over the weekend? I know its lacking anyone from the top 66 in the world... but would anyone back him at those odds? Was hoping for better than 18/1 for J.Vegas... not only has he won this year and been in contention in another but shot a final round -5 on Sunday, so still playing well. Would've liked 20+ but everyone seems skinny to me... I must be getting tight! Hornet is the master of these things.... I'll await his verdict!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay A couple of bracket bets for me. 2pts R.McIlroy to win Player Bracket 5/1 VC In all intents and purposes this should be about Kaymer and McIlroy and it's the huge amount of birdies Rory can make when he's on song that leads me to him plus the marginally more comfortable half of the bracket he has. He's in good nick, we've seen that in the Desert swing on the European Tour and while Kaymer is solid as a rock, McIlroy can put devastating birdie runs together that can tear matches apart. 5/1 is more than acceptable for someone with a fair amount of matchplay experience despite his young age. 1pt ew R.Fowler to win Hogan Bracket 12/1 Boylesports (1/3 1,2) I like the look of Rickie Fowler. We saw at the Ryder Cup how he can perform in adversity and he makes the required amount of birdies to be dangerous in this format. Despite Mickelson being in his half of the bracket I think he's in much the easier half when you think the bottom half has Gmac, Poults, Cink, Quiros and Fisher in it. I think Mickelson is beatable in this format and I expect Fowler to get to the QF where he will have a tough match but the place money will be in by then and you never know over 18 holes. 12/1 looks big to me so I'll have a small ew play.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Some great matchup's tonight. 3pts S.Cink to beat I.Poulter 5/4 Stan James Match tees off at 14.25 GMT. The first match of the day could well be the best one of the day. Poulter is defending champion this week, Cink a former finalist who has made the semis and quarters in the two years it's been here. Both tremendous match players who are tough to beat. This could easily go beyond 18 but with a good week under his belt last week the value is on Cink. 3pts J.Overton to beat E.Els 5/4 Betfred Match tees off at 14.45 GMT. Jeff Overton showed in the Ryder Cup he's no pushover. Beating Ross Fisher is a good result. Ernie has a good record in matchplay at Wentworth but a lot of that has to be down to him living on the course in the past. Ernie pulled out last week with an injury so if he's not fully fit the last thing he needs is a match against the gritty Overton. Overton hasn't pulled up any trees since the Ryder Cup but maybe the added competitive element of matchplay golf will relight his spark and at odds against with doubts over Ernie, the American is the call. 3pts R.Fisher to beat R.Allenby Evs VC Match tees off at 15.55 GMT. I think Ross Fisher is the better player of these two. Certainly in this format anyway. He went well last time out in Dubai and has beaten Allenby in this competition before. Fisher makes a lot of birdies in matchplay and having been to the semi finals here he should come in with a bit of confidence this week. Allenby has played well on the PGA Tour this year but having won only two of his last 7 matches he doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence. Not only has Fisher made the semis in this but he's won the Volvo Matchplay too so matchplay is his game and I'll take him at even money here. 3pts B.Crane to beat A.Scott 11/10 Betfred Match tees off at 16.55 GMT. Ben Crane is an awkward opponent in matchplay, partly because he's so deliberate. I have to say I'm not much of an Adam Scott fan and I think he's there for the taking in this match. Crane made the last 16 here last year beating YE Yang along the way whereas Adam Scott has only won one match in the two years this event has been here at Dove Mountain. Scott can make lots of birdies but he can have plenty of shockers too. The deliberate Crane is more consistent and at odds against I'll take him here. 3pts R.Moore to beat F.Molinari 11/10 Betfred Match tees off at 17.55 GMT. Ryan Moore comes into this event off the back of a good week at Riviera last week while FMo comes in after a mini break having become a father recently. Whether the sleepless nights and emotions of that will have affected his golf game who knows but I'm guessing there wasn't too many visits to the range in that period of time. Another thing which could affect him was getting wiped out by Tiger in the Ryder Cup. Admittedly Tiger played lights out golf but it was a fairly heavy beating. Moore lost to Ernie Els last time he was in this event but he comes here in good nick and with FMo sometimes having issues on the greens, I'll take Moore in this one. 3pts S.O'Hair to beat H.Mahan 8/5 Totesport Match tees off at 18.15 GMT. Sean O'Hair looks a massive price here for a golfer of his class. Sure Hunter Mahan is a cracking matchplayer and he's been in decent nick this season but somewhere in the back of his mind will be the loss to McDowell at the Ryder Cup, to lose the cup for the USA. His lack of length off the tee might count against him in this match too. O'Hair's a solid player who was a quarter finalist here 2 years ago and at this price in an 18 hole match I have to take him in this match.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Mayakoba Classic Rest of the World 1/4 odds 1-2-3-4 Andreas Romero 13/2. Good summary of this guys form from Hornet. Under close inspection this is technically a four runner market. Therfore the price and the places on offer are more than attractive. Johnny Vegas is a short priced market leader and 11/10 is laying potential for this gifted rookie. Sabbatini is a bit of a mood player, so I suggest the guy hitting a bit of form and arguably world class on his day at a very decent price, in a market with a lot of "platers" NB; On board with the M Wilson tip Hornet, also agree with Kev on Cink to beat Poulter. GL Sry posted wrong tournament earlier. You might have pointed out the mistake RB instead of taking the piss. Maybe you're still sore from last Sundays score!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay

Northren Trust Open. Rest of the World 1/4 odds 1-2-3-4 Andreas Romero 13/2. Good summary of this guys form from Hornet. Under close inspection this is technically a four runner market. Therfore the price and the places on offer are more than attractive. Johnny Vegas is a short priced market leader and 11/10 is laying potential for this gifted rookie. Sabbatini is a bit of a mood player, so I suggest the guy hitting a bit of form and arguably world class on his day at a very decent price, in a market with a lot of "platers" NB; On board with the M Wilson tip Hornet, also agree with Kev on Cink to beat Poulter. GL
Im gonna stick my neck out and say Aaron Baddelley could go well in this event. :loon

Brian Gay 10/1 for Mayakoba :loon... did he turn into Tiger over the weekend? I know its lacking anyone from the top 66 in the world... but would anyone back him at those odds? Was hoping for better than 18/1 for J.Vegas... not only has he won this year and been in contention in another but shot a final round -5 on Sunday, so still playing well. Would've liked 20+ but everyone seems skinny to me... I must be getting tight! Hornet is the master of these things.... I'll await his verdict!
Nothing like a bit of pressure! Cheers for that Perry!! I will, however, concede that Kev can take the crown on Matchplay at the moment with Laird already a gonner! Onto the Mayakoba where I picked out Joe Durant last year at triple figures only for him to fall apart in the final round - this was using a simple strategy. Someone who is experienced, has a decent record here, is very accurate, and has great proximity to hole figures. Ability to birdie par 4s is a bonus. I'll also be looking at records at similar venues (Harbour Town, Sony Open, Viking Classic, Transitions Champs) for a potential winner as they offer similar tests with short tight tracks and windy conditions. With Perry's notes above on Gay @ 10/1, he actually has the perfect profile for a winner here - top 6 for accuracy in the last 3 years, top 13 proximity last 3 years and 9th in par 4 birdie % this year. Add in the fact that he trounced the field here in 08 and has top 10s at all 4 of the above tracks, he should be favourite - however, 10s is a little short for me even if he does go on to win as the winners have invariably been long shots here in the past four years. Vegas on the other hand is way too short for my liking - he may have hispanic support on his side but his driving is way too wayward and he may end up in the rainforest (they dont have rough) more often than not which wont end well. Now for the picks... Boo Weekley @ 33s ew WillHill Top for total driving (top 40 accuracy), top for ball striking, 7th proximity to hole and top 50 for par 4 birdie % - what's not to like? He may have missed his last two cuts but all four winners here have missed their previous cut so that wont put me off. He grew up playing windy coastal courses and has proved adept at this style with two wins at Harbour Town and top 10s at the Sony Open (top 30 this year) and Viking Classic. He made the cut here last year having opened up with a 67, but more importantly, in his only other attempt here he finished 6th in 2007 showing he can definitely play the course. One of the best ball strikers on tour, Boo is only ever held back by his putter, however, statistically he's been hitting less putts/GIR than ever before (still poor though!) so hopefully he'll be able to keep improving on that, if he has a good week with the putter it'll be difficult for the others to live with. Chris Riley @ 70s ew BlueSq Truly fits the profile - known for his straight driving and good putting, I'm pretty sure I picked him out last year too! He has played all four times here so clearly enjoys it and has never finished outside the top 28 which is encouraging. What's more encouraging is that in 2009 he was playing his third tournament of the season - off two missed cuts - and was 5th going into the final round. Last year he was playing his fourth tournament - off three missed cuts - and finished 13th so clearly he loves it here. This year he already has a top 10 at the Sony Open (mentioned above as similar) which bodes well and I think the odds on offer are more than fair. Jason Bohn @ 80s ew Bet365 Never played here before but I have a decent feeling about it. Less than 12 months ago he was winning in New Oreans over a field with Garcia, Choi, Rose and Crane in by hitting fairways and making putts. Sounds good to me! He may not be quite hitting those heights at the moment but he has made all four cuts this season and there have been real signs of life. 3 rounds in the 60s at the Sony looks good , and an opening 65 in Phoenix shows he's got it in him! 29-18-49-60 - his last four years in driving accuracy; 2-32-36 - his last three years in proximity to hole; it's taking a little gamble but I feel at these odds it's an attractive one! Jarrod Lyle @ 70s ew BlueSq My bet of the week. I was hoping for better than 40s so this is a treat. Growing up in Victoria, Lyle knows how to play in the wind, better still, he knows how to play this course. In his career he has 3 top 10s on the PGA Tour - a 10th in New Orleans (where Bohn won!) and a 9th here last year....and a 6th here the year before. He clearly adores this course. Played well over the winter break in Oz with a top 5 and a top 20 and has followed that up with a decent start to the PGA Tour (having made it through Q School) with 5 cuts made out of 6. Was lying 6th after two rounds at the Sony (in similar conditions as noted!) and finished a solid 35th at Riviera last week so is playing decent golf. What makes me love these odds, however, is his nationwide tour record...his first ever win on tour coming in Mexico! Clearly there's something in the water here. The stats say he shouldnt suit the course but his results say otherwise and he clearly doesnt think so..."I guess it's the kind of course that suits me pretty well. It's windy and I've grown up in wind. And I drive it pretty straight, so it's the kind of golf course if you don't drive it straight you're gonna find a lot of trouble." I'll take his word for it and at 70s I'll hope he can keep enjoying the course! Skip Kendall @ 200s ew Tote And now one from left wing somewhere (I'm not even sure where!) but these are crazy odds. It's his first start of the year - and to be honest I think it's because it's the first tournament he could get into. His profile fits as he has never finished outside the top 25 in accuracy, and only last yaer in the last 9 years was he outside the top 30 in proximity to hole. He has proved thathe can play on this course with 2 top 9 finishes in his 3 attempts, including a 4th placed finish last year, and has shown with 3 top 17s in Panama in the last 3 years (2 on the nationwide tour) that he likes the region. He plays well in the wind and even led the open at half way a few years ago so shouldnt have any problem with that. The fact that he wont play much this year unless he plays well in this kind of tournament means he should have the extra motivation, and at 200s I'm willing to take a chance. GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay One for me for the Mayakoba Briny Baird @ 126 Betstar With the top players in the WGC event then this tournament really opens up. In his last 3 trips to Mexico, Baird has two Top 10 finishes and a 12th place before that. Considering the odds and open-ness of the field, as well as Baid's course form, I think this one offers value.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay 4 out of 6 for me yesterday with all 3 outrights safely through. +7.35pts for yesterday's matches and 4 for me today. 3pts J.Day to beat P.Casey 13/8 Stan James Match tees off at 16.34 GMT. It's dangerous taking on Casey in matchplay at any time but I feel it's merited here. Jason Day makes a lot of birdies and he certainly did that yesterday. I know scoring isn't totally true in matchplay with putts conceded and stuff but it's the same for everyone. Despite that, Day went round the 16 holes he played in 5 under par which was a good effort in the slightly tricky conditions of yesterday. Casey wasn't good and really Richard Green should have sent him home. Casey eventually won at the 19th but for the 19 holes he played he was only one under par and made only 2 birdies all match. Casey should win this but Day's one of those opponents who can rattle off a run of holes with a blitz of birdies so I'll take the Aussie to edge this one at a big price for an 18 hole match. 4pts JB Holmes to beat E.Els Evs Skybet Match tees off at 16.46 GMT. I took on Ernie Els yesterday and I was right to. He was awful. However Overton somehow squandered a 3 hole lead and then completely ballsed up the 19th hole annoying after Ernie Els had shortsided himself in the bunker. JB Holmes had no such problems. He beat Camilo Villegas in the opening round who is a pretty tough opponent. Els made just one birdie in 19 holes and was 3 over for that time which is shocking in matchplay. Holmes was five under for his 16 holes and his extra length will give him the edge in this match so I very much fancy the American here. 3pts N.Watney to beat L.Westwood 11/10 Paddy Power Match tees off at 18.34 GMT. Nick Watney came past a tricky looking opponent in Anthony Kim in the first round albeit Kim was awful. Westwood laboured past Stenson in the opening round and Stenson was another opponent who wasn't with it. Neither Watney who shot level par, or Westwood who shot one over, pulled up any trees yesterday but the concern for me with regards to Westwood is how poorly he's putting at the minute. He looks rusty and has mentioned he's aiming to peak for Augusta. Watney has the length to tame this course and I think he's worth a pop at odds against. 3pts KJ Choi to beat R.Moore Evs Skybet Match tees off at 18.46 GMT. Ryan Moore did me a few favours yesterday but he never impressed greatly. I thought KJ played a lot better. He went round in -3 yesterday while Moore shot -1. Moore had his match won after 9 holes which was handy because that's when Fmo started playing and he came back at Moore strongly which emphasises the strong chance KJ has here. Choi saw off a good opponent in Goosen last night and he's got all the sufficient matchplay experience needed to win this one.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay WGC Matchplay outright. Martin Kaymer 10/1 EW b365 Kaymer is like a robot and seemed perfectly at home on this course yesterday. He will not be stretched, I believe to dispose of Justin Rose. He looks pretty cast iron to reach the semi-finals, and at that stage you will be able to relax, with a small profit in the bank, if you have taken the EW.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Kev you've had a couple blinders in here so far well done :clap Looking ahead early for the next round, I am liking the look of Ogilvy, Jimenez and Donald. Definitely feel they can go one round more. Definitely didn't expect McIllroy to lose so convincingly today though :eek Will come back with more reasoning for the above tomorrow.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Having taken a good luck at the outright market this morning and the draw, I think there are a couple of players worthy of interest. Y E YANG has proved himself to be one of the finest Asian players and when on form is a definite top 10 player. He is 36's on BEtfair. He is playing very well, has seen off Quiroz with a fighting back nine, and then hammered Cink. He plays McDowell who was very average in round 2 but still better than his opponent Fisher. He would then face a very winnable match against Kuchar, who is doing ok, or Fowler who looked brilliant against Phil, but he may struggle to keep a lid on his enthusiasm over the next 2 matches. Y E in my eyes has to get past G Mc to reach the last 4. He's a major winner, playing well and deserves to be backed at the price. 2 points win Betfair 35/1 2 points win Hogan bracket 5's Stan James Also think Ben Crane should be backed. Very steady player, in good touch, experienced enough to win a big tournament. 0.5 pt ew Blue Sq 20/1 (2 places @ 1/2odds)

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay A good night for me last night. +9.18pts although I lost McIlroy so +14.53 overall going into tonight where I'm taking 2 more to add to Fowler who I'm effectively on at 4/1. 3pts B.Watson to beat G.Ogilvy 5/4 Betfred Match tees off at 17.59 GMT. Bubba Watson has been in good nick this week shooting 8 under so far. Ogilvy was a bit fortunate against Bjorn where he could easily have been taken to extra time. Obviously Geoff's a top match play golfer with a great record in this but Bubba's length gives him an advantage I feel and with that in mind I'll take this. 5pts B.Crane to beat M.Jimenez 4/5 Skybet Match tees off at 18.59 GMT. Ben Crane was superb yesterday going 5 under for the 11 holes he played against Rory McIlroy. Jimenez has made so many bogeys this week it's almost beyond belief he's come through so easily but he's been lucky his opponents have been poor so far. Crane won't be, he's too consistent to let his game fall that much and while this will probably be Crane's closest match yet it's one I'm very confident he'll win.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Great stuff so far:clap. Not had chance to be involved this week as I've been away. I'm going to take quite a few today, 5 in fact. M.Kuchar to beat R.Fowler, 3pts @ 11/10 Skybet I think this will be a real close one but the value lies with Kuchar. In my opinion, Fowler is a talented player but there's too much hype attached to him and his 6&5 win over Mickleson won't have helped. Both of these players have played well this week but at odds against, I like Kuchar especially considering he's hit 11 birdies so far in his 2 matches. Improved round on round and if he can continue to score well, I like the older, more experienced player to prevail. B.Watson to beat G.Ogilvy, 4pts @ 5/4 Betfred I like Bubba this week. Has shown loads of versatility this week, hitting 7 birdies in his 3&2 win over Haas before a 6&5 victory over Wilson, where he never dropped a shot but only fired in 3 birdies. As Kev says, has the extra length over top match player Ogilvy and the Aussie hasn't been on top form, despite wins over Harrington and Bjorn. Is only -3 for the week and I don't think that will be enough here over his rival so, at odds against, I'm on the American here. J.Day to JB.Holmes, 4pts @ Evs Totesport Casey conqueror, Jason Day, is a birdie machine and the price looks big here. 6 birdies and an eagle in round 1 was followed by 6 birdies yesterday. That is very, very impressive scoring. JB's been playing well too, wins over Villegas and Els show that. Picked up 6 birdies and 2 eagles which is none too shabby here but I just can't understand why the Aussie ain't favourite. At the prices, I'm keen to play. N.Watney to beat R.Moore, 6pts @ 4/6 Boylesports I'm a big Watney fan and really think he'll win comfortably today. On paper, this is his easiest match this week following wins over Anthony Kim and Lee Westwood. Yesterday's was a high quality encounter where he took out Westy by 1 hole, hitting 6 birdies and just 1 bogey all round. I think the inconsistent Moore will have problems living with that, despite a super 5&4 over KJ Choi yesterday. Is only -4 for the week and his tendency to throw in a few bogeys may just mean this one is a step too far. Nick to win here and set up a last 8 clash, most likely with Donald. B.Crane to beat MA.Jimenez, 4pts @ 4/5 Stan James Not much to add here to what Kev has said so I'll keep it brief. Not only was Crane -5 after yesterday, he's also only hit 1 bogey all week which will stand him in good stead. Jimenez meanwhile has only got this far due to crap play by his opponents. Won 2 matches with a score of +1 for the week. On form, this is a no brainer so I hope Crane can continue his form and take this en route to a quarter final.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Gah went with a 4pt Watson & Watney double. Gutted to see him lose on the 19th. I think Crane is a good shout on the outrights. He's looked pretty good these last few days. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take out Kaymer tomorrow either.

Gah went with a 4pt Watson & Watney double. Gutted to see him lose on the 19th. I think Crane is a good shout on the outrights. He's looked pretty good these last few days. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take out Kaymer tomorrow either.
:unsure:unsure Unfortunately... He got hammered by Jiminez about an hour and a half before your post! :unsure:unsure

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Lost 3.25pts on the matches and Fowler's exit last night so +11.28 overall now. Am on Donald at 10/1 effectively this afternoon so hoping he can do the bizzo and am going with one more. 6pts B.Watson to beat JB Holmes 8/11 Boylesports Match tees off at 14.46 GMT. Bubba Watson is playing insane golf at the minute. He went round the 14 holes yesterday in roughly 7 under par. He's making a stack of birdies and then eagles come along at the par 5's with his length too. Holmes has done well to get this far as a late replacement but his even par 18 hole round of yesterday ain't gonna get it done today. With Holmes' length negated in this battle of the bombers I'm not sure what else he's bringing to the party with which to beat Bubba. The left hander is completely on song at the minute and I expect him to progress to the semis from the Snead bracket.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Gutted last night, finishing -5.7pts after it all looked so rosy (except Crane). Jason 'bloody' Day and Nick Watney:wall Anyway, onto today and taking 2. L.Donald to be leading after 9 holes vs R.Moore, 4pts @ 11/10 Boylesports Donald has played excellent golf all week, hitting just 3 bogeys on his run to 3 victories. He's played the first 9 very well in -8 for his 3 rounds including 4 birdies in his win over Manassero yesterday. Moore meanwhile has been more average. Admittedly, he's -5 but also looks likely to throw in a bogey along the way so will have to pull it out to stay with the Englishman today. M.Kaymer to be leading after 9 holes vs MA.Jimenez, 7pts @ 5/6 Boylesports For me, a stupid price and one I'm happy to wade in on. Kaymer could well be number 1 in the World after this event and who would bet against him on his win over Mahan. Is improving all the time, and has played in the front 9 in par, -2 and -3 in his 3 victories. Jimenez still hasn't played anyone who has shown any form at all and this might be where it all comes crashing down. His front 9 form is not great, was +1 for each of his first 2 matches and, even yesterday, was only -2 despite being 6 up at the turn. I strongly fancy Kaymer to take this.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Well done Kev with Bubba & outright on Luke :clap Quick bet here. M.Kaymer to be leading after 9 holes vs B.Watson, 5pts @ 10/11 Boylesports Same bet as I had this morning. After Evs, -2 and -3 in his first 3 matches, Kaymer followed it today with a flawless -3 without a bogey. Didn't play so great at the end of his match but had done enough and will have had more rest that Bubba who came back from 5 down to win on the 19th. That said, he still didn't play too well and, unless the Bubba of earlier in the week comes out, he could be put to the sword early doors.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Accenture Matchplay Kaymer to bt Donald @ 1.94 Betfair Not to much reasoning here as you could easily make a case for both players and probably more so for Donald who has argually played the best golf of his career and undoubtably the best golf all week. However Kaymer is No1 in the world for a reason, and he's shown why this week with his battling qualities in winning so many tight matches in what was a much tougher route to the final. Thats not to take anything away from Donald, but this will easily be his toughest match to date. I certainly don't think Donald has any type of advantage coming into this final as i have read this morning whether that be mentally or physically. They're both fit young men in their prime and mentally, Kaymer's as tough as they come. Weather wise, the wind doesn't look as if it will be much of a factor, but it will be fairly cold and Kaymer's length will definately be an advantage however slight it may be. To put it simply i had Kaymer @ 1.8 and Donald @ 2.2 last night and anywhere around these odds would most likely have resulted in a no bet, so @ 1.94 i'm happy to have been matched earlier this morning on the new World No1 winning his first WGC event today.