** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Franklin Templeton Shootout

RussP

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Sony Open

Thanks Russ. Good luck with those 2, both very interesting and generously priced. Personally, I'm going to add a couple of savers on those I deem the main dangers to Marino. Appleby is obviously a big threat, but is short enough at 4/1. 0.75 pt ew Chad Campbell to win Sony Open @ 25/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds, 4 places) Campbell was tipped up by many prior to the tournament, and is still there with a strong chance. He has shown previously he is capable of shooting low at this course, and isnt far off the pace on -6. Two 67's so far, but I thought he could have gone a couple better yesterday. If he can get a couple of blue scores on the board early, I think he could be right in contention come the final round. 0.75 pt win Justin Rose to win Sony Open @ 9/1 Betfred Nice to see Justin up there in America again, and I deem him a massive threat if he can hold it together come the closing stretch. My one issue with Rose is his ability to close out tournaments, but there is no doubting his ability as a golfer. On -7, he is only 3 off the pace, and it wouldnt surprise me to see him in the top 3 or 4 as they head out for their 2nd 18. :ok
Added place terms for Chad Campbell.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Bob Hope Classic MARTIN LAIRD E/W 13/2 StanJames OUTRIGHT Really like the chances of Laird here, 1st event since that pga tour sanctioned event in Asia last year so was expected to be just a bit rusty but bounced back to his brillant best with a -8 round yesterday, has finished in top 5 in both his last two starts in 2010, his in idieal position just istting 2 off the pace from the rookie Vegas who surely cannot last the pace in this 5 round event

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Bob Hope Classic WOH what a great finish! who would of thought woodland was going to throw it away on the 2nd hold playoff after vegas went in the water. Woodland missed like 5/6 puts inside 8ft for birdies get your act together mate just didn't want to win did he.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open Farmers Insurance Open 10 pts win T Woods @ 11/4 Bet 365 Max stake on the Tiger this week, something that certainly isnt commonplace in my usual betting strategy. However, his record here at Torrey Pines is nothing short of sublime, and having had a decent winter to get his swing right, I am confident he is going to come here in the right state of mind, and as hungry as he has ever been before. In my opinion, he could win this by a distance, and I'm more than happy to be in big @ 11/4. 1 pt win John Rollins @ 230.0 Betfair 1 pt top 5 finish @ 28.0 Betfair Rollins is overpriced here I feel for a man who does well at the course. The thing with Rollins is putting 4 rounds together without a 74, or 75 getting in the way of a good week. He has shown in the past few years that this course suits his style, with 2 top 5's in the last 5 years. He played some decent golf in the 3rd and 4th rounds of last weeks Bob Hope, and I'm hoping he can carry some of that momentum into this week. 229/1 seems generous. 1 pt win Brandt Snedeker @ 90.0 Betfair 1 pt top 5 finish @ 14.5 Betfair Snedeker's record at Torrey Pines reads 2 x top 5's and 1 x top 10 in only 5 starts at the course, which instantly puts him up for serious consideration. 2nd with 4 solid rounds at last years Farmers Insurance draws me to him, and I think Brandt could eventually break through this year having shown signs of promise over the last 3 or 4. Not a consistent player who can be relied on, but with his form at Torrey Pines, I'm happy to take him at 89/1.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open Ignoring Tiger this week but because of the new tournament in Bahrain I'm having a few bets here especailly at bigger odds... Hunter Mahan @ 41 ew BetFred Class player who won twice last year and fits the bill as a fantastic ball striker. Has shaken off the rust at the Champions tournament. Finished top 30 here in last 3 years. Ryuji Imada @ 61 Bet365 Leading after 3 rounds here last year and has a number of great finishes here. Played well last week despite disappointing last round. DA Points @ 176 Bet365 Top 10 here last year and shook off the rust last week at the Bob Hope making the cut. Last year led here after two rounds coming off two missed cuts so clearly likes the course...fingers crossed with a better start to the year he'll make a mockery of the price. Chris Riley @ 151 ew Bet365 Accurate hitter great putter; grew up in Southern California and actually faced Tiger here in the U-17s Cali Champs which was apparently close!! Finished top 10 in Hawaii. BIll Lunde @ 126 ew Bet365 Californian who won last year; scored really well in last four rounds last week and has game to suit the courses. Shigeki Maruyama @ 201 PP Finished top 10 in Hawaii, has been out the spotlight for years but has a decent record with a previous runner up and another top 5 here in his appearances here. Very big price for a 3 time PGA tour winner. GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open R IMADA 50/1 E/W Betfred Imada is back on a course he loves playing, has made the cut here last 3 years, he was 2nd behind a runaway win by Tiger in 08 & was 9th last year so 2 top 10s in 3 years is good form on a very tricky course. Played in both full field events this year on pga tour and has made cut both times so ain't in bad form for another crack at Torry Pines M LAIRD 66/1 E/W StanJames Disapointing last week dropping back to 13th after going out in the final group but that was his 3rd great performance in a row, lost a playoff in Vegas then came very close to winning in Asia before the end of the year, seems to be a machine tee to green, another hard layout in the barclays last year should have won that but was 2nd, although Bob Hope was quite easy last week he did hit 80% of greens in GIR that is impressive for me. A ATWAL 100/1 E/W StanJames Has made 13 of his last 15 cuts on pga tour, including a win late last year, hits 71% of gir, has solid driving and putting statistics so looks ideal for this course as it suits the accurate players so 100/1 looking good as we are lir a money come the weekend S APPLEBY 110/1 StanJames Appleby is a standout 110/1 with stan james, I got the impression he got to the front too early last time out when he was tied for the lead with 2 rounds to play, remember it was a 36 hole final day and he dropped tamely into a tie of 13, remember with fresh mind he shouldnt drop away that quick as he is a multiple winner, he recently beat Tiger so be crowned Australian Master last November. Accuracy is the premimum this week & he has found just over 72% of greens in regulation in combined total both events in Hawaii. Good Luck :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Open Gonna kick off with a R1 3 ball bet - Wi to bt Romero & Curtis. Latter 2 are making there 1st appearances of the season and games will be rusty so will take Wi who has form over North course & T33 at Sony Open to take em out. :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open Small bet to start. Rough is apparently brutal so gonna plump for an accurate player: Chris Riley at 150/1 e/w. Grew up in San Diego and has some good finishes here (lost play-off in 2003) albeit a while ago but he seems to have kept last years progress going with a T9 at Sony Open. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open Sport Golf Event 3rd round 3 ball: Mickleson v Fowler v Watson Selection Lay Watson (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 29/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.74 Reasoning Bubba up against some quality here. Fowler and Mickleson both looking good so far and expect them both to be looking to push on too. Fowler and Watson hit 71's on the South course on Thursday while Mickleson shot an excellent 67. I like how Mickleson looks this week, and he's most likely to win this 3 ball. But I'll take the safer option and just go against Bubba.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open Winner yesterday will try a couple today Sport Golf Event 4th round 3 ball: Kim v Watson v Vegas Selection Lay Vegas (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 30/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.68 Reasoning Vegas has done excellently this week, backing up his surprise win last week. But he's in tough company here and might start to feel it. Kim was quite erratic yesterday, but kept himself in contention and s the type to push for the win. Watson I was against yesterday, but he played pretty well. He struggled in the middle of the round but then had a great birdie eagle finish and has all the momentum coming into round 4. I see both Kim and Watson making charges today and a very small chance of Vegas winning this 3 ball. Sport Golf Event 4th round 3 ball: Mickleson v Haas v Mahan Selection Lay Haas (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 30/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.45 Reasoning Just like yesterday I like having Mickleson on my side. He's looking in great form and the most likely champion. Mahan too is looking good and has momentum having made eagle on the last to get into the final group. Haas is defending champion and maybe starting to feel the pressure. He made a mess of the last yesterday missing a 4 footer for par and costing himself the outright lead. That's tough to go to bed with and he might struggle today. I see the other guys being stronger and don't think he'll be winning this 3 ball.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open One for me in the final round and I'm following Hornet, albeit at a fraction of the odds. H.Mahan to win Farmers Insurance Open, 3pts EW @ 5/1 Boylesports (1/5 odds 1-2-3) Basically I'm taking Mahan to win with the insurance of money back if he comes 2nd or 3rd. To me, this looks a 2 horse race. Can't see Haas living with Mahan & Mickleson in the final group, whilst Kim has had to rely on his putter to keep him out of trouble; he can't afford to be wayward sitting 3 off the lead. Bubba has an outside chance, tee to green he's been excellent but always the danger that the extra power he puts in combined with the pressure may just take its toll down the final stretch. Mickelson looks good but price is a little tight. Mahan has been excellent off the tee and hitting fairways is key here. If he can keep up his superb consistency, I'll take him to be visiting the winners enclosure later tonight.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open Sport Golf Event Farmers Insurance outright Selection Lay Haas outright (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 30/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Extrabet @ 4.03 Reasoning Going against Haas again. Really don't fancy him today. Bad end yesterday, pressure of defending title, playing with Mickleson and a class field around him. Very tough for him today and it's easy to go against him in the outright market.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Farmers Insurance Open

Ignoring Tiger this week but because of the new tournament in Bahrain I'm having a few bets here especailly at bigger odds... Hunter Mahan @ 41 ew BetFred Class player who won twice last year and fits the bill as a fantastic ball striker. Has shaken off the rust at the Champions tournament. Finished top 30 here in last 3 years. Ryuji Imada @ 61 Bet365 Leading after 3 rounds here last year and has a number of great finishes here. Played well last week despite disappointing last round. DA Points @ 176 Bet365 Top 10 here last year and shook off the rust last week at the Bob Hope making the cut. Last year led here after two rounds coming off two missed cuts so clearly likes the course...fingers crossed with a better start to the year he'll make a mockery of the price. Chris Riley @ 151 ew Bet365 Accurate hitter great putter; grew up in Southern California and actually faced Tiger here in the U-17s Cali Champs which was apparently close!! Finished top 10 in Hawaii. BIll Lunde @ 126 ew Bet365 Californian who won last year; scored really well in last four rounds last week and has game to suit the courses. Shigeki Maruyama @ 201 PP Finished top 10 in Hawaii, has been out the spotlight for years but has a decent record with a previous runner up and another top 5 here in his appearances here. Very big price for a 3 time PGA tour winner. GL :ok
Mahan fades on the final day out of the places but DA Points does me proud with a nice ew payout :nana Bring on next week and :cheers to more winners

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Phoenix Open Seem to have quite a few picks for this week...so many tempters and had to leave out a few such as JB Holmes, Nick Watney and Ricky Fowler who all had great credentials. Have had a tiny saver on Anthony Kim @ 25s ew but I have taken him for the Masters and Money List already so think I'll leave him out of the official list below!! Brandt Snedeker @ 51 ew Bet365 Plays well here, was right in the mix here last year after three rounds before bombing out with a 78 - even par would have left him in 3rd, 2 under would have got him in a playoff. Played here the 3 years before and has two top 25s. Also finished Top 10 last week and well overdue a win. Ryan Palmer @ 46 ew Bet365 New driver and new putter and Ryan is playing great with them. Has already finished in the places this season and while I missed out on the early 55s, I still feel 45s offers decent value. Finished 2nd here in 2006 so can definitely play the course and knows how to get over the finishing line as shown early last year in Hawaii. Kevin Na @ 41 ew Bet365 Loves this course with 3 top 5 finishes here in his short career - finished top 5 at the Bob Hope a few weeks ago so clearly not playing too badly at the moment. Truly believes he will win here which could be the break he needs. Mark Wilson @ 81 ew ToteSport Two top 15s in three visits here so clearly likes it. Was 11under after two rounds last year when the winning score was 16 under. Already a winner this year so has decent form at the moment. Feel he is incredibly overpriced. Brian Gay First Round Leader @ 46 ew Bet365 Two tournaments, two top 15s - Gay is clearly getting back to his best. In the last 6 years has hit rounds of 72, 69, 65, 66, 68, 70 in his first round here which has left him in positions of 26, 27, 2, 3, 8, 68 after the first round. With a decent tee time he should go well again in the early stages. Camilo Villegas First Round Leader @ 51 ew PP Has shaken off all the rust and started well last week. Decent tee time and has history of starting well here as in the last three years he has a 62 (1st) and 66 (3rd) so at these odds I'll take Camilo to get off to a flyer. GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Phoenix Open

Seem to have quite a few picks for this week...so many tempters and had to leave out a few such as JB Holmes' date=' Nick Watney and Ricky Fowler who all had great credentials. Have had a tiny saver on Anthony Kim @ 25s ew but [b']I have taken him for the Masters and Money List already so think I'll leave him out of the official list below!!
Just out of interest... have I missed an 'outrights' thread with similar bets this season? I know I read one last year? I remember it had an O'hair top money list w/o woods and mickelson tip and an A.Noren to make the ryder cup team tip... both losers unfortunately but bets i remember following...

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Phoenix Open Yeah, I didnt see one so didnt actually post it up...but I only took Kim for the Masters the other day when I was watching him challenging at Torrey Pines. He will win the Masters, it's just a matter of when and clearly the thumb injury isnt hampering him like it was last season. Regarding the money list I took him at the beginning of the season @ 80s which was speculative on his top 25 in HK at the end of last year; however, he's clearly playing well again with 3 top 20s from his 3 tournaments this season and has earned almost $400k so is still a decent price @ 50s. Last season in the eight tournaments he played before he got injured he won $2,528,522 - that's an average of $315k/tournament. Considering last season the winner won under $5m in 26 events, he was clearly on the right track to win it in only 16 events. If he gets anywhere near that form again he can win on any track (including majors) and could make his price (80s or 50s) look a little bit foolish! GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Phoenix Open kevin Na top 10 @ 4/1 Has a good record in this event 3 top 10 finishes from 5 starts poor show last year but a 2,3 and 4th finish here in previous events shows he like this course. Failed to make the cut last week but a good 5th the week before, 4/1 nice value given his form round here. Jhonatton Vegas top 10 @ 9/2 Have to admit never heard of this guy 2 weeks ago and I'm sure others didn't either but this guy has been so impressive the last 2 weeks, last week he showed that his win was no fluke and he look set for a great season. His putting long putting has been so good and his iron play is just as good, hits the ball a mile and I'm liking the 9/2 on offer for a top 10 finish.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Phoenix Open Tommy Gainey 28/1 Bet365 1pt E/W Watched him yesterday doesn't show any fear at all, he's peppering the flag from the fairways & is holing every putt, positive sign is hes fist pump, e's tied for the lead -11 he still has 9 to play on his 2nd round so could extend that lead & price will shorten, 2 time nationwide tour winner last year he knows how to deal with being in contention.

Tommy Gainey 28/1 Bet365 1pt E/W Watched him yesterday doesn't show any fear at all, he's peppering the flag from the fairways & is holing every putt, positive sign is hes fist pump, e's tied for the lead -11 he still has 9 to play on his 2nd round so could extend that lead & price will shorten, 2 time nationwide tour winner last year he knows how to deal with being in contention.
Brandt Snedeker @ 51 ew Bet365 Plays well here, was right in the mix here last year after three rounds before bombing out with a 78 - even par would have left him in 3rd, 2 under would have got him in a playoff. Played here the 3 years before and has two top 25s. Also finished Top 10 last week and well overdue a win. Mark Wilson @ 81 ew ToteSport Two top 15s in three visits here so clearly likes it. Was 11under after two rounds last year when the winning score was 16 under. Already a winner this year so has decent form at the moment. Feel he is incredibly overpriced.
As it stands in the final round, the top 3 are: Gainey Wilson Snedeker Whatever happends, this is top bombing. Good luck guys:hope:clap:clap

Mark Wilson @ 81 ew ToteSport Two top 15s in three visits here so clearly likes it. Was 11under after two rounds last year when the winning score was 16 under. Already a winner this year so has decent form at the moment. Feel he is incredibly overpriced.
:notworthy:notworthy:clap:clap Great stuff Hornet :ok Gainey treble bogey at hole 17 :@:wall Haha next stop is Pebble Beach!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - AT&T National Not really much I like this week, DJ is way too short even for a double winner. I feel the implosion at the US Open could haunt him and he didnt look too hot last week when near the top...and lets be honest, even when he's won this tournament it's been a real struggle. I'll give him a miss at 7/1. Vijay Singh @ 36 ew PP I've been waiting for ages for Vijay to play well as he's been saying he's on his way back for ages (so much so I remember backing him on this course at the US Open!). He finally showed he's back over the last few weeks with a 20th 2 weeks ago and a 3rd in Arizona last week - he even putted well last week! He knew he wasnt at the races for Mondays playoff so didnt hang around to watch it and shouldnt have too much of a hangover. Loves this course as much as anyone with 8 top 11s in his last 12 visits here - this includes a win and 3 RU finishes. If his name wasnt Vijay Singh he'd be 50/1 but the guy knows how to win and at 5 times the price of Phil and DJ I'll take him. David Duval @ 81 ew Bet365 Frustrated to have missed the early 3 figure prices on him but still feel this has an ounce of value left in it. He's changed clubs for this season and seemingly feels much more at ease with everything. Has finished consecutive top 25s for only the third time in 8 years so clearly something is clicking. Another one who has previous with the course having finished runner up here 3 times, including last year. Has fully exempt status so can feel more relaxed and seems to be at ease with himself and his life. Would be fantastic to see him win...and no doubt to get a second 80/1 winner on the trot!! John Mallinger @ 151 ew ToteSport Mallinger deserves to be this price on his recent play. He was pretty wretched last year, missing 12 of his first 13 cuts...the cut that he made? Here at Pebble Beach. The local boy has played here four times, and finished in the top 3 the first two times. A little fact the bookies may or may not have picked up on is the fact he won the Invitational tournament here back in November so reaffirmed his love for the course. Missed the cut at his first tournament of the year last week - with a far from disastrous 69-72 - but all it means is that he didnt hang around until monday and he should have shaken off the winter rust. A speculative punt but I'll take it at this price. GL :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - AT&T National JB HOLMES 33/1 E/W Betfred JB Holmes finished well last week to get into the each-way places. Last year he performed dismal in the Phoenix Open but just lost out in this tournament, but this year he is coming into the event in better form & these 3 short courses that they play with generous fairways are made for someone like J B Holmes. VIJAY SINGH 35/1 E/W Betfred Going with Hornet here but I fancied Vijay for this since he finished on sunday. Can he continue last weeks form? If Vijay putts as well he's got a shot here, I think he's long game level didnt drop much last year or so its just putting holding it back, but he's putting was near to its brillant best at the weekend. First time in nearly 2 years he broke all 4 rounds in the 70s & knows this course & plays it so well, a former winner & 3 times runner up.