** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks

AGurv

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks

Weren't you going to take them on a cap or something in this match Alex, but pulled out? Seahwaks been better than I expected here and the Saints been under par, good football game I'm just happy enough for Brees' yards to have come in for me
yeah I considered them but just couldnt pull the trigger..if Greenbay beats the Eagles (for my moneys sakes I hope they do). That means the Seahawks would play the Bears next round. Seattle beat the Bears @ Chicago earlier this year...

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Brees overs WON +3.4 units Jets +3 won +4 units Sanchez overs LOST -4 units 30 yards short, was a poor bet really Addai unders LOST - 3 units the cnut gained 4 more yards than I needed, really pissed off here :@ Slight profit on the day for me. Well done to those in the winners, in particular Taza's unders on Manning and a brave Seahawks bet by Blackcrow. For the packers game :- Vick over 53.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Bl Sq (4/10) McCoy over 55.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes (5/10) Jasckon over 35.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes (4/10) Can’t really call this game and I’m in two minds who will win it, so I’ll leave that part of the market alone, however I will attack the rushing market because I think there are a few generous lines. Personally I am of the opinion that too much is being made of Vick and Rodger’s throwing. This is play off football, you have to be able to run the ball quite a bit. Vick has rushed 489 yards in his last 8 starts at an average of 61, and that includes what was only 16 against Dallas, which I’d say was a bit of an exception. His fitness is a slight concern, especially if he gets hit a lot, but he’s generally a tough cookie. I’ve looked at this packers defence which isn’t so strong against the run, and averages 114 yards against it. I think the Eagles will target the ground more than the air in this match and Vick over 53.5 and McCoy over 55.5 both appeal to me here, overall I’d say they are set a bit too low, especially the letter. And with GB, I just cant see Rodgers throwing it all the time, they will have to run the ball a bit and I think Jackson can go more than 35. Actually he’s covered the line 8 times this season already and this is the play offs, they will have to use this outlet. Philly themselves aren’t that brilliant against the run, so there will be every chance for him to get them under his belt.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Seattle +7.5 @ 2.33 :D Big upset here for Seattle win straight up NY Jets -2.5 @ 2.37 :@ Crazy last couple of minutes. Should have taken the ml in hindsight, but that's gambling for you. Baltimore -3.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Under 40.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Kansas have not been in a playoff since 2006, so for many, the pressure that goes with this game is something new. At home they went 7-1 so they are tough to beat there, but the quality of opposition raises question marks whether they can compete with Baltimore. They did not play one team at home who made the playoffs, while playing Indy (lost 19-9) and Seattle (won 42-24) both on the road. While their offence did what they had to do at home, scoring 21 points in 5 of their 8 home games, their defence has done well at home, restricting opponents to 14 points or less in 6 of these 8 home games. Kansas average 186 yards per game (ranked 30th) as Cassel has played well but does not pass as much given that they like to focus on the run, where they average 164 rushing yards per game (ranked 1st). WR Bowe has been ill this week, and though he will probably play, they will still look to run with Charles and Jones getting plenty of carries. However if the 5th ranked Baltimore rush defence that allows 94 yards per game get their way, then Cassel will be under pressure trying to get their drives moving in 3rd and long situations. Baltimore allows 225 passing yards per game (ranked 20th) but with safety Reed there (reports are that he is likely to play), they have a player who thrives in the postseason in picking off the opposing QB. Also they have allowed 13 points or less in 6 of their last 9 games. Baltimore's QB Flacco heads an offence that has scored 20+ points in their last 5 road games, as he averages 208 passing yards per game (ranked 20th) while Rice leads a rush offence that averages 114 yards per game (ranked 14th). Though Kansas is also ranked 14th with 110 rushing yards per game, they have allowed 160+ rushing yards in 3 of their last 5 games, and allowed 209 rushing yards to Oakland last weekend. Their young secondary allows an average of 220 passing yards per game (ranked 16th) so Flacco will have the opportunity to take them on. Concern with how Kansas' nerves are at the start of the game, as Baltimore will be used to this, and with Lewis, they tend to thrive in these conditions. If Baltimore stop the run, then Cassel will be forced to lead his team, but even then, with Bowe likely to be below strength, they could struggle here too. Rice looks like the game breaker here, as he has the size and speed to break through the Kansas defensive line, and like him to be the big difference here to set up a game next week with their rivals Pittsburgh. Green Bay @ 2.20 pinnacle Over 47.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Green Bay beat Philly 27-20 in Round 1 on the road, as they blew out to a 20-3 lead, before Vick, coming on for Kolb, nearly engineered a come-from-behind win. Green Bay will look to QB Rodgers to continue his very good form this season as they have averaged 258 passing yards per game (ranked 5th) as he has done well with linking up with Driver and Jennings. Their running game has suffered since Grant got injured, as they average 100 yards per game (ranked 24th) but Rodgers has shown that he can use his feet in the last few games, so he may be able to continue to help out here. Philly allows 217 passing yards per game (ranked 14th) and 110 rushing yards per game (ranked 15th) but they have allowed 24+ points in 8 of their last 10 games so they do give up points, and with Green Bay scoring 27 points in 5 of their last 8 games, they are capable of doing well here on the back of Rodgers passing and running. Philly will have Vick passing and running the ball as they average 244 passing yards per game (ranked 9th) and 145 rushing yards per game (ranked 5th), so he can move the ball for Philly. However think here that GB will be able to prepare for him in this game, while in the game earlier in the season, he came on for Kolb. GB's secondary is very good as they allow and average of just 194 passing yards per game (ranked 5th). They can be run on, as they allow 115 rushing yards per game (ranked 18th), but expect them to try to get to Vick early, as he has been erratic in his last few games, giving up interceptions and fumbles. Like the Packers to beat Philly as they have the defence to stop Vick, while not too sure that they can stop Rodgers from moving the chains, as the Eagles do have some injuries in defence.

good call guys :clap glad i didnt bet it :) All division matchups in the AFC next week
Ah well its all about opinons Alex, respect your view, and you did well to swerve and not lose anything! Fairly good game from the Ravens, although the Chiefs did self destruct a bit in the 2H. Thought Flacco had a great 1st half, producing some good 'bottle'. From a personal point of view, hit 3/4 bets, I'm really not sure how Charles remained under 90.5 when he was up to 87 at HT :loon :D Rice fell 20 short to give me a clean sweep. Well done to those on the points unders too, good shout :ok Steelers v Ravens next week for the 3rd time this season, it should be tasty! :tongue2

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Well played guys. I'm pleased with the win in that one I have to say. A quick late one for me. Aaron Rodgers to have the most passing yards @ 1.72 (Ladbrokes) Green Bay are a good passing defense side and I reckon the Eagles may try to concentrate on running. Vick will of course occasionally rush the ball too but Rodgers is a phenomenal passer of the ball and I reckon he will accrue more yardage than Vick. I expect GB to win, but it is so tight I couldn't pick a handicap for this one. But Rodgers for most passing yards.

Well played guys. I'm pleased with the win in that one I have to say. A quick late one for me. Aaron Rodgers to have the most passing yards @ 1.72 (Ladbrokes) Green Bay are a good passing defense side and I reckon the Eagles may try to concentrate on running. Vick will of course occasionally rush the ball too but Rodgers is a phenomenal passer of the ball and I reckon he will accrue more yardage than Vick. I expect GB to win, but it is so tight I couldn't pick a handicap for this one. But Rodgers for most passing yards.
This is a classic example of rushed, spontaneous betting. I think with Green Bay taking an early lead there was more pressure on Vick to throw, so this was way off. Should have taken Green Bay in the end.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Greenbay winning is great on a lot of levels. The first is there a chance that Seattle could host the NFC Championship game if they win and Greenbay wins (all possible) The second is...the level of bitching that will come out of Philadelphia starting tonight and going into tomorrow will be fantastic. I already see people on twitter saying Reid should be fired LOL. Can't wait to see what Eagles fans will be saying on the radio oh yeah the third..I won money :)

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Rick: suprised that GB found a run game with Starks doing better than expected otherwise you would have seen Rodgers throw the ball more. One reason why the over did not come in. With Philly playing catch up, then they needed to throw the ball more. Well done to all the other picks that came in too :cheers Baltimore -3.5 @ 2.08 :D Under 40.5 @ 1.95 :D Green Bay @ 2.20 :D Keeps the NFC winner and Superbowl pick alive Over 47.5 @ 2.05 :@ Record: 4-2 (2.56)

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Early lines for next week: Pittsburg -3.5 v Baltimore and total at 36.5 Atlalnta -1 v Green Bay and total at 45.5 Chicago -9.5 v Seattle and total at 40 New England -9 v New York Jets and total 45.5 Early leans on Pittsburg, GB, Seattle and NY Jets

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Ended up +9 on the ravens game but lost it all on the Eagles match which was annoying. Really didn't see Starks running it so much for GB, that was a total shocker and unexpected. I'm convinced McCoys overs would've come in, but the Eagles were chasing forcing Vick into the air. Ah well, onwards and upwards, in hindsight I maybe should've taken the packers, well done to those who were on them. Looks like the winner of next weeks Falcons - Packers game will make the superbowl, I cant see either of the other 2 doing it.