** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks

AGurv

NFL 2010-2011 Overall 39W-26L-1P +8.50 units (60.00%) Last Week 3-0 Colts -2.5 (-120) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I'm gonna be a pretty big square when I take the colts and I'm sure a lot of people are all over this. I don't think the line will move from 3, but just in case, getting it early. It will help the Jets the fact this is in a dome (maybe they open it up for playoffs, but i doubt it). So Sanchez won't have to face the cold. I've watched a good amount of Jets games this year and I really don't think they have it. They have a ton of play makers but its either the calls aren't there or there just shooting themselves in the foot. A lot of people think the Colts are done, but Manning is starting to play much better. Addai being healthy should help them out a bit. Colts win a close one.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks I almost talked myself in the Hawks but backed away... Greenbay +125 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes I think its to the Packers advantage that they've been in playoff mode the last couple of weeks. Ive seen it dozens of times where teams playing hard to get into the playoffs playing the team that rested there starters end up winning because theyve been in that mindset for weeks. The Eagles looked invincible just a month ago, but I think were gonna see Vick start taking a slide. He looked great against the Packers earlier in the season. But I think that was more for the fact that the Packers probably didn't prepare for him at all. Thats it for me this week GL

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks I'm staying away from the Colts. Jets are in a revenge type situation after last season's play-offs. Colts are not a better team than back then, the Jets are. I obviously want the Colts to win but I'm too cautious with the Jets in this spot.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Baltimore Ravens at Kansas City Chiefs - BAL Ravens (-2.5) @ 1.91 (Skybet) I'm taking this one early just under a fields goal difference before the line changes. The Chiefs have had a fantastic season and it's a real achievement for them to make it this far but I think their playoff journey will end early up against a tough Baltimore Ravens side. Baltimore have been good on the road only losing to the Hawks, who's home ground is a fortress, the Patriots (in OT) and the Bengals (which is the only bad road loss) and whereas the Chiefs have been good at home, they've come across very weak teams for a lot of them. They also got thrashed most recently against the Raiders. They also rely on their rushing offense a lot, averaging 164.2 yards per game, which the Ravens should be able to deal with being 5th in rush defense. The Ravens playoff experience should show here and I think they will overawe the Chiefs and I'm sure they'll want to take it one step further and compete for the Superbowl.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Still 2.5 at good odds at Pinnacle. ;) Some tough games...no real stand outs at all to me... No way in the world I'm getting involved in the Indi game!! :lol I've said all year how crap the Jets are, but Indi are showing they could well be worse. :\ Just done nothing in the last 10 weeks or so. One thing that may have snuck under all of our guards is that Green Bay are 28th for y/rush (4.7) :unsure History favours a Seattle/NO under, but not sure I can trust the Seattle D...in fact, just about all the evidence from this season points to a high scorer. KC/Balt under probably looks the best shout...you make a very good point about KC's opp all season Rick...5 out of 8 at home have been v. teams 20th or worse in scores allowed (all over 23 ppg)... ...Titans are 15th best, but 26th in overall D...they ran for 200+ v. SF early, and scored just 14 offensive points v. SD. Same on the road...5 of 8 v. teams 20th or worse...SL are 22nd v. the rush and got gashed...scored 9 offensive points @ Cleveland and exactly 0 @ SD. Balt are 3rd for scores allowed, 7th in y/rush, 10th in overall D...should be an 'unusually' long day for the Chiefs... :ok Ravens have only topped 21 on the road once against Houston's terrible D (still only really scored 28)...KC 11th for points allowed and 5th for y/pass...17th in y/rush so Balt will fancy their chances on the ground, but they are just 25th for y/rush themselves, and only 3 teams have less 20+ runs. Slow, grinding, 17-7 kinda Balt win? ;)

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks -2.5 @ 1.758 on Pinnacle. Not bad, but I'm glad I got in when I did. I still expect the Chiefs to be up for it, and Cassel has had a great season but I think it'll be too much for them. :) I agree with Jets-Colts, both are so inconsistent I wouldn't have confidence in either. I did notice that about the Packers, but Aaron Rodgers is so good I think he could throw them past the Eagles especially when you consider their pass defense isn't anything spectacular and they've gone off the boil of late. New Orleans I'm sure will win but couldn't back them to win by 11 on the road in a playoff game. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to get 40 odd points and ruin the Under bet. Some very tricky match-ups indeed. :unsure

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Adding in some picks for the AFC / NFC Championship Winners and the SB Champ. :ok NFC Championship Winner: Green Bay @ 7.00 centrebet Like the Packers to win the NFC as they have a very good defence with the 5th ranked pass defence and though their rush defence is suspect, they do come up with quite a few sacks, and interceptions, which makes them quite solid back there. Of their last 7 games, only New England with 31 points and Atlanta with 20 points scored more than 17 points in these 9 games, as they allowed an average of 12 points in the run home. On offence, they have one of the better QBs in Rodgers while the two WRs Jennings and Driver bring much experience and nous, and they have linked up well with Rodgers. Their running game too has faulted, but with Rodgers using his feet more, than he brings another dimension to their offence and keeps the opposing defences guessing. They scored an average of 25 points in their last 9 games. First up for them is Philly who they beat in round 1 on the road 27-20 as Rodgers had a below par game with 188 yards for 2 TDs and 2 INTs but they did manage to get 132 yards on the ground (45 of these yards are from Grant who is unavailable for this game, but Philly did allow more than they did, on average, through the season) while Vick came on to the field to replace Kolb and he lead a Philly fight back with 175 passing yards (1 TD) and 103 rushing yards and 1 TD (out of a total of 150 rushing yards). Believe that GB will be better prepared for Vick this time who has been giving up fumbles and interceptions in his last couple of games, while Rodgers sgould do better. Next up, if they win this game, they are up once again facing Atlanta on the road, who they nearly beat in Round 12, losing 20-17 on a last minute FG but they fumbled a TD while trying to run it in from a yard which . Rodgers was able to throw for 344 yards and 1 TD, while he ran for 51 of the 77 total rushing yards. They allowed Ryan to throw for just 197 yards and 1 TD, while Turner ran for 110 (and 1 TD) of the 117 yards. So they did manage to gain more yardage and like them, if given the opportunity, to not make the same mistakes here again. In the NFC Championship, they will probably play Chicago, where they just beat them 10-3 at home, but lost 20-17 in Chicago where they had too many penalties that cost them the game. Great rivalry game here and though Chicago has the defence to stop the run, they can be passed on, which is where Rodgers can take advantage of this, like he did in the first game in Chicago, as he had 316 passing yards (1 TD and 1 INT) while in the second game, he had 229 yards (1 TD and 1 INT). Still have concerns that Cutler is good enough to lead his team to wins in the playoffs, as the Packers have done well against him in these two games, as he had 221 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT in game 1, and 168 yards with 2 interceptions in game 2. With their games in the playoffs all on the road, though they are 3-5, their 3 wins has seen them win by 7+ points, while their 5 losses where all by 4 points or less, and they do play team tough, so believe that they will keep things close, and with some luck, will go on to the Super Bowl. AFC Championship Winner: Pittsburgh @ 4.00 centrebet Pittsburgh are waiting on the winner of the first round of playoffs to see who they play in the AFC Championship. Their defence is very good as they are ranked 12th defending the pass while they are ranked 1st against the run, so doubt that teams will do much on them, especially with Polamalu waiting to snap up a runner or an errant pass. On offence, they have Big Ben who has led them to a SB win before so they has plenty of experience while WR Wallace and RB Mendenhall are coming into their own in the last few weeks of the season. If they play Baltimore, they lost 17-14 at home to them and then beat them 13-10 away, so not much between the two sides. However Roethlisberger did not play in the first game, but he did in the second game, as he passed for 253 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT, while their defence allowed 266 passing yards to Flacco but just 43 rushing yards. If Kansas gets by Baltimore, you have the best rushing side (Kansas) against the best rush defence, and if Pittsburgh shuts down the run, doubt that Kansas can do much via the pass, especially on the road. If they play Indy (since if the Jets beat Indy, then New England will play them, as the number 1 seed plays the lowest ranked wild card winner), like the Steelers to really focus on getting to Manning since the Colts rushing game has struggled to gain some yards this year, When this happens, Manning tends to rush his passes and then leads to INTs, especially with Polamula waiting there. In the AFC Championship, they will probably face New England, who beat them 39-26 in Round 10. Brady had 350 yards and 3 TDs while they ran for 103 yards while Roethlisberger also did well with 387 yards (3 TDs and 1 INT) while they ran for 76 yards, so similar yardage, but the Patriots once again outplayed them. Still believe that Pittsburgh can play better than they did in that game, as Hines Ward was knocked out, for most of the game, and he is one of their main threats on offence. Not much separates the two QBs but Pittsburgh has the better defence and like this to be the difference if they match up next time. Superbowl: Green Bay @ 14.00 centrebet Like Green Bay and Pittsburgh to advance to the Superbowl (see previous write ups). Both have very good QB, while their respective run games are decent (Pittsburgh has the better rush offence) while the two defences are very good. Where there may be a weakness is in Pittsburgh's pass defence as New England caught them out with quick, short passes and they were able to advance the chains, and this is what GB do well also with Jennings and Driver. Apart from that, better value on the Packers to win this Note; I'm a Packers fan, but have not been as confident with them as i am this year. Like the way they are coming together heading into the playoffs, and tried to reason this with as much realism and unbias as possible.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Manning under 295.5 passing (1.83 @ Lad) He's only thrown for more than this number in 7 games on the season as it is...every siongle one of them against awful defenses. Tenn, Dallas, NE, Wash, Jax, Denv, Houston...29th, 26th, 30th, 31st, 28th, 25th, 32nd v. the pass respectively. Jets have fought back well v. the pass last half of the season...gave up 326 @ NE in the hurricane (most of that was on the ground tho)...248 v. Brady, 254 v. Schaub, 209 @ Orton...264 @ BR in a Pitts loss... Indi have really made an effort to run the ball last few weeks, and 300 looks a lot here. Baltimore @ KC under 40.5 (1.92 @ SportsAlive) Reasons above. Good luck guys. :ok (And yeah, sorry Rick...think I confused the Balt line with Indi :\ Swear I saw a 2.5! :lol )

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks

Manning under 295.5 passing (1.83 @ Lad) He's only thrown for more than this number in 7 games on the season as it is...every siongle one of them against awful defenses. Tenn, Dallas, NE, Wash, Jax, Denv, Houston...29th, 26th, 30th, 31st, 28th, 25th, 32nd v. the pass respectively. Jets have fought back well v. the pass last half of the season...gave up 326 @ NE in the hurricane (most of that was on the ground tho)...248 v. Brady, 254 v. Schaub, 209 @ Orton...264 @ BR in a Pitts loss... Indi have really made an effort to run the ball last few weeks, and 300 looks a lot here. (And yeah, sorry Rick...think I confused the Balt line with Indi :\ Swear I saw a 2.5! :lol )
No worries buddy. Great call on Peyton. I'm on that like a rash. WillHill and Bwin are offering same thing at 268 yards.

Manning under 295.5 passing (1.83 @ Lad) He's only thrown for more than this number in 7 games on the season as it is...every siongle one of them against awful defenses. Tenn, Dallas, NE, Wash, Jax, Denv, Houston...29th, 26th, 30th, 31st, 28th, 25th, 32nd v. the pass respectively. Jets have fought back well v. the pass last half of the season...gave up 326 @ NE in the hurricane (most of that was on the ground tho)...248 v. Brady, 254 v. Schaub, 209 @ Orton...264 @ BR in a Pitts loss... Indi have really made an effort to run the ball last few weeks, and 300 looks a lot here.
looks a good line to me there Taza and a good spot, I'll follow you with that. Focusing mostly on the Ravens game myself for now, as I know them more in depth :- Drew Brees passing yards over 275.5 @ 1.85 bwin 4/10 I just think this 275.5 is too low for Brees against the Seahawks. Already this season he’s gone over this line 9 times and here he faces up to a Seahawks defence which has struggled against the pass all year. In the earlier meeting between the two sides, Brees threw 382 yards. Ok, this is a different scenario and away, but I certainly believe he’s capable of repeating that. The saints have lost both Ivory and Thomas for this game so will rely on Reggie Bush rushing. I just cant see them using the rushing game as much compared to normal (not that they use it that much anyway) hence increasing the chances for Brees’ yards. I actually think the -10.5 handicap on NO is maybe a bit too big and I wont be touching that, but I expect a decent game from the QB, who I think should be able to pass at least 276 here. Ravens -3 @ 1.91 SJ 6/10 Ray Rice rushing yards over 75.5 @ 1.85 bwin 4/10 Willis McGahee rushing yards over 20.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 3/10 Jamaal Charles rushing yards under 90.5 @ 1.85 bwin 5/10 I think the extra experience of the ravens and their extra strong physical presence will be enough for them to secure a comfortable victory here. KC are one of those teams who’s statistics are better than what they actually are. Their schedule has been weak, and most of the times when they faced decent opposition its been a struggle (example the chargers match). I think the Ravens have the edge in pretty much all areas, they should cut off the KC running game which is ranked #1. The simple fact is this defensive line doesn’t allow quality rushing teams that many yards, so the likes of Charles and Jones I really don’t see being as effective compared to normal. Actually I have a feeling that Cassel might have a half decent game, the Ravens have at times been a little suspect against the pass this season, its possible he could throw a few long ones. Personally I don’t see the Chiefs getting many points though and as long as the Ravens score 14+ I think they have a good chance of covering this handicap. Regarding Rice, he’s consistent week in week out and is usually a banker for at least 50 or 60 yards, and that’s on a bad day. He’s covered the 75.5 line 9 times this season, and looked very sharp in the last few weeks where the Ravens have looked to use the rushing game in extra abundance. I think Flacco will throw it a bit more here, but this is play off football and the Raven’s best game is on the ground. Rice and McGahee will see plenty of the ball and the 20.5 line on the latter is another that is too irresistible for me to ignore, he’s covered it in half the matches so far. I think this line of Jamaal Charles is too high as well and I’m more than happy to take his unders. The Ravens just don’t concede many against the rush, it’s as simple as that. Charles has gone well this season, but mostly against weak defences, he hasn’t really faced too much strength. The best recent example was against SD a few weeks ago when he could only rush for 40, I think it’ll be similar here and he’ll be restricted. The other thing is that Jones will be used quite a bit as well, so might well take yards off him. To be honest, I’m not even sure KC in total will rush many more than 100 yards, so I’m well happy to take under 90.5 on Charles, the line just seems far too high.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks I'm not betting it, because theres too much potential for Kansas City to just come out and fail. If Kansas City plays the football they've been playing most of the season they easily win this game IMO.If Cassell didn't have surgery 3 weeks ago I'd be all over KC with this line.

If Kansas City plays the football they've been playing most of the season they easily win this game IMO.If Cassell didn't have surgery 3 weeks ago I'd be all over KC with this line.
:eek :eek :eek They've played 4 games all year against [3] teams with winning records**... ...and Jax were missing Gerrard (and have a god-awful defense). 9-19 @ Indi. 0-31 @ SD....and the win way back in week 1. I know they can't help who they play, but big call! ;) (** And only 1 single team with a winning record who made the play-offs! :lol)

:eek :eek :eek They've played 4 games all year against [3] teams with winning records**... ...and Jax were missing Gerrard (and have a god-awful defense). 9-19 @ Indi. 0-31 @ SD....and the win way back in week 1. I know they can't help who they play, but big call! ;) (** And only 1 single team with a winning record who made the play-offs! :lol)
The Ravens couldn't be more overrated, and I know the stats wont agree with me so I won't even get into it. One thing the stats will agree with me on is Kansas City is one of the toughest places to play

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks San Diego, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Arizona, Denver, Tennessee and Oakland (which they lost). Not exactly the elite teams they played at home are they. I'll give it to you, Baltimore have lost 3 on the road, but one in OT to the Patriots, one to Atlanta 26-21, and one I can't excuse but was in Week 2, against the Bengals. They've also beaten Pittsburgh, New York who are both better than KC, and comfortably beaten Cleveland and Carolina. I'm not saying Kansas City will get beat badly, I just feel the Ravens have more in them.

The Ravens couldn't be more overrated' date=' and I know the stats wont agree with me so I won't even get into it. One thing the stats will agree with me on is Kansas City is one of the toughest places to play[/quote'] Leaning on Baltimore at the moment, but they have a great home record nonetheless, and the locals will be pumped for this playoff game. They do not get many of them, so they will be looking to make the most of it. But at the same time, experience in playoffs does count too. Waiting to see what happens to Bowe, (likely to play) as they need him, otherwise the offence becomes one dimensional with the run game.

The Ravens couldn't be more overrated' date=' and I know the stats wont agree with me so I won't even get into it. One thing the stats will agree with me on is Kansas City is one of the toughest places to play[/quote'] The thing I dont get here Agurv is in what term exactly are you classing the Ravens as 'overrated'? In this particular match or what? Because overall are they really rated that highly anyway compared to some teams? currently 8th favourites for the superbowl, I don't really think that suggests too many people give them a chance so I just dont see how they can be classed as 'overrated'. To go 12-4 with the schedule the Ravens have had I think has been quite an achievement, considering the fact that our division played against both the AFC East and NFC South. Of course there are highs and lows along the way and there have been a few weeks where they have scraped through, but every team who has a winning record usually has that, perhaps its a sign of finding a way to win thats impressive sometimes. I am genuinely interested to know why you think they are overrated. (and I ask this with the greatest due respect, this is not a rant or anything haha)

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Indy -2.5 I know this hasn't been quite the Colts year but Peyton at home against a team he's had pretty good success with is enough for me. The Jets can run but the Colts D isn't afraid of Sanchez, so they will key on that. I do like what the Jets bring to the table with their brash attitude but Sanchez completes only 54% of his passes and that doesn't bode well in keeping Peyton off the field. I just see Indy having many more outs to win this game than the Jets. If Indy gets up by 10, it's over. If the Jets are up by 17 it still isn't over. Lets not forget Peyton absolutely dissected this defense in the AFCCG for 66% comp%, 377yds, 3TD & 0INTs.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks GB -2.5 @2.50 GB/Philly Over 46 Two explosive offenses here. The Eagles will be well rested after resting many players last week. The Packers meanwhile have been in sync eventhough they put up only 10 pts vs the Bears. However the Eagle defense doesn't matchup the same. They don't have a dominant rush and really are banged up in the secondary. The Packers can go 5 wide at any time and play their matchups. The Eagles offense sputtered vs the Vikes with the Vikes using effective corner blitzes. We knoiw Woodson is one of the best at that. However with 2 weeks to prepare I expect Andy Reid to come up with an effective gameplan, he's one of the best coaches coming off the bye. It should be close but I think the Pack can take advantage of the Eagles defense and their is value in that.

The thing I dont get here Agurv is in what term exactly are you classing the Ravens as 'overrated'? In this particular match or what? Because overall are they really rated that highly anyway compared to some teams? currently 8th favourites for the superbowl, I don't really think that suggests too many people give them a chance so I just dont see how they can be classed as 'overrated'. To go 12-4 with the schedule the Ravens have had I think has been quite an achievement, considering the fact that our division played against both the AFC East and NFC South. Of course there are highs and lows along the way and there have been a few weeks where they have scraped through, but every team who has a winning record usually has that, perhaps its a sign of finding a way to win thats impressive sometimes. I am genuinely interested to know why you think they are overrated. (and I ask this with the greatest due respect, this is not a rant or anything haha)
I will assume your in England, so I dont know what kind of NFL talk shows you guys have (if any). A lot of people are saying the Ravens are going to the Superbowl. I havent heard any expert saying they could lose to KC. The Ravens/Steelers game will always be a toss up. The Ravens seem to always play the Pats well as well. So a lot of people are saying there road to the Superbowl are some pretty good matchups. A 12-4 record in the NFL is great I agree. But they have 4 victories in the bag (they only got 3) with the Bengals and Brown. I'm not really even knocking there season really. Three things really stick out to me when it comes to this Ravens team. The first is Flacco's inability to lead this team to a come from behind win. The first time I've seen him do this is against the Falcons. A game they lost anyway. Thats my second point. This defense isn't what it used to be. As it turns out tonight Ed Reed is having some family problems tonight with his brother possibly being dead, or wanted by the police. Something like that. Without Ed Reed that secondary is one of the worst in the league IMO. Against the Falcons Matt Ryan drove them down the field in 45 seconds, 55 yards, for a winning FG. No question the D-line is great. But this Kansas City O-line is very good as well. The third thing is Ray Rice. I would bet anything the Ravens are drafting a new RB within the next 3 years to replace him. He made the pro bowl this year but you can see such a huge decline from last year. He has 60 more rushes then last year, and has 100 less yards (huge difference, thats 2.5 games of rushes) . He seems to be just running into the line, especially in the big games he just isnt all there The stats aren't gonna back me up. But since this team is in the same division as the Steelers I watched probably at least parts of every game they've played this year. So I feel like I have a pretty good feel for them. Theres a reason I'm not betting this game. Gun to my head, Kansas City wins. Hope that makes sense, I know a lot will disagree

San Diego, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Arizona, Denver, Tennessee and Oakland (which they lost). Not exactly the elite teams they played at home are they. I'll give it to you, Baltimore have lost 3 on the road, but one in OT to the Patriots, one to Atlanta 26-21, and one I can't excuse but was in Week 2, against the Bengals. They've also beaten Pittsburgh, New York who are both better than KC, and comfortably beaten Cleveland and Carolina. I'm not saying Kansas City will get beat badly, I just feel the Ravens have more in them.
Steelers = No Ben Roethlisburger, Charlie Batch started. Jets = That was one of the worst games I've ever watched. Jets had nothing on offense. There defense wasn't the reason, Sanchez just couldnt complete a pass and Greene ran into the line everytime.

Tell you what, if KC do win, a lot of us on here are gonna look bad, and AGurv is gonna look very very good. :unsure No pressure or anything. ;)
Not at all. Don't want you guys to lose money and I dont have a penny on it. Since im a Steeler fan id like to see the Ravens fail miserably...about it...

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks I think the Chiefs actually have a pretty good chance of winning this. That said, my bet will be Ravens 1-6. Not because I think they'll win, but because they seem to have such trouble scoring. Almost lost to the Texans, kept Tampa in a game they should have been out of, just held out the Saints and Bengals and didn't beat a largely Hillis-free Browns by a great deal. I don't feel the Ravens are capable of beating teams big and a team like Kansas who will have more TOP due to their number of runs certainly aren't a team I see the Ravens beating big.

Not at all. Don't want you guys to lose money and I dont have a penny on it. Since im a Steeler fan id like to see the Ravens fail miserably...about it...
As a Steelers fan, and having quite a strong position on them for the Superbowl, I'd love to see the Ravens win (providing that Colts win). Out of the possible opponents Pats have next week, Ravens are by the far the best chance of knocking off New England. That said, if the Jets win, Chiefs are an ideal match up for the Steelers. In fact, I'm not even sure how the Chiefs would beat the Steelers.

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Yeh ok some interesting points Agurv. Well I'm english yeh but a Ravens fans (married a girl from Baltimore haha) and I've watched all of our games this year and obviously kept an eye on you steelers as well. I think the Steelers play against the Browns and Bengals better than us, its been the same for the last few years, the Bengals especially do well against the Ravens for some reason. The Ravens- Steelers game is just a 50/50 I think, maybe you just have the edge with Big Ben who is is just one hell of a physical force and a completely unique QB. I disagree with Rice, maybe in time he'll be on the decline and he didnt start this season especially well, but has regained some sharpness in the last few weeks. The secondary isn't quite as good as it used to be, but defensively we are still strong. I'm surprised that a lot of guys are tipping the Ravens for the superbowl in America, most other fans I know dont have the highest of expectations, but of course always remain hopeful. I can see now this is where your 'overrated' comment comes from, fair enough if people keep going on about how good we are all the time! We are definitely capable of going to Heinz field or Gillette Stadium and winning the odd game, but to go there and win both in consecutive weeks? I think thats one hell of a hard ask and our best chance would be if we we beat you and then the Jets somehow managed to get past the Patriots, giving us a home match against them. The Steelers problem like you say, is that Brady owns you at the moment. Personally I think KC and Indi aren't as good as the other 4 in the AFC play offs. I expect there to be a 3rd game of the season between us next week at Heinz Field, which would be interesting ;)

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Jets +3 @ 1.80 SJ (5/10) Sanchez over 2.15.5 passing yards @ 1.83 P Power (4/10) Addai under 55.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes (3/10) I’m going to take the Jets here, I think they have enough about them to prevail. A solid defence is always going to be tested against Peyton Manning, but Indi don’t have much of a running game which isn’t ideal. The jets are hard fighters and should be able to do well against this weak looking Indi defence. Ok, it has improved in the last few weeks against the run, but the secondary looks weak and Sanchez should be able to fill his boots. that’s one of the reasons why I fancy him to go over 215.5 yards here. In recent weeks, Indi have conceded quote a lot of passing yardage to QBs - Collins 300 and 244 respectively, Campbell 231, Garrard 294, Palmer 292. I just think this line looks a bit low, even if the Jets will often go to their running game as well. Yeh maybe there is still the odd doubt about Sanchez’s shoulder, but overall I feel he should be able to cover this line. I think the Addai 55.5 rushing line is a little too high for a player who isn’t fully fit yet. He himself admits it’s a ‘struggle’ to get through a full match and that he wont be fully ‘right’ until next season. Indi don’t use the run much at the best of times and Brown will probably share their rushing yardage with him. Couple that with a solid Jets defence against the run and Manning’s willingness to go into his own throwing game then I’m happy to be on the unders. I think Addai will run something like 30-40 here and nothing more. I was also tempted with Shonn Green under 64.5 rushing, but in the end I left that out. Best of luck to everyone in the play offs :ok

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Picks Seattle +7.5 @ 2.33 centrebet Seattle will go with either Hasselbeck or Whitehurst at QB, and they will be looking to repeat a similar passing effort when they met in Round 10 as New Orleans won 34-19, as Hasselbeck had 366 passing yards and 1 TD. While NO allow just 194 passing yards per game (ranked 4th) they are able to be passed on, as shown in this game, and now going across the country, their defence may have even more problems lining up in this noisy environment. New Orleans will need to rely on the arom of QB Brees here as they have lost RBs Ivory and Thomas, and Bush is their only recognised RB left. Brees will look to link up with Colston like he he did when he played them earlier in the season in NO as Brees threw for 383 yards and 4 TDs (and 2 INTs) while Colston had 8 receptions and 133 receiving yards and 2 TDs. Seattle's defence allows 250 passing yards per game (ranked 26th) and 119 rushing yards per game (ranked 21st) so NO should be able to score on them. While Seattle just fell in to the playoffs, they do play tough at home. New Orleans have a good road record as they won 6 of their 8 games, but they won 4 of these by 3 points, so they tend to just win on the road. Both teams will focus on passing the ball, and now at home, think Seattle can keep this within a TD in a high scoring game. NY Jets -2.5 @ 2.37 centrebet Indy will once again rely on Manning to get them going forward but injuries have hampered their game this year, as they are without Collie and Clark who are injured. Though Addai is abck hard to see him doing well against this Jets rush defence that allows just 91 rushing yards per game (ranked 3rd). Manning has beaten the Jets blitz in the past, but like Cromartie and Revis to stop Wayne and Garcon. Jets have Sanchez to control their offence, but it their run game that should do well here, as like Tomlinson and Greene to find the gaps aided by a good offensive line. The Colts have had some problems in defending the run this year, and though they have done well of late, and stopped some very good RBs, they did not have to contend with an OL like what the Jets have. While the Colts have been scoring in finishing off their season, they have allowed 20+ points in their last 7 games. The Jets can score and they have the defence to limit the amount of points scored on them. Like the Jets to have learnt from last years playoff loss to the Colts, as they have played much better this year on the road, going 6-2.

should have taken the Hawks at +18000 to win the SB lol
Weren't you going to take them on a cap or something in this match Alex, but pulled out? Seahwaks been better than I expected here and the Saints been under par, good football game I'm just happy enough for Brees' yards to have come in for me