** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2011 Heads Up Cash +$3000ish

deadlydaveLDN

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash Tried to download HEM onto my temporary laptop last night but couldn't get it working. Played some HU $50NL anyway, and I have to say, while I find it difficult to play MTTs without a HUD, I had no problems whatsoever doing this. Won about 4 buy-ins, going to be difficult to update completely accurately until I get a new laptop/HUD working, but the temporary break is over. At least until I sort out this MTT staking deal ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash Managed to lose the majority of those 4 buy-ins pretty quickly, but since then up around $750. Obviously not gonna hit the $5k Jan target, but still a good end to the month anyway. Not in any hurry to get my HUD working now anyway as my play hasn't really suffered, which sadly means a lack of graphs at the current time.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash Earlier today was a bit of a struggle with not so many fish coming out to play in the afternoon but they've really appeared tonight and it's been a bit of a pattern that, so I'm going to concentrate my efforts on playing from 9pm onwards in future I think. +$1500 Edit : I was about $500 up earlier in the thread when I first started but that all got withdrawn/lost on MTTs, so I'm going with the figure since I started a few days ago, which is the one above.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash +$1500 I'm not going to be posting many hands in this threads but this hand just shows how easy this is :lol This was just a standard play from this opponent ;) Full Tilt Poker Game #27756217220: Table Dancing (heads up) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:07:38 WET - 2011/01/30 [18:07:38 ET - 2011/01/30] Seat 1: bigphil2 ($91.30) Seat 2: almoghagag ($77.65) almoghagag posts the small blind of $0.25 bigphil2 posts the big blind of $0.50 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to bigphil2 [Kh Qh] almoghagag raises to $1.50 bigphil2 raises to $4.50 almoghagag raises to $11 bigphil2 calls $6.50 *** FLOP *** [3h 3c 8h] bigphil2 checks almoghagag bets $10 bigphil2 raises to $25.50 almoghagag calls $15.50 *** TURN *** [3h 3c 8h] [8d] bigphil2 bets $54.80, and is all in almoghagag calls $41.15, and is all in bigphil2 shows [Kh Qh] almoghagag shows [Jh Kc] Uncalled bet of $13.65 returned to bigphil2 *** RIVER *** [3h 3c 8h 8d] [Ks] bigphil2 shows two pair, Kings and Eights almoghagag shows two pair, Kings and Eights bigphil2 wins the pot ($154.80) with two pair, Kings and Eights *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $155.30 | Rake $0.50 Board: [3h 3c 8h 8d Ks] Seat 1: bigphil2 (big blind) showed [Kh Qh] and won ($154.80) with two pair, Kings and Eights Seat 2: almoghagag (small blind) showed [Jh Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Eights

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash +$1500

playing a complete donk though' date=' [/quote'] Just checked him on PTR - he's break even on NL100 over 7k hands - are there not softer games? What's your view on his weaknesses? I see that his usual game is Pot Limit Holdem - not sure (generally) how I'd interperet that - if I play a fixed limit player, then I feel they're likely to play too many hands and too many draws, so I'd make my bet sizing a bit bigger than usual to take advantage of that perceived weakness (and get them paying the wrong price) - not sure that would transfer over quite so clearly to a Pot Limit player though.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash +$1500 He never folds OOP when he has a piece of the board unless it's really scary, flop check-raises are air/draws 90% of the time, turn check raises are the nuts or virtual nuts every time, when he does c-r the flop as a bluff he normally fires the turn and river. If I check behind turn he always fires pot at river. Simply I know what he has in most pots. So far, I played badly at the start and have run into some bad situations since, but if he doesn't quit I get all the money back. Plus I'm pretty sure that's his entire bankroll on the table. PL and NL basically the same game HU

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash +$1500 This is a great example of exactly what I just said, moments after I posted. Full Tilt Poker Game #27779272447: Table Moor (heads up) - $0.25/$0.50 - Pot Limit Hold'em - 19:28:21 WET - 2011/01/31 [14:28:21 ET - 2011/01/31] Seat 1: bigphil2 ($78.35) Seat 2: natan226 ($293.45) bigphil2 posts the small blind of $0.25 natan226 posts the big blind of $0.50 The button is in seat #1 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to bigphil2 [Kd 9h] bigphil2 raises to $1.50 natan226 calls $1 *** FLOP *** [9c Tc 8s] natan226 checks bigphil2 bets $2 natan226 raises to $4 bigphil2 calls $2 *** TURN *** [9c Tc 8s] [8c] natan226 bets $11 bigphil2 calls $11 *** RIVER *** [9c Tc 8s 8c] [2d] natan226 bets $16.50 bigphil2 calls $16.50 *** SHOW DOWN *** natan226 shows [Qc 4d] a pair of Eights bigphil2 shows [Kd 9h] two pair, Nines and Eights bigphil2 wins the pot ($65.50) with two pair, Nines and Eights *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $66 | Rake $0.50 Board: [9c Tc 8s 8c 2d] Seat 1: bigphil2 (small blind) showed [Kd 9h] and won ($65.50) with two pair, Nines and Eights Seat 2: natan226 (big blind) showed [Qc 4d] and lost with a pair of Eights

Just checked in again - you're playing 300 BB deep now (and he has 400 BB in front of him) - keep it going :hope
But you just got a horrid river (his AK with K on the river after you flopped 2 pair) - but on the bright side - he didnt value bet you :)

Yeah - makes sense :ok Good luck :hope (You've got some of it back - playing 240 Big Blinds deep now :ok He has 500xBB in front of him!!)
Just checked in again - you're playing 300 BB deep now (and he has 400 BB in front of him) - keep it going :hope
690 BB on the table now - I was rounding, so not sure of the accuracy, but started at 740, then 700 and now 690 - that's a heck of a lot of rake :loon

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash +$1500 Well, I got him in the end. As GaF says, plenty was lost to rake, but it was better (since I knew I was going to beat this guy) to stay and play than to write the rake + lost money off. He switched his game up a lot towards the end, ended up bluffing a lot/value betting worse, before I won the last hand, 2nd nut flush v 3rd nut flush. Since I'd been coolered so much though, it was about time I got one. Unfortunately, with the rake in that game (dunno what it was, was significant, though I'll get 27% back), and losses in other games that I was struggling to concntrate on at the same time, I'm back to +$1300. Oh well, onwards and upwards, the real big whales should be about to come out to play. Untitled1-4.png