Announcements
** Nap's Competition Result : 1st Barnsley Chop, 2nd Daisychain, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, 4th Marmalade, KO Cup Tipsterix, Most Winners Calva Decoy**
**June Poker League Result : 1st Autogree £75, 2nd Rivrd £45, 3rd Ian309 £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Rick121212

NHL - January 2011 picks

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks

SportIce Hockey
EventPittsburgh Penguins - Boston Bruins
SelectionBoston Bruins (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 4.10
Reasoning
SportIce Hockey
EventSt.Louis Blues - Phoenix Coyotes
SelectionSt.Louis Blues (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 3.15
ReasoningThe Blues lost last three matches two of them at home, but before that loosing strike Boston won four straight games at home icluding 4-3 win against Detroit Red Wings. The Coyotes lost five of last seven away matches, also they lost three in four against St. Louis. Two weeks ago they played in St. Louis when the Blues take easy 4-0 lead and beated 4-3 after Phoenix scored three goals in last 7 minutes. I hope this shouldn't happen again and the Blues who are defintely better team will take this one with two pucks or more. Brad Boyes is in the team after injury and that will be an extra power for the Blues offence.
SportIce Hockey
EventLos Angeles Kings - Toronto Maple Leafs
SelectionLos Angeles Kings - (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 2.70
ReasoningLos Angeles won last home match 6-4 after they took a 4-0 lead against Columbus. J. Stoll, D Bronw., Williams, Kopitar and goalie Quick are in a great fit. Toronto won last away match 3-9 againts Atlanta but this time I don't believe they will score so much goals. Toronto are playing for nothing trailings so many points behind playoff spot and Kings who have big motivation holding eight place in the West with home record 14-7 shoud win another home match. Los Anbgeles won seven of last nine matches against Toronto and this should be an easy home win here.
Pittsbugrh Penguins captain is out with injury, he also missed last two Penguins games when they loose 2-1 at Canadiens and 0-4 at Console against the Wild. Bad days for the Penguins without top scorer in nhl this season also he lead in overall goal+assist. The Bruins won three and dropped another three games after overtime in last six away games, they won this encounter 4-7 away earlier in the season after they were trailing 4-2 before third period but with five late goals reached the win. Crosby played in that match which is the one between this season. The Bruins are very dangeorus visitor they got 2nd best away record in the East 12-7, their goalie Tomas is in incredible fit so Penguins who loose four in last five matches sure will drop another home match.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Pittsburgh Penguins - Boston Bruins
Selection Pittsburgh Penguins -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.19
Reasoning After 1 win in last 5 matches, or 2 in last 7, Penguins must start winning again, after a huge 8-1 vs Tampa Bay at home, came in last match home 0-4 with Minnesota, very strange, i don't remember a lose at 0 at home recent for Penguins. Boston doesn't stay better, 1 from last 5, so they want more, they already beat at Penguins 4-7 this year, I don't believe that will be another match this season with over 6 goals against Penguins and I don't believe that Penguins can lose again at home now. My tip: 4-1. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event St. Louis Blues - Phoenix Coyotes
Selection St. Louis Blues -1.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 3.15
Reasoning Blues are better that Coyotes, they are good at home, an under team, after 5 wins , 4 at home, came a 3 lose streak , two at home, I don't believe that again they'll lose home advantage, even if Coyotes have good result away for the line they have, this arena is a hard one. Even if almost never exist chances for play off because of so many powers in this conference, STL always manage to have good result at home, I go on -1.5. My tip 3-1. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Colorado Avalanche - Detroit Red Wings
Selection Colorado Avalanche -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.67
Reasoning Colorado lost 5 from last 6 at home, Detroit won last 5 away, better team for Detroit, better form, all are for Detroit, I'm not on their side, Colorado isn't so bad to take only one win in 6 home matches, they had a bad period so they need to recover fast, with a win in a very hard match the team will feel much better and Detroit can win everywhere, are good, but not so good and is NHL here. I go full confidence on home side. 4-2 here my tip. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Los Angeles - Toronto
Selection Toronto -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 4.55
Reasoning With a 5-15 goals conceded/score in last 3 away matches now they came at worst defense of the moment, 28 goals in last 7 matches, that's more that a quarter of all goals conceded by Kings in all season, so the defense isn't working, attack not really good too, after a 6-4 win with the empty net goal in last match home vs Blue J. after they had 4-0 and 5-3 with less that 3 min to play so I believe Toronto even if they don't have the same value like Kings and are usually a victim in away match, I believe that they can surprise again and win here. My tip 3-5. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Pittsburgh Penguins - Boston Bruins
Selection Pittsburgh Penguins -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.19
Reasoning After 1 win in last 5 matches, or 2 in last 7, Penguins must start winning again, after a huge 8-1 vs Tampa Bay at home, came in last match home 0-4 with Minnesota, very strange, i don't remember a lose at 0 at home recent for Penguins. Boston doesn't stay better, 1 from last 5, so they want more, they already beat at Penguins 4-7 this year, I don't believe that will be another match this season with over 6 goals against Penguins and I don't believe that Penguins can lose again at home now. My tip: 4-1. Good luck!
common, wtf is wrong with my picks... 2-0 until this end?12 second for 2 goals... strange
16:37 highlightSmall.png BOS PPG - Zdeno Chara (6) Slap Shot - Assists: D. Seidenberg (14) & G. Campbell (7)
16:49 highlightSmall.png BOS Brad Marchand (7) Wrist Shot - Assists: P. Bergeron (18) & G. Campbell (8)
19:10 highlightSmall.png BOS PPG - Mark Recchi (8) Backhand - Assists: M. Ryder (13) & D. Seidenberg (15)
19:52 highlightSmall.png BOS EN - Gregory Campbell (4) Wrist Shot - Assists: B. Wheeler (8) & P. Bergeron (19)

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Colorado Avalanche - Detroit Red Wings
Selection Colorado Avalanche -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.67
Reasoning Colorado lost 5 from last 6 at home, Detroit won last 5 away, better team for Detroit, better form, all are for Detroit, I'm not on their side, Colorado isn't so bad to take only one win in 6 home matches, they had a bad period so they need to recover fast, with a win in a very hard match the team will feel much better and Detroit can win everywhere, are good, but not so good and is NHL here. I go full confidence on home side. 4-2 here my tip. Good luck!
again? 5-2 and end 5-4 with almost 1.20 min with empty net and no shot on that net...

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Los Angeles - Toronto
Selection Toronto -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 4.55
Reasoning With a 5-15 goals conceded/score in last 3 away matches now they came at worst defense of the moment, 28 goals in last 7 matches, that's more that a quarter of all goals conceded by Kings in all season, so the defense isn't working, attack not really good too, after a 6-4 win with the empty net goal in last match home vs Blue J. after they had 4-0 and 5-3 with less that 3 min to play so I believe Toronto even if they don't have the same value like Kings and are usually a victim in away match, I believe that they can surprise again and win here. My tip 3-5. Good luck!
I don't need a push, anyway I'm on fire from last 10 pics 8 lose, one push... no empty net goal... f :(

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks fantastic JOB!!:notworthy:notworthy what do yuo think... Dallas-Edmonton ->picking: Dallas. it look to me like fantastic chance to get some money, Dallas is in much better situation, and Edmonton is bad as they were last seasone.

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Montreal Canadiens at New York Rangers - Under 5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet 365, Boylesports, Stan James) Both these teams have been Unders teams this season, Montreal going Under 26 times in 37 games and NY going Under 26 times in 42 games. With strong goaltending, in Carey Price and Henrik Lundqvist, and also strong penalty killing from both teams, 87.7% for the Canadiens and 83.4% for the Rangers, there shouldn't be many goals in this. Both sides have been struggling for goals lately with the Rangers not scoring more than 3 in a game for 6 games and and Montreal going at least 10 games without more than 3 goals. This should be a tight defensive game with two or three goals maybe and should be Under 5 goals.

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers - Under 5.5 goals @ 1.91 (Bet 365) The Florida Panthers have done quite well this season against the Capitals keeping them to just three goals and with the Caps going Under 20 times in their most recent 26 games this could quite easily happen again. With Semin also out injured for the Capitals, there offense will struggle to get a lot of goals here against a hopefully on form Vokoun who got a shut out in this same match up in September. Hopefully this will happen again but I expect this one to stay Under 6 goals.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event NY Rangers - Montreal
Selection NY Rangers -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.31
Reasoning Montreal is coming after 4 consecutive draw, won 3/4, Ny have 3 draw in last 5, won 2/3, so after so many indecide matches and no big win, must came a big victory and that will not happen for Canadians, the wins are almost split tie, but NY is better that the 10-10 from home, only 7 wins in regular time, they must take more advantage of home arena and they must score more that in last matches. I expect a close match, but I lean to NY, +empty net goal will be 3-1.

fantastic JOB!!:notworthy:notworthy ??? what do yuo think... Dallas-Edmonton ->picking: Dallas. it look to me like fantastic chance to get some money, Dallas is in much better situation, and Edmonton is bad as they were last seasone.
I don't like the odd, to small, Dallas lost all last home matches home but win all away, if you take it, take, Dallas -1.5, if they win will be much over 2, if you don't trust don't take it. end next time don't be Ironic, NHL isn't quite easy to get the good pick, I'm on + a lot on it but sometimes I miss like last night.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event NY Islanders - Vancouver
Selection Vancouver -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.42
Reasoning The only think I don't like at this pick is that I can't find any bookie with -2.5, or even -3,5, for me will be a massacre here, 1-5. 1-6 something like that, Vancouver really plays great, they lose in extra time with Detroit but are on the 16 match with minimum one point take, and almost all was win after win at high score, NY had a good period but will start to lose again, are just to small to keep the line with good teams. I go all in on -1.5.

EventNashville Predators - Minnesota Wild
SelectionNashville Predators (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date12/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 3.20
ReasoningThis will be third match in four days for the Wild, so they will be so exasuted today, they even loose last matchs at home 0-4 after the road-trip in the East. Nasville are in a five-matches winning strike, they defeated Kings, Sharks, Ducks in regular time, their strike begins at Wild 1-4 away win. The last match in Nasville between these two finished with a 5-0 categoricaly win for Predators and they will be hot today.

EventSan Jose Sharks - Toronto Maple Leafs
SelectionToronto Maple Leafs
Strength10/10
Date12/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 4.00
ReasoningToronto are in a four-matches winning strike on the road all that in regular time with spread against home teams +14 goals. Toronto scored 21 goals in last four away matches. The Maple Leafes are with three win in a row according to last three matches including home match with the Blues who was won 6-5. On the other hand San Jose falled in last four matches, they also loose four in a row at home. What I can said about their attack the Sharks scored one goal in last three matches, San Jose scored at home four goals in last four games, thats so poor. I think Kessel, Grabovski, MacArthur, Versteeg will have another great night and Niemi will struggle to stop them, this should be another away win.

Have U looked at Ur post? Looks like a shit' date=' horribly spread thru half of this page.[/quote'] dude, this post is better than nothing, if admin think this is a shit he can delete it, but did you wrote something here, when you post a tip here, then you can tell me what to do, !:spank

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Pittsburgh Penguins at Montreal Canadiens - Under 5 goals @ 2.20 (Bet 365) The Penguins have lost their last three after they lost Crosby to injury in the game versus Tampa Bay and have since combined for three goals without him. One of those games was also at Montreal and it was a tight game where the Canadiens came out on top 2-1 after a shootout. Pittsburgh will find it hard for goals again especially against the tough defense of Montreal who have only let up four goals in their last three games and having two in-form goaltenders in Carey Price, and also Alex Auld who had a good game last night versus the Rangers only letting in one goal. Although Montreal seem to be sound defensively they have struggled scoring also with Cammalleri, 2nd in goals for the Canadiens, who is suffering from flu. With two big goalscorers out for both teams, and two pretty good defenses, I expect them to cancel each other out slightly and end Under 5 goals.

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Had a go with the selections last night and got a treble correct (including Toronto, what were they doing giving odds like that...seemed a no-brainer to me!). So here goes... Montreal to beat Pittsburgh @ 1.80 Bwin (2way incl OT + penalties) Montreal's home form is strong, which will be tested against a strong Penguins away record, but current form suggests they could win this one by the odd goal. Anaheim to beat St Louis @ 1.80 Bwin (2way incl OT + penalties) Good odds for a team who has a better league position, better form going into the game (W2 against St Louis's L2) and Anaheim home record is much stronger than St Louis's away record.

EventChicago Blackhawks - Colorado Avalanche
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 1.87
ReasoningChicago scored five goals in last home match, Colorado scored eight goals in last two matches and allowed eight, recording two over in last two matches. One month ago these two played twice with two over, results 7-5 and 3-4 both won by the Avalanche, who won in October also with 4-3, so Colorado scored 14 goals against Chicago in three matches this season allwoing 11 goals. Chicago are defintely better team, they won NHL last season, but the Avalanche are very gangerous. These two teams like to score many goals when playing between with nine over in last 11 matches, the last four are over including three this season. Towes is back after injury for the Balckhawks offence, he scored in last match, Turco didn't so well on the net and this seems to be another over.

EventAnaheim Ducks vs. St Louis Blues
Selectionover 6.5
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 3.13
ReasoningDucks waked up and scored six against Columbus, they won four of last five matches all that played at home, that strike started with a 5-2 win against East Conference leader the Flyers. The Blues lost four in a row, but they won three of last four with Ducks with so big spread like 5-1, 6-3, 0-5. St Louis recorded three over 6.5 in last five matches. This is high scoring encounter according to the last two years, five of last ten matches between are over 6.5, another three are with 6 goals and the rest two are with 5 goals. Halak is 0-3 with 4.00 goals against in last three matches with Ducks, but St Louis scored five in last away match, they total scored 9 goals in last two matches on the road and this should be another high scoring affair.

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Great call on Ducks-Blues totse. :ok Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders - NY Islanders to win @ 2.00 (PaddyPower) The Senators have lost six in a row and are struggling to find offense with only seven goals in those games being shut out on two occasions. The Islanders have started to show some promise of late and have won games against some decent teams (beating Colorado, Detroit, Pittsburgh) and have won two out of their most recent three home games only losing two nights ago to the hot Vancouver Canucks 3-4 in a shootout. The Islanders should be up for this, a real winnable game in at home which should give them a bit of an advantage, up against the Senators with a rookie goalie, Robin Lehner, who will be starting his first game in the NHL, and also a weak Ottawa offense that are struggling to generate goals. Played it safe with the Match Line because they have gone to OT and SO a number of times but I think they could win this well.

EventBoston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.17
ReasoningThese two teams both have very strong offence, Philadephia recorded six over in last seven away matches, while Boston last two matches are also over. The Bruins scored six goals in last home match two days ago, while Flyers scored five goals in last away match, they also scored 21 goals in last five away matches average 4.2 goals per game. Philadelphia defeated Boston in playoffs 2010, after Boston take a 3-0 lead in the series, that wasn't happen over 30 years, so today Boston will throw all in their attack looking for revenghe but Flyers also got strong attack Briere, Richards, Giroux, Carter scored many. Another reason for over here is that PRonger, best Flyers defencman is out with injury so this seems to be another over.

EventNew York Rangers vs. Vancouver Canucks
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.06
ReasoningRangers recorded four over in last six home matches, they scored 23 goals, so this is near four goals per game average. RAngers also won four of this six matches. Vanocuver are in a five matches winning strike when playing on the road, they defeated teams like Sharks, Stars, Avalanche scoring 21 goals which is 4.2 goals per match average in last five away matches. Its tradition that Vancouver allways take this encounter, the Canucks won last four matches between, they also won 7 of last eight matches against Rangers. At the moment Canucks are in incredible winning strike 20 of last 22 matches have been won, Rangers will be in trouble but I believe they will score goals today. Last Vancouver match was against Islanders so they are already 2 days in New York, but Islanders scored them three agoals in OT loss and hope Rangers who are stronger will score at least another three in Luongo's net.

SportIce Hockey
EventFlorida Panthers vs. Nashville Predators
SelectionNashville Predators (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 3.80
ReasoningNasville are in a six games winning strike, four of these matches were on the road. Nasville won in San Jose 1-2, Minnesota 1-4, Los Angeles 2-5, Anaheim 2-5, as you can see Nashville won three of these four away matches with two pucks or more. On the other hand Flordia loose three of last four matches, they are poor host team falling in four of last six home matches. Predators are very close to playoffs I think their winning strike will continue because they won last three games with Panthers 20 days ago they won 3-0, also Nasville won five of last six matches against Florida so this should be another away win.

EventPhoenix Coyotes vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.07
ReasoningThese two teams are in a good fit according to their matches in past 20 days. Toronto won last four matches, they are in a five matches winning strike on the road. Maple Leafs scored 25 goals in last five away mathes who they won which is average five golas per away match, they allowed average three goals in that winning strike. On the other hand Coyotes past two matches were won with 4-3 against Columbus and St Louis. Coyotes scored 17 goals in the last five home matches 3.5 goals per match. When these two teams are playing between we always should expect high scoring affair, because the last seven matches are over with so many goals 6-3, 6-3, 1-5, 3-4, 3-5, 5-3, 6-3, so I hope this should be another high scoring match between these two teams.

EventLos Angeles Kings vs. St Louis Blues
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.20
ReasoningLos Angeles loose five of last six home matches, St. Louis are in a five games loosing strike, so both team will hope to win today. Los Angeles recorded five over in last seven matches, the Blues recorded five over in last six matches. The last two matches plaeyd between these two teams in Los Angeles at Staples Center finished 3-4, 4-5 both won by the Blues so they are also over. Three of last four matches between are over. Yesterday night the Blues falled in Anaheim 7-4, while few days ago Kings won 6-4 at home against Blue Jackets and this seems to be another high scoring affair.

SportIce Hockey
EventToronto Maple Leafs vs. Calgary Flames
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.08
ReasoningToronto recorded four over in last five matches, their last home match finished 6-5 OT win against the Blues. Toronto scored 23 goals in last five which is 5.5 goals per match scored by Kessel, MacArthur, Grabovski, Vertteeg who are in good fit. On the other hand Toronto allowed 17 goals which average 3.4 goals per match in last five. Calgary recorded two over in last three matches, they scored eight goals and allowed eight goals in last two away matches. The other reason taking over here is these two teams like to produce high scoring matches, five of last six matches between are over wilt results 5-2, 2-5, 6-8, 3-4, 5-4 and I think this should be another easy over here.

SportIce Hockey
EventMontreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.45
ReasoningRangers are with eight consecutive under 5.5 before this match, they got problems in their attack but Dubinsky and Prospal are back after injuries which is good news for their offence. Montreal last match was at home 2-5 loss with the Penguins. The tradition between these two when playing at Bell Centre is for so many over 5.5, seven of last eight matches here are over. This season opening series match finished 6-0 home win for the Canadiens, they scored 24 goals in last five home matches aginast Rangers, that's so more 5 goals per match scored from Montreal and if they keep that good offence this should be over.
SportIce Hockey
EventDetroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
SelectionDetroit Red Wings (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.65
ReasoningThe Red Wings loss this encounter yesterday after shootout 3-2, but at home they need to come back in a winning strike. The Red Wings are one of best homers this season, they won last seven matches against Columbus played at Joe Louis Arena, even more they won 12 of last 14 matches with Blue Jackets. Columbus on the other hand falled in last four matches on the road all that lost with two pucks or more, even more Blue Jacktes falled in 10 of last 11 away matches. Red Wings are fighting with Canucks for the top league position and today when they are playing with so weak away team this should be another good win. Zetterberg and Franzen should give more in Red Wings offence than last night and I hope this should happen.
SportIce Hockey
EventNashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.16
ReasoningThe last two matches between played at Bridgestone Arena finished 4-3 home win, 3-5 away win, so Nasville scored 7 goals while Chicago scored 8 goals in that two matches. Chicago are in good fit they won four of last five matches scoring 17 goals and recording more that 36 shots per match in that five games. Nashville after six consecutive win scoring 24 goals in that six games 4 per match, they allowed Florida to beat them 3-2 but on the road that match was played in Florida. Nasville will try to make another good matchs against this rival they won two of last three, while the Blackhawks attack looks very strong Toews and Hossa are back after injuries, with Kane and Sharp this should be another over in Nashville.