** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NHL - January 2011 picks

New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes - NJ Devils to win in 60 @ 3.70 (bwin) I'm going for the underdog in this match even though the Devils are clearly struggling and the Hurricanes seem to have had some decent results of late. This is all based on Carolina not doing too well on the powerplay recently and the Devils doing a good job at penalty kill. Also, if there is one thing the Devils have been good at, is consistently scoring powerplay goals. It's an outside shot but I think the Devils might just edge this.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Pittsburgh Penguins - Washington Capitals | Penguins ML 1.7@triobet! Winter Classics! The game was re-scheduled from 1PM to 8PM due to weather problems, that is the rain expected early afternoon in Pitsburgh. The two teams have met not that far in Washington, where the guest hold Caps and won in SO. This year Pens looks better on defence, while Caps struggling to find theyr game, despite the good record, they have been bad in L10 games. The game expecting to be a very entertaining and enjoyng for fans in all over the world, it's true that it go either way, but i think that Pens have some adv too here, playing in front of them fans, and have beated struggling Caps recently!

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks

New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes - NJ Devils to win in 60 @ 3.70 (bwin) I'm going for the underdog in this match even though the Devils are clearly struggling and the Hurricanes seem to have had some decent results of late. This is all based on Carolina not doing too well on the powerplay recently and the Devils doing a good job at penalty kill. Also, if there is one thing the Devils have been good at, is consistently scoring powerplay goals. It's an outside shot but I think the Devils might just edge this.
Ha! 3-0 down after 8 minutes. :eyes

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Combo DAL Stars v STL Blues (2) @ 1.72 CHI Blackhawks v ANA Ducks (1) 1.77 Despite Stars are kinda inconvenient opponent for the Bluesmans, backed STL and Blackhawks based on their recent performance. Combined odds: 3.04 (local) 3 pts

Combo DAL Stars v STL Blues (2) @ 1.72 CHI Blackhawks v ANA Ducks (1) 1.77 Despite Stars are kinda inconvenient opponent for the Bluesmans, backed STL and Blackhawks based on their recent performance. Combined odds: 3.04 (local) 3 pts
Very bad call! Blackhawks outshot Ducks 40-18 and still lost the game :sad Blues were leading first 2 periods and then omg :cry Even Flyers won in Detroit! NHL is getting rather unpredictable, I better stick to KHL.

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Tuesday 4th January 2011 Buffalo Sabres at Colorado Avalanche - Over 5.5 goals @ 1.97 (Pinnacle Sports) I was originally looking the the total going Under on this, but the Over seems to be the better bet. With Sabres scoring goals for fun at the moment, and the Avalanches potential to score plenty of goals, this game should be able to reach the target of six goals. Budaj is scheduled to play this game which is a good sign for goals, as he is not as good a goaltender as Anderson and is not in great form. The opposition goaltender, Ryan Miller, is an excellent player, but he is also not reaching his maximum potential letting in six goals in his most recent game against Boston Bruins. With Buffalo tallying 18 goals in their most recent 4 road games and with Colorado up against a out of form Miller, I think this is the bet to take.

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Tampa Bay Lightning at Washington Capitals - Under 6.0 goals @ 2.03 (Pinnacle Sports) Tampa Bay meet the Capitals in what on paper would look like a game with plenty of goals in it. This game boasts, Semin, Ovechkin, Stamkos and St. Louis but the Capitals have recently shown their ability of playing tough defense led by goaltender Varlomov, most recently having a 0.97 save percentage against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Winter Classic. 17 out of the Capitals last 21 games have gone Under and I expect this to continue today with hopefully both sides in-form goaltenders stopping the big goalscorers.

SportIce Hockey
EventNew Jersey Devils - Minnesota Wild
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.58
ReasoningAnother match between fellows in overall table, but if NJ has no chance to make the playoffs trailling 19 points, their opponent today the Wild who are 13th placed team in the West, are trailling just 4 points behind the playoff spot but with game in a hand. Minnesota are in definetly strong away fit they recorded 9 points of 10 possible after winning 4 and loosing 1 in OT of past 5 away matches. The Wild recorded 3 over in last 4 matches the results are 5-3, 3-4, 1-4 and 6-5 win in the last match 2 days ago. The Devils lost last match 6-3, and when they are playing with the Wild they produced 2 over in last 3 games 3-5, 3-4 and 0-4 all won by the Devils. I think Devils will put on pressure the away team looking to stop this loosing strike but the strong Minnesota's fit on the road will make this match over.

Washington Capitals - Tampa Bay Lightning
Washington Capitals (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
05/01/2011
Betway @ 2.80
The Capitals are back on the winning way after this awful 8 games loosing strike in December. The Capitals won 3 in a row, they won 5 of last six matches, their last 2 matches were so good 3-0 home win against Montreal the team who eliminated them in playoffs and 1-3 away win against their big rival Pittsburgh. On the other hand Tampa are doing well in past few matches but this season their fit on the road is so instable after they lost 6-0 at the Capitals and 8-1 at the Bruins in December, even more they falled with Islanders and Oilers playing on the road teams who are playing for nothing, sitting on the bottom of the overall table. These two played already in the season twice, both matches in Washigton and the result was awful for the away team I mean Tampa, 6-0 and 6-3 Capitals win. The Capitals won 8 of last 9 home matches with Tampa, even more they won 7 of these 9 matches with 2 goals or more, there is another results like 5-1, 5-0.

SportIce Hockey
EventEdmonton Oilers - Detroit Red Wings
SelectionDetroit Red Wings (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.85
ReasoningDetroit loose last two matches at home, but they are on a 3-games winning strike on the road, defeating Colorado 3-4, Minnesota 1-4 and Dallas 3-7. On the other hand Edmonton are in a 6 -games loosing strike, also one of the poorest home team in NHL, they falled 5 times in last 6 home matches. I think the Red wings will be higher motivate team here, they played between twice this season and the Red Wings won 1-3 away and 6-2 at home. This should be an easy one for the best team in the West against the last.

SportIce Hockey
EventColorado Avalanche - Buffalo Sabres
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date05/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.95
ReasoningThe Sabres scored 21 goals in last five matches, they recorded 5 over in last five matches, the last Sabres match finished 7-6 OT win against the Bruins. The Avalanche produced 2 over in last 4 matches, but their top scorer C. Stweart is back after an injury and I hope they will start another strike with overs today with him ahead. The last match between at Pepsi Center finished 4-6 away win.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Chicago Blackhawks - Dallas Stars
Selection Dallas Stars -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 5.00
Reasoning Chicago are favorite in this one, but I don't see them winning, NHL became so unpredictable that is hard to take the favorite teams and just relax and watch how your team win, any team can win at any arena, but here I see Dallas to pick this one, in last 10 matches they won 5, 4 of them away, 5 matches home, 5 lose, so if home yard didn't bring any points, they need to take from away.Chicago stat very bad at home, losing match after match, but in last time they win almost all home matches, so I believe Dallas will manage to win by 2. Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Vancouver - Calgary
Selection Calgary 1x2
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.85
Reasoning 3.85 for a NHL match is a good underdog bet, Vancuvers is the team on fire, 10/11, yes, they play great, score like a killer machine but are human, so is normal to lose too some matches, being one of the worst team away, 3 win in normal time from 21 matches, my chances are low, last win here was in 11.2008 in regular time, but after what I've seen in NHL this season, I'm not so sure is hard to win at any team, 2 is my pick, Ignila to score! Good luck!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Anaheim - Nashville
Selection Nashville -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.80
Reasoning The most interesting match, for me at least, Predators are my favorite team from NHL, their problem is inconstancy, after 5 lose in a raw, they won two and will get the 3th, with on of the best defense i don't see Ducks scoring more that a goal, maxim two, but after 119 concede in 42 matches, is for sure they have not the best defense line, I expect Weber and KOSTITSYN to score for Nashville in a high score win. My pic 1-5. Good luck!

SportIce Hockey
EventChicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date06/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 1.90
ReasoningThis should be another high scoring match between this two. The last five games between Dallas and Chicago are over 6.5, they recorded 9 over in last 10 matches in past 2 years. Chicago at the moment recorded 2 over in last three matches, while Dallas are with 3 over in last 4 marches and this seems to be an easy over here.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Chicago Blackhawks - Dallas Stars
Selection Dallas Stars -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 5.00
Reasoning Chicago are favorite in this one, but I don't see them winning, NHL became so unpredictable that is hard to take the favorite teams and just relax and watch how your team win, any team can win at any arena, but here I see Dallas to pick this one, in last 10 matches they won 5, 4 of them away, 5 matches home, 5 lose, so if home yard didn't bring any points, they need to take from away.Chicago stat very bad at home, losing match after match, but in last time they win almost all home matches, so I believe Dallas will manage to win by 2. Good luck!
2-4, good :) odd 5!

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Anaheim - Nashville
Selection Nashville -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.80
Reasoning The most interesting match' date=' for me at least, Predators are my favorite team from NHL, their problem is inconstancy, after 5 lose in a raw, they won two and will get the 3th, with on of the best defense i don't see Ducks scoring more that a goal, maxim two, but after 119 concede in 42 matches, is for sure they have not the best defense line, I expect Weber and KOSTITSYN to score for Nashville in a high score win. My pic 1-5. Good luck!
1-4, I wrote 1-5 because last two was 1-4, anyway, great call! and KOSTITSYN with Weber score!, 2/4 is something!

Re: NHL - January 2011 picks Edmonton look good for the win there. However, there's not a lot of goals in them. Don't be surprised if it goes to OT or if Islanders pull out a win. Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils - Flyers (-1.5) @ 3.25 (Stan James) I am astonished at these odds for quite possibly the best team in the league against the worst. The Flyers have been rested for a few days but face a terrible New Jersey side who has only won 1 of their last 6 home games, whereas the Flyers are 6-2 of their last 8 road games. They've beaten Detroit and LA on the current road trip but dropped games at Anaheim and Vancouver. However, those two teams have goals in them and quite good goaltending where as New Jersey don't. I would be surprised if Philadelphia didn't win this and cannot refuse the odds for the puckline.

I am on Edmonton 1 @ 2.25 today. I think they can stop their bad run today and NY Islanders have rookie on the goal tonight... Totse and Rick what do you think?
I dont know its too possible but Islanders are hot right now, they took 5 of last 6, the last match 5-2 at Flames was incredible I dont now, maybe over for me here, but I think the Islanders will take this one

SportIce Hockey
EventToronto Maple Leafs - St.Louis Blues
SelectionToronto Maple Leafs
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.65
ReasoningIt's time for the Maple Leafs to win a match at home, they fall four times in a row at home and they are playing with a team who also beated them in last four matches in Toronto. I don't know how players like Kessel, MacArthur and Grabovski who scored 9 goals in last 14 matches lost so many matches, especially at Air Canada Center where are maybe the most expensive tickets in nhl. They should win this because of their fans. The Blues aren't so strong like the last season they struggle in the west, holding the 8th place, but they are poor visitor just 6 won matches and 11 lost on the road. If Toronto want to make somthing memorable this season they just need to take that one. The Maple Leafs are 13 point behind and 2 games in a hand, if they loose this one their fans hopes will be broken.

SportIce Hockey
EventNew Jersey Devils - Philadelphia Flyers
SelectionPhiladelphia Flyers (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.17
ReasoningNew Jersey are the big surprise this season recording just 22 points in 39 matches, last season they finished on the 2nd place in the East but this they won just 10 games loosing 29, this is bad for this strong in the past years team. The Devils had alwful strike just 2 won in last 10 at home, they lost 13 matches in last 15 games at all and this promise nothing good for this team. On the other hand the Flyers won 4 of last 5 five matches against this rivals, they also won 7 of past 10 matches and Philadelphia is trying to take the lead in the East after they have 2 games in a hand according the Penguins who are with 2 points more. I think Briere, Richards, Carter, Giroux will not miss the easy win here again.

SportIce Hockey
EventBoston Bruins - Minnesota Wild
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.40
ReasoningMinnesota recorded 3 over in last five matches they allways scored 3 goals on the road, but five days ago they defeated the Coyotes in a thriller 6-5 OT win. Boston leads their division at home they didn's well as a visitor but they recorded results like 8-2 win against second placed Tampa, and on e new years eve the lost 7-6 against Buffalo. Minnesota have advantage in matches between as they won last five games in Boston but the Bruins this season are with strong attack and this match seems to be over.

SportIce Hockey
EventMontreal Canadiens - Pittsburgh Penguins
SelectionPittsburgh Penguins
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.75
ReasoningThe Canadiens after good start in the season, at the moment are so weak, they loose 9 games in last 12 matches and they don't want to remember about the past december. Penguins on the other hand won 17 of 19 games in December, they loose 3 of last five matches but yesterday they stopped 2nd placed Tampa with memorable 8-1 win at Console Energy Center, Pittsburgh are strong visitor 12-7, they loose last 3 matches against Montreal but in last two months they are doing far better, and I think they'll be hungry for success today after Montreal stopped them in playoffs last season. Jordan Staal is back after injury, he gave an extra power in Penguins attack last night, with centres like Crosby, Malkin, Kennedy it will be very hard for the Canadiens to win here. Fleury also did good matches according to the Habbs goalthender Price who allowed easy goals last month after good start of the season and this should be a Penguins win.

SportIce Hockey
EventColorado Avalanche - Phoenix Coyotes
Selectionover 5.5
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.95
ReasoningThe Avalnche recorded two over 6.5 in last three home matches, it was interesting that before their captain's injury I mean Stweart they scored 47 goals in ten home matches that is incredible average record of 4.7 goals per home match, but after his injury they scored just 9 goals in last five home matches. The situation will be different today beacuse Stweart is back and he played already twice. On the other hand the Coyotes will arrive in Denver with 4 over in a row, including last two away matches 6-5 loss at the Wild and 4-3 loss at the Blues. I think the series of 4 under in a row which these two made when playing at Pepsi Center should be stop today.

SportIce Hockey
EventEdmonton Oilers vs. New York Islanders
Selection3.20
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.20
ReasoningAfter very bad days and 20 loss in 21 matches, the Islanders made the miracle and won 7 of past 9 matches, they also won last two away matches 3-4 at the former West conference leader Detroit and 2-5 at the Flames who were in a 4-games winning strike. Maybe the cause of so many lost matches was that the Islanders had 10 and more injured players, or they just decided to win in each way and made it. On the other hand the Oilers are on a loosing strike at the moment, they lost all last seven matches, including last four who were at home. Edmonton won just once in last seven home matches. The Islanders won seven of last nine matches between and if they play today like last two weeks I believe nothing can stop them to win this one.

SportIce Hockey
EventLos Angeles Kings vs. Nashville Predators
SelectionNashville Predators (moneyline)
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.70
ReasoningLos Angeles are in 4-games loosing strike including last 3 matches who were at home Flyers 4-7, Sharks 0-1, Blackhawks 3-4, the Coyotes defeated them at home 6-3 earlier. Nasville won last three matches all with the same score 4-1, Minnesota and Anaheim on the road, Blue Jackets at home. Nasville is sitting on a fifth place in the West, has one point more than Kings and this will be a direct battle for a place in playoff spot. The Predators are very dangerous when playing on the road they recorded 11 win and 11 loss this season, Staples Center gives them a luck because they won 5 of last 6 matches there and if both teams keep the fit of last 10 days Nashville should take 2 points again.

SportIce Hockey
EventSan Jose Sharks - Buffalo Sabres
SelectionSharks (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBoylesports @ 2.80
ReasoningSan Jose loose to many matches at home, they are strong team with powerful offensive players, who started the season bad and I expekt them to find the winning way soon. Buffalo are trailing 7 points behind the playoff spot in the East, they are very poor visitor and this will put them out of playoffs. The Sabres won just 6 of 17 on the road, San Jose missed to stop Canucks winning strike in last home match they loose points and this should give extra motivation for a win today. Buffalo won 4 of last 5 matches played in past 5 years, but more of them were in Buffalo. The Sharks need two points here in the battle with the Stars for the top of Pacific division, while Buffalo lost five of last six away matches, they also took match at Oilers. I hope maybe the best trio in the West Marleau, Thornton, Heatley will have more luck against Miller and this will be another Sharks win.