** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 1-9 January

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January

Sport Tennis
Event Wawrinka Stanislas - Haase Robin
Selection Haase Robin (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.74
Reasoning The quarterfinal at Chennai, Wawrinka is clear favorite here and all the papers info show the same, 21th ATP had a slow start at this tournament, winning 1st match 7-6, 7-6, and second 6-4, 6-4, being clear favorite, but Haase had problem in both matches, always lost first set and come back to win the match, Wawrinka serves much better that Haase, is faster and must win this match 2-0. Good luck!
after a bad start, 3-6, was a good match, 6-3, 6-3

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Just a couple matches on Saturday for me 1) Brisbane. Andrea Petkovic -3 AH vs Petra Kvitova. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Two big hitters meating in the final. Fancy Petkovic to do the job here because she is just a little bit smarter than Kvitova who is just about hitting the ball. It should be a close one, but Petkovic holds and advantage in my opinion, because of more variety to her game. She is yet to drop a set this week and looks very good overall. She's played Groth in the 3rd round here and that is the similar match-up as Kvitova. 2) Doha. Roger Federer -4 AH vs Nikolay Davydenko. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Wanted the same handicap on Federer against Tsonga yesterday. Didn't get it and lost. Davydenko made a great job crushing Nadal last night. It has to pointed out that Nadal is sick and should have retired but carried on and even played doubles later. Federer has been rock solid this week and should be able to improve 14-2 record against Davydenko who actually beat Federer in this very same tournament last year, so the revenge is very much on the cards. From what I've seen thus far from Davydenko, he has got serve issues and will be punished on the 2nd serve. All in all Federer should have no problems in getting a win. Taking Roger with handicap.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January petra kvitova to win the australian open at a massive price of 350-1 with uni-bet!! ok, in fairness, i don't really expect her to win it but this is an incredible price and certainly worth a punt as i actually consider petra to be one of a very few underdogs that has a chance! women's tennis doesn't really have a stand-out player at the moment....and although i consider clijsters the best player in the world right now and rightful favourite i don't really think there are any other players that kvitova should have any fear of! henin of course is a class act and might find some form, zvonareva too is a threat and wozniacki has made great improvements and should be there or thereabouts ( though it is worth stating that kvitova hockeyed wozniacki at wimbledon just last year), but apart from that there really isn't that much depth in the draw! sharapova is clearly struggling to rediscover past glories, venus never really does that well in australia and is the wrong side of 30 anyway, though of course should never be written off... azarenka has loads of talent but mentally is fragile still, safina and kuznetsova are shadows of what they were, as are ivanovic and jankovic and it just seems to me that the womens game is crying out for a young underdog to come out of leftfield and make a really deep run! and why not kvitova...the likes of radwanska, kirilenko,pavlychenkova, kleybanova. georges, peer are just pretenders for me... petkovic has got a big game and could be a dark horse but kvitova at 350-1 is genuinely great value! after all, she reached the semi-finals of wimbledon last year and gave serena her toughest test!! when she is bad she trully is awful and she's more than capable of losing the first round to the likes of a vania king, yet when her game clicks it really is massive!! she's got a big lefty serve (easily in the top 5 serves in the womens game when its working), her outswinger is particularly effective, she's got massive groundstrokes off both wings which can be very wild but when they work she takes the ball on very early, always looking to play points on her terms and she can play with power and depth consistently which most players would find too hot to handle!! i also believe she has a good temperment and if she found herself in tight situations in a quarterfinals or semi-final she won't be found wanting.....she has no fear!! it's all a big 'if' that her game will come together but she has shown some good form this week in brisbane beating the likes of cibulkova, petrova and pavlyuchenkova and she plays petkovic in the final tomorro which should be an interesting test for petkovic! if she's been to the semis at wimbledon, i believe she can go one step further here in australia....and for 350-1 she could give you a great run for your money!

I like Davydenko' date=' so I am happy :D. But I think this was ridiculous from Rafa, if he is really suffering from flu etc., there is no point in playing and fighting back from 0-5 with the Grand Slam so close. What is he thinking?[/quote'] Nadal has few points to defend in AO since he went out before semi last year.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Sport Tennis Event Tipsarevic - Malisse Selection Malisse to win Strength 10/10 Date 08/01/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.29 Reasoning This is SemiFinal of ATP tournament in Chennai, first SF Tipsarevic play against Malisse. In bookies opinion Tipsarevic is favourite(seed nr 6), but Malisse is very dengerous(seed nr 7). For me Malisse have more chances than Tipsarevic to make Final in this year.. Look at the Malisse results here: 6:3, 6:1 against Ilhan(90) 6:2, 6:2 against Robert(122) and 6:0, 6:2 against Phau(102). Big, clear wins against player on the TOP 100 level. Janko Tipsarevic off course is better than this three rivals, but Malisse in this form is be able to beat Serbian players at the Chennai court! Go Xavier!

Nadal has few points to defend in AO since he went out before semi last year.
Which means he can gain a lot of points there. Besides, if he wins it, he will hold all four titles at once, which is a huge motivation and he has himself admitted it. This tournament may be rich in prize money, but nothing more. I obviously do not know his actual medical state, but if he said he is suffering from flu etc., then he should not be playing through the illness with the Grand Slam so close imo. It could well backfire.

Anyway, I think Arn might be worth some small stake against Wickmayer. The win is priced as high as almost 4.00 and that is worth a try in my opinion. She is playing on confidence, beat Sharapova (huge boost), has solid first serve. Wickmayer is the better player, but her serve is not working fully, had a tough match yesterday. She can also go horribly missing at times. Arn is a very experienced player and certainly has solid chance to beat Wickmayer. The price is value in my opinion.
Arn won 6-3 6-3 - mostly down to her patience - she was just waiting for Wickmayer's errors. And they arrived.

Qualies Auckland Carlos Berloq vs Bobby Reynolds Bobby Reynolds 2-0 2.37 Berloq is not even one of the better clay players. What more reason for this I don't know.
So fking lame.. Berloq walk over. I mean why the **** does he even bother to go to New zeeland to play qualification if he's not fit enough to even play. Did some accident happen to him in Auckland or what? We'll never know but Reynold probably had crushed him.

Which means he can gain a lot of points there. Besides' date=' if he wins it, he will hold all four titles at once, which is a huge motivation and he has himself admitted it. This tournament may be rich in prize money, but nothing more. I obviously do not know his actual medical state, but if he said he is suffering from flu etc., then he should not be playing through the illness with the Grand Slam so close imo. It could well backfire.[/quote'] But I seriously don't think Nadal is gonna win AO. Look at his form since US open and now in Doha. As you say it could well backfire.

But I seriously don't think Nadal is gonna win AO. Look at his form since US open and now in Doha. As you say it could well backfire.
Doha = illness = no form After US Open = tiredness, he took a break and then came back well and only lost to Federer in the Masters, which seems like a pretty good form for me. If he can recover and be fit, he definitely has a shot. But he is not the favorite for me - although I do not know who really is the favorite for that one. Tough to see really.

Doha = illness = no form After US Open = tiredness, he took a break and then came back well and only lost to Federer in the Masters, which seems like a pretty good form for me. If he can recover and be fit, he definitely has a shot. But he is not the favorite for me - although I do not know who really is the favorite for that one. Tough to see really.
Djokovic ofcourse. No brainer to win AO!

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 4.50
Reasoning Well, here comes and the most interesting moment, the final of this tournament. Both players have started well the new season but one thing I just can't understand, why Nikolay Davydenko is so underrated in this final? Yes, we all know that Roger Federer is the legend of tennis and that he defeated Nikolay Davydenko 14 times, but in the same time why we have to forget about the latest four games between the Davydenko and Federer. If to remember well the latest four games between them were very difficult games for both players, it was so visible that the winner can be anyone at the end of the game, but despite all these reasons now we have Federer is the position of a clear favourite. I know that Davydenko didn't won against the best of Nadal yesterday as the spaniard had healthy problems, but IMO Davydenko could win against Rafa even in afir conditions, he has proved that many times, he has proved that he can play amazing tennis when he is in a good form. Davydenko did impressed in this tournament so far and there just can't be any doubts about his form, he didn't lost at least one set till this stage and IMO Federer can't have any advantages from the form point of view. All in all, Federer's position of clear favourite is not fair at all, he had so difficult games against Davydenko and I'm sure that today the story could repeat once again as Davydenko can compete from the class point of view against Federer which is the most important aspect. Huge value! Good Luck!

Djokovic ofcourse. No brainer to win AO!
Just because he had a lucky escape against Federer in the US Open does not mean that he will beat him again. I think it can go to anyone really. There may be a player that will surprise us (like Tsonga in the past, for example). But based on current form, it is between Federer and Djokovic for me - and I think Roger is less likely to slip somewhere on the road. And we should not forget the other top 10 players - Berdych, Soderling, Murray, Roddick should not be left out. AO is a lot about power - and they have plenty of that

SportTennis
EventRoger Federer v Nikolay Davydenko
SelectionDavydenko
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCanbet @ 4.50
ReasoningWell, here comes and the most interesting moment, the final of this tournament. Both players have started well the new season but one thing I just can't understand, why Nikolay Davydenko is so underrated in this final? Yes, we all know that Roger Federer is the legend of tennis and that he defeated Nikolay Davydenko 14 times, but in the same time why we have to forget about the latest four games between the Davydenko and Federer. If to remember well the latest four games between them were very difficult games for both players, it was so visible that the winner can be anyone at the end of the game, but despite all these reasons now we have Federer is the position of a clear favourite. I know that Davydenko didn't won against the best of Nadal yesterday as the spaniard had healthy problems, but IMO Davydenko could win against Rafa even in afir conditions, he has proved that many times, he has proved that he can play amazing tennis when he is in a good form. Davydenko did impressed in this tournament so far and there just can't be any doubts about his form, he didn't lost at least one set till this stage and IMO Federer can't have any advantages from the form point of view. All in all, Federer's position of clear favourite is not fair at all, he had so difficult games against Davydenko and I'm sure that today the story could repeat once again as Davydenko can compete from the class point of view against Federer which is the most important aspect. Huge value! Good Luck!
a bit difficult to beat No1 and No2 in the world in 2 days but then again, what our life will be without the unpredictable? i bought the russian with AH +3,5 games @ 2,10 (Bet365) 3/6 is my stake good luck to both of us:ok

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January A new event starts today, I like two in the WTA. 10pts (7/10) LAY A.Morita to bt. A.Amanmuradova @ 2.42 at StanJames - (or back at 1.66, whatever you like) I do not like the prices here too much. Amanmuradova beat Morita twice last year and I think this will continue here. I think she will just blow her off the court, since she is much better than Morita on hard courts. She has also shown more form in her first match, fighting a tough match with Safarova, while Morita lost 2-0 pretty easily. 10pts (7/10) A. Chakvetadze to bt. S.Errani @ 1.90 at Skybet Cannot have Errani as equal to Chakvetadze here, despite the fact Anna lost her first match pretty easily. Errani did too. In fact, they met once and Anna won 6-1 6-2 and I can see a similar scoreline here. Chakvetadze likes hard courts, while Errani is not great on them. Besides, I rate Chakvetadze as the better player on talent. 1.90 are solid odds.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Nothing for me in tomorrow's finals. I have Soderling outright and Wawrinka each way for the title, as posted earlier in the week. I still fancy both to win but got enough riding on it as it is. Wish I'd seen the Federer tip today Psycho, nice price and line. Some good shouts on Tipsarevic by the crew yesterday too.

A new event starts today, I like two in the WTA. 10pts (7/10) LAY A.Morita to bt. A.Amanmuradova @ 2.42 at StanJames - (or back at 1.66, whatever you like) I do not like the prices here too much. Amanmuradova beat Morita twice last year and I think this will continue here. I think she will just blow her off the court, since she is much better than Morita on hard courts. She has also shown more form in her first match, fighting a tough match with Safarova, while Morita lost 2-0 pretty easily. 10pts (7/10) A. Chakvetadze to bt. S.Errani @ 1.90 at Skybet Cannot have Errani as equal to Chakvetadze here, despite the fact Anna lost her first match pretty easily. Errani did too. In fact, they met once and Anna won 6-1 6-2 and I can see a similar scoreline here. Chakvetadze likes hard courts, while Errani is not great on them. Besides, I rate Chakvetadze as the better player on talent. 1.90 are solid odds.
really like your thinking on the morita -amanmuradova match! i was tempted by amanmuradova myself and you have convinced me! let's hope she does the job!

Any chance of a new thread Atko starting for tomorrows tennis' date=' as it happens in the early hours due to it being down under. Would do it myself but I get the impression you quite like starting the threads ;)[/quote'] I'll put it up now bud. Anyone can start a new thread though, doesn't have to be me.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Final bet for today, since it is technically still this week even in Australia. 10pts (8/10) LAY A.Yakimova to bt. L.Hradecka @ 2.88 at Bet365 - (or back at about 1.50 at various) I very much like Hradecka to come through this. She has played some really good tennis so far this year, having 5-1 record, losing only to Stosur, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Yakimova is still just an ordinary ITF circuit player, so I cannot see her hurting motivated Hradecka much.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Robin Söderling v Andy Roddick I think it's gonna go Andys way but I wont be involved. I think Soderling has been a little unstable and he will probably go down. In the mental battle I think Andy is the winner in a final as this. I would take Andy if I was'nt a swede.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Bernard Tomic v Lukasz Kubot Tomic 1.90 bet365 I don't trust Tomic. He's a teenager but Tomic absolutely destroyed Kunitsyn yesterday and then this should be no match for Tomic. Kubot is not as motivated and Tomic has the crowd and should be qualified for the tournament in his own country.

Re: Tennis - 1-9 January Xavier Malisse v Stanislas Wawrinka Malisse was quite impressive so far in Chennai losing only one set so far yesterday against Tipsarevic. He was consistent from the baseline and most of all his service was surprisingly effective as he sometimes had lots of problems with that element. Wawa surprised me yesterday when he dispatched Berych in two and he really loked fine although TB was awful yesteray. Both of these players play with similar style and i agree that Wawa is a slight favourite in this one cause he has more quality in general. But Xavier feels really good here, he'll like the underdog role here and i think he'll make Swiss run for his money. Line of 3.5 games can be covered in 2 sets if Malisse will continue to serve like so far in Chennai and i believe that with a bit of luck he can take the win here. Good luck. Bet 4% on Xavier Malisse +3.5 @ 2.16 Pinnacle

- Brisbane outright - Robin Soderling @ 2.75 with Stan James (1/10) WIN - Chennai outright - Stanislas Wawrinka @ 5.00 EW with Stan James (1/10) WIN :hope
Doubt anyone followed on this but delighted to see both come up at nice odds. Lovely start to 2011.