** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: KFC Big Bash

kevshat

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash NSW won. That puts me back to -2.07pts now overall but Tazzy's mauling in the first game today didn't help matters. One for me in the morning. 3pts Queensland to beat Western Australia 5/4 Sportingbet Having taken Queensland on in their match with NSW on Monday, I'm taking them to win this one. Usually when matches are played in a short space of time in this format the same wicket is used so that will be in Queensland's advantage here having had a game on the wicket. To be honest I thought the Bulls played ok against NSW. On a fairly decent wicket they restricted a fair NSW batting line up to 140 but they could never really get into the match with the bat. However Western Australia don't offer a Stuart Clark quality bowler here. In fact, I think this WA bowling attack is pretty weak all things considering and I think it relies heavily on their batting line up. However in this match it's a Warriors batting line up which has no Chris Gayle and no Shaun Marsh - two heavy losses for any state side. There's still Voges, Pomersbach and North but the batting line up runs out of genuine quality fairly quickly I think. That gives Queensland enough mileage to stay in this match and be competitive. It's a must win game for both sides. Whoever lose is definitely out but replacing Marsh and Gayle won't be easy and couple that with Queensland's match on the wicket on Monday, I think the Bulls look a good bet at 5/4 on their own patch.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Depends on which way you look at it mate. TBH fatigue should not really come into it when talking about a 20 over game. It can also be argued (and is a case imo) that in this case Queensland will have learned from yesterday's game and will be familiar with the conditions/how the pitch is playing. For that reason, and the ones Kev has mentioned I will also be on the same bet for 6pts.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Heh. This bet is an utter failure it seems. Happens sometimes, just glad I have not taken it for higher stakes. But how did Gayle get there is still a mystery for me. The end of the innings just shows how good this bet could have been. Without Gayle, their batting was shambles. With him, it was excellent. We can only hope for a heroic run chase here, but I guess it is not to be. Ah well.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Tasmania v Western Australia - Most Sixes Tasmania @ 11/10 9 points wil hill Tasmania v Western Australia - Match Betting Tasmania @ 4/6 - 6 points Simple Equation - Tasmania simply have better more explosive batsmen and better, disciplined accurate bowlers. Paine, Cosgrave, Birt, Bailey, Rana and Ten Doeschate are all lusty hitters, whilst Kreza Rana, Hilfenhaus and Drew are all canny bowlers in T20s. When you compare them with Mahmood who is really struggling, the loss of Gayle and MArsh and the more reserved boundary hitting style of Voges and North you have what many a mug would describe as a dead cert! Home advantage just underlines the bet!

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Not only did Gayle show up but Queensland decided to feed him pies all night and he tucked in :eyes. Back to -5.07pts now. One for tomorrow. I really need Taz to win. 3pts L.Davis (+2.5 runs) to beat M.Cosgrove 5/6 Ladbrokes I'm very surprised we're getting these odds on Davis without the handicap let alone with a 2 run start. In the 5 matches Tasmania have played in this tournament so far Mark Cosgrove has scored just 44 runs. That's in 4 innings. Liam Davis has hit 53 in one innings. That 53 may have gone under the radar as at the other end Chris Gayle was going ballistic hitting the ball from Brisbane to Perth and back again :lol. In the other one day competition, the Ryobi Cup, only two men have outscored Davis so far. Davis has 2 tons in the competition and a total of 380 runs at 54.28. Cosgrove has 193 runs in that competition at 24.12 an innings. When Western Australia played in Hobart in that competition Davis outscored Cosgrove 35-34. Rana Naved hasn't been opening the bowling for Tasmania which is a boost for Davis and with the head start and their contrasting form I'll take the Warriors opener to beat the big left hander here.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash

Tasmania v Western Australia - Most Sixes Tasmania @ 11/10 9 points wil hill Tasmania v Western Australia - Match Betting Tasmania @ 4/6 - 6 points Simple Equation - Tasmania simply have better more explosive batsmen and better, disciplined accurate bowlers. Paine, Cosgrave, Birt, Bailey, Rana and Ten Doeschate are all lusty hitters, whilst Kreza Rana, Hilfenhaus and Drew are all canny bowlers in T20s. When you compare them with Mahmood who is really struggling, the loss of Gayle and MArsh and the more reserved boundary hitting style of Voges and North you have what many a mug would describe as a dead cert! Home advantage just underlines the bet!
Couple of belting calls there mate :clap:clap.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Cheers mate it's nice when a match pans out exactly as you were expecting - it seemed obvious on paper but that's not usually enough is it :\ your Tasmania outright looks very solid - unfortunately for me... I'm on nsw but didn't get round to posting on here - I reckon south australia will miss pollard and tait too much to win - so could go down to a shoot out between tas and nsw in a few days - that's taking it for granted that nsw beat a poor Queensland side. Unlucky with cosgrave - u have been unfortunate with guys like him and gayle turning up at the wrong time!

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Forgot to mention - I agree with perry on another thread - the current and recent cricket has been absolutely blinding - I'm loving it ; ashes, Caribbean, sa v India, big bash, nz v pak - awesome stuff with the little matter of the world cup ont he horizon! Woo hoo

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash 41 and 36 boundaries 6 and 5 match 6's in the two matches at Melbourne this season victoria average 3.6 6's per innings but a third of those sixes (6)came from White, hussey and prior who won't be playing South aus average 5 a match - but only 14 of the 25 sixes hit were by current players - a certain mr. Pollard hit the other 11 in three matches! So without him they average 2.8 a match. The 'g' is a big pitch all stats back up the bet, and both teams are missing some of their big six hitters from earlier in the tournament! The only thing stopping it from being a bigger bet is the lack of meaning in the game which could loosen up the players mindsets. - therefore my bets are 28 Jan 2011 - Victoria v South Australia - Total Match Boundaries Over (34.5) @*5/6 3 points hills

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash 10pts South Australia to beat Victoria @4/5 with Stan James Big bet for me here on the Redbacks who are imo the best team in this competition. This is backed up by the fact that they have pretty much guaranteed top spot with a game to spare. They've lost Pollard who no doubt is a huge player to replace. However they have brought in Blizzard and Borgas who are both very big hitters and effective in this format. Victoria on the other hand have lost Prior, Bravo, Quiney, Hussey, and White. That only really leaves Hodge and Finch who strike any genuine fear in the batting lineup. The bowlers are fairly decent with Nannes, Pattinson, Siddle, and McDonald but this does not make up for the lack of depth in the batting. If Hodge/Finch do not fire they will be in big trouble. South Australia smacked the 2nd best side in the tournament so far by bowling Tasmania out for 111 - that was also without Pollard. They have the most balanced team around and should win this comfortably. The only real worry is perhaps a lack of motivation, but SA have to be taken here. They smashed a Victoria side with Quiney, White, Hussey, and Bravo playing earlier in the competiton - no reason to believe they won't do the same to a side missing so many big names.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash Match goes as planned really - South Australia chase down 144 easily enough. Middle order got some batting in as well and showed some good signs - very good to see going into the final. Won every game since losing their opener. +13.1 units for me now with the SA outright still well on.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash I've stayed away from match winner as I'm on nsw on outright - loss of callum ferguson is a real bonus! Short of time so will be quick - based on the amount if sixes and boundaries in womens final a few hours ago 6 points over 29.5 boundaries and 5.5 points over 7.5 sixes @ 5/6 and10/11. Respectively - loads of boundaries were hit and there are good pluses on show here for a high scoring match henriques top nsw bat @ 13/2 - 2 points huge odds for an explosive man who will bat at 4/5 and nsw have often list early wickets Borgas top sa bat @ 6/1 - 2 point as above I think bookies have gone too short on warner and Harris and neglected some quality in middle order sorry for late post - bug nightt last night!

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash South australia deserved to win the tournament - great consistency! I finshed that game + 9 points but was so close to a big win with henriques scoring 41 runs ; 2 short and the match boundaries falling short by one! That would have meant a profit of +35 points!:wall