** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The perfect martingale system

shadowvkc

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The perfect martingale system Holy.. another goal at 11 minutes. So much for picking games with low odds for under 2.5 goals as the market predicts a low scoring game. Ok so my new bet would be to Lay Over 3.5 Goals. My stake will be £7.99(Liability from previous bet) + £4.80(Liability from previous bet) + £10(my target) Stake = £22.79. Odds = 1.57. Liability = £12.99

Re: The perfect martingale system Ok Aldric.. at the moment this is how it would work out: The score is 0-2 Iv bet there wont be Over 1.5 Goals. (£4.8 Liability) Goal was scored. This bet would still be a winner if there was no more goals, but to cover myself against another goal I then Bet that there wont be Over 2.5 Goals. This Over 2.5 goals bet will be for my £10 profit and my £4.8 liability. Goal was scored. The Over 1.5 Goals has now lost. The Over 2.5 Goals is still a winner aslong as no more goals are scored. To cover the eventuality of another goal, I then bet that there wont be over 3.5 goals. This over 3.5 goals bet will be for my £10 profit, my £4.8 liability from the Over 1.5 goals, and my £7.99 liability from my Over 2.5 goals. This is where we are up to so far. Make some kind of sense?

Re: The perfect martingale system Ok I will now place a Lay the correct current score bet. The odds are 1.2 and my stake will by for all of my liability aka £24.78, liability £5.16 We now have 3 possible outcomes. 1. No more goals. £32.79 - £5.16 - 4.80 = £22.83 2. 1 More goal will mean our Over 2.5 bet is a loser, but our over 3.5 goal is a winner and our correct score bet is a winner. Libitlity for 1.5 goals = -4.80 Libility for 2.5 goals = -7.99 Profit for 3.5 goals = 22.79 profit for correct score = 24.78 total profit = 34.78 3. More than 3 goals Same as above 4. More than 4 goals scored. Over 1.5, 2.5 and over 3.5 bets will become a loser so our total liability on them is £25.97 Our total profit from the correct score bet = 24.62 So our total loss = 1.35

Re: The perfect martingale system Sure. Ok so bet 1 is Lay Over 1.5 goals. We stake £10 on this bet, so our potential profit = £9.95 and our potential liability is £4.80. This bet lost so we placed another bet on Lay Over 2.5 goals. We stake £14.80 on this bet, so our potential profit = £14.06 (we should have staked slightly more to cover the 5% commission). Our potential liability is £7.99. This bet won so we currently have £14.06 profit - £4.80 from our first bet = £9.26 To cover the eventuality of another goal we also placed the bet Lay Over 3.5 goals. We stake £22.79 on this bet (this would have covered the loss from the Over 2.5 goals and the Over 1.5 goals and given us a £9.95 profit) This bet won so we currently have a profit of £9.26 + £21.65 = £30.91 To cover the eventuality of 2 or more goals in injury time we placed the bet Lay the correct current score. We stake £25.78 on this bet to cover our liability from the other bets (£4.80 + £7.99 + £12.99) £25.78. Liability £5.16 There were no more goals scored so this bet lost, so we lost £5.16. Our total Profit for the game is £30.91 - £5.16 so £25.75 ** it seems my previous profit calculation was incorrect as in a few calcuations i forgot the 5% commission. I am wondering if someone a little more experienced in football betting could double check my figures please?

Re: The perfect martingale system The next game is starting at 5.30 so I will try to work this out correctly with the proper comission and I will attempt to make it a little simpler Game is West Ham V Everton Bet 1. Lay Over 1.5 goals. Liability = £4.00 Potential profit = £9.50

Re: The perfect martingale system Your total profit was: £22.79 + £14.80 - £4.80 - £5.16 = £27.63 If there had been a goal in say the 91st minute, your profit would have been: £22.79 + £24.49 - £4.80 - £7.99 = £34.49!! To be honest with you, this seems a bit too good to be true. Can you provide the odds for each bet too please?

Re: The perfect martingale system

The next game is starting at 5.30 so I will try to work this out correctly with the proper comission and I will attempt to make it a little simpler Game is West Ham V Everton Bet 1. Lay Over 1.5 goals. Liability = £4.00 Potential profit = £9.50
The odds for this first bet is 1.4. Liquidity is £412 waiting to be matched at that amount

Re: The perfect martingale system So the only scenario which screws you up is if the game is very high scoring within the match, like a freak 8-0 win or something? Because you wouldn't be able to get the liquidity on Betfair for the over 7.5 market etc? Also, you have to take into account that if your internet/electricity failed you'd be in trouble wouldn't you?

Re: The perfect martingale system Yes very high scoring games would screw you up.. but the games I have selected today have all been odds of for Over 2.5 goals... this is an indication that the market are not expecting loads of goals. Obviously if the internet or electricity failed you would be in trouble.. But i have a laptop which is always plugged in so the battery is always full and I have an internet dongle for back up.. so that wouldnt really be to much of a problem for me.. the problem is sitting here watching the screen for the duration of the game as I have no interest in football :(

Re: The perfect martingale system

Obviously if the internet or electricity failed you would be in trouble.. But i have a laptop which is always plugged in so the battery is always full and I have an internet dongle for back up.. so that wouldnt really be to much of a problem for me.. the problem is sitting here watching the screen for the duration of the game as I have no interest in football :(
Use http://www.futbol24.com/Live/ and it will BEEP at you when / if there is a goal - turn the volume up so you hear it :dude, no need to sit and watch the game or the odds etc.