** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: European Tour 2011 - Dubai World Championship

RussP

Re: Golf: European Tour 2011 - Singapore Open Jhonattan Vegas @ 67 Sportsbet I've been relatively impressed with Vegas of late. He's had trouble with consistency but he's been showing some glimpses of late. Was impressive in the opening round of the CIMB and finished last week's event in Shanghai impressively as well. With a field that has a lot of chaff, I think Vegas is one of the better value picks here.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: European Tour 2011 - Singapore Open Singapore Open. G Mc Dowell (EW) 18/1 PP I wasn't best pleased with what Mc Dowell did in Spain. Thats gone now, so best try and find some gold in the poo pile. Mc Dowell had a superb week in Shanghai and it would appear that the near death experience (his career) he suffered in Andalucia really shook him up. The reflecting on the long haul flight to China appears to have been worth a large fee to any sports psychologist. I don't have any worries about putting G Mac up for this tournament. Two top five finishes in the last two years says he certainly knows the course well. The show last week was amongst a far classier field than this. No Mc Ilroy or the seasonly in form Adam Scott to worry about. Big Phil is thrown in here as the pre tournament favorite. Mickleson will recieve a large retainer for his appearance which should pay for the Christmas pressies. As for a betting proposition, I would not be looking at Mickleson with any confidence. Looking at the rest of the field, there are plenty more than capable of challanging here. However I will stick with Mc Dowell to continue the renaissance that followed his 82nd shot at the 18th on his last round in Andalucia no fewer than nine days ago! GL

Re: Golf: European Tour 2011 - Singapore Open

Singapore Open. G Mc Dowell (EW) 18/1 PP I wasn't best pleased with what Mc Dowell did in Spain. Thats gone now, so best try and find some gold in the poo pile. Mc Dowell had a superb week in Shanghai and it would appear that the near death experience (his career) he suffered in Andalucia really shook him up. The reflecting on the long haul flight to China appears to have been worth a large fee to any sports psychologist. I don't have any worries about putting G Mac up for this tournament. Two top five finishes in the last two years says he certainly knows the course well. The show last week was amongst a far classier field than this. No Mc Ilroy or the seasonly in form Adam Scott to worry about. Big Phil is thrown in here as the pre tournament favorite. Mickleson will recieve a large retainer for his appearance which should pay for the Christmas pressies. As for a betting proposition, I would not be looking at Mickleson with any confidence. Looking at the rest of the field, there are plenty more than capable of challanging here. However I will stick with Mc Dowell to continue the renaissance that followed his 82nd shot at the 18th on his last round in Andalucia no fewer than nine days ago! GL
Sorry if anyone followed my selection. A very frustrating weekend of golf between the weather and G Mac's failings. Mc Dowell, amazingly finished 13th in this tournament with -8, all those shots being generated on the toughest of the two courses. His second round performance, on the easiest (by a long way) course, a course that was a -4 gimme, had me banging my head against the wall till it stopped hurting. Any kind of round at all and he surely would have been in contention and at least returned the stake. Report;Graeme must try harder to concentrate over 4 days or even 3!!!

Re: Golf: European Tour 2011 - South African Open Thomas Aiken @ 36 Saffers have a strong record in this tournament and whilst I like Coetzee I thought the odds were a bit short. Aiken on the other hand has had a strong year including a win and I feel these odds offer a little bit of value. Richard Finch @ 120 Betfair I maintain that Finch has the kind of hot form that could see him post a big 4 round score. Bogeys and Double Bogeys (and sometimes even triples) have plagued him all year but I have faith that he can put together a proper 4 rounds and really challenge for a win soon.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2011 - Nedbank Golf Challenge & Hong Kong Open Nedbank Senior Challange David Frost EW 5/1 b365 (1/5 1,2,3) A small field of 8 runners here. Frosty has been playing fairly well of late and he is on home soil. A fairly fresh face on the senior and the impetus is with him. His biggest threat here could be Tom Lehman who has been in good form on the Champions tour. Hopefully the home advantage will see Frosty home. GL

Re: Golf: European Tour 2011 - Nedbank Golf Challenge & Hong Kong Open Hong Kong Open. Top Continental Europe. Gregory Bourdy EW 11/1 b365 1/4 1,2,3,4 Bourdy finished 2nd in this market last year and won the tournament the year before. Obviousley likes the course and gets the Christmas shopping fund at the last minute. He will be relaxed and at home here on this dartboard of a golf course. If his putter is swinging like the pendulem on a grandfather clock then I could be joining him on the Christmas shop at Harrods. You could discount quite a few of this field and I think 11/1 is a fair price on a guy with form figures of 1,2 for the last two outings here.GL