** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2011 New Year Resolutions / Poker - what`s yours?

teaulc

Re: 2011 New Year Resolutions / Poker - what`s yours? My poker ambitions are: Continue to study. It's really important to keep fresh and study. Have no breaks longer than 10days. This may sound really terrible but EVERY time i take a break of 2weeks or longer i come back playing worse than anybody has ever played the game of poker in the history of the world. Seriously it's like all poker brain cells dissapear and it takes time to get back into gear after a break so no more of those, and i haven't had more than 1/2days off in like 3months and it's worked great. Be playing mostly live poker. Unless some random online site becomes tooooo good to stay away from. I just love playing cards, always have done always will do and the computer takes some of that realness away, after a while it becomes a computer game based around math - and i'm SH IT at maths! Try and play the WSOP - but chances of me SAVING enough money is remote but who knows. Just earn lots of money really. Survival.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 2011 New Year Resolutions / Poker - what`s yours? Keep on playing the Sunday big games regularly by qualifying Score in one of them! Hopefully qualify to some nice live event (WSOP again? Not sure if I'll be able to give it a go this year for logistical reasons :( ) More generally - keep on improving, and affect a portion of my winnings towards this goal (videos or coaching) Have a successful year :ok Fred

Re: 2011 New Year Resolutions / Poker - what`s yours? Play a lot more poker this year and a lot more live games. Make sure I keep a good balance between poker and other things, its quite easy to neglect other things when you play a lot of poker. Looking to make a $10k profit this year, made a profit last year and also in 5 of last 6 years but $10k will take a lot more dedication than previous years. Looking to play a decent live event such as GUKPT main event. Looking to play more smaller events like APAT tournies, Virgin and Sky tours (gutted at being to late to qualify for a seat at Newcastle leg of Sky Poker Tour)